• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why You Should Never Advertise on Facebook!

In summary, Facebook is trying to make more money by changing how your posts are seen by people. They are also stacking the deck against you if you don't advertise yourself.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Take a few minutes and watch this video. It is revealing and makes total sense for anyone who has a Facebook page and has advertised a bit[youtube]oVfHeWTKjag[/youtube]

Last edited:
Wow! Everyone should listen to this who has a PC business page. Very interesting! One consultant has over 100k in FB fans. I wonder if they paid to promote it and how many are real.

Very interesting! A bit disturbing and irritating too, and I don't even HAVE a FB page. Just tired of people cheating to get ahead.

Well, that was definitely interesting. I heard a long time ago via someone in PC not to advertise on FB so after seeing this I'm glad I never attempted it. I would like to know how we can actually boost our posts. I have has as few as 1 person saw post to as many at 67 or so. I can't say the larger viewed post was better than the smaller one.

It is too bad Facebook cant keep their sticky fingers out of things and let people see what you post if they are already friends of your page....instead of algorithms and equations to "help" you target your audience. I think, and after watching that video, even more so....that FB just did the changes to generate money by almost forcing you to advertise yourself to get visibility.It always comes back to money though.

byrd1956 said:
I would like to know how we can actually boost our posts. I have has as few as 1 person saw post to as many at 67 or so. I can't say the larger viewed post was better than the smaller one.
Sometimes what you think your followers want to see and what they actually want to see doesn't match :)

You are right, Greg. I try to mix it up, but often times it is recipes and who knows whether someone has a sweet or salty tooth!

It's also my understanding that it's breaking the rules for us, as consultants, to pay for advertising.

raebates said:
It's also my understanding that it's breaking the rules for us, as consultants, to pay for advertising.
I think you are right. BUT Facebook stacks the deck against you if you don't, from the sounds of it, by changing how your posts are seen by people. At least that's what I've gleaned from folks conversations on here and elsewhere.

I've stopped stressing about my biz page. The numbers are horrible thanks to FB messing around with things. They just are trying to make more money and I get it, but they are ruining so many people's pages. I say, if someone wants to "like" my page, then they should be allowed to see my posts. Why can't they let us see everything? Why do they need to put a restriction or limit on everything?! What helps my numbers: I post on my biz page and then I log in as my personal self and will "like" or "share" my posts. That seems to help my numbers. (Just remember to have it set back to your biz page identity for the next time you want to make a post.) You need people to interact with your page to get FB to think your post or page is worthy of them allowing others to see your posts. It's ridiculous. I now post more stuff on my regular personal wall day to day biz stuff so that all my friends see it. I try not to over post about my business and post other types of normal posts so my friends don't get mad at me. ;)

1. Why should I never advertise on Facebook?

There are several reasons why advertising on Facebook may not be the best choice for your business. For one, the cost of advertising on the platform can quickly add up, especially if you're targeting a large audience. Additionally, Facebook's constantly changing algorithm can make it difficult to reach your desired audience, and the platform is known for its low conversion rates. Finally, with the increasing number of privacy concerns surrounding Facebook, many users may be hesitant to engage with ads on the platform, making it less effective for businesses.

2. Can't I just target my specific audience on Facebook?

While Facebook does offer targeting options, it's important to keep in mind that the platform is primarily a social media platform, not a search engine. This means that users are not actively searching for products or services, making it harder for businesses to reach their desired audience. Additionally, targeting options can be limited, and users may not always have accurate information on their profiles, making it difficult to effectively target your specific audience.

3. But isn't Facebook the largest social media platform?

While Facebook does have a large user base, it's important to consider the quality of that audience. Many users on Facebook may not be interested in your product or service, and may simply be using the platform to connect with friends and family. This means that your ads may not be reaching the right audience, resulting in a lower return on investment.

4. Are there any alternatives to advertising on Facebook?

Yes, there are plenty of alternatives to advertising on Facebook. Depending on your target audience and business goals, you may find that other social media platforms, such as Instagram or LinkedIn, are more effective for your advertising needs. Additionally, utilizing search engine advertising, such as Google AdWords, can also be a more targeted and cost-effective option for reaching potential customers.

5. I've seen successful businesses advertising on Facebook, why shouldn't I do the same?

While some businesses may see success with advertising on Facebook, it's important to consider the bigger picture and your individual business goals. Every business is different and may have different advertising needs. It's important to thoroughly research and consider all options before investing in any advertising platform, including Facebook. Additionally, it's important to continually monitor and analyze the effectiveness of your advertising efforts to ensure you're getting the best return on your investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nene960