• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wine Bottle Opener - Any Problems??

In summary, the customer's previous generation wine bottle opener fell apart while she was using it, and she is considering returning it because of the possibility of it breaking again.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I just got an email from a customer:
"That wine bottle opener broke while we were opening a bottle. What can I do? I fear that this is a problem with this type of opener and will happen again."

I don't have this, but those of you that do - have you ever had any trouble with it? I know there is a 3-year guarantee, so I can't think that they would normally break easily. I don't know how she was using it to have it break either...
Any suggestions or cautions? I'd rather get some feedback first before replying to her when I haven't used it personally!

I have had one person who had a problem with it and he had a problem with the old style we had too. I believe he was pulling it to get the cork out. It needs to be twisted the oposite way. I have had it for years and we drink a fair amount of wine - no problems. No other customers have had problems either.

I've used it lots with no problem at all. I have a customer who's part of a wine club. She raves about it.

It is surprising the number of people that try to open the wine without using the foil cutter. My husband was one of those people. All 3 parts are replaceable.

My sister swears by this and the dripless pourer. I think it was that they tried to pull rather than twist it to get the cork out.

it has a foil cutter? I did not think it did?

ChefMary412 said:
it has a foil cutter? I did not think it did?

Yes, it's built in.

Mine fell apart at a show. Embarrassing. It was almost like it came un-glued.

I had one that came unglued also. It totally disintegrated!! However; this is the easiest wine bottle opener I've ever owned or tried to use. I LOVE it!! I use it all the time (at shows-I don't drink much wine). I sell them as a gift option and for traveling. It is worth replacing it!! When it is working you cannot beat it!

flemings99 said:
Mine fell apart at a show. Embarrassing. It was almost like it came un-glued.

Me too. GREAT time to have a product malfunction. :mad: It actually fell apart while in the bottle. A neighbor had to go home and get pliers so they could get the bottle open.

Needless to say, I didn't sell any of those that night (or since because I'm not willing to risk it again.) At home I use our previous generation wine bottle opener.

I just did an adjustment for 1 for a customer yesterday

Oh well... just got an email back from the customer: "The cork was a little tight, as some are, and it broke at the junction of the screw part with the plastic. I talked with my husband and we think we want a refund because we think that is going to be a weak point in an otherwise good product. Maybe we use it too often!!!"So since she really doesn't want to replace it I'll just give her the HO number and they can deal with the refund.

chefjeanine said:
Me too. GREAT time to have a product malfunction. :mad: It actually fell apart while in the bottle. A neighbor had to go home and get pliers so they could get the bottle open.

Needless to say, I didn't sell any of those that night (or since because I'm not willing to risk it again.) At home I use our previous generation wine bottle opener.

That's exactly what happened at my show!! Not only did it fall apart but then we couldn't get it out. :cry:

1. How do I use the wine bottle opener?

To use the wine bottle opener, first, insert the spiral worm into the cork at a slight angle. Then, twist the handle clockwise until the worm is fully inserted into the cork. Finally, pull up on the handle to remove the cork from the bottle.

2. Is the wine bottle opener easy to clean?

Yes, the wine bottle opener is very easy to clean. Simply wipe the spiral worm with a damp cloth after each use and allow it to air dry. Do not submerge the opener in water or put it in the dishwasher.

3. Can I use the wine bottle opener on all types of wine bottles?

Yes, the wine bottle opener is designed to work on most standard wine bottles. However, it may not work on bottles with unconventional shapes or sizes. In those cases, we recommend using a different type of opener.

4. What if the cork breaks while using the wine bottle opener?

In the rare event that the cork breaks while using the wine bottle opener, gently pull out the remaining pieces with a pair of pliers. Then, use a new cork to reseal the bottle.

5. Can I purchase replacement parts for the wine bottle opener?

Yes, we offer replacement spiral worms for the wine bottle opener. They can be purchased online or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U