• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a Custom Window Decal - Where to Buy?

In summary, the conversation discusses options for getting a window decal with personal information and The Pampered Chef logo. Suggestions include ordering through Town and Country, making one using window sticker paper and printing it in reverse, or ordering through Merrill and adding personal information separately. Some have had success with using decals for business promotions, while others prefer to pay for professional results. It is mentioned that TPC is no longer using Town and Country as a vendor, but they may still be able to make personalized orders.
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Window Decal with my information on it, but I noticed that Merrill doesn't allow you to add your information and Nancy's Artwork doesn't have anything like this. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Thanks!

decalI got one through town and country....it doesn't have the logo...but says

The Pampered Chef
and then all of my info.
I got 2 for 19.95

it is the sticky kind. not the peel and stick kind

Try this. I made it myself. I print it on a window sticker that you can purchase (from Avery) and print it backwards (there is a setting on your printer properties for Mirror Image)...it is black printing, so I put a piece of white paper behind it. The Window Sticker will adhere to your window. Way cheaper than buying one, and I can put my phone # on it, too.

Attachments

• Window Sticker.doc
    197 KB · Views: 816
Thanks!Can you still order from Town and Country? I thought we were done with them.

jwpamp - Thanks! I'm all about cheap and saving money when I can.

Have you guys gotten any business this way?

...I put a piece of white paper behind it...
not to sound dumb but when did you put the paper behind it? To print or for on the window? Is this a cling or does it work like a sticker? It sounds like a great idea. Where did you purchase the paper? Have you gotten any calls from it?

It is a clingy type paper - Window Decal Paper. I put the white paper behind it after printing. I just taped it to the sheet. Wish I could print in White. I have black car with black interior, so the black printing just doesn't show up.

I haven't had any calls, but a woman from church have stopped me to ask about doing shows. My husband says that I probably just drive too fast for anyone to read the sticker!:rolleyes:

When I had mine done my hubby worked for Kinko's and they just added my stuff to a white vinyl order so I got it for free. I have a mini-van so I have vinyl letters on both rear side windows and a smaller one on the back window. To have them done it would cost in the neighborhood of $200 but...I bet if you were to go to Kinko's and speak with a manager and tell them what you want, tell them that you would like them to run your stuff with another customers, tell them that by putting your stuff with the other customers they will not have to throw away that expensive vinyl that would otherwise be thrown away and that giving you a great discount wouldn't be that difficult.

Just my .02

Please respond about the Town & Country!! I have an old sign from them, but we are moving in 3 months and would like to get it replaced with the new info. To get the logo I could order the decal from Merrill and add the T&C decal.

I don't mind spending the money on the decals to get it done right. I guess I'm a snob that way. I would rather pay for professionals.

As far as I know, TPC is no longer utilizing Town & Country as a vendor. I believe this means we can't get anything from them anymore since we don't even have an account anymore.

I can't say as I've actually tried though. :)

I ordered a set of the stickers through Merrill and they are very nice but they don't have the numbers so I am going to a local shop to get my phone number so I can put it under the sign. My mom used to sell Mary Kay and she did get business from having a sign on her car so I think it does help.

Abey

they are not a PC vendor but you can still make a personalized order from them. I did and they were very nice to me and did exactly what I wanted and needed them to.

I am going to order the Merrill decal the next time I place an order and have a local sign shop make up a second one with my name & number on it to place under the logo one on my window.

Chef Kearns said:
Please respond about the Town & Country!! I have an old sign from them, but we are moving in 3 months and would like to get it replaced with the new info. To get the logo I could order the decal from Merrill and add the T&C decal.

I don't mind spending the money on the decals to get it done right. I guess I'm a snob that way. I would rather pay for professionals.

Don't order separately! I ordered from merrill then the phone# and webaddress from Town and Country.

The Merrill decal is NOT clear so put it in a place that is not going to block your view. (I had it on the back of my window and I didn't feel safe) and it is very small.

On the same day I ordered my # and web address (that's all I needed) and got a great suprise. Town and Country added "The Pampered Chef" to my decal. IT is NOT the logo! Just the name and it has my # and web address. I did not ask Town and Country to print The Pampered Chef, but they gave it to me anyway. Needeless to say I tore off the other and put TC's decal on.

If someone from HO is seeing this you could tell Merrill to get on it and come up with a window decal with our info.

I would advise calling town and country for your replacement info that way the know what you need. Don't take off the Logo, just what needs to be replaced.

What's town and country's web site?

I ordered the window decal from merrill and went to the local shop to get my info done under it. I had them put my title, phone #, website and email. I was surprised when it came out bigger than the decal but that's okay you can definitely tell it's Pampered Chef because of the website. It is so large you can probably see it from a mile away LOL. I had them put in on the back window of my SUV. I have had 1 phone call so far, but I'm hoping to get more. Everyone says they just love it because they can really see it.

Charlie

By the way it only cost me 45.00 installed. Pretty cheap specially since it's so large.

Charlie

I just went to Staples and Walmart and I couldn't find the Avery paper anywhere. Did I miss it or did you buy it somewhere else?

Thanks for the information Rebecca!

When doing your own window cling, have you thought about printing it in a lighter color?? Like yellow or pink or do those colors not show up as well. I was thinking about making my own.

Regina

Oops, it is actually Hammermill Clear Window Decals and I think I got it at WalMart, although Staples should have some type of Clear Window Decals also. They come in a pack of 10 and it runs around $10.

I saw at Office Depot where you can buy a package of decal making sheets... $9.99 regular price, and we should be able to get a discount now!!
There are several sheets inside, maybe the whole cluster could split the cost??

Chef Kearns said:
Thanks for the information Rebecca!

Your welcome:)

Glad I can help!

I ordered adhesive magnets for my business cards that I print myself. I was also able to get 8 x 11 magnet sheets that will go into the printer that you can design however you like. (white on one side) I am still working on designing that. I ordered everything from www.magnetvalley.com. I know that I am going to have to spray a sealer on the large sheets that I will be putting on my car, and I wont keep them on there all the time because of sun and rain, but it is just an idea. Thought I share that.

Magnets are a great idea. I bet that if you laminate the large paper first then apply the magnet, it would last on your car for several months. I think I'll try it.

Actually the large paper is the magnet, sorry it was late last night.. It is just one large magnet.

I just got a window decal and used Webdecal.com
Celia was very help full and help me create one within my budget.
I wanted mine bigger so people can read it while driving.
Another consultant in my cluster used visionvinyl.com
She said the were very reasonable as well.

Hope this info helps!

gisellecabunag said:
I just got a window decal and used Webdecal.com
Celia was very help full and help me create one within my budget.
I wanted mine bigger so people can read it while driving.
Another consultant in my cluster used visionvinyl.com
She said the were very reasonable as well.

Hope this info helps!

I went to www.visionvinyl.com and found it was a cellphone skin site. Do you know the correct one?

I used a local franchised sign shop - can't remember the name something like Signs Now - I have my pampered chef website address plus my phone number under it (very large) across the back window of my Tahoe - they installed for $45. Above it I have the new Merrill logo sticker but it's pretty obvious who I work for! I have gotten some calls and even been shopping and had someone call me from the parking lot!

Just a thought...If you laminate your business cards before you put the magnets on, you could put a few on your car - then if you're parked somewhere, people could take your card if they're interested, they wouldn't have to stop, fumble for paper and pen and write down your number.

That is a great idea! I thought there is no way I am going to spend $50+ for the personalized ones through Merrill, so thanks for that suggestions! I bet I could even make my own with a photo magnet and print the ad generater ad with my info and a picture, laminate it then stick it to a magnet.... nice! Thanks!

I have a vinyl plotter (the same thing the sign places have) and made me own window signs. It has helped generate some business for me.

Maybe you should start a side business of making signs for fellow consultants Mandy!!

This is the site that found by googling and I use them. http://jerisigns.com/shopping/index.php

Click on Pampered Chef and then Vinyl Lettering. I was very impressed.

They make window decals for direct sales folks like us. They have a PC logo that I ordered and that I am very HAPPY with.

I didn't want one the size that was offered (I have a wiper on my rear window - so needed one for side windows) - so he made me 2 that go on each side of my rear/side windows.

They look very professional and were easy to install...they send you great picture instructions...

Tell Jeri --- Gina Riley referred you :D

My AD got her sign in the mall around town. She didn't spend much either.

PCGINA said:
This is the site that found by googling and I use them. http://jerisigns.com/shopping/index.php

They make window decals for direct sales folks like us. They have a PC logo that I ordered and that I am very HAPPY with.

I didn't want one the size that was offered (I have a wiper on my rear window - so needed one for side windows) - so he made me 2 that go on each side of my rear/side windows.

They look very professional and were easy to install...they send you great picture instructions...

Gina...will you post a picture of yours? I'm confused, is it just the letters or does it have the grey background?

PCGINA said:

Gina
Those are awesome but are they one of PC's vendors? Can they do that legally?

chefkristin said:
Gina
Those are awesome but are they one of PC's vendors? Can they do that legally?
If they aren't listed on CC, they aren't an official vendor and are not supposed to be using the logo. Unless they're making something for an Executive or above.

Gina - please post a picture of yours and what you said.

chefann said:
If they aren't listed on CC, they aren't an official vendor and are not supposed to be using the logo. Unless they're making something for an Executive or above.

I have had mine on my vehicle for about 6 months and have received 6 shows, $100.00 in orders and lots of possibles because of the info on my car. I always ask people how they found me - they somtimes say "Your phone # or website on your car."

I can't (shouldn't) post a picture of mine on my car because (as LOGO Police Officer Ann said :D (love ya Ann)) it is not from an approved vendor.

I actually found this out about a week ago when my SD told me I couldn't/shouldn't have it on my vehicle - even though she really liked it a lot...

And we ALL know that NOBODY violates the trademark restrictions on business cards, flyers, decals, letterhead, etc. --- RIGHT!!

I tried taking it off this week - but boy - it is stuck on good.

Maybe I will take the advise of others on this thread and order the expensive, little, so-so one without my personal info on it - one from Merrill...

You think as a Director I would have known better ...NOT!!!

Live and Learn....Live and Learn

Gina,
I don't think you should worry about it. My Executive Director had hers made at a local shop, too and she encouraged me a meer consultant to do the same. The company does not have a patrol car roaming the streets and knocking on consultants doors asking where they got their signs. My ED said the only thing she suggested that you don't put on it is "HIRING NOW".

I'm sure your sign looks great!

mandak said:
I have a vinyl plotter (the same thing the sign places have) and made me own window signs. It has helped generate some business for me.

Hey Mandy! I'll give you my business! I have the PC logo from Merrill...I just need my name, phone number, and website for the back and sides of my car.

My husband says that I probably just drive too fast for anyone to read the sticker!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:D Understand that one!!!! When the commercial came on that had "zoom, zoom, zoom" on it my dh said that"s moms commercial". The kids thought that was great. I even had one officer ask me one time (after stopping me to inform me I was driving too fast) :eek: Would you like a warning or a ticket :rolleyes: was an easy answer and the kids had a GREAT BIG LAUGH (after policeman left)when I replied "a warning would be nice!" I really don't intend to drive fast but it seems I'm always in a hurry trying to get too much done. It's a good thing I now have cruise control... that actually :D works!!

Last edited:
My director has the logo from Merrill, and had her website and phone# made at a local shop to put below. She is having good luck with it. Gina, I really dont think you need to worry.

PCGINA said:
I can't (shouldn't) post a picture of mine on my car because (as LOGO Police Officer Ann said :D (love ya Ann)) it is not from an approved vendor.

I actually found this out about a week ago when my SD told me I couldn't/shouldn't have it on my vehicle - even though she really liked it a lot...

And we ALL know that NOBODY violates the trademark restrictions on business cards, flyers, decals, letterhead, etc. --- RIGHT!!
Gina,

I didn't mean to start trouble. I just didn't want people to think that they don't have to follow ANY of the rules. We all have been in a situation when we did something that wasn't allowed, not because we were trying to get away with it, but because we were unclear on the actual policies. It sounds like that's what happened in your case. HO has the rules to protect the integrity of the logo, and keep people from putting it on things that look like garbage or are inappropriate (the TP from Spaceballs comes to mind ;)).

Not taken as TROUBLE at all!!! I truly thank you for pointing the rules out for all to see. :cool:

I ordered my window lettering from Uppercase Living (as I also dabble in that company :p boy, am I busy...). I do not have the PC logo, but do have my name, phone number, the words Independent Representative for the Pampered Chef, and /cookinginnorthbend without the www.........

I picked my own fonts, my own colors and all in all it cost me about $46.00.

PCGINA said:

They must have gotten in trouble with Home Office because there is absolutely nothing on their site about Pampered Chef now.
Bev

That's too bad. I was going to place an order this weekend!

I was contemplating it as well. There must be an inside informant here. <putting sunglasses and wig on> Valky

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoffour
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • imloopner
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • sarahsellcm