• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wife Is New to Papmperd Chef - Tax Question

In summary, "Wife Is New to Pampered Chef - Tax Question" is a commonly asked question by individuals who have recently joined Pampered Chef as a consultant. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are considered self-employed and are responsible for paying taxes on your business income. This includes reporting and paying self-employment taxes, income taxes, and any other applicable taxes. You will need to fill out and submit a Schedule C form along with your annual tax return and keep detailed records of your business expenses. The requirement to collect sales tax on Pampered Chef products may vary depending on your state's sales tax laws. It is best to consult with a tax professional or your state's tax agency for more information.
E R
Hello all,My wife started as an Independent Consultant last year and did fairly well in the few months since she started.I do our taxes, and am perplexed that both Box 3 (Other income) and Box 7 (Nonemployee compensation) are filled in on her 1099-Misc. The Other income was the start-up kit, PC bucks to be used later, and other non-commission stuff. TaxAct doesn't care if both boxes are entered, but TurboTax won't let both boxes be entered, and says two separated lines should be entered.Self employment tax changes if Box 3 figures do not go on Schedule C, and the IRS says Other income is not used to calculate self employment tax.I'm leaning toward putting it all to Schedule C, but can find no good answers.Thanks for listening, and I will also search the forums to see if I can find a good answer.Eric

Welcome to CS!

Enter as if you received 2 forms. One with just box 7 filled in and one with just box 3 filled in. I’m an accountant.

Thanks very much!

Ingredients bought to practice recipes are a legit business expense

What is "Wife Is New to Pampered Chef - Tax Question"?

"Wife Is New to Pampered Chef - Tax Question" is a commonly asked question by individuals who have recently joined Pampered Chef as a consultant and are curious about the tax implications of their new business venture.

Do I need to pay taxes as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are considered self-employed and are responsible for paying taxes on your business income. This includes reporting and paying self-employment taxes, income taxes, and any other applicable taxes.

What type of tax forms do I need to fill out as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a self-employed individual, you will need to fill out and submit a Schedule C form along with your annual tax return. This form will help you report your business income and any deductible business expenses.

What expenses can I deduct as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can deduct any business-related expenses, such as the cost of products, marketing materials, and business mileage. It is essential to keep detailed records and receipts of these expenses for tax purposes.

Do I need to collect sales tax on Pampered Chef products?

The answer to this question may vary depending on your state's sales tax laws. It is best to consult with a tax professional or your state's tax agency to determine if you are required to collect and remit sales tax on Pampered Chef products sold in your state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pckelly
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefmoseley