• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will We Need Room to Bring Stuff Home?

In summary, the consultant plans to bring a carry on and a small purse with them to the conference. The large purse they bought last year was too cumbersome to carry. They will be able to buy some supplies at the conference and may receive a tote and some smaller freebies. Last year, they only carried what they needed in their carry on and the luggage was sent home. They suggest having a suitcase with wheels if possible.
lesliec
I am flying to conference, and I'm a new consultant. I don't want to have to pay for my bags, so am trying to pack light and just do carry ons. I bought a big purse for both carrying stuff during the days, and to have extra room, but will be getting a lot of stuff that I will need to carry back?

Part of it depends on how much you plan to buy. You'll have the opportunity to purchase items from Merrill, and probably some basic supplies (new catalogs, minis, recipe cards etc). You will probably receive a tote and maybe some smaller freebies, but not enough to fill a whole suitcase.

Last year was the first time I went. I always carry a big purse and went out and got a small purse this year -just for conference. We got a tote - a large leather tote and between that and the large purse, I felt very cumbersome. I just took a carry on last year and did fine. You can arrange to have stuff sent home. I bought packs of mini's as well as recipe cards and a shirt from Merrill and I got it all in my carry-on to bring home. There was pre-order for calenders. This year I am checking my baggage as it is free with Southwest, and I am staying a day longer. If you pack right, a carryon will be fine with room to bring small items home.
Hope this helps.:)

My upline Exec said to make sure that we had room for gifts and things. She doesn't know WHAT but we are getting some things! Whooo Hoooo!!! :)

I guess If I can't carry it I could mail it. That will be cheaper than checking a suitcase both ways.

Even if PC doesn't have a shipping area like they did last year for the Surprise boxes, then I know that there is a FedEx Business Center in McCormick Place. I just checked their website- and it says:
FedEx Kinko's is located on level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse in the South Building. It is open Monday Through Friday, 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM. Satellite stores are also located on Level 2 in the North Building, Level 2 in the West Building and Level 2 in Lakeside Center. These are open based on event activity in the facility.
We were in the Lakeside Center last time. I do remember passing by the business center as we walked around....so that's an option obviously for shipping.

Thanks Bobbi.

The one year I flew to Denver for Leadership all I did was carry on. I stuffed as much as I could in my carry on and then used the reusable shopping bag as my second item (that was the first year they brought them out and it was a free gift). It worked perfect.

I had a suitcase and my tote we received. Since I was having a lot of difficulty last year with walking (I used a scooter at McCormick), I sent my suitcase home along with what I had purchased (which was only catalogs). Usually they don't allow you to ship your luggage but the Fed Ex lady felt so sorry for me with my cane and scooter and luggage that last day, she did it for me! :) Have a suitcase with wheels if possible! They sure get heavy!

What with all the new rules about carry-on luggage and shipping things, Jane's right. Do not count on being able to send home the luggage via FedEx but it is still way cheaper than having to check the bags with the airlines for all the other stuff. Not only that, they have all the right boxes and every way imaginable to ship it so you can decide how much to spend. That FedEx store is right by the entrance to Lakeside center where the buses drop us off and pick us up. So you will probably see it as you come in the first time.

Remember, too, that we will be celebrating PC's 30th birthday this year. Everything I've seen talks about "more than $100 in gifts, giveaways and prizes." It's possible that we'll have extra stuff this year.

Good point Rae- I bet we will get tons of good stuff...not that it all isnt good, but I think it wil be more than a Rub & Conversion Magnet - right?
That is one thing I hope they keep the same...that excitement of having the helpers come down the aisle with bags full! I am sooooooooooooooo excited. 2 weeks from today we will be there!!:sing:

1. Will I need to bring extra suitcases to bring home my purchases from Pampered Chef?

No, you will not need to bring extra suitcases. Our products are designed to be easily transported and many of our customers are able to fit their purchases in their existing luggage.

2. Are there any weight restrictions for bringing home Pampered Chef products?

There are no weight restrictions for bringing home our products. However, we recommend checking with your airline for their specific luggage weight limits.

3. Can I ship my Pampered Chef purchases home instead of bringing them on the plane?

Yes, we do offer shipping options for our customers who prefer not to bring their purchases on the plane. Additional shipping fees may apply.

4. Will I be able to purchase Pampered Chef products at the event and bring them home?

Yes, our products will be available for purchase at the event and you can bring them home with you. We also offer the option to place an order and have it shipped to your home.

5. Is there a limit on the number of products I can bring home from Pampered Chef?

No, there is no limit on the number of products you can bring home from Pampered Chef. However, please keep in mind any weight restrictions set by your airline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies