• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Winter Stews and Soups for Cozy Comfort

In summary, Lisa's favorite soup is the Taco Soup from the current show, but she also likes the White Chicken Chili from the Soups Cards. Her current favorite is the White Chicken Chili from the current SBRC. She also likes the Split Pea Soup and the Vegetable/Beef/Barley Soup. She likes to make a double batch and freeze some. The Quick and Easy Turkey Chili is her favorite soup to make.
Laura420
I just love winter comfort foods. I really enjoy a great bowl of hearty soup. DH doesnt like stew much, so I tend to make a hearty soup, like lentil, pea or black bean... Im on a black bean kick at the moment... love it.

anyway - whats your favorite?

Vegetable soup with beef. Also I love soup beans (navy beans), and large lima beans with ham.

There's one in the old Celebration cookbook. I think it's called Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chili. When we make it, we also add ground beef. I swear it gets better the next day...

Oh cool! I did a search on CC, and it's actually also in the Use and Care for the Chef's Tools Spoon. Which means the whole recipe is available on CC!

I love soup!! I usually make veggie beef, cheesy cauliflower/broccoli, potato and french onion; I just got a new recipe for white chili - OMG it is AMAZING!!! It may just take over as my favorite

My current favorite is the White Chicken Chili from the current SBRC, but I also like the smashed potato soup from the soups cards (it's been posted around here), and the Greek Lemon Rice from It's Good For You.

Smashed potato soup
Bean and Ham soup
Hodge-Podge Soup
Vegetable/Beef/Barley Soup
White Chicken Chili
Split Pea Soup
Chicken w/ Brown Rice Soup

I LOVE soup! We have lots of soup this time of the year. My best soups are the ones I throw together w/o a recipe. I always keep lots of different broths on hand, and different grains and beans to throw in...yummy!

Taco soup - more like a soupy mild chili. Very good with corn chips, like fritos, a little sour cream and grated cheddar cheese. Oh, and if you're really hungry a baked potato. It's mostly from cans, but tastes really good.

I make a double batch and then freeze a bunch too, some in single portions for DH's lunch, and some for another meal. But even a single batch makes alot!

Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef, browned.
1 packet Taco seasoning (or 1/4 cup if you buy in bulk)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans (16oz) diced tomatoes
2 cans kidneys beans, undrained
2 cans tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can corn
3 cups water (I use a bit less)

Brown beef, add onion to cook, add everything else. Simmer 15mins or more to cook down.

I've never made soup before...:eek: I find the thought simply overwhelming! How pathetic am I? :rolleyes:

Has another done this one at a show..............

Microwave Quick Turkey Chili

This quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.

1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water

Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.
Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.

Yield: 6 servings

(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 970 mg, Fiber 8 g

Just curious how generous the servings are and if anyone has any tips.

Thanks,

Lisa

Taco soup
Chicken Tortilla
Veggie Beef
Corn Chowder
Broccoli Cheese
Rudabega

Yum, any type.

I made the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup from the Power Cooking with Chicken recipes last night! It is so good! My Host's husband loved it and since she is my new recruit, I left her the copy of the recipes. She said he wants her to get the ingredients and make it soon!

Spinach Crab is a favorite of mine - no idea how to make it since our chef does it at the restaurant -

Smashed Potato soup
Broccoli Cheese
Chicken Noodle
Beef Barley
Lobster Bisque

1. What is the best type of pot to use for making winter stews and soups?

The best type of pot to use for making winter stews and soups is a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven. This type of pot allows for even heat distribution and retains heat well, making it perfect for slow-cooking hearty winter dishes.

2. Can I use frozen vegetables in my winter stews and soups?

Yes, you can definitely use frozen vegetables in your winter stews and soups. Frozen vegetables are often flash-frozen at their peak freshness, making them a convenient and nutritious option for winter cooking. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

3. How can I make my winter stews and soups more flavorful?

One way to add more flavor to your winter stews and soups is to use homemade stock instead of store-bought broth. You can also add herbs and spices, such as thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves, to enhance the flavor. Another tip is to sear meat and vegetables before adding them to the pot to add depth of flavor.

4. Can I use a slow cooker to make winter stews and soups?

Yes, slow cookers are great for making winter stews and soups. They allow for hands-off cooking and can help develop rich flavors in your dishes. Just make sure to follow the recipe and adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed.

5. How can I thicken my winter stews and soups?

You can thicken your winter stews and soups by using a roux (a mixture of flour and fat) or a slurry (a mixture of cornstarch and water). You can also add mashed potatoes or pureed beans to thicken the broth. Just be sure to add these thickeners towards the end of cooking and adjust the seasoning as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie