• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Windows 7 Compatibility with P3: FAQs and Tips for a Smooth Transition

In summary, Technical says that it will take a few thousand people using Windows 7 before any compatibility issues with Vista are fixed. They also say that there may be some glitches when the transition happens, but that Microsoft is working hard to make it as smooth as possible.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
I emailed Technical to ask but I figured I would check to see if any of you have an answer while I am waiting LOL You know that whole instant gratification thing LOL

Anyway, I was chosen to host a House Party for Windows 7 which means I get the Ultimate version free. I was just wondering about how long will it take for PC to make P3 compatible with it. If it's not already LOL

I am thinking for now of just putting it on my desktop for the party and not on my laptop so that at least I have one computer I know my P3 will work LOL But curious mind wants to know how long did it take for it to become Vista compatible or was it about the same time they changed over from PP to P3 so it was an easier transition.

I always wait for the first several thousand people to find the glitches and let MS fix them before I upgrade. It'll be fun to see it, though! And you can always go back if you don't like it.

I spoke with the guys in tech support about this last week. I have Vista and H-A-T-E Vista!!

They have been given more information than they were with vista...and they are working on making sure the transition is smoother...but no promises until it's out.

My husband said 7 should be more like the old windows and more compatible with other programs.

Go. Have fun. If it doesn't work call HO from the party and get it fixed...or wait til you get home to call. Just take a calculator...

I am *patiently* waiting to buy a new computer - as soon as 7 is available loaded on new machines. I don't even want Vista to touch my computer...

What is actually interesting is that Dell had stopped selling PCs with Windows XP awhile ago...maybe beginning of 2008???) and now I notice "back due to popular demand" you can get a Dell PC loaded with Windows XP!

My daughter has Vista and likes it - so does my boss.

Our laptop came with Vista and we haven't had any problems.
We actually have more issues with XP on our desktop.
Go figure?

My main concern with Vista was my Laser Printer. Maybe once the toner runs out, I wouldn't feel so bad about replacing it - but not now. I was concerned that I would not be able to get a driver for it to work with Vista...I didn't do research...but also didn't want to spend the time researching.

Also, at work, my co-worker upgraded to Vista and had about 3 weeks of headaches getting everything working again - many various minor issues. We have the same exact computer, bought at the same exact time - the only difference is that he upgraded to Vista (I didn't have time to deal with it at work). Just last month we upgraded a certain program we both use - mine upgraded in minutes - he had to reboot, uninstall, re-install (I think a few times) - took him atleast an hour. I kind of stopped listening after the first hour. :)

Anyway, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Vista - many love it. I just haven't wanted to risk having to spend lots of time getting everything working. JMO

I haven't had problems with vista but like many million others I did not get it until just last year when I bought my laptop and it came loaded on it. But I am so excited to be hosting the Windows 7 party and want to "protect" my P3 program LOL Thank you for the info from technical. I heard from people who have been using the pre release that Windows 7 is the best Windows they have made since Windows 95.

I've enjoyed XP and think Vista is way to graphic (like Office 2007 is) but I hear all good things so far about Windows 7. Many computer companys are offering free upgrades to 7 if you buy it now with Vista installed.

I have a new recruit who has Windows 7 on her computer and she said P3 won't load on it..is there anyone that has been able to install pampered partner plus on their new computer?

I just bought an ACER Netbook with Windows 7 this week - it you go to Consultants Corner, you can load PC3 onto your computer from the web site. It took no time at all.

I have windows 7 on my new laptop and so far it is flawless. You have to download p3 from the website--it says so right on the website--and I have used it for over a month with no problems. It seems to be very clean.

The website version of P3 would be more current with Operating Software revisions and upgrades, vs the CD version in the kit.

I've used Windows 7 for a long time (my hubby's in IT and his company is a "Microsoft Partner" which means he got a certain number of trials to give out to clients to get feedback) and my P3 works alot smoother now. I never had too many problems with Vista, but it may be because my hubby was always right there to fix it. But P3 did sometimes have issues running smoothly and they seem a little better now that I have 7.

This is great to hear! I am buying myself a Christmas/New Business Gift of a laptop before the end of the month, so I can write it off ... I'm glad to hear Win 7 will run it with no problem. :)

1. What are the system requirements for running Windows 7?

The minimum system requirements for running Windows 7 are a 1GHz processor, 1GB of RAM for 32-bit systems or 2GB for 64-bit systems, and 16GB of available hard drive space. However, for optimal performance, it is recommended to have at least a 2GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, and 20GB of available hard drive space.

2. Can I upgrade from Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade from Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7. However, it is important to note that the process may not be seamless and there may be compatibility issues with certain programs. It is recommended to perform a clean install of Windows 7 for the best experience.

3. Is it possible to downgrade from Windows 7 to an older version?

Yes, it is possible to downgrade from Windows 7 to an older version, such as Windows XP or Vista. However, this process is not officially supported by Microsoft and may require purchasing a separate license for the older version.

4. How do I customize the appearance and settings of Windows 7?

To customize the appearance and settings of Windows 7, you can go to the Control Panel and navigate to the "Appearance and Personalization" section. From there, you can change the desktop background, theme, screen saver, and other settings to your liking.

5. Can I run older programs on Windows 7?

In most cases, yes, you can run older programs on Windows 7. However, there may be compatibility issues with certain programs that were designed for older versions of Windows. In these cases, you may need to use compatibility mode or find alternative versions of the program that are compatible with Windows 7.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AldeaY
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AldeaY
  • amy07