• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Else Get Exhausted After a Show Like I Do?

In summary, many consultants in this conversation have expressed feeling exhausted after their shows. Some attribute it to the physical demands of setting up and presenting, while others believe it is more mentally draining from interacting with guests and constantly speaking. Some have found ways to cope, such as taking breaks or doing brunch shows, while others accept it as a normal part of the job. Overall, it seems that public speaking and hosting shows can be draining, but the rewards make it worth it.
KimmyDarling
I am absolutely exhausted after each show. I mean SPENT!

I'm fine the next day, but that night, I am plum worn out. My hat's off to anyone who can do two shows in one day, because I can't imagine where I'd find the energy.

Tell me-- am I the only one?

I normally feel really tired too. I think its more mental thought with all the talking I do at the show and answering questions and trying to remember what I need to say.

I'm usually pretty exhausted too. I come home to put my shows in (not anymore though with the laptop hubby got me as an early Christmas present!), but after that forget it!

I'm completely exhausted after every show. I'm really hoping that it gets better (like how they say that you feel less exhausted when you exercise regularly). :)

I am exhausted after shows too. My feet especially hurt, I think it is because I don't wear shoes in my house and I think it would be real tacky of me to remove my shoes in front of people if I am preparing them food. When I get home I just want to lay down and take a nap or go to bed.

I'm always tired, too, even after five years of doing this! Too much thinking!

Diane

I am just physically so tired and achy-- my back, my legs, my feet... I think I just need a Cabana Boy to do all the necessary fetching and toting for all of my future shows, really. lhttp://www.countingcows.de/wink.gif

ROFL Kimmy, I've been wishing for a Cabana Boy for years now just in general. Forget the fetching for the shows. I want him to fetch on a regular basis. It depends for me. I came home from one show that ended up being a $700+ show and I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo wound up I couldn't sleep. The others that I have done though I was so exhausted at the end. I have no idea why either. I did two recipes at the big show and only one at each of the others.... I don't really understand it at all.

I am always exhausted! But, that could have something to do with the fact that I work full time in addition to PC. I also have a 4 year old, very energetic son who doesn't stop until he drops.

I am always exhausted too! I guess from working all day, then taking care of my son that is so active into his sports or maybe that I just turned 40!! :eek:

I am 41, have a very active 2 yr old to chase around all day, and then do shows at night......alot of the time I'm tired before I get to the show, and then the adrenaline kicks in, and I'm high-octane all thru the show - and then ready to collapse when the show is over!
That is why I LOVE doing brunch shows on Saturdays! I wake up, have breakfast w/ my family, take a shower (w/o a 2 yr old "helping" in the bathroom)and pack my kit and leave for my show. They are my best shows - I know it's because I am rested and fresh when I start my show. And when I get home, I load everything into the dishwasher - it's time for my son's nap, and I get some quiet time and then spend the rest of the day/evening with my family! I am always saying to my husband "I wish all of my shows could be brunch shows!"

I am just the opposite - I am so "pumped" when I get home from my shows and I have a hard time going right to bed!! LOL

I'm glad to know it's not just me!

I have always had jobs where I needed to do alot of public speaking - and although I am totally comfortable with it (doesn't scare me or anything), I have always found it tiring - I had a boss once who told me that an hour of public speaking is comparable to 8 hours of ditch digging energy wise - it may not be as physical, but the mental & emotional energy are huge!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have always had jobs where I needed to do alot of public speaking - and although I am totally comfortable with it (doesn't scare me or anything), I have always found it tiring - I had a boss once who told me that an hour of public speaking is comparable to 8 hours of ditch digging energy wise - it may not be as physical, but the mental & emotional energy are huge!

That's been my experience (in and out of P-Chef) too. Although I'm drained (sore and achy), I'm not ready for bed when I get home. I need to do something mindless. . .so I flop down in front of the TV.

chefjeanine said:
That's been my experience (in and out of P-Chef) too. Although I'm drained (sore and achy), I'm not ready for bed when I get home. I need to do something mindless. . .so I flop down in front of the TV.

ME TOO!!! I am exhausted - but at the same time my mind is still racing - It takes some time for the adrenaline to wear off so that I can actually sleep! I watch TV or pleasure read for a while to stop the buzz!

1. Will using Pampered Chef products help me feel less tired?

While using Pampered Chef products can certainly make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient, they may not directly affect your energy levels. However, by using our products to make healthy and nutritious meals, you may experience improved overall well-being and energy levels over time.

2. What are some Pampered Chef products that can help with fatigue?

Some of our products that can help with fatigue include our Quick Cooker, which can quickly cook healthy meals, our Measure-All Cup, which makes measuring ingredients easier, and our Salad Chopper, which makes preparing fresh salads a breeze.

3. Are there any recipes specifically designed to combat fatigue?

While we do not have any recipes specifically designed for fatigue, we have a variety of healthy and nutritious recipes that can help improve overall well-being and potentially reduce fatigue. You can find these recipes on our website or in our cookbooks.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to meal prep and save time?

Yes, many of our products are designed to make meal prep and cooking more efficient, saving you time in the kitchen. For example, our Rockcrok Slow Cooker Stand can be used to prepare multiple meals at once, and our Food Chopper can quickly chop ingredients for easy meal prep.

5. Are there any tips for using Pampered Chef products to make cooking less tiring?

Some tips for using Pampered Chef products to make cooking less tiring include investing in products that make tasks easier, such as our Garlic Press or Veggie Strip Maker, and utilizing our recipes and meal plans to have a more organized and efficient cooking process. Additionally, taking breaks and delegating tasks to others can also help reduce fatigue while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
pampered Ruth
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef