• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Why Do Guests Have to Pay S&H....

In summary, when the whole order will be shipped to the host? Fanny can't answer that question. Why can't she (host) pay one flat rate for everything?
ilovpc
Gold Member
when the whole order will be shipped to the host? Why can't she (host) pay one flat rate for everything?"

One of my hostess just called me to ask these questions which were brought up by one of her guests (outside order). I honestly didn't know what to answer as NO ONE else have ever complained about the S&H.

Can you please help me here? I don't know how to answer that correctly
TIA,
Fanny

Not sure of the best thing to say. But, just think how much it costs to mail a simple host packet out using the USPS. FedEx and those other shipping companies usually cost even more. Shipping charges on all those orders could get really costly, I think. And I imagine it's worse than what it is for us now. People can buy the entire catalog on one order and still only have to pay $4.25! That is a DEAL! :D

And I love that our hosts don't have to pay shipping at all! It's another perk for our hosts.And, $4.25 is a lot cheaper than the direct shipping price if people have it shipped to their door. So they are getting a discount by having it sent to the host.

You can always let them know that in Alaska customers pay 15% + $2 for S&H

The $4.25 shipping is a way to split up the shipping charge among all the people ordering for a show. As others have said, shipping is higher than that when you order anything online, etc. Of course, the guest is able to choose direct shipping for the higher charge.

Tastefully Simple does direct ship on all orders whether you're at a show or not. :(

costs me $5 to mail a host packet so $4.25 is cheap. and if they don't want to pay the shipping, tell them to host their own party (don't really say that, but wouldn't you like to?)

I closed a catalog party today with my hair dresser. And she flat out told me that they all decided it was crazy to each pay shipping when it was all going to the same place. So they all combined their order into one. and paid shipping for $153 in orders, then the host got hers free. What was I supposed to say to her?
I did mention that with them all combining their orders that their would only be one receipt and that could be a problem if they ever should need to replace parts or return a product. She said she didn't think that would be an issue. And apparently not, because 95 of the $153 spent was on spices and rubs!!!
It really annoyed me when I went to pick up the order and she had not collected money from all of them, so 2 girls came up to me and said...I got this and this and this and this...how much do I owe? Seriously...if you are going to cheat the company - at least figure it out yourself!!!

Simply tell her that compared to what it would cost to ship it direct, or what other companies charge for shipping, that ours is a bargain.And also tell her that the host gets free shipping as a perk in exchange for packing all the orders and distributing them, and that you'd be HAPPY to let her get free shipping at her own party, even if it means they are delivered to your house and package them yourself!And while I am OK with people combining very, very small orders, especially if they are personal friends and regular customers, there is a limit to my patience. Generally, if people are combining orders for very small things, they split the shipping among them, because why should one customer pay all the shipping? People in my Previous Product Line used to do this when we had Buy 2 Get Two free ... both paid for their order and half the shipping and everybody was happy.And I find that they only provide enough bags to cover the customers who order. So if Sally Customer orders a food chopper and her sister adds spices, they are not going to ship separate bags for the spices and chopper.

Unless you are buying from Amazon.com or Mary Kay consultants, you pay shipping! Not very many retailers give free shipping- as the rule! I think I would make notes on any show/order that I KNEW they combined and if they called to process an adjustment, I'd make them call it in themselves, I wouldn't handle it. :)Sorry- that doesn't really answer your question, I know. Honestly, I don't know what to tell folks...since I pay shipping for anything I buy online. I'm sarcastic enough, I probably WOULD say, "well, we're not Amazon.com. We're like everyone else, only we offer our guests DIscounted shipping when they order through a show. You pay a flat fee no matter HOW much you buy. The more you buy, the more you save in shipping!"

Simply put, it's to have it shipped to the host's house (after all, it is getting shipped so I don't really understand the question). There is an option to directly ship it for a little more. I don't mind people combining orders somewhat, but I do tell them that only the person whose name is on the receipt holds the warranty and I won't have record of their order. I does annoy me that they only send enough bags for the # of orders b/c sometimes people buy a lot and all of their products don't fit in one bag!I also think of the s/h as paying for a warranty in a way too (since if you combine orders it's harder to deal with it).

Also there is a company out there (cannot recall) who will make the host pay tax and shipping on the product she gets for FREE!!!
I would remind them for that.

ilovpc said:
when the whole order will be shipped to the host? Why can't she (host) pay one flat rate for everything?"

One of my hostess just called me to ask these questions which were brought up by one of her guests (outside order). I honestly didn't know what to answer as NO ONE else have ever complained about the S&H.

Can you please help me here? I don't know how to answer that correctly
TIA,
Fanny

"Because, it actually costs a lot of money to ship all the heavy products from state to state, and that's just the policy that TPC has." :rolleyes:

Seriously, you don't need to justify to anyone why a company charges a shipping rate. They just do...and it's because FedEx charges a fee to transport goods from point A to point B. Plain and simple. :grumpy:

It kind of annoys me when people challenge the whole shipping thing. It is what it is and we didn't make up the rules. Sorry if my words seem on the harsh side....totally not what I am intending on coming across! $4.25 is soooo cheap and I get irritated when people (guests) complain about it or thinks it's "dumb" to have to pay shipping.

Ok, rant over. ROFL. :D

I can see how it wouldn't make sense to them if their order was say...3 citrus peelers or 2 sets of pan scrapers. In a case like that I'd probably suggest that they let me add it to someone else's order since those things are so cheap you probably wouldn't care about a warranty. But anything big/expensive enough to need a warranty would be big enough to cost more than the $4.25 shipping.

I have a feeling people just complain because they actually have a person to complain too. We don't complain when we order things online because we don't bother to call the people. But if they already have you either at the show or on the phone, they figure "why not complain and see if I can get her to give it to me free". Also, they might assume that, like alot of other companies, we have a higher mark-up on our products so shipping should be covered with that (I think I remember reading that another DS company has "free shipping" but their products have a way higher mark-up...basically they add shipping to the product cost to make you think you're getting it free). In fact, that would almost seem to explain why we could offer us $4.25 shipping on whether we order 1 citrus peeler or the entire catalog...if the price of the product includes some money for shipping then why not charge a flat rate?

Zsu said:
Also there is a company out there (cannot recall) who will make the host pay tax and shipping on the product she gets for FREE!!!
I would remind them for that.
Lots of companies do that. Another silent benefit PC offers is that HO covers the sales tax on the free portion of the host order. Other companies don't do that, so their hosts end up still paying something for their free items.

chefann said:
Lots of companies do that. Another silent benefit PC offers is that HO covers the sales tax on the free portion of the host order. Other companies don't do that, so their hosts end up still paying something for their free items.

I've always thought this to be a huge benefit. When I tell a host her savings, I'll sometime say, "...and by the way, if you had to pay tax on the full value, you would have paid xxx dollars." PC is really incredibly generous to their hosts and customers.

The simple answer is that, as Becca said, the shipping is divided among all of the orders. It would cost much more than $4.25 to ship everything from a show.

I brag that objection at my shows during the bookings slide. When I get to the "free shipping" slide, I say "and hosts never pay shipping on their order, but guests get a really good deal, too. Guests pay a flat $4.25 for shipping, no matter how much they order. In fact, you could order the WHOLE catalog and only pay $4.25 in shipping. However, if you decide to buy the whole catalog, I'll pick up your shipping" (which gets a laugh) and then nobody ever complains about the shipping.

Chefstover2 said:
I brag that objection at my shows during the bookings slide. When I get to the "free shipping" slide, I say "and hosts never pay shipping on their order, but guests get a really good deal, too. Guests pay a flat $4.25 for shipping, no matter how much they order. In fact, you could order the WHOLE catalog and only pay $4.25 in shipping. However, if you decide to buy the whole catalog, I'll pick up your shipping" (which gets a laugh) and then nobody ever complains about the shipping.

I like how you worded that, Making notes here.

Chefstover2 said:

Thanks for the good wording. It's a great way to diffuse resentment before it even starts. I think I will be using that in my shows from now on.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I did explained that the $4.25 is a great deal & that that is company police. The person that asked this questions sells or used to sell (not sure) Princess House and she said that their Hosts only pays a flat rate for the order. I am not sure if this is true or not, but I really don't care. Seems like all other DC consultants always complain about us. (Are they jealous or what?:D)
I love PamperedChef and believe that the S&H is a great deal for everyone.
Thanks again!

ilovpc said:
Thank you everyone for your responses. I did explained that the $4.25 is a great deal & that that is company police. The person that asked this questions sells or used to sell (not sure) Princess House and she said that their Hosts only pays a flat rate for the order. I am not sure if this is true or not, but I really don't care. Seems like all other DC consultants always complain about us. (Are they jealous or what?:D)
I love PamperedChef and believe that the S&H is a great deal for everyone.
Thanks again!

So what she's saying is SHE (as a host) would pay a flat rate for the ENTIRE show's order being shipped to her? I would see that as a huge turn-off to my hosts...having to tell them "oh, and then we'll charge you $X.XX for everyone's shipping".

Why Do Guests Have to Pay S&H at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide our customers with the best quality products and exceptional customer service. In order to maintain this level of service, we have a standard shipping and handling fee for all orders.

What Does the S&H Fee Cover?

The S&H fee covers the cost of packaging, handling, and shipping your order directly to your doorstep. This ensures that your order arrives safely and in a timely manner.

Why Does the S&H Fee Vary for Different Orders?

The S&H fee may vary for different orders based on the weight, size, and destination of the package. We strive to keep our shipping and handling fees as low as possible while still providing reliable and efficient service to our customers.

Can I Avoid Paying S&H by Picking Up My Order?

Unfortunately, we do not offer the option to pick up orders at this time. All orders must be shipped directly to the customer's address, which is why we have a standard shipping and handling fee for all orders.

Is There a Way to Get Free Shipping at Pampered Chef?

We occasionally offer promotions and discounts that may include free shipping. We also have a loyalty program for our regular customers that may include perks such as free shipping. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on any current promotions or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• archie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
archie
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Mom4kanda