• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Pampered Chef Is so Much Better Than Mk

I don't remember how many levels...but if you don't reach a certain level in sales you have to pay back all the money you've made...and then some!I think Pampered Chef is great too! I've only been with them a few months but so far it's been pretty easy. You just have to be patient and have a lot of inventory. And I think their products are really cute!
I did MK when I was rather young (in my early 20's). I pushed so hard for bookings, met some nice people, but never made any money. I was always so bummed because I didn't have enough inventory. And like one said already, you get inventory and then 3 months later they do away with some color or some item and you're stuck.
The other problem i had was that I didn't work fast enough to turn that inventory over before the new came in.

The best thing about having some inventory though? It smelled good. :) Too bad that doesn't make you money.

After being in it for 5 years, I decided to get rid of the headache and QUIT!!! I could visibly see my husband's eyes light up when I announced to him that I was quitting. And for me as well, it was like a ton of bricks off my shoulders.

Do they still insist that you dress all up everyday you go out so you can look good at all times? While I still look my best (make up always on) when I go out, you will usually find me dressed in jeans. MK frowned upon that.

We've done other in home businesses (Amway, Primemerica, and Nikken), have only made money with PC.

The thing I love about PC is that there is not this HUGE focus on material things. The big focus is on our customer and the product. Then the good stuff that comes from that.

Like someone else said, PC is what pulls my heartstrings. I love the products, and I love being able to cook and share with others how to make that easier. Pretty simple, isn't it? :)

MK only put us in debt and drove me crazy. Everyone I looked at was a potential customer and I got so tired of seeing people that way. I just wanted to get away from it and it was the best thing I ever did.

Several years later I invited my old MK director to come and do a 'check up facial' for me. She came in and was rude to my husband telling him "Russell, get that dog out of here." I kid you not! And she was never invited in to my home again. In fact, I started selling PC and one of my PC customers sold MK and I invited HER to come over and I did a show for her. She was a lot of fun!

HEY!! That just reminded me to add her to my 100 names list. ;) (The nice MK person LOL).

Kris

Yep!
HotchefMama said:
Did you know if you don't have certain sales they WILL take that CAR away from you? They won't do that with a trip we have earned with the PC.....

Wouldn't that be terrible you earn a car one month and then its taken away from you when you don't have enough in sales....
Plus the expensive inventory.. And trying to remember colors, skin tones, and etc.. YIKES.. How do you keep it straight?
My 2 cents...

Carol Kout
Lawler, Ia :cool:

My Director ended up losing her Director title and "our trophy" because a bunch of us quit. That happened several years ago and she still hasn't got it back as far as I know. As a matter of fact, I heard she was still trying to sell Mary Kay and also Juice Plus now. Don't know much about Juice Plus. I used to work at a large label printing company and we had their contract. They used to send several address label orders a day for their reps, so they seem to be fairly large. I guess you could say we were their "Merrill".

Sharing my experiencePeoples : This was my xperience with MK. I did NOT want to buy inventory ( i cannot imagine thousands of dollars of MK in my closet ). They kept emphasizing that you can "borrow" or purchase from another consultant. My cousin wanted ( 5 ) handcremes to give as gifts. So I went to borrow from others. Wht did I get -- product with based in boxes, that were already opened. After that, I opted out. I could not have the heart to sell these to my cousin as it looked like ***

Brand new consultant here. I haven't been posting much because I don't even have my kit yet, but I had to weigh in on this one.

At 22, I've sold Avon, MK, and now Pampered Chef.

Avon got me a little bit of money, which I then used to buy more product for myself. I enjoyed it, but I can't say that I earned enough money to bank on. Maybe $20 or $30. Plus, their prices were changing on the same products every couple of weeks. I ended up with a lot of irate people. "That lipstick was $5.99 last week when I bought it. Now it's 2/$2.00."

Mary Kay... Oh buddy... I really got roped in on that one. I don't normally even wear makeup! Two weeks in, this self proclaimed "tomboy" was wearing skirtsuits, makeup, curled hair, pantyhose, and heels. Every day. To top it off, I felt like I was begging my family to buy face products they couldn't afford. When I wasn't making any money, my director asked who I was selling to. I told her friends and family. Her response- "You need to sell to people who have money and will purchase everything you use on them." And that I needed to spend $6,000 on inventory. When I initially stopped selling, my recruiter and my director basically stalked me. They'd show up at work, my house, call me every single day, and send at least 1 email a piece. I had to change jobs, move, and change my phone number!

I'm getting a lot of, "Not again." looks from friends and family, but they are being somewhat supportive. I have three bookings, so at least it's a start. I'm new, but I really believe that PC has the best benefits. :D

If You Know AnyoneHello ladies. Well in reply to everything, I have been there and done it all. I did MK when I was 18 and it was horrible, still paying on that one. Then when I was 18 started doing Avon, did it for about 4 years, and only made about $1000. I have been with PC for less than 1 month and have already made over $1200. No companies treat their reps as good as PC.

So if you know anyone that still sells Avon, that would like bags and samples give them my info, or if you do it. I have tons of stuff left over and I really need to get it out of my house!

PC is the most amazing company out there. I have not even been doing shows for a month and have made over $1200 dollars and have earned free cookware and free products. I can't wait until the incentive trip next year, def. gives us something to shoot for. Good luck to everyone.

Jenny Phillips
[email protected]

amerz_5 said:
Brand new consultant here. I haven't been posting much because I don't even have my kit yet, but I had to weigh in on this one.

At 22, I've sold Avon, MK, and now Pampered Chef.

Avon got me a little bit of money, which I then used to buy more product for myself. I enjoyed it, but I can't say that I earned enough money to bank on. Maybe $20 or $30. Plus, their prices were changing on the same products every couple of weeks. I ended up with a lot of irate people. "That lipstick was $5.99 last week when I bought it. Now it's 2/$2.00."

Mary Kay... Oh buddy... I really got roped in on that one. I don't normally even wear makeup! Two weeks in, this self proclaimed "tomboy" was wearing skirtsuits, makeup, curled hair, pantyhose, and heels. Every day. To top it off, I felt like I was begging my family to buy face products they couldn't afford. When I wasn't making any money, my director asked who I was selling to. I told her friends and family. Her response- "You need to sell to people who have money and will purchase everything you use on them." And that I needed to spend $6,000 on inventory. When I initially stopped selling, my recruiter and my director basically stalked me. They'd show up at work, my house, call me every single day, and send at least 1 email a piece. I had to change jobs, move, and change my phone number!

I'm getting a lot of, "Not again." looks from friends and family, but they are being somewhat supportive. I have three bookings, so at least it's a start. I'm new, but I really believe that PC has the best benefits. :D

Avon will give you credit for an item if you order it in say campaign 3 and it is cheaper in campaign 5 they will credit you the difference, 2 campaigns back and 2 campaigns ahead, you just have to email them or call them. I am an avon representative also along with stanley home products.

As much as I love Pampered Chef and I don't know much about Mary Kay, I do feel the need to defend a friend of mine who sells Mary Kay and is very successful at it. She is a great friend of mine who is a faithful Christian and does not fit the MK stereotype may of you are talking about. She is not the least bit pushy or stuck up and I do buy products from her occasionally. In fact she's doing a class for me in a couple of weeks (she did a Kitchen Show for me last month). I have another good friend who sold MK about 6 years ago and got out of it because of the inventory and hassles. Just my 2 cents!

By the way...I wonder what the MK people are saying about us PC people! :D

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

I am also a Home Interior Displayer (just for my discount). You get 45% commission, BUT....you have to buy all the host gifts out of that !! The free and 55% off items !!! You get no changeover kit and the catalogs change 4 times a year, and of course there are the monthly mini cats too. It's also a bookkeeping nightmare for me !!! You get no 1099....you have to keep track of everything yourself...no computer program. You keep the money off the top and just pay HI the 55% for the products (plus what you owe for hostess). So at the end of the year, if you haven't kept EXCELLENT records, you'll have no idea how much you made !!!

That's why I just order candles for me and my friends.....

Had to weigh in here...I have a PL consultant that I absolutely love, she is attentive, works hard to please her customers and she's from Oklahoma...anyhoo, I ordered 2 of the hurricane things with candles for my MIL and mother for X-Mas, they were backordered of course! My PL consultant gave me the extra she had and called every PL consultant she knew of in a 100 mile radius to find me another one so that I could have both by X-Mas, then she drove over 60 miles round trip just to deliver them to me!

On another note, when I joined PC I researched a lot of companies and PC was definately the easiest with the best bennies for both consultants and hosts in my mind. I have several friends that have bounced around from direct sell company to direct sell company before they found PC. I love this company and their products, that's why I could never leave.

I tried getting a neighbor to sell PC. I found out she went with MK. I am wondering after reading all this how long she will last. I wouldn't want to deal with all the delivering, paying shipping, etc. Right now I have had an eye cream ordered from her for almost 2 weeks and still don't have it. She didn't have it in stock, was going to try and get it from another consultant and if she couldn't then she was going to have to order it but didn't want to pay the $8.xx shipping for just the eye cream so she was going to wait until she could afford to buy her samples and order the eye cream then :eek:

Karo said:
Thank you, each of you, for contributing to this information. No matter where we have been before PC or even now with PC, it is always better to have a little knowledge about things that often come up in conversations with customers, competitors, friends and family. I don't believe there was any thing shared here that was not valueable on several levels, and I hope no one goes away hurt because I found the information to be very useful. Not as a club to use on my next MK, PL, or SL selling friend... but as a tool to develop the words I will use to promote Pampered Chef to them.
It's important that whatever we do in life makes us happy, and if they are happy with what they are doing, I am happy for them. But along life's road circumstances change. Having some knowledge will allow me to express genuine interest when that time comes, and knowing how our benefits match may help me gently recruit a friend rather than offend a competitor. :)
Whatever you do, do it well... and be open to anything that expands your knowledge about how to reach and help others. Thanks again!

Karo, how will you share the differences with them do you think? I think at my next party, I'll just mention no deliveries, stock, $200 min every two months... etc.

Does anyone know the requirements and perks of Silpada Jewelry or Creative Memory businesses?

I don't know about Silpada but I did have a friend who did CM, she only did it for the discount. She said that doing parties was too difficult because she had to carry stock with her to the shows. She likened it to MK but with scrapbooking.

jenniferlynne said:
I think the cars are a big reason why the "little people" in Mary Kay don't get great things like we do in PC. The company spends so much on these cars for the higher ups, there is nothing left for them. Did you know they have 3 levels of cars? Back when I was into it and attending meetings, the first car was a red Grand Am, the second was a Pink Grand Prix and the 3rd was the Cadillac. I think they ended up switching the Grand Prix to a white Blazer with a special gold trim only available to MK consultants.

My director had a red Grand Am and she was pushing us hard because she wanted the Grand Prix. Every meeting she would say that we should look at her car as our trophy on wheels for all our hard work. You have no idea how many times I almost asked her if I could borrow "our" trophy for the weekend. :D

I have a friend who sells "Beauty Control" who keeps talking up the Mustang they get (with the words "Beauty Control" on the car) that they never have to give back. I'm glad PC doesn't give away cars (with advertisements) ~ just wouldn't feel good about trying to excite people about the "company car" (with all the advertisements on it). Any one know their requirements? My friend seems to like it - it's spa & make-up products. I LOVE the hand repair cream!

soonerchef said:
I don't know about Silpada but I did have a friend who did CM, she only did it for the discount. She said that doing parties was too difficult because she had to carry stock with her to the shows. She likened it to MK but with scrapbooking.

My Silpada friend keeps trying to indirectly sell me on it as a business, saying most people are so happy there's no "presentation". I am so happy knowing that there are people like me who always enjoyed PC parties because of the cooking demo. And I just feel justified buying cooking tools. I do like and support ALL home businesses (my jewelry is Silpada, my make-up mostly MK, my creams Beauty Control). I just know PC is the right choice for me. I've gotten a recruit who just wants to do bridal registries - no presentations. :)

its_me_susan said:
Karo, how will you share the differences with them do you think? I think at my next party, I'll just mention no deliveries, stock, $200 min every two months... etc.

Does anyone know the requirements and perks of Silpada Jewelry or Creative Memory businesses?
I have a friend who does CM, but just for discounts too. She doesn't even do the classes/parties. She has enough business from scrapbooking friends replenishing their supplies that she keeps it going. I don't know all the specifics, but I think they pay any host benefits out of their commission. So, their commission rate may start out higher, but some of it gets eaten by host benefits. I don't know the minimum, but it's something like they have to submit $400 in sales every quarter maybe?? :confused:

I Have the Tools said:
I did MK when I was rather young (in my early 20's). I pushed so hard for bookings, met some nice people, but never made any money. I was always so bummed because I didn't have enough inventory. And like one said already, you get inventory and then 3 months later they do away with some color or some item and you're stuck.
The other problem i had was that I didn't work fast enough to turn that inventory over before the new came in.

The best thing about having some inventory though? It smelled good. :) Too bad that doesn't make you money.

Kris

If you still have alot of inventory, you could always donate them to a "basket" for silent auctions and free gift bags? One of my MK friends did that at the last fundraiser we did for a silent auction to raise money for a local 7 year oild with cancer.

I have a coupple of friends who sell CM and would love for me to sell it as well because I know the products as well as they do ! If I ever left PC which I hope I never will, I love it too much I would considder CM. I really believe in the Co.

Anyhow.... CM cons. Kit is usually $195 right now they have a deal for $115 I think. They get stuff they need to demo and a few basics to sell.
They buy their supplies at 30% off and mark them up to retail. For hosts they do pay for host bennies but when they have their specials I know they get them at a pretty good price Like last summer they had a very cute 7x7 for hosts. Reg cost would have been $23 I think Cons got it for like $7.

Reasons I do not want to do CM...
They must keep some Inventory. Many near me don't keep too much since we are only 1/2 hr from St. Cloud MN where they have their headquarters.
CM does not provide software for keeping track of inventory.
Consultants have to deliver products to hosts at least...
I'm not positive about their minmums but I think they have to sell $500 retail every quarter.
As a new Cm I know they have some good incentives for sales but many times they spend the money themselves to reach those goals so it can be very expensive for start up....

As with any company it also depends on how you run your business.Isn't that the great thing about having your own business! I know at times I have invested alot of money in my PC business and not always wisely. When I start recruiting I hope to be able to give them better guidance than I got.

Thats my $.02

Paulette
on a snowy MN morning.... :)

jenniferlynne said:
Ok, if you are thinking of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, but just can't make up your mind, read this!!!

I used to be a Mary Kay consultant. Actually, I still am, but I don't sell it, I just order for myself and 2 family members about every 6 months.
First of all, Mary Kay pushes you to keep inventory. You can't submit individual orders. Minimum order is $400 retail. So, you have to spend thousands of dollars "guessing" what you think your customers will buy and keep it in stock. Then, they like to up and discontinue things or change the shape of the compacts, so the eyeshadows and blushes you have in stock no longer fit the new compacts. So, who is stuck with the discontinued stuff? YOU ARE!!! :mad:
Pampered Chef is the one that takes care of the discontinued items that are left in supply. Not us!! :)

Here is another. Mary Kay gets a lot of consultants to sign up, because they tell you that you will make 50% off of what you sell. Buy a cleanser for $5 and sell it for $10. People sign up like crazy when they hear this. What they don't tell you is, YOU are the one that pays for what a host earns at her party and YOU are the one that pays for all the shipping. So, you don't really make 50% profit. What if a customer wants to pay with a credit card since you already have the product in stock? That's easy. They give you a special ID# and and 800# where you can call it in. Then they will cut you a check. What they don't tell you is, every time you do that, they take a percentage of that money for a fee. So why would you want anyone to spend a lot and pay by credit card?
With Pampered Chef, their is no inventory. Customers pay for shipping. PC pays for what the host earns, and you don't get penalized because someone wants to use a credit card!

Here's another. MK consultants don't want more than 6 guests at a show!! The company tells you that it's too hard to pay individual attention to all the guests if there are too many. The whole time I was an MK consultant, I had 1 $500 show and my average show was about $200. As a PC consultant, my average show is $500!!

Ok, just one more. When MK comes out with new products they will sometimes let you earn a few of them free. PC always lets you ears ALL of them for free. Here is just a comparison of each of their latest incentives:

Mary Kay-Order $7,200 retail (now this is all at once and not over a period of time), receive $126 in retail products free. :eek:

Pampered Chef December incentive-Sell $5000 retail over the course of one month and receive products valued at MORE than $350 in retail products PLUS 2,500 points towards the new Incentive Program.

If any of you know people that may be thinking of joining MK, stop them and tell them about PC instead. I don't remember the exact details, but it also seems like you have to have some unbelievable number of recruits to become a director too. Like 15-20 or something. I don't remember for sure.

Pampered Chef is the Best!!!! :D

Just posting to bump this interesting thread up. - Anyone know what the jewelry home business commissions & requirements look like?

Premier Jewelry/Wildtree HerbsWell, I know a girl that sells it. I've never asked her what she makes, but she has told another girl that I know that she gets to keep 50% of what she sells. The girl that told me this is my recruit with PC, but this other girl had tried to sign her up for Premier Jewelry. She said the start up costs were several hundred dollars because of the jewelry that comes in the kit.

I just started selling Wildtree Herbs. I love the products, they are great, but the company is nothing like PC. They are a fairly new company and tripled in size last year (about 500 consultants now), so they are still just getting started. The turnaround times are so fast they make your head spin. I placed an order for a girl on a Sunday night, and it was delivered to her on Tuesday. When I signed up, my kit shipped the very next day and it was shipped overnight. I couldn't believe it. Another good thing is you earn points for everything you sell, and then you can turn around and use your points to buy your supplies. They are a good company, they just don't have all the little extra perks that PC has yet. I think in time they will. It cost me $100 to sign up and my commission is 25% starting out. The starter kit is worth about $500, plus the month I signed they had a special and I got the 12-pack sample kit free, which is a $50 value.

Creative MemoriesI used to be a Creative Memories Consultant and let me tell you you make NO money at all. The starter kit is over $195. You have to keep an inventory and in order to get free stuff you have to sell a lot in one month (I can't remember the number). Month 1 starts at a lower level and then Month 2 is higher and so is month 3. They tell you that you can make money but you don't. I did it for over a year and made NOTHING because you have to place a $500 order every three months to stay active so you have to guess what people will want and then try to sell it. With PC you don't have to do that. I LOVE PC!!!!!!

my 2 centsWell I actually am a Tupperware consultant and at first loved it.... BUT then when new cattys came out, it was just the same items, different colors. Our goal is only $250 every 4 months (roll over) so its not that bad or hard to stay active. I just gather up some orders for family and friends and past customers, and im set for another 4 months!

I joined PC in Jan/Feb and LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I have made more money selling PC than TW. I even dont regret buying the items for me as i did with TW!!

My recruiter sells PC, Beauticontrol, Home Interiors and i think is still active with Mary Kay. And used to sell Avon. By all means, PC and HI has been the best for her.

I can tell you first hand that PC has the best perks that any other direct sales company has. Just look at the SS month bonuses. With TW, when you make your SS goal (its called 30/60/90 in TW) you get between $100 - $125 worth of TW BUT you have to pay a $25 co pay!! AND pay tax and shipping!!!

When we make our goal for PC, it just ships... FREE!! So i love it. I have about 90% of the items in the catalog and use them everyday! I say 90% since i dont have all the SA sets, just a couple and i have about 10 pieces of stoneware.. not all the bakers. But thats about it! I love every piece. Oh, i dont have all the other cookware since i have all the executive line (and then some...!!)

I'm glad that I made the choice to sell PC. It has changed my life! I also learned how to cook!! ha ha ha!! or at least pretend to!! LOL

I love TW, just not as much as selling PC. They are both great products and its great that TW has a lifetime warranty on EVERYTHING! So thats a huge plus! I just try to stay active as much as i can, but will not spend my own money to stay active. It would defeat my purpose. It basically breaks down to $63 a month to stay active with TW, which can just be one set of Modular mates!

I am not to fond of make up companies just because i am very sensative to certain chemicals. So never been wanting to try those companies. As for Creative Memories, my friend used to do very well with it. BUT you do have to have a lot of inventory to have a show. But she loved it. I was thinking about doing that a couple years ago just for the discounts, but just follow through!

One more thingWith TW, you just have to send in the consultant price of the items and you pocket the rest of the commission. Instead of PC sending you a commission check. So that part is kinda nice. I dont need to wait 2 weeks for the commission, i get it as soon as i collect the money!

jenniferlynne said:
:eek: Bat Poop!! That is crazy. Mary Kay is very animal friendly. No testing or anything like that. That is a funny story though.

Yeah, it's one thing for us to chat back and forth like this on a website just for PC, but to slam the competition in front of other people is not cool or professional.

I had one of the Taste of Home Entertaining people email me the other day about signing up with them. She got my name from here. I'm sure several of you have or will probably hear from her. She read what I wrote about Mary Kay and used it to her advantage. She was, of course, very careful about not saying anything bad about PC. I'm sure she knows that would tick us straight off. She had an attachment on the email showing what all was in the starter package. It did not appeal to me at all and I love the whole entertaining thing.

I wonder if this is any better (the spam) now that we are a paid for site? An Athome rep (I think it was athome - it's a cross between PC and Southern Living) emailed me (and I'm sure EVERYONE ELSE here) to start up with their new and upcoming company. Their stuff was beautiful ~ but at $250+ (I don't remember the exact start up cost but it was soooo much more than PC, and frankly I love what I'm doing and wouldn't want to start all over - I love the practicality and fun of our products, the fact that using these products actually benefits my entire family! I was mostly surprised they used this site to find me, and thought it was a little (flattering but) cheesy that they were trying to "steal me".

While were on this subject...Does anyone have any insight into "Cookie Lee Jewelry" program? I have more than once bumped into a PC consultant who has turned that direction?

My CM consultant said she gets 30%, and any party under $500 she has to pay the host benefits for. She said she make no money, but doesn't mind as long as she doesn't spend more than her regular scrapbook budget. Also she has to pay a fee to submit an order, and a credit card fee.

TPC2B said:
Does anyone have any insight into "Cookie Lee Jewelry" program? I have more than once bumped into a PC consultant who has turned that direction?

My host for tomorrow night sells jewelery, and I think it is Cookie Lee. I'll see what info I can find out and let everyone know!

cmdtrgd said:
My host for tomorrow night sells jewelery, and I think it is Cookie Lee. I'll see what info I can find out and let everyone know!

Cookie Lee earns 50% but they are expected to carry a lot of inventory.

I hear ya!I am also a personal use consultant stuck with a $5000.00 inventory loan due to MK. I was very active until about 6 months ago when I got tired of spending every penny I made on Seminars, Trainings, more inventory, and several returns. I decided to come back to PC and Im so glad. Im 7 months pregnant and still able to book shows, spend little money out of pocket, and make my husband happy because I am home so much more now. Good luck to you and I totally agree with ya!! And yes, it takes between 15-20 team members to become a director, along with an unimaginable amount of sales in a 4 month period.

HAJONES80 said:
I am also a personal use consultant stuck with a $5000.00 inventory loan due to MK. I was very active until about 6 months ago when I got tired of spending every penny I made on Seminars, Trainings, more inventory, and several returns. I decided to come back to PC and Im so glad. Im 7 months pregnant and still able to book shows, spend little money out of pocket, and make my husband happy because I am home so much more now. Good luck to you and I totally agree with ya!! And yes, it takes between 15-20 team members to become a director, along with an unimaginable amount of sales in a 4 month period.
Cool! Welcome back to PC!! And congrats on your pregnancy!:)

I would think the best advantage PC has over MK is we don't have to stock inventory. I mean really, who can afford that, or has room to store it. Not me. I love everything PC has to offer, I will never move on to another company.

I am so glad that this was posted. I, like many of you, used to sell MK. I love the product, the belief behind the company, etc. I started MK and day number 1, had over $3600 in credit card debt. I still have over $1500 of old product sitting on shelves. And still working hard to pay off the credit card. I found it extremely hard to recruit, find anyone to host a show, and to sell anything but lipsticks. I have earned more $ in 1 month with PC than I did my entire 2 years with MK. I love PC and hope to be selling it for many, many years. cookn' katie

Sk8Mom209 said:
I would think the best advantage PC has over MK is we don't have to stock inventory. I mean really, who can afford that, or has room to store it. Not me. I love everything PC has to offer, I will never move on to another company.

From what I've read here also:
* no deliveries!
* soooooo much in monthly rewards and incentives.
* PC pays for our hostess gifts.
* No minimum order to transmit.
* Rewards not taken away.

its_me_susan said:
From what I've read here also:
* no deliveries!
* soooooo much in monthly rewards and incentives.
* PC pays for our hostess gifts.
* No minimum order to transmit.
* Rewards not taken away.

What company takes the rewards away? Is it MK with the car?

soonerchef said:
What company takes the rewards away? Is it MK with the car?

Yup and I think in this thread there were others (I could be wrong). i am just still floored by all the incentives.... This is my first full year and I just earned the 5-pieced set and double burner griddle! I am still awed by that opportunity/reward/recognition! Wow!

One of my recruits is having her first cooking show tomorrow night - her friend who signed on to do MK and is soooo regretting it. She can't get anyone to have a MK party. And her husband is not too happy with her. She has a closet full of inventory and a baby due in July. My recruit is going to do a MK party for her to try to help her get rid of some of the stuff and then this host wants to do PC! I would love to sign her on but I am going to let my recruit do that and I will really be working on my downline!

My recruit is trying to get her to go ahead and sign up and use some kit-credit towards her kit - with the incentive that some of her first commision check from PC will help her pay off the debt on her credit card from MK. Only thing is with the baby, timing is just not great right now.

We can do catalog/online shows that actually work! I have many people who are interested but think they don't have the time or can't move stuff because of injuries. I tell them they could do online shows with their personal website and also catalog shows. They don't have to leave their house at all! Of course, there is a lot of time that goes into these shows. Once they are ready or able to do shows at other people's houses, they can do it. They could also do shows at their own home.

Hi, Jennifer Medeiros. I love your post! I also own about 90% of Pampered Chef products. My story might be a little different than most. I joined cuz I was a lousy cook, plus I had no interest in cooking. But, do I love to eat! Then I decided to do an internet search, plus there was an article in the paper about Pampered Chef. As a result the company sent me a a consultant who invited me to one of her shows. When I saw that garlic press, I said "sold"! I love it. Have been cooking ever since. I still don't love cooking but I've made so many wonderful recipes. I've gotten my sister involved and my cousin, my neighbor and my good friend. We're all consultants now.

Where in Arizona are you? Maybe I'll take a road trip and come and see you!

Best,

Eva Suzuki
www.pamperedchef.biz/evasuzuki

Last edited:
ringocat22 said:
the host brought her baby in and started breast feeding, uncovered, right in the middle of the party. (I have no problem with breast feeding your kids, but for heavens sake, cover up!)

uhm *wow*

FTR--I have been a host before, and I have nursed my baby at my pampered chef party...so being a PC consultant doesn't exclude you from seeing that.

anyone know anything about the Body Shoppe?

Just that the consultants in my area were very badly hurt when they opened an actual shop in the mall here. Glad PC will never do that!

cmdtrgd said:
We can do catalog/online shows that actually work! I have many people who are interested but think they don't have the time or can't move stuff because of injuries. I tell them they could do online shows with their personal website and also catalog shows. They don't have to leave their house at all! Of course, there is a lot of time that goes into these shows. Once they are ready or able to do shows at other people's houses, they can do it. They could also do shows at their own home.

My 1st two months were ALL catalog shows! I earned $170 my 1st month and $140 the second.... didn't leave my house & my hosts did all the work! Tell her it works! I never wanted to do cooking shows, but now I'm hooked! :)

jessica_momof6 said:
anyone know anything about the Body Shoppe?

What about Beauty Control? I don't dare ask my friend... she tries to convert me every chance she can. I do love their lotion for my feet!!!
:)

Big Yellow Box by...Crayola,

I just got an invite to a Big Yellow Box open house. This person that I know (have not seen in a while) is now a consultant. I went on her website and looked at the products but there is no prices listed. There host benefits are not that great and they don't tell you anything about what you get as a consultant on there website.

I have never been to or seen any of the products by Crayola so I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I like to have some fun things in the summer to do with my son when it's raining out. So I was thinking of maybe getting something from her. But I wanted to know more about the products. I have left her a message and I will talk to her but of course since she is selling the products they will be "wonderful":D

Michelle

I would just go to her open house and check it out...or ask her for a catalog. As consultants, we think our products are wonderful and of course ours are, but not everyone thinks so. But you won't know till you check it out. I have actually never heard of Yellow Box before.

I've been reading this post for awhile now... there seems to be lots of reasons why PC is the best:) Well, I had a Mary Kay party very recently just because she said she'd do one for me.
At the Mary Kay show, I had about 250.00 in sales. Which I think is good for 3 guests (they say don't invite many) and I only got $20.00 in free stuff:rolleyes: That wasn't even worth my time. Anyway, for hosts Mary Kay isn't all that.. JMO

Crayola

Their stuff if decent. It's nice that everything you need to make a craft is included in the kits. I had a party last summer. They even sent me a bouquet of flowers the next month (the company, not the consultant!) I have a friend who sells this. She told me that one of our ex top-sellers (Sue Rusch, I think) is their new head honcho, and that they have been changing their hostess plans to resemble ours!

I think the consulants start at 25%. That was what it was before all the changes, so I don't know what it is now.

If you like crafty things, this is a really cute party to do.

I agree! PC is truely the BEST!!!:D I got caught up in the BeautiControl thing; and they are just like Mary Kay with having the consultant keep inventory, etc.

Big Yellow BoxI think BYB has nice stuff - but it is so expensive! I'm always looking for inexpensive crafts to do - I think I saw maybe 4-5 craft projects in their catalog for under $20 = They have a really cute Piggy Bank that you paint yourself - but it's $35!! I just don't have that kind of $ to spend on kids crafts! And there is NOTHING in their catalog for under $15.00!

ringocat22 said:
The last straw for me was when I had a show with three ladies who paid absolutely no attention to me, pretty much ignored me the whole time, and the host brought her baby in and started breast feeding, uncovered, right in the middle of the party. (I have no problem with breast feeding your kids, but for heavens sake, cover up!)

Yikes! I didn't take it that the consultant was against breast feeding. She was just upset that no one was paying attention to the demo, and expressing that she's a little uncomfortable with seeing breast feeding. There is nothing wrong with being uncomfortable when someone you don't know starts breast feeding with her breast in plain view, in her home or wherever. It would certainly take me by surprise if I was in the middle of a show. Of course, the host has a right to feed her child but the consultant has the right to be a little uncomfortable. And yes, the consultant is a guest in the home, but she still can be uncomfortable. If something makes you uncomfortable, its ok. Once you become edcuated and learn more about something that's when you get over the discomfort. I would love to hear some suggestions from the more experienced consultants about how they would approach breast feeding at a show.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think BYB has nice stuff - but it is so expensive! I'm always looking for inexpensive crafts to do - I think I saw maybe 4-5 craft projects in their catalog for under $20 = They have a really cute Piggy Bank that you paint yourself - but it's $35!! I just don't have that kind of $ to spend on kids crafts! And there is NOTHING in their catalog for under $15.00!

BYB is expensive and in my mind if you want to do crafts then you can buy a ton of them from orientaltrading.com....love this site, we get our do-it-yourself X-Mas ornaments from there every year and they have super cute summer stuff too (I think that the piggy bank that you can paint was $6).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brookeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Intrepid_Chef