• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do so Few Have Pampered Chef Credit Card?

In summary, it seems that there are a lot of consultants who do not have the PC credit card. Some may not have qualified for it, while others may have chosen not to open a new credit account. The PC debit card can be used for PC transactions, but some consultants prefer to use their own debit or credit cards. Having multiple credit cards can potentially hurt one's credit report, but it can also improve one's FICO score if the credit is not being used. Ultimately, it is a personal decision whether or not to open a new credit account for PC transactions.
sfdavis918 said:
I'm just curious, for those of you that pay it off in full each month, do you have an emergency fund? Like, what would happen one month if your car died and needed repair. Would you have the cash to pay for the repairs and pay off your card that month?

I do - I have money in the bank for emergencies and what nots. I only ever put on a CC what I KNOW I have in teh back to cover it and still leave me plenty in the back for emergencies.

BethCooks4U said:
If the check didn't clear I would have time to collect the payment from the guest or return the products at no charge to me so I feel it's very secure - and for me better than if I used the debit card - some checks take WEEKS to clear. I have never had anyone not pay me for a bounced check (well, once... but I had the product).

I am sure that the studies are correct but I do not use it for anything but things I need to for my business and keep track of what I got this month so I can cover it all. As far as an emergency fund - I keep my PC finances separate from the household finances and I pay particular things with the money I earn with PC (my car payment, all vacations, things like that). The household account would take care any emergencies.

It all goes back to the individual's way of handling their money. How I do it is very different from how someone else does. It doesn't make me right, or them right. It's what works for you.

I thin kyou & I have VERY similar money management styles, Beth.

I just want to apologize to anyone I may have insulted by assuming that the interest rate is the same for all. I didn't realize that it was not a universal rate. duh! In fact now that I think about it, it may have been slightly higher at first for me too - as I said, it didn't really matter since I pay it off every month and never pay any interest.

I hope I didn't make anyone feel bad or uncomfortable with my postings.

BethCooks4U said:
I just want to apologize to anyone I may have insulted by assuming that the interest rate is the same for all. I didn't realize that it was not a universal rate. duh! In fact now that I think about it, it may have been slightly higher at first for me too - as I said, it didn't really matter since I pay it off every month and never pay any interest.

I hope I didn't make anyone feel bad or uncomfortable with my postings.

I didn't feel bad - if I had I wouldn't have posted that I got the crappy rate! ;) (Actually when I looked it up on Consultant's Corner it did list 3 possible rates, so I knew I might not qualify for the best one - and I just figured everyone knew that since it was out on the site. I forgot some of you may have signed up a long time ago and forgotten that detail.) Anyway, I freely admit I had credit problems before, and joined a debt management program to get out of trouble and not have to declare bankruptcy. The program taught me to only spend what I had money in the bank to cover, and since I finished it I have been very careful to not get into trouble again. I don't mind talking about it because if anyone else is in the position I was in, I want them to know about what worked for me and that I don't mind talking about it.

Now, the PC CC will be a further test of my new resolve - I just need to be very strict in not using it for non-PC purchases, and paying it off every month!

jbachen said:
I didn't feel bad - if I had I wouldn't have posted that I got the crappy rate! ;) (Actually when I looked it up on Consultant's Corner it did list 3 possible rates, so I knew I might not qualify for the best one - and I just figured everyone knew that since it was out on the site. I forgot some of you may have signed up a long time ago and forgotten that detail.) Anyway, I freely admit I had credit problems before, and joined a debt management program to get out of trouble and not have to declare bankruptcy. The program taught me to only spend what I had money in the bank to cover, and since I finished it I have been very careful to not get into trouble again. I don't mind talking about it because if anyone else is in the position I was in, I want them to know about what worked for me and that I don't mind talking about it.

Now, the PC CC will be a further test of my new resolve - I just need to be very strict in not using it for non-PC purchases, and paying it off every month!
Good for you! We all make mistakes or errors in judgement and it's a great feeling to be able to say "I overcame that". You are a good example for us all! :cool:

I don't qualify for it or any other cc at the moment. My ex left me with a beautiful black mark on my credit report. Bankruptcy b/c he had a spending problem & didn't want to pay it off. I had already been talking with a credit counseling place to pay off 1/2. I've only got 3-5 more years before it comes off. :(

I pay cash for everything. I don't care about my credit score. I personally hate cc's. There are not enough rewards in the world to get me to have a cc. I don't like being enslaved to a cc company and thats how I feel when I've used cc's in the past. I love the feeling of knowing I own "it" and not having a bill come later. For example, my dishwasher broke and I had to wait and save to buy a new one. I finally did and it felt great to pay cash! No bill at the end of the month.On the other hand, if you are disciplined enough to have cc's paid off every month I say more power to you! Thats great.

Holy Cow!!! I just got this card for ease with Business transactions adn was curious about my rate 20%!!! Holy CR*P! My credit is not pristine but I have done a ton of rebuilding over the last 15 years and I would not say my credit is bad by any means. I will definetly be paying off this baby every month (was planning to anyway)!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • karen_anne1