• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Amish Friendship Bread Turn Out OK With Chocolate Pudding Mix?

In summary, someone gave you a starter bag with a sheet and you follow the sheets to make the bread. Then they mash it for a few days and add a few ingredients, then mash again and let sit. The appointed day you bake it and also create bags to give it away to friends. It is great bread and people have used chocolate and cinnamon before.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I had an Amish Friendship starter...and it was due to make the bread today. I didn't have the vanilla pudding mix it called for, so I used chocolate. They are in the oven right now...is this gonna turn out ok?

It should. I ran across several recipes a while ago that had different variations of the bread.

Cool. That's what I figured...it's a pretty basic batter, so I would think you could add stuff (raisins, nuts, etc.) and change up the pudding flavor to vary it.

I topped one with caramel sprinkles and the other with cinnamon....I'll let you know how they turn out!

I got a starter once and DH looked at it with disgust every day. Until I baked the bread! It was the best thing he ever tasted. He asked me a while back to see if I could get another starter but then changed his mind. I should probably email my friend, it sounds good to me too.

I've used chocolate before...wadesgirl - do you need the starter recipe?

ok - ladies - Enlighten the LI girl - what is amish starter??

PamperedDor said:
ok - ladies - Enlighten the LI girl - what is amish starter??

Amish Friendship Bread

Someone gives you a bag (they hand them out to friends) with a sheet and you follow the sheets...

You mash for a few days, then add a few ingredients then mash again and let sit, then on the appointed day you bake it, and also create bags to pass on...

It is great bread...

I have to go clean my vehicle right now but when I come back in an hour or so, I'll dig up the recipe and post it.

Oy Vey - sounds like work to me!!! LOL -

Janet clean the car and let me know the recipe - not sure if I will do the whole giving to my friend thing but.....

(You guys will understand when you meet me - live on LI but should be in 90210!! LOL)

PamperedDor said:
Oy Vey - sounds like work to me!!! LOL -

Janet clean the car and let me know the recipe - not sure if I will do the whole giving to my friend thing but.....

(You guys will understand when you meet me - live on LI but should be in 90210!! LOL)

Too funny! Try being a city girl transformed to redneck county. Wait 'til you meet me - I've thrown fashion and much technology out the door to be practical and raise a family. I actually wear makeup at conference when everyday I usually don't!

Don't worry, you can do the bread without passing on, you can some for yourself or just waste a few ingredients.

OK, be back later...(...and it is a van so it might take me a little bit! It hasn't been cleaned all winter! :yuck: )

janetupnorth said:
Too funny! Try being a city girl transformed to redneck county. Wait 'til you meet me - I've thrown fashion and much technology out the door to be practical and raise a family. I actually wear makeup at conference when everyday I usually don't!
Don't worry, you can do the bread without passing on, you can some for yourself or just waste a few ingredients.

OK, be back later...(...and it is a van so it might take me a little bit! It hasn't been cleaned all winter! :yuck: )

LOL!!! And although I live out in Eastern LI - away from the "city" as we call lit - Lets just say - I have 3 fashion divas as daughters and OMG - I would like never leave the house with out makeup - LOL - I awake at 5:45 daily to make sure the kids are up and ready for school and that I LOOK nice to take them to the bus stop - LOL -

Nails are done every 10 days and never go a week without a pedi in the summer - LOL - Yes my husband is a saint!!! I am a really down to earth person - just very self conscious!! LOL:eek:

It is yummy bread!! I have used Chocolate before as well as put chocolate chips in it!

StacieB said:
It is yummy bread!! I have used Chocolate before as well as put chocolate chips in it!

I posted the recipe in "Recipe Tips".

OK...so it is baked and most of the first loaf is GONE!! Very yummy!

But- it has a greenish color to it. The top 1/2 inch of the loaf looks brownish-red like a chocolate muffin would, but the rest of the loaf looks like I added some dark green food coloring to it! (I used two small boxes of instant pudding mix...one Chocolate and one Chocolate Fudge) No one here seems to mind the color, but it's very odd!

Oh...and the one with the caramel sprinkles is better, IMHO.

I think next time I will try the vanilla pudding and see what color it turns out! LOL

PamperedDor said:
LOL!!! And although I live out in Eastern LI - away from the "city" as we call lit - Lets just say - I have 3 fashion divas as daughters and OMG - I would like never leave the house with out makeup - LOL - I awake at 5:45 daily to make sure the kids are up and ready for school and that I LOOK nice to take them to the bus stop - LOL -

Nails are done every 10 days and never go a week without a pedi in the summer - LOL - Yes my husband is a saint!!! I am a really down to earth person - just very self conscious!! LOL:eek:

I like you already - LOL

dannyzmom said:
I like you already - LOL

I was thinking when she posted that you two would definitely hit it off great! :thumbup:

1. Will using chocolate pudding mix affect the taste of my Amish Friendship Bread?

No, using chocolate pudding mix will not drastically change the taste of your Amish Friendship Bread. It will add a subtle chocolate flavor, but the overall taste will still be similar to the traditional recipe.

2. Can I substitute chocolate pudding mix for other flavors?

Yes, you can substitute chocolate pudding mix for other flavors such as vanilla or butterscotch. However, keep in mind that this may alter the taste of the bread slightly.

3. Will the chocolate pudding mix make my bread more moist?

Yes, the addition of chocolate pudding mix will make your Amish Friendship Bread more moist and dense. This can be a desirable quality for some, but if you prefer a lighter bread, you may want to use less pudding mix.

4. Do I need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature when using chocolate pudding mix?

No, you should not need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature when using chocolate pudding mix. Just follow the instructions for your specific Amish Friendship Bread recipe as usual.

5. Can I use sugar-free or instant chocolate pudding mix?

Yes, you can use sugar-free or instant chocolate pudding mix in your Amish Friendship Bread. Just keep in mind that the taste and texture may be slightly different than when using regular pudding mix.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gothim0802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies