1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Why we charge????

1. Mom4kanda

Mom4kanda Member

Ihave a host asking why we charge tax on s&H?

I am in alabama. Just really didnt know a solid answer. Can anyone help me?

;)

Oct 27, 2005
  2. Tell her it's your state law.

Our state charges on shipping as well.

I just re-read your post. She doesn't pay for shipping anyway :confused:

Is she worried her guests will get upset?

Oct 27, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

As the above person said it varies state to state. In Wyoming we do not charge tax on shipping and handling! Hope that helps!

Oct 27, 2005
  4. chrissyk

chrissyk Novice Member

Ohio consultants

Wow! Just the thread I needed. Any Ohio consultants out there know if we charge sales tax on S&H? I thought we didn't but just tonight I was talking about this with my mom and she sold Avon and she said we did. Just want to make sure I do it right.

Oct 27, 2005
  5. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Chrissy,

The place to find this is on the back of the order forms. If you have the sales receipt, or order forms they are on the back. It lists the states that do not charge tax on S/H. And OH is one that DOES NOT charge tax on shipping and handling.

Oct 27, 2005
  6. chrissyk

chrissyk Novice Member

Thanks

I knew the answer was probably right in front of my nose! :) Thanks for your help Marlene.

Oct 27, 2005
  7. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

The best answer we can give for the "Why do we charge tax on shipping?" question is that the state requires it. Tell them that there are only a few states that don't tax shipping. I apologize and say I understand and wish it wasn't so but we have to follow the law.

If they continue to have a fit, and you want, you can offer to pay it for them - it's about a quarter in most states.

Oct 29, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted