• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Wii Shopping List: Games & Accessories for 3-5 Year Olds

In summary, the kids are getting a Wii for christmas from my aunt and uncle. My question is what games and acessories are worth it?
buckeyefan08
The kids are getting a Wii for christmas from my aunt and uncle. (I told them it was to much but they already have it!) My question is what games and acessories are worth it?
I want the Wii Fit for myself;) but I need some game ideas. The girls are 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 years old. (I know they are spoiled!)

Actually their finding that some of the learning games sold for the Wii are not spoiling children at all. In fact it's increasing their ability to learn and grasp concepts better.

Carnival Games and Playground games are the ones my boys love the most ... they are 4 & 5!

My kids are 3 and 5 and they love to play Mario Pary 8. They have some trouble with some of the other games, but can play that one really well.

Thanks for the advice. I am glad that they chose a Wii instead of something else. At least with the Wii they get up and move, I hope it will help keep them occupied during the long Ohio winter that is coming.

Hopefully the Wii Sports comes with it. My 4 year old first played it at 3 when my brother and family came to visit with their system. DS was great at tennis and bowling right away.DD (7) and DS (almost 5) also like the Hannah Montana game...kind of cheesy but they love it and love the "shopping" on it. There is also a "Cars" game that my nephew likes.

Wii sports is included with the system they bought. What additional acessories do you reccomend?

Wii play is a good game that gives you several games in one CD and are fun. I was able to get it where it came with an extra controller. The Wii only comes with one controller so you will be wanting the extra one and that is a great way to get it and it was a decent price.

Also, I would suggest getting something that would charge the controllers as well as an extra nunchuk (no clue if I have spelled that right) but you will know when you get one.

I am not much of a help as far as games as my son loves sports types games so that is what we mainly own.

Also, one thing I do a LOT of is buying used games there are plenty of game stores that has these items used and it does save money. Most of stores that do that will have some sort of return policy if it doesn't work but I have very seldom ever had a problem with a game not working. Stores like Game Crazy (connected to Hollywood Videos), Game Stop and others all sell used games. Same game, cheaper price - can't beat that!

Enjoy it!

I would have to agree with everyone else. We just bought one for my son for his birthday. With two kids you will need an extra controller and nunchuck as well as a charging system or else you will be spending lots of money on batteries.

Is there a nunchuck with the controller that comes with the system? We already figured on buying an extra controller but never thought anout the charging systems, Thanks!

Yes - it comes with one Wii remote, one nunchuck and one set of non-rechargeable batteries. We want to get the charging system at some point, but for now are just using a set of regular rechargeable AAs. They actually last for a fairly long time. We still have a good charge on them and have been using our Wii daily for over a month. And by daily I mean I am addicted to Guitar Hero and might play for a few hours after all the kids are in bed every night :O :)One cool thing about the Wii is that it can play Nintendo GameCube games. Used Nintendo Wii games, at least at the stores I have been checking, are averaging less than $5 off of a $40 game, perhaps since the whole system is so new. You can pick up the older GameCube games for just a few bucks. You do need a GameCube controller, but it is a nice way to add a few games to your gaming collection for cheaper.

Mario cart is a great game. My kids are 6 and 8 and really enjoy that. But just to touch on my favorite... Wii Fit! It is something that we all enjoy as a family! Your kids will have so much fun playing hula hoop, running, skiing, and so much more!

I want the Wii Fit for myself! I think we might get that for "them" and an extra contoller and a game or two. (Depending on $$)

Endless Ocean is pretty neat. Its really laid back but my 4 year old DS really likes it. He doesn't play it-lets someone else but it is like you are really in a scuba diver. Graphics and animals are out of this world.

1. What are the recommended games for 3-5 year olds on the Christmas Wii Shopping List?

The Christmas Wii Shopping List includes games that are appropriate for 3-5 year olds such as Super Mario Party, Just Dance 2021, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. These games are fun and engaging for young children and are rated E for Everyone.

2. Are there any educational games on the Christmas Wii Shopping List?

Yes, there are several educational games on the Christmas Wii Shopping List that are perfect for 3-5 year olds. Some examples include Sesame Street: Ready, Set, Grover! and Disney Learning Adventures: Mickey's Magical Math World. These games combine fun with learning, making them perfect for young children.

3. Can I purchase additional accessories for the Wii on the Christmas Wii Shopping List?

Yes, the Christmas Wii Shopping List also includes accessories that are suitable for 3-5 year olds. Some examples include the Wii Remote Plus controller and the Wii Steering Wheel. These accessories can enhance the gaming experience for young children and make it easier for them to play.

4. How do I know if a game is appropriate for my 3-5 year old?

All games on the Christmas Wii Shopping List are rated E for Everyone by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). This means that the content is suitable for all ages. However, we always recommend that parents review the game's rating and content before purchasing to ensure it aligns with their family's values and beliefs.

5. Can I find the Christmas Wii Shopping List in stores or is it only available online?

The Christmas Wii Shopping List is available both in stores and online. You can visit your local electronics or gaming store to purchase the games and accessories, or you can find them on various online retailers such as Amazon or Best Buy. We recommend checking for availability and pricing at both options before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
  • tvwalsh72
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies