• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Double the Cheese Chicken Tortilla Soup in a 12 Skillet?

In summary, when considering whether a double batch will fit in your Pampered Chef baking dish, it is important to check the dimensions of your dish and the recipe you are using. It is not recommended to use a smaller pan for a double batch as it can affect cooking time and result in unevenly cooked food. When adjusting the cooking time for a double batch, it is best to check the food regularly and use a thermometer. Our slow cookers and cookware are designed to fit standard double batches, but it is still important to check the recipe and the capacity of your appliance or cookware before doubling the recipe.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm wanting to double the Cheese Chicken Tortilla Soup (Chicken Power Cooking recipe). I'm using the 12 in skillet. Do you think I have room for the double amounts?

I'm not sure - I usually made this in one of the pots (not the skillet). Maybe you could make it in the big pot and it would fit.

It really depends on the size of your skillet and how much liquid the recipe calls for. If you have a larger skillet and the recipe doesn't require a lot of liquid, then you should be able to double the recipe without any issues. However, if your skillet is on the smaller side or the recipe calls for a lot of liquid, you may run into some overflow or spillage. I would suggest maybe starting with a 1.5x batch first and see how much room you have left in the skillet before attempting a full double. Hope that helps!

1. Will a double batch fit in my Pampered Chef baking dish?

It depends on the size of your baking dish and the recipe you are using. Most of our baking dishes are designed to accommodate a standard double batch, but it is always best to check the recipe and the dimensions of your dish before doubling the recipe.

2. Can I use a smaller pan for a double batch?

We do not recommend using a smaller pan for a double batch, as it can affect the cooking time and result in unevenly cooked food. It is best to use a pan that is the appropriate size for the amount of food you are cooking.

3. How do I adjust the cooking time for a double batch?

When doubling a recipe, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly. We recommend checking the food regularly and using a thermometer to ensure it is cooked to the appropriate temperature. You can also refer to our recipe book for suggested cooking times for double batches.

4. Will a double batch fit in my slow cooker?

Our slow cookers are designed to fit a standard double batch, but it is always best to check the recipe and the capacity of your slow cooker before doubling the recipe. If the batch is too large, it may not cook evenly.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef cookware for a double batch?

Our cookware is specifically designed to accommodate a standard double batch, so you should have no problem using it for this purpose. However, it is always best to check the recipe and the dimensions of your cookware before doubling the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • accooks13