• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some wine pairings for a Wine & Cheese themed show?

Ingredients: 1/2 pound brie cheese 1/2 cup apricot jam 1/4 cup slivered almonds 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 egg Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Spread brie cheese on a baking sheet. 3. In a small bowl, combine
ChefErika
I am having a Wine & Cheese show in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could make, what games to play, and anything else that would make this show great.

I do a show I call "Entertaining Ideas" that might be just what you're looking for. I tried to attach it to this post but for some reason it wouldn't let me but I have posted it before. Look for it under PC Files.

I don't do games but I do talk about how easily and quickly THEY can do the recipes and how impressed their friends will be when they see the impressive spread with our Simple Additions pieces and recipes.

Thank you so much for your help Beth I really appreciate it.

I've done the "Easy Entertaining" theme before too and it's easy and it's good timing before the holidays. Last year, I did a few and I made the "Savory Cheese Truffle" recipe that came with the Stainless Serving Picks. I'll try to attach it or cut and paste it. It's easy because you don't use the oven and it goes well with a "wine and cheese" theme. It doesn't show a TON of products, but it would be a good 2nd recipe.

Savory Cheese Truffles
Ingredients:
1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 package (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds, pecans or snipped fresh parsley
Assorted crackers (optional)

Directions:
1. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese spread, garlic and pepper sauce, if desired; mix well. Add cheddar cheese to cream cheese mixture (mixture will be stiff).

2. Using Small Scoop, drop level scoops of cheese mixture onto cutting board. Coat cheese balls in almonds, pecans or parsely. Serve using Stainless Serving Picks with assorted crackers, if desired.

Thank you for the receipe Becky. I now have another lady who wants to book a Wine & Cheese themed show too and both shows will have pretty much the same people at them. Thank you for your help.

Baked BrieI may also be having a Wine and Cheese party in October. I found a recipe for Baked Brie. It's not a PC recipe (I got it off the Food Network), but maybe something you can have prepared before hand. Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you!

Baked Brie

1 (7 to 8-inch) wheel brie cheese
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 sheets (12 by 18-inch) puff pastry
2 eggs, beaten

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a warmed sharp knife, or unflavored dental floss, cut the wheel of brie in half horizontally and separate the top half of the wheel from the bottom half. Sprinkle the bottom half of the brie with the dried cherries, toasted almonds, and brown sugar. Replace the top half of the brie and apply pressure to secure the stuffing. Working on a well-floured surface, roll out the puff pastry so that it will fully cover the brie. Place the brie in the middle of the puff pastry and fold the excess pastry around the wheel. Put the wheel aside. Roll out another piece of puff pastry and cut out a circle the same circumference as the top of the brie. Save the trimmings for decorations. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg on top of the brie in the puff pastry and place the circle on top. Brush the top of the circle with egg. Cut out decorations using cookie cutters or a small knife on top of the brie. Brush the entire top side of the brie with the egg and place the brie on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the pastry begins to turn golden brown, then turn the temperature down to 325 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve on a pretty platter.

Cook's Note: The brie can be made, wrapped securely and stored in the freezer up to a month ahead of time.

Apricot Almond Baked BrieI just made this yesterday at my Pampered Bride show. It was from an older Celebrations show and it's awesome! I'm thinking of making it for my daughter's first birthday on Saturday. It would be perfect for a wine and cheese show! :)

okay, I love the idea of the wine and cheese party...at least the cheese part. However, since I became a Christian 7 years ago I no longer drink. When dining out with friends/coworkers I do not have a problem if they order a drink with their dinner. I just order my coffee or Dr. Pepper and go on. But, I do not want to promote drinking, so I do not offer margarita shows or wine and cheese shows. I have thought about doing non-alcoholic margarita shows, but haven't figured out how to do a cheese show without the wine. I do not want to offend anyone. This is a personal preference. I realize not all Christians have this same preference. I am not saying and would not ever try to tell someone it is a sin to drink. I feel this is between each person individually and God. So, please don't be offended by this post.

Do any of you have any ideas on doing a cheese show in some other form? I love cheese and it is great for parties. I think this concept is wonderful, but want to keep all of my shows non-alcoholic. Thank you for your help.

Shawnna

Hi Shawnna - Maybe try a hoiday entertaining show and demo one of the cheese recipes and remind guests that the cheese recipe you made is perfect with wine. This way your aren't really promoting it by having it at your shows but keeping the guests who might enjoy it in mind as well.

My mother and her family are full blown Italians and LOVE wine. I learned how to cook with it and what to eat with certain wines before I could even legally drink it! As a matter of fact it's my mom who wants the wine and cheese show I mentioned above. Anyhow, with that said, you may meet some people really looking for recipes that go well with wine or other tyoes of beverages for their holiday entertaining schedules! Offer a quick and easy entertaining recipe show. Have a few recipes typed up for them that can take home and try out themselves...they may even realize that they do need that "mini baker" for that dip they enjoyed at your show. ;)

Anyway, those are just some ideas off the top of my head. I hope it helped some.

I have had hosts very interested in the Easy Entertaining Show but NOT the wine part. I just tell them it's only a suggestion if they want to use it and other beverages work just as well. That's why I do not call it "Wine & Cheese Show".

The recipes I do are: breadsticks, oil dipping, dip & crackers, cheese cubes and cheese truffles. I make the breadsticks as soon as I arrive or the host does it before I come. I cut most of the cheese squares, mix the dip and truffle mixture before guest arrival too and just have a few to roll in the nuts in front of them. I just pour the oil into the seasonings for the oil dipping, do a finish up demo of the cheese recipe and cheese squares and talk about what I did before they came and the serving dishes. The host is usually telling them all how fast it all went together and how it was NO work. The spread tells the guests that even the non-cooks among them could do this!

If the host also wants a dessert (which I discourage mostly to keep her costs down) I will suggest she do a fruit salad and we'd serve it in the SA large bowl in the square basket with the SS fork & spoon and I would cut some of the top pieces of fruit with the creative cutters. Another dessert I would suggest would be the Microwave cake (14 minute cake or 3,2,1 cake - has several names...) or the Tiramisu Brownie Cake from the All The Best cookbook. The brownie would be made ahead in the Rectangular baker and brought to the show with the baker lid in the new tote and finished at the end of the show using the EAD and other tools.

The products I feature in the show (besides any I would use for the dessert) are: the large round stone and rack; oil dipping set; SA small bowls and rack (for the breadsticks); woven round tray (put the oil carafe and bowls and the SA small bowls & rack on it); SA 3 tiered rack with med square - cheese truffles, med bowl - crackers, med square and small bowl - grapes in bowl and hanging over edge and cheese cubes on square (remember to add the SS cheese picks and cut the cheese squares with the SS cheese knife); the dip goes in one of the colored (or striped) small bowl and placed on the striped bowl that is either in the hospitality rack or woven rectangular tray; ice bucket; serving tongs (for the ice); wine bottle opener (if serving wine); quick stir pitcher for "punch" or lemonade (for those who don't want wine - even if wine is served ;) ); you would also be showing the batter bowl or one of the SS mixing bowls, the cheese grater (to grate the nuts), and the mix 'n scraper when you make the cheese truffles plus other tools. Table linens to dress the table add a nice touch.

As you can see, this show does show a ton of tools but has little demo time involved. If you can't get the prep done before guests arrive just put them to work in stations!

This time I was able to attach the demo flyer. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• EntertainingDipping-2005.doc
    57.5 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:
thanks for the ideas.

Erica, how wonderful to know how to cook with wines. I would love to know how to do it right. Of course I won't go to the liquer store to buy it, but I do purchase cooking wines...which I know are not exactly the same thing. I love to eat out where foods are cooked with wine. The alcohol is all cooked out, and it tastes wonderful!! And, how lucky you are to get to eat that real italian food. I love, love, love italian food!! Growing up I thought the only italian food was spaghetti. LOL I was so amazed when I ate at my first real italian restarant. The aroma of these places are wonderful. I would love to be able to copy that in my own home. If you have any tips I would love to have them. My family loves to eat italian, unfortunately the only thing I know how to cook well is spaghetti.

Shawnna

Thanks BethThanks for the step by step directions, Beth. I have a host interested in an entertaining theme, and I'm definitely going to suggest this one. I appreciate all the work you put into your post!

Diane

tapas?I haven't started offering theme shows yet, I like to try to stick to the same recipes for the month to help the shows go smoother, but I do intend to start offering theme shows little by little (thanks to the info on here!). But I have a lady that wants a wine and cheese show - I was thinking the tempting tapas??? What do you guys think? I would like a desert also - I'll consider one of the ideas mentioned before on this thread. Just thought the tapas would be a good choice...... let me know what you think.

The tapas shows are lots of fun. I did a lot of those over the summer. Serving sangria with it works really nicely. If you do a recipe search on CC, the use and care directions for the wine bottle opener has a recipe for nonalcoholic sangria. It's not bad! I've had hosts serve it with and without alcohol. :)

Sort of long -
Shawnna said:
thanks for the ideas.

Erica, how wonderful to know how to cook with wines. I would love to know how to do it right. Of course I won't go to the liquer store to buy it, but I do purchase cooking wines...which I know are not exactly the same thing. I love to eat out where foods are cooked with wine. The alcohol is all cooked out, and it tastes wonderful!! And, how lucky you are to get to eat that real italian food. I love, love, love italian food!! Growing up I thought the only italian food was spaghetti. LOL I was so amazed when I ate at my first real italian restarant. The aroma of these places are wonderful. I would love to be able to copy that in my own home. If you have any tips I would love to have them. My family loves to eat italian, unfortunately the only thing I know how to cook well is spaghetti.

Shawnna

Italian food is amazning isn't it!! I have to say the one thing that really got me interested as a little girl in the kitchen was watching my mom and grandmother enjoying themselves in the kitchen...they had so much fun cooking for everyone with lasting results - great food, great leftovers and full tummys! There is so much love put into preparing meals for their families.

I've watched them use wine to chicken, veggies and even their sauces. They make sauce from scratch and instead of using water, my mom uses a good merlot. My mom would literally wake up in the middle of the night to start her sauce and let it slow cook all day until dinner. I used to wake up thinking it was time for dinner :confused: !! I've only made sauce from scratch once before my husband and I had a baby, I don't have time to do that anymore!

If you like to cook whole chicken, the night before or morning of the dinner, pour some white wine in the cavity and let it soak...like a marinade, then add your rub and cook as you usually would. The chicken comes out so juicy! Veggies are easy too...if you saute them, towards the very end splash some white wine on them and turn the burner on high. While the wine is evaporating, the veggies will soak up the flavor. YUM!!!

Another thing I've learned growing up with Italians is you can pretty much use garlic in ANYTHING except dessert!! :p HAHA!! I use my garlic press alot!

Sorry this post is long, but I love sharing how much my mother and grandmother have inspired me since I was a little girl in the kitchen. People associate good times with food quite often, so my family and I share many great memories together. I hope some of these tips help. You might be able to find more on the internet as well. :D :D

Erica,
That sounds awesome! I like all your ideas. I'll have to try that....I love cooking chicken in white wine and I love the idea of soaking it first. Thanks for sharing!

I love the recipe ideas for wine & cheese show....any suggestions as to what wines pair well with the Apricot Almond Brie, Savory Cheese Truffles and Tapas? I'd like to be able to offer suggestions for the host, but am not very knowledgeable when it comes to wine.

thanks!

1. What are the essential tools needed for a wine and cheese theme show?

The essential tools for a wine and cheese theme show include a cheese grater, cheese knives, a cheese board, a wine opener, and wine glasses.

2. What types of cheese and wine pair well together?

Some classic pairings include cheddar with cabernet sauvignon, brie with chardonnay, and gouda with merlot. However, it ultimately depends on personal preference, so feel free to experiment with different combinations.

3. How can I display the cheese and wine in an aesthetically pleasing way?

You can use a wooden or marble serving platter for the cheese and arrange it in a visually appealing way. You can also use wine glasses of different sizes and heights to create a dynamic display for the wine.

4. Can I use wine and cheese from different regions for the theme show?

Yes, you can mix and match wines and cheeses from different regions to add variety to your theme show. Just make sure to do your research beforehand to ensure the flavors complement each other.

5. Are there any tips for hosting a successful wine and cheese theme show?

Some tips for hosting a successful theme show include having a variety of cheese and wine options, providing palate cleansers like crackers or fruit, and having a knowledgeable host to guide guests through the tasting experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefHLM
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • PCAnna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies