• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is P3 Slowing You Down? Check Out Our New Web System!

In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration and slowness of the new web system being implemented. The speaker shares their experience of trying to enter an order and the long process it takes, as well as the multiple updates and waiting involved. Another person agrees and adds that they regret switching to the new system. They suggest sending feedback to the Home Office as the program is not making things easier. The conversation ends with someone expressing disappointment that the web system is not as quick as they had hoped.
kam
Staff member
OK, I have seen many complaints on the new web - but since I am not in the group using it thus far, I haven't really been reading all the issues in detail.

BUT, geez, P3 is SO slow. I won't miss it...I don't think!

I got an order at work...combo Pantry/non-pantry items and a past host discount...so I just wanted to enter it in P3 quick just to double check my math.

I was ready to go to bed and "shoot!" I remembered.

So, I boot up the Laptop and started P3...took 10 minutes...it must have gotten hung up. It does sometimes. Then it had to do updates...and those take FOREVER!

So I am still sitting here waiting to enter an order just to check my math. :mad:

So, here's hoping they get all the bugs worked out of the new system SOON!!

Things aren't that speedy in the new system, so don't get too excited. Right now, you have to log onto old web, click to go to new web,wait, sign in, wait, go to c.c., go to "my shows", find your show, go to the cart, find or add a guest and all their info, enter items, click, wait, check, if they earned special-click that box, wait, select choice, wait, check order, select "round up", click "add", wait, enter payment, update, wait, finalize and send receipt. One order.

If you don't know the item number, you type in the name, and if you pick an option (instead of clicking "add") to check to see if it's the right item, it goes to a screen to pick from which will not take you back to the order unless you actually add one to the cart. Instead, you have to go back to "my shows" find the show find the guest and continue from there.

There's a lot of updating and waiting, updating and waiting. Every step.

pchockeymom said:
Things aren't that speedy in the new system, so don't get too excited. Right now, you have to log onto old web, click to go to new web,wait, sign in, wait, go to c.c., go to "my shows", find your show, go to the cart, find or add a guest and all their info, enter items, click, wait, check, if they earned special-click that box, wait, select choice, wait, check order, select "round up", click "add", wait, enter payment, update, wait, finalize and send receipt. One order.

If you don't know the item number, you type in the name, and if you pick an option (instead of clicking "add") to check to see if it's the right item, it goes to a screen to pick from which will not take you back to the order unless you actually add one to the cart. Instead, you have to go back to "my shows" find the show find the guest and continue from there.

^^^ What she said. Sigh. I'm sure it will all be great in the long run, but right now, I'm wishing I hadn't switched to the new system.

pchockeymom said:

Oh! That is a shame. Here I thought a web system would be lickety-split quick!!

Hopefully, they make the whole thing a little more user friendly!

Amanda_RI said:
^^^ What she said. Sigh. I'm sure it will all be great in the long run, but right now, I'm wishing I hadn't switched to the new system.

If you feel this way, please send it along to Home Office. They need to know that this program is not making things easier.

I've already emailed them several times. :/

kam said:
Oh! That is a shame. Here I thought a web system would be lickety-split quick!!

Hopefully, they make the whole thing a little more user friendly!

Luckily I have not switched. I dragged my feet long ago when switching to P3 and thought that this time I would be more pro active. Now that I am hearing all that is going on..I am kissing my P3 everyday!

So I've been on the phone with tech for the past hour or so... they told me that we can still submit in p3 even if we are in the new web.

Where I am fustrated is that I can't add the past host booking benefit and he tells me in the most monotone voice... "I'm sorry. You just can't do it. It must be a bug. I'll have to report it."

This is the first time I've called for anything on the new web... I was unsuccessful. :(

My new team member ran into this problem and it's had her show on hold for the last week. They can't seem to figure it out.

vmgcooks said:
My new team member ran into this problem and it's had her show on hold for the last week. They can't seem to figure it out.

Glad everyone is communicating to HO about everythings. That is so important. Doesn't solve the hundreds of problems, but it will help them try to get on top of all of the problems.

Good thing we don't have a dislike button on here or it would be worn out. The concept for web based is good, but sounds like it was launched way too early.

ok... so I figured my issue out... I can not believe tech support didn't get this. My past host placed her order online... she was unable to put in the booking benefit. I was unable to edit the order in the new web as it must not have the capabilites. And tech put in a ticket for it. Well all I had to do was delete her out of the guest list and put her order in myself. BINGO! Booking benefit there!

vanscootin said:
So I've been on the phone with tech for the past hour or so... they told me that we can still submit in p3 even if we are in the new web.

Where I am fustrated is that I can't add the past host booking benefit and he tells me in the most monotone voice... "I'm sorry. You just can't do it. It must be a bug. I'll have to report it."

This is the first time I've called for anything on the new web... I was unsuccessful. :(

We are wearing thin on our patience with this. Can you imagine how they are feeling after weeks of working to fix these things? It is getting better all the time but it is painful in the meantime.

BethCooks4U said:
We are wearing thin on our patience with this. Can you imagine how they are feeling after weeks of working to fix these things? It is getting better all the time but it is painful in the meantime.

Yeah... I know :( The first guy I talked to was awesome... then he had to transfer me into the "inner sanctum" with the next level of techno geekdom... he wasn't so happy. But alas, it's fixed.... moving forward (worst corporate phrase ever) LOL!

I feel bad for the tech people.. I feel bad for everyone being on terminal hold and not getting answers (been there done that... with a P3 issue) I'm sure this is all going to be uber fabulous once all the bugs are worked out.

vanscootin said:
Yeah... I know :( The first guy I talked to was awesome... then he had to transfer me into the "inner sanctum" with the next level of techno geekdom... he wasn't so happy. But alas, it's fixed.... moving forward (worst corporate phrase ever) LOL!

Yes. There are a group of guys in tech whose job it is to field our calls. I just learned that recently when we were off subject while he was checking something.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. There are a group of guys in tech whose job it is to field our calls. I just learned that recently when we were off subject while he was checking something.

Hilarious... so glad I'm not the only one who totally goes off topic...the guy I was talking to... we must have chatted for at least 10 extra minutes before he transferred me up... cars, houses, travel... and the highlight of my day, Chicago is having a males in leather event this weekend. Made me laugh and softened the blow of being on hold for 45 minutes... which wasn't that bad really, I put it on speaker and continued about my business. LOL.

vanscootin said:

Yea, you can still use P3, but ONLY until June 30th!! I agree, this program should NOT have been released for probably another six months to a year! Also, I pretty much HATE it right now, as I'm going to have to go back to using a pen and calculator at my shows, because I have no cell phone, and many of my shows are in homes where there is no wireless internet to connect to!! GRRR!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Yea, you can still use P3, but ONLY until June 30th!! I agree, this program should NOT have been released for probably another six months to a year! Also, I pretty much HATE it right now, as I'm going to have to go back to using a pen and calculator at my shows, because I have no cell phone, and many of my shows are in homes where there is no wireless internet to connect to!! GRRR!!!

With this whole take less approach, I haven't been taking my computer for maybe the last 6 months and I have to say, I like it. I get home so much earlier for one, and I've found I'd rather enter the orders at home. I feel better getting out of the host's home faster, too. And I think it might be more appealing to anyone interested in the biz if they don't think they need a computer to do shows.

Sandi

I understand what you mean, but personally, I enjoyed using my laptop. The orders were all calculated and DONE when I left the home, and was way less calculating errors! Also, I could be sure all the information was in there, too.
Now, I'm concerned about "going backwards", but that's exactly what it seems like I'm going to have to do!! So frustrating, I almost quit over it, to tell you the truth, but I've decided to give it a little longer, to hopefully give them a chance to make it work...for ALL of us!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
I understand what you mean, but personally, I enjoyed using my laptop. The orders were all calculated and DONE when I left the home, and was way less calculating errors! Also, I could be sure all the information was in there, too.
Now, I'm concerned about "going backwards", but that's exactly what it seems like I'm going to have to do!! So frustrating, I almost quit over it, to tell you the truth, but I've decided to give it a little longer, to hopefully give them a chance to make it work...for ALL of us!!

I have been told that the newer IOS on the MAC computers (sorry Windows) is supposed to be able to operate apps that used to be just for the ipad. I have not had a chance to see if mine is the right ios yet or not to try it, but it would be nice to have that and then use the ipad app (when it arrives) on a mac laptop too.

"Yea, you can still use P3, but ONLY until June 30th!!"

For those of us who have to wait to get on the new site, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get used to the new site and figure out everything like all of you have been doing. Thanks for finding the "bugs" but I agree, they should wait a little longer to take down P3!!!

cochef said:
"Yea, you can still use P3, but ONLY until June 30th!!"

For those of us who have to wait to get on the new site, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get used to the new site and figure out everything like all of you have been doing. Thanks for finding the "bugs" but I agree, they should wait a little longer to take down P3!!!

At this rate, I don't see how they can stick to this take down time. In fact, I think it would be the most dreadful mistake in a long line of them with this entire changeover.

1. What is "Won't Miss P3...I Think"?

"Won't Miss P3...I Think" is a delicious seasoning blend that is perfect for adding flavor to your dishes. It is made with a combination of herbs, spices, and seasonings that will enhance the taste of your food.

2. Is "Won't Miss P3...I Think" gluten-free?

Yes, "Won't Miss P3...I Think" is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.

3. How do I use "Won't Miss P3...I Think"?

"Won't Miss P3...I Think" can be used in a variety of ways, such as sprinkling it on meats, vegetables, or pasta dishes. You can also mix it with oil to create a marinade or add it to sauces for an extra burst of flavor.

4. Does "Won't Miss P3...I Think" contain any artificial ingredients?

No, "Won't Miss P3...I Think" does not contain any artificial ingredients. It is made with only natural herbs, spices, and seasonings.

5. Can I buy "Won't Miss P3...I Think" in bulk?

Yes, "Won't Miss P3...I Think" is available for purchase in bulk sizes. This is a great option for those who use it frequently or for hosting events and parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • Sequeemamma
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefheidi2003