1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Why Why Why?????

1. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Why oh why is that Microwave Molten Lava Cake sooooo freakin good?????? I made one for neighbor last night and I can't get it out of my mind. Curses to the person that created the 12 minute cake recipe!!!!

2. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

I know it is sooo goooood! The first time I made it my 4 yr old wanted to know what I was making, I told him Chocolate Lava Cake - (his interpretation) "Momma's making a Lama cake!" So know what it is called at our house, yep you guessed it "lama cake":p

Sep 29, 2009
  3. PamperedChefLayla

that is too cute

4. JMT

JMT Member

which micro. cake is this?? in the rice cooker, bundt pan, or one I've been hearing mentioned done in the DCB?
    Thanks !

Sep 29, 2009
  5. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

So glad I have never tried them - would totally not be good on my diet:)!

6. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

made this as an extra at a cookie swap last year. miscalculated the cooking and when I tried to take it out of the rice cooker, it came out in pieces because it wasn't quite done. Put the pieces back in and cooked it a little more. put the pieces on a plate - presentation was pretty bad but it tasted great and I still sold a few rice cookers. yum - can't beat warm oozing chocolate.

Sep 30, 2009
  7. PamperedChefLayla

you can do it in the Fluted Stoneware or the DCB. The recipe is in the recipes file here. In my microwave it takes 12 min exactly and is chocolate cake oozey goodness. I have a box of cake mix and frosting in the pantry and it keeps calling out to me..put me in the microwave, put me in the microwave please put me in the micowave LOL LOL

8. Lifeat50

Lifeat50 Member

I made this today for the first time. I made it in the DCB. I did the following:

1 Chocolate Fudge Cake mix - made to box directions, poured into DCB (I forgot to spray with veg. oil)
    1 can of Chocolate frosting - spooned onto cake batter
    Microwave uncovered for 12 minutes. The directions I have say to let it set for 30 minutes. I did this but don't know for sure if you need to let it set or not.
    It was a huge success at the carry-in I went to!!

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?