• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whose Life Did This Tragic Accident Touch?

It is never easy to lose someone we care about, especially someone so young. In summary, Many years ago, when the speaker was a youngster working at a video store, a fella named Rob would often come in and chat about wanting to leave. One day, Rob told the speaker that his neighbor's sister and brother-in-law had been killed in a motorcycle accident, leaving behind their son, Lucas. Rob's neighbor, Guy, was in need of a live-in nanny and Rob offered to drive the speaker to meet Guy and Lucas. The speaker took the job and poured their heart and soul into caring for Lucas, who was thriving despite the tragic loss of his parents. Eventually, the speaker's twin sister took over the nanny position and Lucas
pchefkristin
Many years ago, when I was just a youngster myself, I worked at a video store. I hated it there. There was this fella that came in all the time, and we would chat about how much I wanted to get out of there.

He told me he had a neighbor whose sister and BIL were just killed by a drunk driver on their motorcycle. They left behind a son. Lucas was his name, and his neighbor was the boys uncle. Guy (the uncle) was in need of a live in nanny. I had no experience to speak of, but Rob (the kid that came into the video store) drove me out to Guy's house to meet him, and this little boy Lucas. Lucas's parents were killed one week after his first birthday, so he was just a tot back then! I poured my heart and soul into this little boy. I "worked" for Guy for a few years, and after that, my twin sister took over my position. Lucas was thriving developmentally, physically and emotionally after such a tragic thing with his folks. I was so sad when Erin left the nanny position with them, but Lucas and Guy remained a big part of my life for a long time. Guy always told us that Erin and I were the ones who were responsible for building Lucas into a really good kid. Some time later, Lucas became a teenager. Just like I did when I was a kid, he got into some trouble, but as of recently, he was really turning things around again. I was so happy to hear that.
So, when I got a phone call from my sister just moments ago, telling me that Lucas, and a few of his friends lost their lives this morning in a fiery car crash, well... I dont know. I am heartbroken. It makes me sad for what Guy is going through and for all those who were touched by Lucas in one way or another, and on the same hand, it makes me happy that Lucas is finally with his mom and dad again.

Here is the article I just read confirming, and it is so touching to hear of another woman talking about how her son spent his final day with his friends, which Lucas was among. Please, if you could say a prayer for Guy and the whole Ambler family, as well as the families of all of these boys...

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local//index.php?ntid=247502

RIP dear sweet boy... I will miss you terribly!

I'm so sorry. You, his family, and his friends will be in my prayers.

Oh my! I had just seen that on the news and the guy sitting on the side of the road just crying!

Oh no, how horrible. I will keep them in my prayers. God had a plan for that boy...glad you were able to know him!

I'm so sorry for your loss. May Jesus loving arms be felt by you and all of these families.

Kristin - my heart hurts with yours.....and I will be praying for all those whose life Lucas, and the other boys, touched.
May God give you peace during this time of grief.

Kristin - I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you & the family. God's blessings & peace to all of you.

Kristin,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that my prayers are with you and all the boys' families.

Kristen, My prayers are with all of you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for all! How lucky Lucas was to have you and your sister in his life.

My heart breaks for you, your sister, Guy and all the others affected by this accident.

1. What is "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

"Whose Life Have You Touched?" is a program created by Pampered Chef that allows customers and consultants to nominate individuals in their communities who are making a positive impact and deserve recognition.

2. Who can be nominated for "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

Anyone can be nominated for "Whose Life Have You Touched?" as long as they are making a positive impact in their community. This can include teachers, volunteers, healthcare workers, first responders, and more.

3. How do I nominate someone for "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

To nominate someone for "Whose Life Have You Touched?", simply fill out the nomination form on the Pampered Chef website. You will need to provide the nominee's name, contact information, and a short description of why you are nominating them.

4. What happens after I nominate someone for "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

After you nominate someone for "Whose Life Have You Touched?", their story will be reviewed by a panel of judges. If they are chosen as a winner, they will receive recognition and a special gift from Pampered Chef.

5. Can I nominate myself for "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

No, the program is designed for individuals to nominate others who are making a positive impact. However, if you know someone who is making a difference, you can nominate them for "Whose Life Have You Touched?"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva