• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do the different media types and formats on Wii listings mean?

In summary, the Wii console is known for its motion-sensing technology and also has a built-in Wii Shop Channel, the ability to play GameCube games, and online capabilities. It is compatible with all Wii controllers, has 512 MB of internal flash memory, and has parental control features. However, online services for the Wii have been discontinued.
PCJen
I found a Wii for sale on ebay but don't understand what this all means:
Media Type: Nintendo GAMECUBE disc, Nintendo Wii disc
Format: NTSC (N. America)
MPN: RVLSWFSP
Can anyone explain please?

I'm not sure about the others, but I believe media type means that it plays Wii and Gamecube games.

I thought it was other game options. Thanks.

I'm most concerned with these though

Format: NTSC (N. America)
MPN: RVLSWFSP
I have seen others that say MPN: RVLSWC, so what is the difference?

NTSC is the TV format used in North America. In Europe it's PAL. It just means that the Wii you're looking at will work with your US TV.

As for the other jumble of letters, I googled them, but can't access some of the results here at work. It seems as the one in the listing you're looking at might come with Wii Sports, but I'm not sure.

Oh...you maybe right. Wii Sports is included with it. I wonder what the other one might be then?

I'm just a little bit worried bidding on a big item on Ebay and then finding out I can't use it. Just trying to keep cost down if possible.

Thanks

Nope that wasn't it, the other one with the MPN: RVLSWC has the sports with it too. Good try.

1. What are the main features of the Wii console?

The Wii console is known for its motion-sensing technology, allowing players to interact with games through physical movements. It also has a built-in Wii Shop Channel for downloading games and other content, as well as the ability to play GameCube games and connect to the internet for online gameplay.

2. Can I use my old Wii controllers on the new Wii console?

Yes, the Wii console is compatible with all Wii controllers, including the Wii Remote, Nunchuk, and Classic Controller. However, the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller are not compatible with the Wii console.

3. How much storage space does the Wii console have?

The Wii console has 512 MB of internal flash memory, which is used for storing game saves, downloaded content, and other data. However, this can be expanded with the use of an SD card or external USB storage device.

4. Are there any parental controls on the Wii console?

Yes, the Wii console has a parental control feature that allows parents to restrict access to certain games, online features, and content based on the ESRB rating. It also has the option to set time limits for gameplay.

5. Can I play online with friends on the Wii console?

Yes, the Wii console has online capabilities for multiplayer gameplay. However, online services for the Wii have been discontinued, so only local multiplayer is available for most games.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views