• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Unusual Customers: My Experience at a Cooking Show

In summary, the woman went off on the aluminum sheet pans and said that we are killing people and giving them alzheimer's. I calmly explained that according to the alzheimer association's website, there is no proven link between aluminum and alzheimer's. She wouldn't let it go and ordered 2 large sheet pans.
finley1991
At my show last night there was a woman who went off on our aluminum sheet pans and that we are killing people and giving them alzheimer's. I calmly explained that according to the alzheimer association's website that there is no proven link between aluminum and alzheimer's. She wouldn't let it go! So I let it go but she went on and on and on!

Then she ordered 2 large sheet pans.

:bugeye:

Oh... and I made the DCB chicken fajitas (which I made at almost EVERY show)... no one would eat them because they didn't believe that meat cooked in the microwave was safe to eat. They wouldn't even try it. (And yes, the host approved the recipe).

Is it just me?????

Wow, you've gotten yourself into an interesting group of women!! And that's hilarious that the woman still ordered sheet pans. Man oh man. did you get any bookings? If not, I'd say it's not a bad thing!

It was a HO lead! I did get one maybe booking for March and one catalog show!

God created these creatures to make us appreciate the normal ones more!!!

baychef said:
God created these creatures to make us appreciate the normal ones more!!!

Love it!!:p

what? Did you leave scratching your head? :p

pampmomof3 said:
what? Did you leave scratching your head? :p

Yes... I most certainly did!!!! I was a little cranky on the way home. But then I got a few orders today that I put on the show that will make it worth it, I closed a $400 catty show today and I have shows tonight and tomorrow night. So life is good. Just hope the weather cooperates with me!!!!

I just laughed when the lady said that we are trying to kill people with our aluminum. I really really really wanted to say, "Yes, yes we are! Because it's SO GOOD for the company to kill our customers!!!" But then I thought better of it. At least it was fun to think it in my head!!!! :p

finley1991 said:
yes... I most certainly did!!!! I was a little cranky on the way home. But then i got a few orders today that i put on the show that will make it worth it, i closed a $400 catty show today and i have shows tonight and tomorrow night. So life is good. Just hope the weather cooperates with me!!!!

I just laughed when the lady said that we are trying to kill people with our aluminum. I really really really wanted to say, "yes, yes we are! Because it's so good for the company to kill our customers!!!" but then i thought better of it. At least it was fun to think it in my head!!!! :p

!!lol!!lol!!lol!!

so the chicken cooks and comes to temp with the thermometer, looks cooked and they won't eat it??? WTF!!! NEXT!

finley1991 said:
Yes... I most certainly did!!!! I was a little cranky on the way home. But then I got a few orders today that I put on the show that will make it worth it, I closed a $400 catty show today and I have shows tonight and tomorrow night. So life is good. Just hope the weather cooperates with me!!!!

I just laughed when the lady said that we are trying to kill people with our aluminum. I really really really wanted to say, "Yes, yes we are! Because it's SO GOOD for the company to kill our customers!!!" But then I thought better of it. At least it was fun to think it in my head!!!! :p

ROFL! Should have rubbed your hands together and said, "And one day, we'll rule the world!":D

Jolie_paradoxe said:
ROFL! Should have rubbed your hands together and said, "And one day, we'll rule the world!":D

HAHA! Thank you for the laugh!!!

finley1991 said:

Oh goodness, yes, and let's hope it makes for a long suffering demise to your life...would you like to book a party? Perhaps you too would like to sell our mind altering products. I would LOVE to have you on my team!!!

I can't imagine you would want to get it started again but did you point out to her that she bought the aluminum pans. Just foreseeing her getting them and being super pissed that she got the "wrong" product.

This is a funny post by the way--after the fact anyway.

I agree Tiffany...we need to share the stories of the weirdos just so we know that it happens to all of us. But mostly because they are so funny!!

finley1991 said:
HAHA! Thank you for the laugh!!!

Anytime....you could have also told her that the aluminum over your head is a great way to block the aliens from reading her mind. :D

1. How do you handle customers who are allergic to common ingredients?

At Pampered Chef, we take allergies very seriously. Before the cooking show, we ask our guests if they have any allergies or dietary restrictions. If a guest does have an allergy, we make sure to avoid using that ingredient in any dishes we prepare. We also have alternative ingredients available so that everyone can still participate and enjoy the show.

2. What if a customer is not satisfied with a product?

We want all of our customers to be happy with their purchases. If a customer is not satisfied with a product, we have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. They can return the product for a full refund or exchange it for a different product. We also have a customer service team available to address any concerns or issues.

3. How do you handle customers who are disruptive during the cooking show?

If we encounter a disruptive customer during a cooking show, we try to address the issue calmly and politely. We may ask the customer to refrain from talking during demonstrations or to wait until after the show to ask questions. If the disruption continues, we may politely ask the customer to leave the show. Our main goal is to create a positive and enjoyable experience for all guests.

4. What if a customer has a special request or specific dietary needs?

We are happy to accommodate any special requests or dietary needs. Our consultants are trained to adapt recipes and make substitutions to meet individual needs. We also have a variety of recipes and products that cater to specific dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or vegan options.

5. How do you handle customers who are not interested in purchasing products?

We understand that not everyone may be interested in purchasing products at a cooking show. Our main focus is to share our love for cooking and provide a fun and educational experience. We do not pressure guests to make purchases and respect their decision. We also offer free recipes and tips for those who may not be interested in buying products at the moment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • maestraMichelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
hperschnick
Replies