• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting August Newsletter Sending Issues - Tips and Tricks

In summary, there are several factors that could be causing issues with your baking and roasting. To prevent burning food in the oven, make sure it is preheated and use an oven thermometer. Cookies spreading too much can be fixed by accurately measuring ingredients and chilling the dough. A sinking cake may be due to expired baking powder, overmixing, or incorrect oven temperature. Soggy vegetables can be avoided by not overcrowding the pan and using enough oil. And for a flaky pie crust, handle the dough carefully, use enough fat, and chill it before rolling.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, I have tried to send my newsletter for August. I always send it to my DH email first to make sure everything looks right. I have tried to copy in and add it to the body(like I do every other month), but it didn't work. Then I tried to do it as an attachment, which didn't work either. When I open the email in either case it all comes out twisted and all over the place. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

What program are you using to send the email? If you are using hotmail/yahoo something else in a browser, then I'd advise closing all browsers and clearing your cache and trying again. If you are using a mail client like outlook, trying closing it, reopening, and starting over from scratch with a new email.

I use outlook. I did close it out after the first email with it in the body because I have to open my husbands profile in our computer so I am totally logged out of mine. I then tried to send it as the attachment.

That is weird. Do you want to post the attachment here and see if I can open it, save it, and repost it, and see if that solves your problem.

LOL, I alsmost suggested you email it to me and then remembered that you can't attach it right now.

I can't get it to upload. I guess I will have to wait til the computer genious comes home in the a.m.:D

Hmm, that is weird. Good luck.

Look at the email that your husband got using print preview and see if it straightens it. I get some emails like that and using print preview is the only way I can see them.

Why is my food burning in the oven?

There could be a few reasons for this. Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature and use an oven thermometer to ensure accuracy. Also, check that your baking dish is the correct size and material for the recipe. Avoid overcrowding the oven and make sure to rotate the dish during cooking.

Why are my cookies spreading too much?

This could be due to using too much butter or not enough flour in the dough. Make sure to measure ingredients accurately and follow the recipe closely. Also, try chilling the dough before baking and using a silicone baking mat to prevent excessive spreading.

Why is my cake sinking in the middle?

Sinking cakes can be caused by several factors. Check that your baking powder or soda is not expired and that you are using the correct amount. Overmixing the batter can also result in a sunken cake. Lastly, make sure your oven temperature is correct and the cake is not underbaked.

Why are my vegetables soggy when I roast them?

Soggy vegetables are often the result of overcrowding the pan or not using enough oil. Make sure there is enough space between the vegetables for air to circulate and use a generous amount of oil to coat them. Also, try roasting at a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time.

Why is my pie crust tough and not flaky?

This could be due to overworking the dough, not using enough fat, or not chilling the dough before rolling it out. Make sure to follow the recipe for the correct ratio of ingredients and handle the dough as little as possible. Chilling the dough helps to prevent the gluten from developing and results in a flakier crust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • PChefRenee
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies