• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Pampered Chef Is so Much Better Than Mk

I don't remember how many levels...but if you don't reach a certain level in sales you have to pay back all the money you've made...and then some!I think Pampered Chef is great too! I've only been with them a few months but so far it's been pretty easy. You just have to be patient and have a lot of inventory. And I think their products are really cute!
Thanks for the tip and the link Andrea! I'll check out the Oriental Trading Post Piggy Bank! I love the one that BYB has - but just can't justify $35 for a Ceramic Bank for my 2yr. old to get a hold of and smash!

When my husband (a DJ) used to do Bar/Bat Mitzvah's ne would order things to giveaway from that company I like to just look through the catalog and see all the stuff!

AJPratt said:
Yikes! I didn't take it that the consultant was against breast feeding. She was just upset that no one was paying attention to the demo, and expressing that she's a little uncomfortable with seeing breast feeding. There is nothing wrong with being uncomfortable when someone you don't know starts breast feeding with her breast in plain view, in her home or wherever. It would certainly take me by surprise if I was in the middle of a show. Of course, the host has a right to feed her child but the consultant has the right to be a little uncomfortable. And yes, the consultant is a guest in the home, but she still can be uncomfortable. If something makes you uncomfortable, its ok. Once you become edcuated and learn more about something that's when you get over the discomfort. I would love to hear some suggestions from the more experienced consultants about how they would approach breast feeding at a show.

Just treat her like everyone else, don't stare at her boob, don't avoid her either. You should think of it the same as if she were feeding a baby a bottle, I don't think that would have made anyone uncomfortable. I'd personally rather my friends and children watch a woman breast feed a baby than watch a woman bottle feed a baby. Also, use the same tactics for a woman breast feeding a toddler.

its_me_susan said:
My Silpada friend keeps trying to indirectly sell me on it as a business, saying most people are so happy there's no "presentation". I am so happy knowing that there are people like me who always enjoyed PC parties because of the cooking demo. And I just feel justified buying cooking tools. I do like and support ALL home businesses (my jewelry is Silpada, my make-up mostly MK, my creams Beauty Control). I just know PC is the right choice for me. I've gotten a recruit who just wants to do bridal registries - no presentations. :)

I think she has to qualify before she can start setting up registries. This keeps brides from signing up to be consultants just to earn money from the gifts they receive.

I've noticed alot of Arbonne consultants clawing at me lately to switch or consider their business. One told me, You were so great at your show, I can just imagine how much money you'd be making if you did Arbonne!

My ex-husband worked with an Arbonne consultant who was a flight nurse in real life. She was getting ready to quit being a flight nurse because she was making such great money with Arbonne. But my ex was always annoyed because whenever they were on down time, she was constantly on the phone or on the computer working her business. Imagine how much money she'd make putting that effort into PC!!

Apparently, the Direct Marketers Association is getting on Arbonne for mis-representing the income their consultants earn. Also, lots of consultants don't realize they're signing up for the biz. Here's how it was presented to me by one of the ladies clawing at me: For just $35 a year, you can get all your product for (I can't remember the amount)% off! They are offering this to everyone who agrees to make a purchase! The same lady really talked up Arbonne because she wouldn't have to do shows and be away from her family.

Paige: Thank you for your insight! I think its best to breast feed as well!

Paige Dixon said:
I've noticed alot of Arbonne consultants clawing at me lately to switch or consider their business. One told me, You were so great at your show, I can just imagine how much money you'd be making if you did Arbonne!

My ex-husband worked with an Arbonne consultant who was a flight nurse in real life. She was getting ready to quit being a flight nurse because she was making such great money with Arbonne. But my ex was always annoyed because whenever they were on down time, she was constantly on the phone or on the computer working her business. Imagine how much money she'd make putting that effort into PC!!

Apparently, the Direct Marketers Association is getting on Arbonne for mis-representing the income their consultants earn. Also, lots of consultants don't realize they're signing up for the biz. Here's how it was presented to me by one of the ladies clawing at me: For just $35 a year, you can get all your product for (I can't remember the amount)% off! They are offering this to everyone who agrees to make a purchase! The same lady really talked up Arbonne because she wouldn't have to do shows and be away from her family.

What kind of business is Arbonne? Never heard of this or yellow box....

Arbonne is a company that distributes make up and skin care products as well as vitamins and hair care products. I love Arbonne make-up. It is all natural...made from fruits and vegetables. I haven't figured that out yet. I am a consultant but not to sell anything, just to get my products at the 35% discount. Anyone can sign up for that. In order to be considered a real consultant and earn commission and incentives you actually have to go out and work the business, but if you don't want to do that you can pay your 35.00 and only order products for yourself. As long as you continue to pay your yearly fee you can order products.

The person who signed me up was a nurse who had quit because she had replaced her income with her Arbonne business. She has now gone back to work.

PC is still the best as far as I'm concerned.

Last night at my show, an invited guest passed out her Longaberger catalogs, compared my products to hers (IMO our wovens put theirs to shame), and constantly refered to her business. It was really so rude, and no one was interested. I responded politely and with respectful interest, but inside was soooo annoyed! *ugh*

Have you ever had that happened to you at a show?

its_me_susan said:
Last night at my show, an invited guest passed out her Longaberger catalogs, compared my products to hers (IMO our wovens put theirs to shame), and constantly refered to her business. It was really so rude, and no one was interested. I responded politely and with respectful interest, but inside was soooo annoyed! *ugh*

Have you ever had that happened to you at a show?

OMG Susan!!!!
I am SO sorry this happened to you!
What did you say to her?!?
I would have a talk with the hostess who invited her and let her know how you felt about her behavior - WOW she had some really gall!!
I would be FUMING!!!

Some people just have no respect! I am so sorry to hear that!

Has anyone ever heard of thirty-one gifts? I found it uder the dsa website. I'm looking for something that i could do on the side from pc. I love there products. They have anything from baby bibs to pocket books to soy candles. It's only $99 to get started too. It gets you over $300 in products. I don't think there's anything that could ever replace pc though. I'm just looking out for myself when pc gets slower. The hosts automatically receive one half price product for booking a show and then they get extra half price products according to the more buying guests you have. It said something about getting free product but didn't not have anything to show how much you actually received. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard about this.

I did a rv rally and there was a mary kay lady next to me and she said that she pays all s&h for all her guests b/c they wont buy as much if they have to pay shipping and handling...i just lauged....i said well i love my customers but i'm not going to do that....I don't see where $4 would affect my sales. It may but I just don't see where it would.

HAHA OOOOOOk.. well i went to a convention & swapped shows with a MK girl.. i am getting the shitend of the deal! she made out like a bandit with PC with a $400 show!! No one wants to come to my MK show because of the prices! I know i wont get any host rewards cause you have to spend $$ to get anything!!! I plan on buying a lipstick & thats all but i somewhat feel bad that it will be me,mom & sis at my show for her next sat. she keeps pressureing OUTSIDE ORDERS!!!! she had her mom & a friend at her PC show THAT'S ALL! BUT HAD LOTS OF OUTSIDE ORDERS! I sent her the info that jenniferlynne put to try & bring it to her attention since shes nice i said im not trying to upset you just wanted to warn you.im sure she;ll A)get pissed or offended 2)say its untrue! what do ya think bad move on me?

I know with partylite to qualify you have to hold 6 shows in two weeks!!! HELLO people have everyday lives too!!!! And you constantly have to hold shows to stay active!!! I met a girl who was a home decor consultant,i went to a friends party recently,poor woman was all over the place,she appologized saying shes the only one is this area & doesnt get trained & only contact is far away!!! she was impressed when i explained how supportive PC is! i plan on educating her on our bussiness opportunites by calling her & asking how her business is going & seeing what she says..any suggestions? I did go home that night & look online at their startup kits..there are different ones.. but like $150 for random items that if you quit you wouldnt use like 3 candles,2 wall arts(beautiful frames i must say though) fake flower arragement & a chip & dip set.The friend who hosted the show is having a PC show in aug & the home consultant is supposed to go..i dont wanna attack her there i just thought about mentioning her to come when i call & say please let me know if your interested..how could i word like watch how easy & fun & see if youd be interested??POOR Woman!

ChefBurke said:
HAHA OOOOOOk.. well i went to a convention & swapped shows with a MK girl.. i am getting the shitend of the deal?

How is that, she had a show for you and had outside orders for a $400.00show and now you don't plan on helping her out?:confused: It sounds like she may be getting the short end of the deal!

rennea said:
How is that, she had a show for you and had outside orders for a $400.00show and now you don't plan on helping her out?:confused: It sounds like she may be getting the short end of the deal!

Hmmmm, that's what I was thinking! She did do the work needed to have a successful show.....

Hey Chefburke, actually you are getting the GOOD end of the deal!

I have to share too. Last November when I restarted, I did a huge show at my sil's friend's church. They needed the church because they invited all the church ladies.

Some lady got there before me (I didn't know at the time that she was from Party Lite) and was parked in the closest spot. I thought nothing of it other than parking a bit farther away to carry my things in.

Didn't really pay anymore attention to the lady as I didn't see her.

The host showed me around the church and in their gym, where the lights were mostly off, and there was a table there with PartyLite stuff on it. There was going to be a Party Lite party at the same time as my PC going on.

I was busy paid no more attention to it. But mentioned to my sil 'how did the party lite guests come in? I never saw anybody?'

She said noone showed up. :rolleyes: The Party Lite lady left.....a bit mad.
The Party Lite invites all came to the PC Show!

'Nuff said!

Kris

Last edited:
Kris: Wow! I think Partylite has great products, but wit PC there is no buyer's remorse and our products help the whole family. I'm glad it worked out for you though!

Premier Jewelry DesignsHas anyone done a party for Premier Jewelry? I am having one for a friend on August 10 and have no idea what to expect.

I had a friend who had one, but I couldn't make it.
She told me she got oodles of free jewelery. That's all I know. I should call her though.

Kris

AmyLee said:
Has anyone done a party for Premier Jewelry? I am having one for a friend on August 10 and have no idea what to expect.

I have been to a number of these and a friend of mine used to be a consultant. They have very nice jewelry and for the most part it is reasonably priced (it's high-end fashion jewelry). A percentage of the money actually goes towards helping missionaries around the world. I never hosted a show but have heard that you can earn a ton of free stuff.

AJPratt said:
I would love to hear some suggestions from the more experienced consultants about how they would approach breast feeding at a show.

A child has a right to eat, so I see no problem with breastfeeding at a show. I actually encouraged a guest to do it at a show last month.

You might want to check your state law. In IL, a woman has a right to breastfeed basically anywhere, as does CA. You can check the law at www.llli.org.

DebbieJ said:
A child has a right to eat, so I see no problem with breastfeeding at a show. I actually encouraged a guest to do it at a show last month.

Absolutely! And when I have children I plan on doing the same. I certainly wouldn't make my baby wait if he or she was hungry. I was hoping for the right words to use at the show. Since I am a very modest person, its not something that I think would come easy to me (breastfeeding in front of others) So, I don't know what words to offer to provide comfort or encouragement. Usually I would say something stupid like, "Let it happen, Captain." and that just doesn't seem appropriate.

You mean to encourage a mom who is NIP (nursing in public) at a show? I guess I'm just not understanding why something needs to be said at all. I think the less attention you bring to it, the more normal it will be to everyone. And honestly, if you and your babe get good at it, a lot of times people don't even notice what you are doing.

AJPratt said:
Usually I would say something stupid like, "Let it happen, Captain." and that just doesn't seem appropriate.

LOL- honestly I think that would be just fine. I would either say nothing because nothing really 'needs' to be said or if you feel the need to break some tension then that works :) I'm sitting here nursing my toddler at the keyboard right now and your comment made me giggle- not feel offended :) If I had to say something I could see myself saying something like 'all this good cooking was making someone hungry :D'

Sarah

I have been a Discovery Toys consultant (pretty low investment, good products, decent host program -- I just lost interest in it as time went on).

I am presently (in addition to PC) a Memory Works consultant -- which is a scrapbooking company. They have only been in business for a couple of years so they are still continuing to work out their host program, offerings, policies, etc. But they are very wonderful to work with and have a very low sales requirement to stay active -- they don't mind if you are a hobby consultant. If you are even a semi-active scrapper, you could maintain just on your own purchases alone!

I have seen bits and pieces of other direct selling businesses and I have not found any other that truly comes close to offering what PC does, to its guests, hosts and consultants. From our low flat rate shipping, to awesome host benefits, to lots of freebies and perks for consultants!!

DebbieJ said:
You mean to encourage a mom who is NIP (nursing in public) at a show? I guess I'm just not understanding why something needs to be said at all. I think the less attention you bring to it, the more normal it will be to everyone. And honestly, if you and your babe get good at it, a lot of times people don't even notice what you are doing.
Yes. The OP's message made me wonder how I would react and what I could say that would comfort that Mom and some guests who may be uncomfortable. Its something I'd rather be ready to positively address than not know what to say.

snugbug said:
LOL- honestly I think that would be just fine. I would either say nothing because nothing really 'needs' to be said or if you feel the need to break some tension then that works :) I'm sitting here nursing my toddler at the keyboard right now and your comment made me giggle- not feel offended :) If I had to say something I could see myself saying something like 'all this good cooking was making someone hungry :D'
Sarah

Right "break the tension". Lets face it... as wonderful and beautiful and amazing as I feel breast feeding is some may be uncomfotable for a number of reasons. To be very honest, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. Its been VERY tough. I actually started a thread about it (Anyone else trying to conceive). Breast feeding would tug at my heart strings. I mean, I wouldn't resent it at all, it just makes me want to have a baby and to be able to do that so bad! Maybe that's why I'm having trouble finding the words. :eek: :eek:

AJPratt said:
To be very honest, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. Its been VERY tough.

Ann, I peeked at that thread for the first time yesterday. (((HUGS))) to you!

Thanks for the hugs! I always take all I can get!!

Feeding baby at a party
DebbieJ said:

I agree with you, If you don't mention it, the less it will be noticed. I have nursed all 3 of my children and my Mother-in-law has even mentioned that I nursed in such a way, that most didn't know what I was doing, unless they looked closely. She has even asked me if I was going to feed them soon and I was already done. She didn't notice and was surprised. :)

On the other hand, my husband was visiting with a couple and she needed to nurse her child and she flung it out in the open, and hooked everything up in plain view. She had been nursing for at least 6 months at the time and you would have thought she would have been a little more discreet. Needless to say, it made my husband very uncomfortable to see her in the open. He avoided her for awhile after that. He had NO problem with nursing as I did it with our children, but he didn't want to see her uncovered.

In that kind of situation, I still wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that someone was nursing and I would keep going with my presentation.

Last edited:
Comparrison sheetOk all of you computer guru's out there...... how about putting together a comparrison sheet of all the benefits of PC vs the others out there? MK, AV, etc. This would be a great help to those of us who encounter ones who are on the verge of wanting to get in, but just don't know.

premier jewelryI've been to a friend's party and she got a lot of stuff for free so Im having my own on the 13th of this month. As for MK, my mom sold it and it is pretty pricey but is good stuff. I just had an Arbonne party....talk about expense! It's supposed to be good and I'm just trying it so I'll have to let you know on that one. I did get a free ($72) night cream from the consultant but a lot of people wouldn't buy it when I showed them the catalog....the prices scared them. We'll see. I used to sell Avon....I never made money at that. The girl that signed me up....brought over the agreement slip and I signed it and never saw her again. I guess that's why I love PC so much. The meetings and help from everyone. Such support, I wouldn't want to sell anything else! Not to mention the free product and great friends I've gotten through doing this.:)

Hey Anne,
I'm currently breastfeeding my second son. When I had my first son I didn't think I would be comfortable nursing in public. But another child later and it is no problem now. I always use a blanket in public and its very easy. To me its way more convenient than using a bottle. After you have a child it may be a little weird at first to nurse in public but before you know it you won't think twice about "whipping it out" in front of others. LOL (thats the phrase I use) to ease any tension when nursing in public. Good luck with trying to get pregnant and don't forget to have fun trying. :p

is there any company that compares to our??i would like to know!

djreed said:
Ok all of you computer guru's out there...... how about putting together a comparrison sheet of all the benefits of PC vs the others out there? MK, AV, etc. This would be a great help to those of us who encounter ones who are on the verge of wanting to get in, but just don't know.

I would love to see that!!! Still curious of how Silpada Jewelry works. The lady I know who sells it is so obnoxious about sharing that she thinks people prefer it and hate those presentations we do. She once bragged to me that she had a 10,000 show (yeah right. There's no way. I just don't get excited about their jewelry though I do have some classic earrings from them that I do love).

There was a Silpada demo at a show of mine and the rep said that the host got a 10% credit for whatever was spent. She was really nice and is considering PC.

AJPratt said:
There was a Silpada demo at a show of mine and the rep said that the host got a 10% credit for whatever was spent. She was really nice and is considering PC.

So for a $500 show all you get is $50?......Everytime I hear about a different host program - I am so thankful for ours!

I am a mother to a 3 yr old and a 3 month old. I nursed my 3 year old and also am nursing the baby. Nothing should be said to a guest who is feeding their child. There are ways to be descreet about it, the child has a right to eat just like you and I. If people made less of a big deal about nursing in public more woman would choose to do so. It is so much better for a baby.

Good luck trying to concieve/COLOR]

I used to sell Discovery Toys and Avon at one time...... No coaching not a dang thing to help you, I went to one meeting.... it was very werid, Becasue I moved back to WA and couldn't do a table at a fair that I paid for my Discovery Toy director called me on my cell phone and begin to chew me out for not showing up for a fair, and I then informed her I dont' live in UT anymore and it's impossible she hung up on me, and never called me again... needless to say I stoped selling after that. I LOVE PC !!! need I say more??

:) I sold everything from Avon, Party Lite, MK and also Close to My Heart and no with am starting up with PC. I am still a CTMH Consultant becuase I really love the products but businessis very slow. I am not having luck with that business. A friend of mine though started with PC and had been doing really well and then I saw the benefits of PC comapred to any of the other companies and was amazed at the differences. I will be signing next week and I am so excited to get started, I feel like everyone cooks so maybe this one will be the one for me. I want to be able to help my husband with paying a few bills and get out of the house to meet new people.:)

I sold Mary Kay, Stampin' Up!, Mannatech, I'm a wholesale buyer for Home Interiors and now I sell Pampered Chef.

I sure hit the jackpot picking PC on the first try!!

Lisa821 said:
I am a mother to a 3 yr old and a 3 month old. I nursed my 3 year old and also am nursing the baby. Nothing should be said to a guest who is feeding their child. There are ways to be descreet about it, the child has a right to eat just like you and I. If people made less of a big deal about nursing in public more woman would choose to do so. It is so much better for a baby.

Good luck trying to concieve/COLOR]

Lisa: You make a great point! I would just like some words for some wiser Cheffers on how to make the experience even more positive.:)

ChefBeckyD: Yes. She got $50 in free product. I think there might have been a host special as well.

Okay, it's kind of a running joke in our house what I'm going to sell next. Over a period of probably 20 years, I've sold Melaleuca, Excel, Lady Remington Jewelry, Avon (twice) and maybe something I've forgotten. The thing I always say is "I haven't lost money with any of the businesses I've tried" and it is true. I just haven't made enough to motivate me to stick with them. But I've been with TPC for 6 months now and I don't plan to quit. I've made more money than with any of the others and spent less. As one of my friends said to me, this is a good fit because I've always loved to cook. I'm sure there are lots of others with quite a few direct selling companies on their list.

Jeanie

Well this is my first post because this subject has really interested me. I haven't actually signed up yet, I am going to meet with someone tomorrow and was having second thoughts. I joined this site to find out more info so I knew what I was getting myself into. After this I now know the benefits of PC. I sold Avon and made no money I bought a ton of stuff that I never used and was not happy with. The makeup didn't stay on and the face cleanser was not for me. So I switched to MK, which I am still signed up with for the discount. I love the product but have so much trouble selling. Everyone sells MK and they want you to recruit more. I didn't spend much on inventory and am so glad that I didn't. I now am able to see the benefits of PC and wanted to thank whoever started this thread!
Oh- I know someone that sells Longaberger and she will tell you the hostess benifits and selling is horrible. I was also considering Lia Sophia (jewelry) but realized that it was so impracticle to own 30 set of earings :eek:
I intend on signing up tomorrow to be a new PC consultant! (I already have about 10 people ready to have shows so that makes me happy) I didn't have a single person with MK...

gilliandanielle said:
I sure hit the jackpot picking PC on the first try!!

Me too! After hearing about and doing research on some other DSA companies, I couldn't be happier with PC. It fits my lifestyle better than any other one.

mbh06 said:
Well this is my first post because this subject has really interested me. I haven't actually signed up yet, I am going to meet with someone tomorrow and was having second thoughts. I joined this site to find out more info so I knew what I was getting myself into. After this I now know the benefits of PC. I sold Avon and made no money I bought a ton of stuff that I never used and was not happy with. The makeup didn't stay on and the face cleanser was not for me. So I switched to MK, which I am still signed up with for the discount. I love the product but have so much trouble selling. Everyone sells MK and they want you to recruit more. I didn't spend much on inventory and am so glad that I didn't. I now am able to see the benefits of PC and wanted to thank whoever started this thread!
Oh- I know someone that sells Longaberger and she will tell you the hostess benifits and selling is horrible. I was also considering Lia Sophia (jewelry) but realized that it was so impracticle to own 30 set of earings :eek:
I intend on signing up tomorrow to be a new PC consultant! (I already have about 10 people ready to have shows so that makes me happy) I didn't have a single person with MK...
Awesome! That's so exciting! I'm glad you found the info here that helped you make your decision! I think you'll LOVE it! The sooner you're up and running, the sooner you'll start getting paid! Try to get those 10 shows on your calendar ASAP. It may make for a crazy schedule at first, but you'll earn tons of new products AND have a VERY solid foundation to your business. Good luck!!

Get this- I posted under the recruiting section also, but it seems to fit here as well:

I just met with friends who just started in a "Health" drink type of business. I asked how much they needed to front for the "starter" pkg...they said $3500 !!!! :eek:

They get $5000 (resale value) worth of this product to start and will be getting 40% profit. If you sign up at the lowest level with $525 to start, you get $700 worth of products (resale value) and you will only get a 25% profit ALWAYS....

OK, $700????? At the LEAST!!!

Oh yeah, and 5% of what you give the company to start goes straight to the recruiter to train you, so they gave their recruiter $250.

Can we say "PYRAMID"?

That's a load of crap! $3500???!!!

YOU couldnt get me to sign on that dotted line if you paid me too!!! Why would anyone want to pay that much money jsut to get started with their business???!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brookeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Intrepid_Chef