• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wild Game Rubs: Finding the Best for Your Catch

In summary, wild game rubs are versatile and can be used on various types of meats, including venison, elk, moose, wild boar, and game birds. They typically contain a mix of herbs, spices, and seasonings, such as garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne pepper, and dried herbs. To apply, simply coat the meat with the rub and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking. You can also make your own rub to customize the flavors. Marinating is not necessary, but can be done for added flavor.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
My cousin was wondering if anyone knows of any of our rubs that are good on wild game..specifically deer meat. But I know that her husband hunts pretty much anything that you are allowed to hunt.

I use the crushed peppercorn and garlic on mine as well have tried the chipotle. I ground up elk for burgers, stuffed them with blue cheese and put the blackberry balsamic sauce on and it was amazing!!

The buffalo rub is VERY good on ground venison.

Okay...don't have any tips, but when I read the title, I thought the thread was about a game called "Rub for Wild"...was trying to figure out what it was! lol

Same here....must be getting tired! LOL

What types of wild game are best suited for rubs?

Wild game rubs can be used on a variety of meats, including venison, elk, moose, wild boar, and even game birds like duck and pheasant. Ultimately, the best type of wild game for rubs is a matter of personal preference.

What ingredients are typically used in wild game rubs?

Wild game rubs often contain a combination of herbs, spices, and seasonings, such as garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne pepper, and dried herbs like thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Some may also include sugar or brown sugar for a touch of sweetness.

How do I apply a wild game rub?

To apply a wild game rub, simply sprinkle or pat the rub onto the meat, making sure to coat all sides evenly. For best results, let the meat sit with the rub on for at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate.

Can I make my own wild game rub?

Absolutely! Making your own wild game rub allows you to customize the flavors to your liking. Experiment with different herbs, spices, and seasonings until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.

Do I need to marinate the meat before using a wild game rub?

No, marinating is not necessary when using a wild game rub. However, if you want to add even more flavor, you can marinate the meat in a marinade of your choice before applying the rub.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • Miss Cori
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Miss Cori
  • alidafrizzell