• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do We Charge Tax on Shipping & Handling in AL?

In summary, according to Alabama state sales tax laws, any shipping and handling charges associated with a taxable item are subject to sales tax. However, only shipping and handling fees for taxable items are taxed in Alabama for Pampered Chef orders. The sales tax rate for these fees is the same as the sales tax rate for the taxable item being shipped. Refunds for sales tax paid on shipping and handling fees are not available in Alabama, as this tax is collected by Pampered Chef on behalf of the state. It is important to note that not all states have the same tax laws for shipping and handling fees, so it is necessary to check the specific laws in your state for Pampered Chef orders.
Mom4kanda
Ihave a host asking why we charge tax on s&H?

I am in alabama. Just really didnt know a solid answer. Can anyone help me?

;)

Tell her it's your state law.

Our state charges on shipping as well.

I just re-read your post. She doesn't pay for shipping anyway :confused:

Is she worried her guests will get upset?

As the above person said it varies state to state. In Wyoming we do not charge tax on shipping and handling! Hope that helps!

Ohio consultantsWow! Just the thread I needed. Any Ohio consultants out there know if we charge sales tax on S&H? I thought we didn't but just tonight I was talking about this with my mom and she sold Avon and she said we did. Just want to make sure I do it right.

Chrissy,

The place to find this is on the back of the order forms. If you have the sales receipt, or order forms they are on the back. It lists the states that do not charge tax on S/H. And OH is one that DOES NOT charge tax on shipping and handling.

ThanksI knew the answer was probably right in front of my nose! :) Thanks for your help Marlene.

The best answer we can give for the "Why do we charge tax on shipping?" question is that the state requires it. Tell them that there are only a few states that don't tax shipping. I apologize and say I understand and wish it wasn't so but we have to follow the law.

If they continue to have a fit, and you want, you can offer to pay it for them - it's about a quarter in most states.

1. Why do I have to pay tax on the shipping and handling fees for my Pampered Chef order in Alabama?

According to Alabama state sales tax laws, any shipping and handling charges associated with a taxable item are also subject to sales tax. This means that if an item you purchase from Pampered Chef is subject to sales tax, the shipping and handling fees will also be taxable.

2. Are all shipping and handling fees taxed in Alabama for Pampered Chef orders?

No, only shipping and handling fees for taxable items are subject to sales tax in Alabama. If an item is not subject to sales tax, then the associated shipping and handling fees will also not be taxed.

3. How is the sales tax on shipping and handling fees calculated in Alabama for Pampered Chef orders?

The sales tax rate for shipping and handling fees in Alabama is the same as the sales tax rate for the taxable item being shipped. For example, if an item is subject to a 9% sales tax rate, then the shipping and handling fees will also be taxed at a 9% rate.

4. Can I get a refund on the sales tax paid for shipping and handling fees on my Pampered Chef order in Alabama?

No, sales tax on shipping and handling fees in Alabama is not refundable. This tax is imposed by the state and is collected by Pampered Chef on behalf of the state.

5. Do all states charge sales tax on shipping and handling fees for Pampered Chef orders?

No, not all states have the same tax laws regarding shipping and handling fees. Some states may exempt these fees from sales tax, while others may only tax a portion of the fees. It is important to check the tax laws in your specific state to understand how shipping and handling fees are taxed for Pampered Chef orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
paigev71
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJoyJ