• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can men succeed as Pampered Chef consultants?

In summary, Pampered Chef welcomes both men and women as consultants and values diversity. Being a man in the predominantly female industry can actually be advantageous as it brings a unique perspective. Prior cooking or sales experience is not necessary as the training program provides all the necessary skills. The schedule is flexible, allowing for a balance between work, family, and consulting. Couples can also work together as co-consultants and support each other while growing their business.
WonderMonkey
Good day to you, ChefSuccess! My name is Mike and I am considering becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. My wife has attended a few PC parties and I like the products they have. My wife is going to have a show soon and it got me thinking about consulting. I currently am involved in software development for my day job and also do it on the side to keep my entertained late at night. I am active with my kids coaching their sports and whatever other activities they are involved with.My wife has talked about how she would like to get out of her current job but it pays too well for her to just up and switch to something else and it's not like she hates her job, it's that she is just tired of it. So I am trying to come up with something that she enjoys that she can do (in time) that she might like. I figure if I get involved in PC it might show her that it can be done. She is speaking to our consultant about booking a party and I briefly spoke to her about becoming a consultant. I know it can either be a bonus or a hindrance being a male so hopefully if I go down this trail I can figure out how to make it work for me.

Last edited:
welcome mike! if you have any PC related questions - Chef Success is the place to get them answered! there are people who do this part time, full time, & with no extra spare time (thats me). hopefully you & your wife can find a home with PC!

Thanks! I've found this place useful already!

Mike - usually males have better success at PC because they truly focus and view it as a business.There is a guy in my cluster that does decent. I know of many husband/wife "teams" too. One signs but they share the business.Having a supportive spouse is one of the best benefits.Now is as good a time as ever to give it a shot.Yell if you have any more questions here!

Welcome Mike glad to have you along for our fun ride.

Welcome to Chef Success and hopefully to PC!!

Welcome!

Janet said everything that I was going to point out.

Let us know if you have specific questions that we can help you with! There are lots of helpful people on this site!

Welcome Mike!! :chef:

Welcome and best wishes!

I'd love to have a Husband/Wife Team! I think that would be so much fun!

Welcome Mike!!
Based on your other posts, I think if you decide to sign, you will do a GREAT job with your sense of humor and personality!!

WonderMonkey,

I am actually in the exact same boat you are. I do web development by day and my wife and are are going to become consultants. She is going to do all the day to day stuff and I am going to do the shows and marketing stuff. I too get board with sitting in front of a computer so the thought of being able to cook and use some showmanship excites me.

Glad to see there are other males around here!

-J.J.

WonderMonkey said:
Good day to you, ChefSuccess! My name is Mike and I am considering becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. My wife has attended a few PC parties and I like the products they have. My wife is going to have a show soon and it got me thinking about consulting. I currently am involved in software development for my day job and also do it on the side to keep my entertained late at night. I am active with my kids coaching their sports and whatever other activities they are involved with.

My wife has talked about how she would like to get out of her current job but it pays too well for her to just up and switch to something else and it's not like she hates her job, it's that she is just tired of it. So I am trying to come up with something that she enjoys that she can do (in time) that she might like. I figure if I get involved in PC it might show her that it can be done. She is speaking to our consultant about booking a party and I briefly spoke to her about becoming a consultant. I know it can either be a bonus or a hindrance being a male so hopefully if I go down this trail I can figure out how to make it work for me.

Mike we have a guy in our cluster and he does well always focused on the business, recruits well and inspiring to be around good luck

Hi and Welcome to Mike and JJ.

I do hope you sign up and are succesful. I am pretty new (Started June) and have had so much fun. If you find the PC incentives motivating, you will do well, as there are tons of them!!

And it really is a no-risk thing to try. After 4 shows, if you decide it is not for you, you have pretty much earned back your initial investment and get to keep hundreds of dollars worth of kitchen tools. I hope you both give it go!

Thanks. I've approached my wife about it. At first she actually laughed at the idea of me doing PC. I laughed along with her because I realize how out of the blue it was. Then we started to talk about it a bit more and she said she would chew on it. Naturally she said that I can do whatever I want and she would support me but I want her to see if she agrees it is a good idea because then she would also be helping out in whatever ways she could, like letting her friends know, etc.

Mike you have to let me know how it goes. I am trying to recruit my ex-husband, as his part time job has slowed down a lot over the past year. He can be very charming and doesn't hate cooking.

Best of luck!

I will certainly keep people informed.I didn't meet with my wife's PC consultant this weekend at our kid's ball game. Her father went into the hospital recently and needs to focus on that a bit. I certainly agreed and I told her that me talking to her about PC pales in comparison to focusing on her family when she needs to do. I have her phone number and will give her a call.

Welcome Mike! I think it's great that guys get involved in these types of businesses. It's such a woman dominated field, that I think it needs more men!!

I hope it works out for you and your family! :)

Just got off the phone with our consultant. She is very open and honest with me and didn't try and "pump me up" about the business which I appreciated. I kept the conversation to a minimum since she was on the phone but she answered a few questions and was impressed that I was already on here harassing you fine people with questions, ideas, etc.If my wife will be supportive (conversation tonight) I think I'm going to take the plunge.

WOO HOO!! Good for you, Mike! It is a lot easier with a supportive spouse. Hope your DW supports you all the way! :)

If you want the two free pieces of Stoneware if you get the $1,000 in sales in 30 days, you have to submit by 12 midnight tonight!

That's going to be tough. However if we are never challenged we will never grow.I'M GOING TO GET THAT STONEWARE!!

Chatted with the wife about it tonight.... not positive. At first it was about me being a guy and women don't want men at the parties and that men wouldn't do well being a consultant. I told her I hoped that nobody ever tells our daughter that she can't do something in a male dominated field and if I ever heard anybody telling her that I'd be furious. After that she backed way off that angle and went to how much of our kid's activities I'd miss. THAT is a valid argument. We both coach (select and/or rec depending on the season). The theory of PC is that you can choose your own hours. The reality is that if you want to do anything of significance with ANYTHING you are going to have to sacrifice on occasion.So the evenings chat didn't end with anything conclusive. I'll talk to her further about it tomorrow after she chews on it.I did tell her that if it wasn't going to work out that there would be little to no money lost as a few shows would pay for the investment and only time and effort would be lost.

WonderMonkey said:
Chatted with the wife about it tonight.... not positive. At first it was about me being a guy and women don't want men at the parties and that men wouldn't do well being a consultant. I told her I hoped that nobody ever tells our daughter that she can't do something in a male dominated field and if I ever heard anybody telling her that I'd be furious. After that she backed way off that angle and went to how much of our kid's activities I'd miss. THAT is a valid argument. We both coach (select and/or rec depending on the season). The theory of PC is that you can choose your own hours. The reality is that if you want to do anything of significance with ANYTHING you are going to have to sacrifice on occasion.

So the evenings chat didn't end with anything conclusive. I'll talk to her further about it tomorrow after she chews on it.

I did tell her that if it wasn't going to work out that there would be little to no money lost as a few shows would pay for the investment and only time and effort would be lost.

The top sales person in the company is a man.:)

I believe the theory (and reality!) is that women love having a man cook for them!

ChefBeckyD said:
The top sales person in the company is a man.:)

I believe the theory (and reality!) is that women love having a man cook for them!

Gotta agree with you there, Becky!

Hope you can convince your wife to at least be supportive while you give this a try! My DD is only 4 and I work FT, but I hope that when she gets older, I won't be missing out on her activities! I haven't yet! :)

1. Can men be successful as Pampered Chef consultants?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef values diversity and welcomes both men and women as consultants. As long as you have a passion for the products and a drive to succeed, you can be successful as a consultant regardless of gender.

2. Will being a man in a predominantly female industry hinder my success?

No, being a man in the Pampered Chef industry can actually be seen as a unique advantage. You can bring a different perspective and target a different demographic, which can help you stand out and attract more customers.

3. Do I need to have prior cooking or sales experience to be a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need any specific experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training program will provide you with all the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful. Your enthusiasm for the products and willingness to learn are more important than any previous experience.

4. How can I balance being a Pampered Chef consultant with my current job and family responsibilities?

Pampered Chef offers a flexible schedule, allowing you to work at your own pace and find a balance that works for you. Many consultants successfully manage their consulting business while also working a full-time job and taking care of their families. It will require some time management skills, but it is definitely doable.

5. Can my wife and I both be Pampered Chef consultants?

Absolutely! Many couples are successful as co-consultants, splitting responsibilities and supporting each other. It can also be a great way to spend time together and build your relationship while growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Danielle Touchet
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • cathy kish
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Gracie Stafford