• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it safe to go through a car wash with a window decal on your car?

In summary, Kristina recommends placing a window decal on the back window of the vehicle, or on the side windows if she has enough business to justify the expense. She also recommends using a different website than Merrill because their prices are too expensive.
imloopner
Where do you recommend putting your window decal; one one the back window or two on your side windows?

Right now, I just have one on my back window that just says "The Pampered Chef" but plan on getting ones to go on by back windows on either side with my personal info on them. BTW, I drive an Expedition.

I have the logo decal on my back window, along with my PWS and cell phone number, which I ordered from a different website, because I didn't like how small (and expensive) the ones from Merrill are. I drive a Ford Escape (small SUV).

I made my own decal which is about twice the size of the Merrill one. It's on the back window of my CR-V. I also didn't like Merrill's price- it only cost me $2 for the vinyl to make it with my Cricut machine.

Window Decal-Where to put it
It's a good thing you are new or a few of the veterans would probably be picking on you for phrasing a question like that. ;)I have the personalized logo on my back window. I opted for the e-mail & web address so that they don't call me when I'm driving (started my business in Japan where it's illegal to be on the cell while driving).I recently bought the plain logo one & put it at the top of the front windshield on the passenger's side of the car. That way, when I'm in the bank drive-thru, the tellers can see it! ;)

Thanks for the advice.
I am not new. Sorry I phrased it inappropriately.

Just picking on you. It was funny. ;)

Sheila said:
It's a good thing you are new or a few of the veterans would probably be picking on you for phrasing a question like that. ;)

Believe me, my first instinct was a smart comment. :D

You didn't do ANYTHING inappropriate. There are a few of us that are a bit sarcastic. Just a bit. . . .

Welcome to ChefSuccess.

Thanks, guys...sorry, last night was a tough evening. Put my son back on the plane to go back to his dad's house for school. Hard letting them go, even when they are grown.

I have a Merrill logo sticker on the back of my minivan along with a business card holder that's attached to the back window so when I'm in the grocery store people can take my info without having to dig for a pen. I've even had someone send their passenger up at a red light to grab a card. (That was really funny!)

People call me while I'm driving and I just say that I have their number and will call them back when I get to my destination. I've gotten many sales and bookings because of it!

Here is the link to the outdoor card holder I was talking about. It's a great way to make it easier for people to get your info. =)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Outdoor-Business-Card-Holders-Water-Resistant-/170594565289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b83a7ca9

Kristina, I have one of those (white lids) on both vans in Japan! Haven't bought one here in TX yet, but need to! ;)

I am thinking about updating mine later. (When I have enough business to justify the cost/expense.) But my logos are on the SIDE windows. HOWEVER, I wish I had something on the back. With traffic around here, multiple lanes, I think more people would see the rear-window than my sides. Yes, they see the side, but if they are at a stop-light BEHIND me, they can jot down the info. :)I was behind Michael Reeves one day heading into town, and he has the logo on the back window, but then he had someone make his name, phone number, email, website, and a tagline (not the PC Tagline...something else about cooking dinner in under 20 minutes, etc). At a stoplight, I took a quick photo with my cell phone so I could reference it later. HAHA I haven't uploaded my photos though otherwise I'd post it. :)

lkbcovington said:
I made my own decal which is about twice the size of the Merrill one. It's on the back window of my CR-V. I also didn't like Merrill's price- it only cost me $2 for the vinyl to make it with my Cricut machine.

I LOVE my cricut! I just got it, it's the small one. Vinyl will be one of my next projects, but IDK if I trust myself making my own decal lol. I just got the "From my Kitchen" cartridge. I'm going to use it for my Reminder Binder

Did you create this in Design Studio by chance?? If you did, would you mind emailing me the .cut file? I would love to see how others have made their own window clings! I was thinking of doing this but have no clue what to put on there!! Thanks!!

[email protected]

lkbcovington said:

OK, I have the cricut, but have NO CLUE how to make my own window clings. I'm a cricut newbie so any help would be MUCH appreciated!! Thanks for any info. my personal email is: [email protected]
Thanks,

Lisa

I'd love to see the design and pic of the one you had taken also. Please email to [email protected]

ChefZee said:
I LOVE my cricut! I just got it, it's the small one. Vinyl will be one of my next projects, but IDK if I trust myself making my own decal lol. I just got the "From my Kitchen" cartridge. I'm going to use it for my Reminder Binder

My daughter has a cricuit and I would love to see if she could make this decal for me. Could you please email me the cut.file as well?
[email protected]

Thanks for your help.
Jerri

Do you ever worry about creepers finding out who you are from your decal? A friend of mine had someone follow her home a couple years ago and it still creeps me out. Fortunately she figured out what was going on and didn't go home.

EmilyStraw said:
Do you ever worry about creepers finding out who you are from your decal? A friend of mine had someone follow her home a couple years ago and it still creeps me out. Fortunately she figured out what was going on and didn't go home.

Never had anyone follow me that didn't call me on the phone first. But since we are ordering the following sign for the front of our house, I'm not all that concerned...lol. Welcome to Texas y'all!

Attachments

• nothing inside.jpg
    nothing inside.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 674
EmilyStraw said:

Someone can follow you home with or without the decal on the car. i do not put my phone number on mine though, nor is it on my website. They have to email me or use the Contact Me page on my website. (I took off the phone on my website because of business scam calls trying to get me to sell other product....not because of stalkers. :) ).

I do wish I had a decal on the BACK of my window, not just the sides.

kristina16marie said:
Never had anyone follow me that didn't call me on the phone first. But since we are ordering the following sign for the front of our house, I'm not all that concerned...lol. Welcome to Texas y'all!

HA HA HA HA HA love it :)

EmilyStraw said:

I'd probably worry more about bill collectors calling me. LOL:cool:

I was wondering if someone has the .cut file for a cricut. I have one and would love to make a sticker for my car without having to pay too much for it. I havent cut out vinyl but I know its supposed to be easy. Any advice? Thanks! : )T

kristina16marie said:

Love it! I need one for sure! Yesterday, some weirdo came to my door trying to sell me steaks out of the back of his truck. We live in a rural area on a dead end street so it's one of those places you kind of have to be looking for to find. Thankfully I was on the phone with another cheffer while both of my toddlers were asleep. I'm pretty sure she thought I was insane when I set my alarm & told her I was grabbing my pistol to keep by me because it really creeped me out. However, I don't think she thought I was as insane as my husband did when I asked for a pistol for my first Mother's Day.

What can I say, my inner Mama Bear reallllllyyyyyy kicked in! Besides, what else would the backwoods, Mississippi redneck girl in me ask for?

With all the attention mine gets, back window, I am thinking about stepping it up a notch. Make my own and put it on my butt! No kidding! You have seen the shorts and track pants with writing on the rear ends? Everyone does see those for some reason! So I was thinking maybe I should do that. Plus it will be SUPER SIZED!! What do you think?

pampered1224 said:
With all the attention mine gets, back window, I am thinking about stepping it up a notch. Make my own and put it on my butt! No kidding! You have seen the shorts and track pants with writing on the rear ends? Everyone does see those for some reason! So I was thinking maybe I should do that. Plus it will be SUPER SIZED!! What do you think?

For me, they'd have to ask me to stand still and quit jiggling so they could read it! ;)

I would love the file as well. I was about to design my own but if someone has it I would be most appreciative

[email protected]

Thanks

I FINALLY put the decal on my car yesterday...not bad since I ordered it at NC last July, huh?I'm anxious to see if it does any good.

Has anyone had any issue with putting it on the back window and using a rear-window wiper blade?? I was wanting to put another one on my back window, but afraid using the wiper blade would mess it up. I don't use it often, but when I'm driving on the interstate (which 75% of my driving around here includes getting on one of the interstate arteries) and it's raining, I really like to have it on at least some.

I think Sheila has one.. I believe she posted a pic of it.

Two questions:

1) Are you able to go through a car wash with the card holder on your car?

2) LOL!!! Kristina.. where did you get that sign? I'd LOVE to get that for my husband for Father's day... he'll be ALL over that one!

mom4angela said:
Two questions:

2) LOL!!! Kristina.. where did you get that sign? I'd LOVE to get that for my husband for Father's day... he'll be ALL over that one!

You can see on the sign barely- but it says "readytodefend.com". that is funny though! I missed that. Just forwarded it to my parents who live in the boonies and work weird hours. My mom will be ordering 6 of them! ;)

mom4angela said:
Two questions:

Thanks Bobbi! The website is indeed Ready To Defend: STS-2S Nothing Inside is Worth Dying For Silhouette Yard Sign STS-2S - Nothing Inside Is Worth Dying For - Patented, Registered Trademarked Our most popular Home Security Yard Sign, Best Seller, Home Invasion Prevention, Home Security Yard Sign that

I have on occasion gone through the car wash with cards in the card holder. They get a little wet because the water is coming up from the bottom, but when it rains they don't get wet.

Is it safe to go through a car wash with a window decal on your car?

Yes, it is generally safe to go through a car wash with a window decal on your car. However, it is important to make sure that the decal is securely attached to the window and will not peel off during the wash. It is also recommended to choose a car wash that uses a soft cloth or brushless system to minimize the risk of any damage to the decal.

Where do you recommend putting your window decal; one on the back window or two on your side windows?

This decision ultimately depends on personal preference. Placing the decal on the back window will make it more visible to other drivers, but it may also obstruct your rearview visibility. Placing two decals on the side windows may be a good compromise as it allows for visibility on both sides of the car.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• n_coleman101
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
n_coleman101
  • minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • cookin to the top