• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lose 25lbs with the Wii Fit: Advice Needed!

In summary, the WiiFit is a fun and easy way to get a workout, but it is not a replacement for a real workout.
chefsteph07
We got the kids a Wii for Christmas...so I was thinking about the Wii Fit for myself, easy Christmas suggestion, but I was wondering from any of you if you have it, what do you think about it, do you have any success stories, tips, etc? I want to lose about 25 lbs. Feedback please! :)

I haven't used mine consistently enough to vote on weight loss/fitness aspects yet,, but it is alot of fun! There are strength training exercises (traditional things- like push-ups, etc) and yoga poses....but there are also Aerobic and Balance exercises which are fun. And with most of the activities, you DO feel it.(Don't wait too close to Christmas though- I was going to get mine last year also (or hint to my DH to get me one), but NO one had one for many months before Christmas, and several months AFTER!)

The hot scene this year is the Wii Fit Plus. It's the old Wii Fit but comes bundled with new software that adds more personalized workouts and other additions. Bobbi, you can buy the new software alone for about 20 bucks.

If you are really looking to lose weight I would NOT recommend the wii fit. I have it and initially loved it, but there are much better "games" out there if you are looking for a real workout.
I would recommend AE sports active ( a second version is coming out in the next month or two) http://easportsactive.com/home.actionIf you like boxing at all Gold's Gym Cardio Workout is excellent. check you local ads, I was able to get Active on sale for $45 and I got Gold's Gym for $15, you can usually find them for at least $10 off of their retail prices.

I love my WiiFit, it keeps me honest, I check in every morning before I eat breakfast and do 15-20 minutes of exercises, I have lost 35 pounds in five months doing this, I've had it for almost a year but wasn't consistent until my birthday in June, when I made the decision, they are coming out with Biggest Loser training for Wii, plan on getting that also :) "The trick is to never give up with it" Just like our Pampered Chef business, no matter how hard, just keep on trucking.

I used my neice/nephews wii fit a couple of days but have not gotten my own yet. But what I did like about it is that when you start the game it gives you an update on your goal, weight etc.
Not too much help I'm sure but I really liked that it logged everything for me.

I have a severe thyroid problem and have to follow a rigid daily workout program or I balloon up quickly.

The WiiFit has MANY fun supplemental options. I very much enjoy it for a half hour each day with some yoga in the morning, and then some evenings I will do a half hour of step class. The great thing with the step class is you can continue to watch your favorite show.

However, it in no way at all REPLACES a real workout. If I at all let my treadmill workouts slide I loose control of my weight.

1. How does using the Wii Fit help with losing weight?

The Wii Fit offers a variety of exercises and activities that can help you burn calories and improve your overall fitness. These include strength training, aerobics, and balance games that target different muscle groups and can help you reach your weight loss goals.

2. Can I customize my workouts on the Wii Fit?

Yes, the Wii Fit allows you to create a personalized workout routine based on your fitness goals and preferences. You can choose which exercises and activities you want to include in your routine and set the duration and intensity of each one.

3. Is the Wii Fit suitable for all fitness levels?

Yes, the Wii Fit offers a range of exercises and activities that are suitable for beginners to advanced users. You can also adjust the difficulty level for each exercise to match your fitness level and gradually increase it as you progress.

4. How often should I use the Wii Fit to see results?

The frequency of using the Wii Fit will depend on your fitness goals and schedule. For weight loss, it is recommended to use the Wii Fit for at least 30 minutes, 3-5 times a week. Consistency is key, so try to incorporate the Wii Fit into your regular exercise routine.

5. Can the Wii Fit track my progress?

Yes, the Wii Fit has a built-in progress tracker that records your weight, BMI, and other fitness metrics. You can also set goals and track your progress over time. This can help you stay motivated and see how far you've come on your weight loss journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gingertannery
Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3