• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wine & Cheese Theme Show: Ideas and Inspiration for a March Event

In summary, the Wine and Cheese Theme Show could include fruit, cheese, and wine. Guests could cut cheese with a cheese knife and serve it on a new bamboo platter. Some appetizer ideas include mini muffin pans and tart shapers, the Pineapple Corer, and the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups. The show could also include demonstrations of how our tools can create elegant food.
stefani2
Has anyone done a Wine and Cheese Theme Show? I had a friend request this for her Show in March - but don't have any ideas for what to do?

This may not be what you are looking for, but you could use the "dots" wine glasses to serve wine in (or just as decor) have guests cut some cheese with the cheese knife, serve it on one of the new bamboo platters. Maybe make some type of appetizer using the mini muffin pan and tart shaper....just a few suggestions.

GREAT IDEAS Amanda. What recipes do you suggest? (I am not a Wine OR Cheese person)

I have not done a wine & cheese theme...but I would think one of the Brie recipes would go very nicely with wine.

How about fruit with the cheese? Isn't fruit usually served with the cheese and wine? Or am I imagining that?

anyone have good recipes for this show? The cheesy bacon bites would work...I am thinking this would make a good show for some of my customers

The Brie would go nice with wine. Also the mediterranean cheese spread would be nice. Light and creamy cheese goes best with a white wine Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or sparkling wine (champagne) and more full flavored cheese (cheddar, Pecorino Romano, Asiago, etc...) and blue cheese go best with darker wines like Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah etc...

The lighter the wine, usually the sweeter it is.

You could also do some sort of fondue and have breads, and veggies to dip in the fondue. A fruit like grapes goes well with wine and cheese.

You really could do a fruit display, using the core & more to make melon balls, or stem strawberries....use the v-shaped cutter to create a bowl of sorts out of a cantalope to put the fruit in.

Oooh that sounds like a fun one! You could definitely display the Dots Stemware with the Drink Charms. You could have a couple bottles of wine and demo the Wine Bottle Opener (love it! People always ooh and ahh over it). Then of course there is the Dripless Pourer/Stopper. As far as food... I agree with the cheese and the Cheese Slicer. But I think too, you could serve the new dipping oil seasonings in the bamboo snack bowls or the SA Petite Squares and demo slicing the bread with the Color coated or Forged Bread Knife... mix n match the bamboo with the SA. Then maybe have the host make some other munchie appetizer type elegant type food. Maybe the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups (or you could demo, they are super easy and yummy)... or maybe Elegant Artichoke Cups or Quiche Loraine Tartlets... I have never made either of those, so not sure but look good... I think you could have a lot of fun with it.

aalbert said:
The Brie would go nice with wine. Also the mediterranean cheese spread would be nice. Light and creamy cheese goes best with a white wine Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or sparkling wine (champagne) and more full flavored cheese (cheddar, Pecorino Romano, Asiago, etc...) and blue cheese go best with darker wines like Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah etc...

The lighter the wine, usually the sweeter it is.

You could also do some sort of fondue and have breads, and veggies to dip in the fondue. A fruit like grapes goes well with wine and cheese.

You really could do a fruit display, using the core & more to make melon balls, or stem strawberries....use the v-shaped cutter to create a bowl of sorts out of a cantalope to put the fruit in.

Oh yeah, you could totally show off a lot of products with a fruit tray... you could demo the new Pineapple Corer too! And the fondue idea is great and the Brie ideas... how fun! I want to do one! You could even demo some cool garnishing ideas to show how our tools can do so many fun things.

Paula, those are GREAT ideas! All sound like a great show to me! I would love to hear how it turns out! This has sparked an idea for me to do a "wine and cheese" show too!

aalbert said:
Paula, those are GREAT ideas! All sound like a great show to me! I would love to hear how it turns out! This has sparked an idea for me to do a "wine and cheese" show too!

I know, this almost inspires me to get out there and book another show! Yay!!! And I know just the person that would like to do it!

can you post the recipe for the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups? I can't find it.

stefani2 said:
can you post the recipe for the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups? I can't find it.

Here ya go! When I make them, I cook the chicken in the DCB and season it with the Southwest Seasoning, gives it a little bit of an extra kick... it was an accident the first time and then when I tried it without the next time I didn't like them as well... but I like spice...

The Pampered Chef ®
Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups
Recipe

1 cup (4 oz) grated cheddar cheese
1 pkg (7.5-8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub, divided
1 small red bell pepper
1-2 green onions with tops (about 1/3 cup thinly sliced)
1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
Additional sour cream (optional)
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grate cheese using Rotary Grater. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cheese, muffin mix, 3/4 cup of the sour cream, flour and 1 tbsp of the rub; mix to form a thick batter using Mix ‘N Scraper®.

2. Spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among wells using Small Scoop. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.

3. Meanwhile, on Large Grooved Cutting Board, finely dice bell pepper and thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Place bell pepper into (8-in.) Sauté Pan; cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until pepper begins to soften. Add chicken and remaining 1 tbsp rub to pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Combine chicken mixture, green onions and remaining 1/4 cup sour cream in Small Batter Bowl; mix well.

4. Remove muffins from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately press tops of muffins with Mini-Tart Shaper to form cups. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove cups to serving platter. Divide chicken mixture evenly among cups. Top with additional sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 100, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: To make homemade corn muffin cups, substitute 1 cup yellow cornmeal and 1 tbsp sugar for the corn muffin mix. Mix batter and divide into wells as directed. Make indentations in batter with Mini-Tart Shaper to form cups prior to baking, dipping tart shaper into additional cornmeal as needed to avoid sticking. Bake and fill as directed.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Wow what a great idea, I'm totally adding this to my theme show options. I think you could offer it 2 ways too. You could offer it as a non demo show and just have some ready made cheese etc and fruit but still show products. Maybe just demo things like wedgers and cheese knife. Or do a demo with it with some of other stuff. I'd probably ask host to supply wine though(pricey) I might just have to send an email about my new them show option and try to get some more shows that way!!:) Maybe offer first 2 to book for me to bring 1 bottle of wine!! Although I should probably get the wine opener, glasses and pourer before I commit to this type!! Maybe I'll offer the show and order them if I get enough or just borrow from my director or someone else. I'll have to brainstorm this one. I would definitely at least bring a brie if not demo one for this. Oh i don't have cheese knife either! Wow that's crazy since a wine and cheese show would be something i would book!! LOL:D

kcmckay said:
Wow what a great idea, I'm totally adding this to my theme show options. I think you could offer it 2 ways too. You could offer it as a non demo show and just have some ready made cheese etc and fruit but still show products. Maybe just demo things like wedgers and cheese knife. Or do a demo with it with some of other stuff. I'd probably ask host to supply wine though(pricey) I might just have to send an email about my new them show option and try to get some more shows that way!!:) Maybe offer first 2 to book for me to bring 1 bottle of wine!! Although I should probably get the wine opener, glasses and pourer before I commit to this type!! Maybe I'll offer the show and order them if I get enough or just borrow from my director or someone else. I'll have to brainstorm this one. I would definitely at least bring a brie if not demo one for this. Oh i don't have cheese knife either! Wow that's crazy since a wine and cheese show would be something i would book!! LOL:D

If you like Wine I would totally say you should get the opener and the glasses and the pourer! I love them!!!! I am not loving the pourer quite as much as I used to because the last time I used it my wine leaked in the fridge when layed on it's side and that's always my big selling point to people, so if it's not true I don't want to tell people that, but other than that, love it all! I think the glasses are just beautiful... I have quite a few different wine glasses and these have become my new favorite! I'd like a second set... that's a good idea to have a wine & cheese show to get it! Might have to do that! And the cheese knife would be a good demo tool for a wine and cheese! ;)

Here's my $.02. Leave a round of brie out to room temp. Place on a stone cover with new Spicy Pineapple-Rum sauce and heat in 425 oven until you get some carmelization going with the sauce. Take out and serve with crackers.Jeff

ChefPaulaB said:
If you like Wine I would totally say you should get the opener and the glasses and the pourer! I love them!!!! I am not loving the pourer quite as much as I used to because the last time I used it my wine leaked in the fridge when layed on it's side and that's always my big selling point to people, so if it's not true I don't want to tell people that, but other than that, love it all! I think the glasses are just beautiful... I have quite a few different wine glasses and these have become my new favorite! I'd like a second set... that's a good idea to have a wine & cheese show to get it! Might have to do that! And the cheese knife would be a good demo tool for a wine and cheese! ;)
I would return this one. I just had a customer complain of the same thing, and they exchanged, no questions asked. That's why I bought it too! I have two (though, one has vanished) and want more! I had a customer ask if it will work as an oil pourer because she makes her own flavored oils and vinegars to give as gifts. I tried it out today on an oil bottle, and it worked wonderfully.

On the wine show note, I love the cheese ideas! And the fruit. I have done the Greek Cheese Torta at wine shows. I have one coming up next month that I plan to make the grilled chicken al fresco to go with the wine. I think it will pair nicely! Oh, and I also love the bread dipping idea -- will probably steal that one too!

Somewhere in the files there is a nice invite I have used (didn't create of course though).

janezapchef said:
I would return this one. I just had a customer complain of the same thing, and they exchanged, no questions asked. That's why I bought it too! I have two (though, one has vanished) and want more! I had a customer ask if it will work as an oil pourer because she makes her own flavored oils and vinegars to give as gifts. I tried it out today on an oil bottle, and it worked wonderfully.On the wine show note, I love the cheese ideas! And the fruit. I have done the Greek Cheese Torta at wine shows. I have one coming up next month that I plan to make the grilled chicken al fresco to go with the wine. I think it will pair nicely! Oh, and I also love the bread dipping idea -- will probably steal that one too!Somewhere in the files there is a nice invite I have used (didn't create of course though).
Thanks... I didn't even think about returning it, just assumed that they just didn't work that well! I am getting ready to do an adjustment on my can opener too (have to go around the can about 4 times to get it to work) so I'll do them at the same time. Thank you again!

Well, my Show was great! Tons of fun! Am thinking of offering it in the future as a Theme Show!

We did the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake as a demo. The host did Chocolate-dipped strawberries ahead of time and we showcased them on the Bamboo Platter. She also had bought some french bread and we tried the Oil Dipping Seasonings. It was an $800 Show - so not bad.

Congrats on the awesome show! I'm going to have to steal a few ideas from this thread! LOL I've been trying to get my step mom to book a show since I started last May and I think this theme will be the one that she'll go for! She and my dad are BIG wine drinkers, so hopefully this will hook her!

What is a Wine & Cheese Theme Show?

A Wine & Cheese Theme Show is a fun and interactive party where guests can learn about and taste different wines and cheeses. It is a great way to socialize with friends and family while also learning about new products from Pampered Chef.

Do I have to be a wine expert to host a Wine & Cheese Theme Show?

No, you do not have to be a wine expert to host a Wine & Cheese Theme Show. Our consultants will guide you and your guests through the wine and cheese pairings and provide information about each product.

What types of products will be featured at a Wine & Cheese Theme Show?

At a Wine & Cheese Theme Show, our consultants will showcase a variety of products that can be used to prepare and serve wine and cheese. This can include wine glasses, cheese boards, cheese knives, and more.

Can I customize the menu for my Wine & Cheese Theme Show?

Yes, our consultants can work with you to create a personalized menu for your Wine & Cheese Theme Show based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.

Are there any discounts or special offers for hosting a Wine & Cheese Theme Show?

Yes, as a host of a Wine & Cheese Theme Show, you will receive discounts on select products and have the opportunity to earn free products based on the total sales from your party. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
2chefs
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • n8vtxn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies