• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Trim My Window Decal for My New Vehicle?

In summary, the person ordered a window decal, but it was too large for their rear or side window. They are considering trimming their name off the decal to make it smaller. They also think about getting a different decal because they don't want teenagers to prank them.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I ordered a window decal a year ago that turned out to be too large for my rear or side window. I finally bought a new vehicle and am now debating on whether or not to use it. I've never seen one with so much personal information on it.
It has the name PC on it w/o the logo. It has my name, 2 phone #'s and my email address on it. It takes up over half of my back window.
I'm thinking about trimming my name out of it to make it a little smaller. Also someone said that I won't be able to use my rear window wiper because it would peel off the decal.
Any advice?

Do you have a back side window that it would work? I bought the one from Merril and it fits in the rear back window of my van I don't have much other advice. Maybe instead of cutting out your name maybe cut out the email or one of the phone numbers you figure they would less likely call I only have my home phone number on mine

I looked at the one from Merrill and it's too large for my car also. Plus with all the info on it, I didn't want teenagers to decide to prank me because they saw my phone number on a ginormous window decal. I ordered a "Free" car magnet from Vista print (all I had to pay for was shipping). It doesn't have the PC logo on it which I was kinda bummed about not having. But we'll see how this works for me (if it ever gets here, I think they put it on the slow boat) :)

Krista

I have the one from Merrill on my car, and I really like it. I have not got any prank calls, and no "strangers" have contacted me yet. But just last night someone from church tracked my down to order, b/c she has seem me driving before and saw my car at church. I think it is a great reminder for people.

Just make sure you are always on your best behavior driving!! If you drive bad, everyone will know who you are!! LOL

I have only my website, the PC Logo and my phone number. My website has my name in it though...

I recently go the Merrill one and, like Christina, put it on both side rear windows of my van. So far I've gotten two orders and one show from people I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I have my name, website, email, and cell phone. I was kind of worried about the phone number being on there as well, but no one has pranked me yet....I have thought about getting another one for the back but didn't think about the rear wiper blade....I'll have to research that one.

My rear wiper works just fine with the decal on it!!

Thanks for that info cause I was thinking on getting one for the back of my van window too lol... I have gotten some orders and a show booked off it seeing my van driving around and I haven't gotten any prank calls either

I'll have to order a different one that's a little smaller.
I didn't think it would hurt the wiper. I was worried that the blade would peel off the sticker.

I used to use the door magnetic signs until I was at a drive-up ATM and some homeless guy started yelling my name. That freaked me out and I immediately took off the signs. I've ordered the window signs, but haven't gotten around to putting them on. The directions seem very complicated. Have any of you had problems putting them on your windows? Any tips?

It is really easy. You run the card (or a scraper!) along the side you will peel off, then peel the sticker. Do this part slowly so if a letter sticks you can rescrape it. Center it, stick it, the rub again with scraper. Peel off, slowly again, to make sure all letters are on the window. If one is not, rescrape and continue to peel. That's it. It took me all of about 3 minutes.

What are the best materials for a window decal?

The best materials for a window decal are typically vinyl or clear polyester. Both of these materials are durable and weather-resistant, making them suitable for long-term use on windows. Vinyl is also available in a variety of colors and finishes, while clear polyester gives a more transparent look.

How do I properly clean and maintain my window decal?

To clean your window decal, use a mild soap and water solution and a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals, as these can damage the decal. When not in use, store the decal in a cool and dry place to prevent it from fading or cracking.

Can I reuse my window decal?

Yes, you can reuse a window decal as long as it is in good condition and has not been damaged. To reuse the decal, carefully remove it from the window and store it on a flat surface. When ready to use again, simply moisten the back of the decal and apply it to a clean and smooth surface.

Are there any design limitations for window decals?

There are some design limitations for window decals, depending on the material and size. For example, if you are using vinyl, intricate designs or small text may not be as visible. It is best to consult with a designer or the decal manufacturer to ensure your design is suitable for the chosen material and size.

Do I need professional installation for my window decal?

While professional installation is recommended for large or complex window decals, smaller and simpler ones can be easily applied by following the instructions provided. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with applying the decal yourself, it is best to seek professional help to ensure a smooth and successful installation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ameliasurf
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ameliasurf
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • blestmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies