• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Pampered Chef Is so Much Better Than Mk

I don't remember how many levels...but if you don't reach a certain level in sales you have to pay back all the money you've made...and then some!I think Pampered Chef is great too! I've only been with them a few months but so far it's been pretty easy. You just have to be patient and have a lot of inventory. And I think their products are really cute!
;)
AmyLee said:
Has anyone done a party for Premier Jewelry? I am having one for a friend on August 10 and have no idea what to expect.

Okay, I just finished my Premier Jewelry party and yes, I am getting a lot of free stuff. (I met this woman at a fair and we swapped shows) I'm not sure if it is a special promo this month or if its always like this but if your party is under $400, you get 30% of the retail. So if your guest sales are $375,you'd get $112.50 in free stuff. If it is over $400, you get 50%. You also get 1/2 price items and I got 6. You also get $25 more if you hold the show on the original date, $25 if 3 people book a party, $25 if you have more than 10 people in attendance. My party was at $328 but the hosts half-price items count towards the guest sales. I thought that part was pretty cool. So my items put me over the $400 mark which gave me 50% ($200 in free jewelry). So, the part that has me totally pissed off (sorry, I hardly ever vent:eek: )is she gave me my total out of pocket and then called me an hour later to tell me that it is $15 more because she didn't charge me the tax on my free items!:eek: She then tells me that its just like PC that we have to pay the government! I said no (in a very upset voice) it's not like PC. Free is Free in PC's eyes. She asked me how we don't and I told her that PC covers that for us. She also had to purchase her own credit card machine (which also means she has to pay the dues) and it sounds like she doesn't even have a good program to work with. Now I'm getting myself all worked up again and I think I'm going to call her and ask for the final breakdown.

I'll keep you posted. It's sad too because I really like her but not the company!:eek: Oh, they do make 50% of what the show is but is it worth it when the hosts aren't happy?

I can't wait to hear how all of your experiences turn out with them!

Well if you get 50% for free and she makes 50% that means that she really makes nothing because unless I'm mistaken, they have to do the host benefits out of their part. Not sure how that works but it doesn't sound like she makes very much.

She sent me an e-mail last night in response to mine. She is very apologetic and said she will reimburse me $16.02 on the tax of the free product as well as send me a Hostess Gold Card which enables me to get 20% for an entire year as well as 50% off the week of my birthday. I thought that was really nice and I can tell she feels really bad. When this blows over, I will ask her how her commission structure works.;)

I agree - something does not sound right there. You get 50% free - she makes 50% off sales - what is left? I'm just not quite getting it......

Good Point! :) I guess I didn't think of that. As my earlier post read, I will find out how it works!;)

This is what I found on a website I just randomly went to:

Premier Designs has one of the best Hostess Plans in America, and this is one of the reasons for Premier's success. As a Hostess of your own Home Show that retails at least $100.00, you will receive 30% of your Show's Total Retail in FREE Jewelry of your choice from Premier's catalog. And this includes the sales you make before the Show!
Example:
$100 Retail Show = $30 in FREE JEWELRY
$200 Retail Show = $60 in FREE JEWELRY
$300 Retail Show = $90 in FREE JEWELRY

Plus...
You may purchase items at 1/2 price. The number of items is determined by the Retail amount of your Show.

Example:
$100-$300 Total Retail = 4 items @ 1/2 price
$300.01-$500 Total Retail = 6 items @ 1/2 price
OVER $500 Total Retail = 8 items @ 1/2 price

One thing I notice right away is it only says FREE JEWELRY - it does not say that the host pays no tax or shipping....so in my opinion it is not really FREE. Its pretty stuff and I had much rather host a party like this than Mary Kay anytime but I still say PC is the BEST! Nothing beats our host benefits!

At the Mary Kay party I went to 2 weeks ago, there was a young girl there - about 22 who was newly married and on a budget. she just graduated from college and is looking for a job. Her new husband even ask her to please not buy any Mary Kay and she agreed (she was only there because her sis-in-law was a host). Well the MK rep was trying her best to recruit this girl - it was almost obscene. She would not shut up, even after the girl said NO. When I left she had the poor girl over on the couch giving her all this literature. I wanted to pull the girl aside and say "please dont do this if you have no money and are starting out - you have to buy inventory".
I am sure she has enough smarts and will not fall for it. I know her SIL from church and tried to find her on Sunday to ask her but they were not at church. She booked a PC party with me for Sept and I will see the newlywed girl there.

She gave me an envelope that had the benefits on there and at the very bottom it says "All you pay as a Hostess is the Sales Tax for your free jewelry, half-price jewelry, and a $4. shipping fee." Which brings me to another thing I was upset about. As the hostess, I have to pay $4 shipping and all the guests pay $2.50! Why does the hostess pay more than everyone else? Another reason that I LOVE PC!:D

You know whats funnier? On that envelope it says "Due to legal liability, Premier Designs has a policy that no alcoholic beverages may be served." Oops! I had a bucket of margaritas here!:D

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear that! That is crazy how that lady was literally hanging over her! I would have been so crazy to see that!:mad:

How Does Home Interiors Work?OK, anyone know how Home Int consulatants get the free Mustang? How much do they have to sell for that and for the trips?

And do they put in ANYTHING for their Host Rewards??

I have one consultant who is in HI also, don't know how to encourage her in PC if I am not sure how it works.

just wondering....

Janice

What is the compensation plan for Tupperware? I have someone who is teetering between us and Tupperware. I do love Tupperware products so I can't say anything bad about it, but I don't want to lose her!

I had a friend that sold Tupperware and there return policy stinks. If a customer doesn't like the product the consultant was stuck with it having to give the money back themselves. When there is a host special the consultant has to pay for some of that herself. And their lifetime warranty, Ha, ha when a customer returns a defective item they get a credit. If they do not sell the product any longer they give the customer the lowest price that that item was sold for as a credit towards other Tupperware and the credit is only good thru the consultant that you returned it thru. She doesn't sell Tupperware any longer.

Here in Canada they have kiosks in the mall selling Tupperware which makes it had for the consultants who do the home parties when they can buy it at the mall for usually less than at a party.

I think Tupperware might have to stock inventory too, but I am not quite sure on that. I just know there is a tupperware lady that works with my daughter and she has a room full of the stuff. She is always bagging some up that she could not sell and bringing it to the office and selling it dirt cheap and that is how I get my tupperware. I got a set of $40 bowls the other day for $6. That has me wondering.

The only inventory I have my personal stuff in my Kitchen...... I am so glad that PC doesn't require us to have a inventory I think I would run out of room in my house if we had to. :p

The big problem I ran in to with having to have inventory with MK was that I didn't sell fast enough before their NEW things would come out. Back then (the early 80's) they (MK people) talked like inventory was all the new hype. So the ladies could take it home that night. Funny though how the internet has changed that. We order something so often and wait for it to come in the mail.

Kris

I had a lia sophia party and the consultant messed up my order and gave me two of the same necklaces. So I had to pay the postage to send it back. It was not my fault that she didn't pay attention. Then on top of that you have to pay s&h and tax again on something you've already paid on! It has been 3 1/2 weeks and still not sign of my jewelry. Then I ordered off a friends party and the piece of jewlery I was sent was broken! I opened it and could not believe my eyes! So now I have to send it back. Once again, not my fault they were careless. When you have a show you must have $250 in sales. You get 4 items for $15 and two half off items. And 20% of your show sales. By the time you're done with your show you are broke! Oh, I called the customer service number and I was on hold for a half hour before I decided to leave a message-they said it could be 2-3 days before they got back to me!!! I am very frustrated with them right now (if you couldn't tell).

I have never done a direct sales business before my PC business, I've been to home interior shows and tastefully simple,but never gave the business a second glance.... I'm just soooooooo happy that I chose this company! I'm sorry for all the people that have tried out other companies and didn't like it. I'm swapping shows w/ MK rep, doing my show Sept.1 I'm a bit nervous! I don't want her hounding my friends and family! All my friends and family know that I'm a consultant for PC-- so maybe that will help!

For Home Interiors, you have to pay all host benefits out of your commission.

Last year, I did a HI candle fundraiser and we made 50% on all sales but the lady had to write us a check---so that came out of her pocket too.

A long time ago, my mom used to sell it and back then they only had to pay 33% of the retail cost for anything in the catalog. I'm not sure how it is today.

There kit is at least $199 also...which is kind of expensive in my book!!!

snugbug I wanted to share my reaction here in hopes that others can avoid offending future customers said:
AMEN Sarah! I recently went to another home party and I had to take my 2 month old son or I wasn't going to be able to go. I arrived and the consultant said, "I can't do the show if he stays.:eek: If he makes any noise he'll be a distraction b/c everyone will have to see what he's doing." So I left and thought to myself, how rude to be a guest in someone's home and tell another guest they're not welcome! I do have some common sense and had my son become a distraction, I would have left anyway out of respect for the other guests. Needless to say, I did not place an order as I have no desire to ever do business with that consultant.:mad:

Pamprd_Heather said:
AMEN Sarah! I recently went to another home party and I had to take my 2 month old son or I wasn't going to be able to go. I arrived and the consultant said, "I can't do the show if he stays.:eek: If he makes any noise he'll be a distraction b/c everyone will have to see what he's doing." So I left and thought to myself, how rude to be a guest in someone's home and tell another guest they're not welcome! I do have some common sense and had my son become a distraction, I would have left anyway out of respect for the other guests. Needless to say, I did not place an order as I have no desire to ever do business with that consultant.:mad:

Wow...the nerve of some people. What did she sell?

tashayoung said:
Wow...the nerve of some people. What did she sell?

Not to ruffle any feathers, but DH and I don't have children, and I'm not real fond of the idea of people bringing their children to my PC events. Unlike the lady that posted stating she'd leave if her child became a distraction, many others either don't care or just assume it is ok. I had a show once and a lady brought her young son who was the 'ruler of the house'. I say this, because HE would tell HER to shut up and he would deliberately not behave when she would scold him and ask him to be quiet, etc. The worst part was he'd go over to my coffee table and would pick up my candle votives and try to throw them across the room! :mad: I eventually had to stop what I was doing and ask that he not touch our things, out of concern he'd not only break them, but he could potentially hurt himself or someone else. Needless to say, I didn't ever invite the mother to much of anything after that. This could go onto a completely different subject, but it is so rare that people have the courtesy to actually ask the Host/Consultant if it is ok to bring children. They just assume it is ok. I'm a consultant that it isn't really ok with....

Home InteriorsA cosultant who reches director level will win the convertible mustang. I belive you need to have about $60,000 for the year and have a unit under you.

As far as the hostess program...we buy at 55% off. ONce a month there is a sample sale where we get to buy the new merchanidise at an additional 25% already wholesale prices...pretty nice items for such a good price.

when you have someone signed up under you you will get 2% of their sales. it could add up if you have enough signed up under you.

new monthly catalogs every month for $5 pk of 50. every 3 months is new presentation catalogs (25 for $7 i think it is). Now christmas books are out to purchase also.

Hostess gifts and shopping spree does come out of our earnings. So that actually brings us to about 30% earnings really.

NOW I am excited about joing PC soon. I love the idea of not delivering products, not purchasing hostess gifts out of my earnigns....etc....

I can just see the advantages of joing PC adn I have been so thankful to HI for making me the person I am today. Because of me joing HI, I am now ready to work the PC business...and by the way I love to cook. I have had several people ask if I sell PC cause they would have a party if I did....so....here I come!!

Darlene:)

ccnunu said:
A cosultant who reches director level will win the convertible mustang. I belive you need to have about $60,000 for the year and have a unit under you.

As far as the hostess program...we buy at 55% off. ONce a month there is a sample sale where we get to buy the new merchanidise at an additional 25% already wholesale prices...pretty nice items for such a good price.

when you have someone signed up under you you will get 2% of their sales. it could add up if you have enough signed up under you.

new monthly catalogs every month for $5 pk of 50. every 3 months is new presentation catalogs (25 for $7 i think it is). Now christmas books are out to purchase also.

Hostess gifts and shopping spree does come out of our earnings. So that actually brings us to about 30% earnings really.

NOW I am excited about joing PC soon. I love the idea of not delivering products, not purchasing hostess gifts out of my earnigns....etc....

I can just see the advantages of joing PC adn I have been so thankful to HI for making me the person I am today. Because of me joing HI, I am now ready to work the PC business...and by the way I love to cook. I have had several people ask if I sell PC cause they would have a party if I did....so....here I come!!

Darlene:)

Good for you, Darlene! I bet you'll love it here! When will you join PC? Will you continue to do HI? Hopefully whomever you've been working with has told you that our awesome sign-on bonus is in effect for consultants who order their starter kit before the end of August. The new knives are awesome!! Good luck to you as you begin a journey with PC. I know what you mean....PC has totally made me who I am today and has helped me discover skills I didn't even know I had. I would not be as confident and ambitious today if it weren't for PC. And I wouldn't be as happy as a person, therefore I'm a better mommy and wife too. Wow, it's amazing how much comes out of this experience that you'd never expect!:)

Pamprd_Heather: Some people forget the fact that a lot of these direct selling companies are family based.

hmolah: You are right about the safety concern. The last thing I would want is to have anyone get hurt, especially a child!

I have had numerous children attend my shows and they have been a blast. I make them my helpers. I even had one top a recipe for me using the EAD. She was too cute! I love children, babies especially!

Ever Hear of Signature Home Styles??Let me tell you about it.......I googled Direct Sales Companies....... I was looking for other conslutants in my area that would be interested in doing party exchanges... I get this phone call earlier this week from a Consultant from Signature Home Styles.... She layed it on thick with recuriting........ 1st of all when you call my house and get my voice mail it says.... You have reached the Hudson Family .... You have also reached the personal voice mail of Leah Hudson Inpendant sales Consultant for the Pampered Chef.... UH DUH!!!!! Doesn't that tell you I already have a business????? Well the voice mail I got was something to the effect of that she was all excited that I contacted them.. their was no consulants on the oregon coast.... Now when I did contact them... I put HOSTING A PARTY!!! NOT RECURTING!!!!! She went on and on.... I called her back.. did she listen to me.. NOPE!!! on and on about rercuriting.. sent me a catalog and some mag that is the sister Mag to Empowering Women!!! I mean Hello...... thanks had to vent!!!

I think that's why a lot of people DON'T do well with recruiting. You have to LISTEN to your prospect. I am NO expert, but I am working really hard with the listening part. And, hey it might have been something that might interest you in the future, but she turned you off.

Consultants vs ConsultantsI agree! I have been doing a lot of show swapping and even Open House type events where I get a bunch of other consultants together for 4 hours somewhere and invite everyone we know for shopping in one place.

Anyway...I too can say that out of the 30 some consultants that I have came in contact with by doing this I would say about 12-13 of them have tried to talk me into joining their business. I look at it as if another consultant becomes interested in Pampered Chef and its someone that I have been in contact with then more than likely they will get in touch with me. I'm not going to shove it down their throats when they are already working a business.

My challenge is to make sure they know how much fun I have and how much I earn free and how much commission and sales I do...not in an "in your face" attitude but more as planting seeds that might make them think that they could do PC instead of whatever they are doing now or even alongside what they are doing. So in a very subtle way we can send them messages that would intrigue them to sign up but not forcing it on them.

April

Oh I have a kind of funny story...

Yesterday at work (I'm a sales manager for OfficeMax) we had this lady come in that was a Silpada rep, she had been doing it for 3 years. She was asking me how much copies were (I had already told her I was a PC consultant) and I told her that they were $.08 each and if she was a PC consultant it would only be $.035 each...her mouth dropped and she asked why, I told her that we have a contract with OfficeMax. Anyhoo, she kept talking and was giving me her recruiting commercial and I said "you know what honey, I like jewelry and all but I find that PC is better since everyone has to eat and not everyone wears jewelry"...she told me that I had a point and wants info on signing up. We will see how serious she is about it, I think she is just curious to tell the truth.

LOVE IT!!! And you are sooooo right!

soonerchef said:
Oh I have a kind of funny story...

Yesterday at work (I'm a sales manager for OfficeMax) we had this lady come in that was a Silpada rep, she had been doing it for 3 years. She was asking me how much copies were (I had already told her I was a PC consultant) and I told her that they were $.08 each and if she was a PC consultant it would only be $.035 each...her mouth dropped and she asked why, I told her that we have a contract with OfficeMax. Anyhoo, she kept talking and was giving me her recruiting commercial and I said "you know what honey, I like jewelry and all but I find that PC is better since everyone has to eat and not everyone wears jewelry"...she told me that I had a point and wants info on signing up. We will see how serious she is about it, I think she is just curious to tell the truth.

Anyone know how silpada reps are compensated?

what do reps from Silpada sell??? Sorry I haven't heard of that company before.

Sorry, it's pretty pricey jewelry....

Silipada is jewelry. I met a really sweet rep at a joint show. I think she said they get 30 to 50% percent. It sounded like Avon where you sell the products for whatever is listed in the catalog and then the company just deducts part of that from your account.

I was trying to do an At Home America catalog show and I've only got one $40 order!!! Everyone is telling me that the stuff is way to expensive for them to pay for!!! Yes, They have 250 products under $25 BUT who wants to pay $7.99 for a dip you're going to eat one time? I know i wouldn't want to. I think $7.99 is the cheapest thing that they have in the catalog.
I feel bad that i only got one order but i asked just about every one i know to order and i keep getting the same thing.

The host benefits stink also. They are as follows:

$150-$299 10% free 1 half-price item
$300-$499 10% free 1 half-price item
$500-$749 10% free 2 half-price items
$750-$999 15% free 3 half-price items
$1000+ 20% free 3 half-price items

You also get one extra half-price item for every booking up to three bookings.

Hosts have to pay shipping and taxes on all "Free" stuff AND the hosts do not get any discount after there free stuff. They have to pay full price for anything that isn't free.

Last edited:
Signature Home Styles is bascily the same thing.... PC has the best Hostess Rewards to offer by far!!

I'm hosting an AHA show at the end of the month...my rep told me that this month was double hostess credit...

I originally did the show to thank this consultant, who had my top show last spring, but since my DH was out of work, I couldn't just purchase from her straight out. As it turns out, she's considering PC because she can't stand the administrative nightmare she deals with working with AHA. I think that says a mouthful!

Mary

chefmary said:
I'm hosting an AHA show at the end of the month...my rep told me that this month was double hostess credit...

I originally did the show to thank this consultant, who had my top show last spring, but since my DH was out of work, I couldn't just purchase from her straight out. As it turns out, she's considering PC because she can't stand the administrative nightmare she deals with working with AHA. I think that says a mouthful!

Mary

Mary did she tell you anything about it?

This is a great thread. I think I'm going to be signing soon!

SilverCeladon said:
This is a great thread. I think I'm going to be signing soon!
Hopefully with Pampered Chef!;)

I've been with Avon, Tupperware, and now PC.

With Avon, I did end up making about $800 extra a month for almost a year even after buying my books, supplies, and products for me. I actually sold it twice in two different states. I can definately tell you that the amount of work you put into it, is the amount of return you get. The second time around it became a 7 day a week job in itself though. But, it kept me busy while hubby was deployed. After all the other hubbies came back though, the orders went down and I decided to quit (the wives couldn't get away with spending so much of their husbands money LOL). But I can also say Avon has a little something for everyone...and you can back order up to two catalogs so customers can still get the sales they want a month and a half later. The meetings were fun and informative. But there is no actual support like here. I just got tired of a particular neighbor stealing my deliveries from my porch.

Tupperware is just too worn out. It's been around for so long that everyone has the pieces they want and since they replace broken parts, there's not many sales to be had. I couldn't get enough sales to stay with it so I just stopped.

With PC there's something even for us non-cookers. I hate to cook but the products make it so much easier. And the price range is excellent for reaching a ton of different people. And I don't have to bag stuff up every two weeks and run it around town to deliver...especially when the purchaser orders but doesn't pay and then doesn't return your calls. I'm new to PC but the support I found here and on the website were enough to get me to sign up out of nowhere...I hadn't even spoken to the host of the party I attended about it (that was her signing party). The trips will be awesome to earn...Avon had nothing like that at all and no real recognition during the year. I am looking forward to all the free stuff I can earn with PC.

congrats on wanting to sign up I love doing PC and you are totally right you dont have to like to cook since there are so many different products in the catalog

pampermeplease said:
I've been with Avon, Tupperware, and now PC.

With Avon, I did end up making about $800 extra a month for almost a year even after buying my books, supplies, and products for me. I actually sold it twice in two different states. I can definately tell you that the amount of work you put into it, is the amount of return you get. The second time around it became a 7 day a week job in itself though. But, it kept me busy while hubby was deployed. The meetings were fun and informative. But there is no actual support like here.

With PC there's something even for us non-cookers. I hate to cook but the products make it so much easier. And the price range is excellent for reaching a ton of different people. And I don't have to bag stuff up every two weeks and run it around town to deliver...especially when the purchaser orders but doesn't pay and then doesn't return your calls. I'm new to PC but the support I found here and on the website were enough to get me to sign up out of nowhere...I hadn't even spoken to the host of the party I attended about it (that was her signing party). The trips will be awesome to earn...Avon had nothing like that at all and no real recognition during the year. I am looking forward to all the free stuff I can earn with PC.

That's great you did so well with Avon! I had a very hard time making any money with Avon and it was just soo much work canvassing neighborhoods and businesses every two weeks, then packaging and delivering to do it all over again each week! I totally love the the support from TPC and CS and look forward to acheiving some trip incentive rewards too! Not to mention all the FREE product PC offers all year round! I've earned probably $2k worth of product in the year I have been doing this! I don't recall Avon ever offering rewards for our sales? I think you ventured to the right Company! Welcome and good luck to you!:p

I did well the 2nd time. The first time I sold Avon I totally bombed. In a small town, one Avon lady is enough. And since she'd been there years, she pretty much had the entire territory for sales and no one wanted to switch (they all knew her of course). But they didn't tell me that when I signed up. And I didn't put much effort into it. I do love their products and am a big buyer. I also did a lot of 'catalog party swaps' on a website with a lot of different companies--so I had a lot of out of state sales too. I love Jafra cosmetics myself but they're pricey.

I LOVE the PC free stuff!! I am always so excited and I started in Sept. and have earned so much and I didn't get any of the extra SS things. I always show my DH how well I've done and say something like, "Look at all the stuff I have earned!!!" He is just as excited as I am... PC is definantly worth it. I looked into about every DS company possible and sold w/ two others (Avon and MK) and I am very very happy with PC.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brookeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Intrepid_Chef