• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curse You, 12 Minute Microwave Molten Lava Cake!

In summary, this recipe calls for a chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, and a microwave. The cake mix is poured into a cast iron Bundt pan and microwaved for 12 minutes. It is recommended to let it set for 30 minutes, but it was a huge success at the carry-in I went to.
PamperedChefLayla
Gold Member
Why oh why is that Microwave Molten Lava Cake sooooo freakin good?????? I made one for neighbor last night and I can't get it out of my mind. Curses to the person that created the 12 minute cake recipe!!!!

I know it is sooo goooood! The first time I made it my 4 yr old wanted to know what I was making, I told him Chocolate Lava Cake - (his interpretation) "Momma's making a Lama cake!" So know what it is called at our house, yep you guessed it "lama cake":p

1234blessed said:
I know it is sooo goooood! The first time I made it my 4 yr old wanted to know what I was making, I told him Chocolate Lava Cake - (his interpretation) "Momma's making a Lama cake!" So know what it is called at our house, yep you guessed it "lama cake":p

that is too cute

which micro. cake is this?? in the rice cooker, bundt pan, or one I've been hearing mentioned done in the DCB?
Thanks !

So glad I have never tried them - would totally not be good on my diet:)!

made this as an extra at a cookie swap last year. miscalculated the cooking and when I tried to take it out of the rice cooker, it came out in pieces because it wasn't quite done. Put the pieces back in and cooked it a little more. put the pieces on a plate - presentation was pretty bad but it tasted great and I still sold a few rice cookers. yum - can't beat warm oozing chocolate.

JMT said:
which micro. cake is this?? in the rice cooker, bundt pan, or one I've been hearing mentioned done in the DCB?
Thanks !

you can do it in the Fluted Stoneware or the DCB. The recipe is in the recipes file here. In my microwave it takes 12 min exactly and is chocolate cake oozey goodness. I have a box of cake mix and frosting in the pantry and it keeps calling out to me..put me in the microwave, put me in the microwave please put me in the micowave LOL LOL

I made this today for the first time. I made it in the DCB. I did the following:

1 Chocolate Fudge Cake mix - made to box directions, poured into DCB (I forgot to spray with veg. oil)
1 can of Chocolate frosting - spooned onto cake batter
Microwave uncovered for 12 minutes. The directions I have say to let it set for 30 minutes. I did this but don't know for sure if you need to let it set or not.
It was a huge success at the carry-in I went to!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the microwave molten lava cake?

The ingredients needed for the microwave molten lava cake are:

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter chips (optional)

2. Can I make this molten lava cake in the oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, this recipe can also be made in the oven. Simply preheat your oven to 375°F, and bake the cake in a greased ramekin for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly gooey.

3. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions based on personal preference or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use almond milk instead of regular milk, or gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may affect the texture and taste of the final product.

4. How do I prevent the molten lava cake from overflowing in the microwave?

To avoid overflowing, make sure to use a large enough bowl or ramekin to allow room for the cake to rise. You can also place a paper towel or microwave-safe plate underneath the bowl to catch any potential spills.

5. Can I make multiple servings of this molten lava cake at once?

Yes, you can make multiple servings by doubling or tripling the ingredients and using separate bowls or ramekins for each serving. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the strength of your microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • Kitchen2u