• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Who's Sick of Jon and Kate's Marriage Implosion?

In summary, Ann is fed up with seeing Jon and Kate's divorce being reported in the media. She feels bad for them, their families, and the children who have to witness this. Ann believes that the main cause of divorce is selfishness and that it is usually a battle between one party being selfish. Ann hopes that Jon and Kate will get help and that their marriage will survive.
susanr613
Gold Member
I usually don't post like this....but I am so fed up with seeing Jon and Kate downer headlines every time I open a browser! I am sorry that their marriage is dying and am even more sorry that it has to be in public. I feel bad for them, their families and of course the kids who, even though they are young, have likely absorbed the bad feelings.

What makes me even more aggravated is that the same interview is being replayed endlessly and breathlessly. We get it - Jon got caught messing around and they are finito emotionally.

Enough already!! Move on!! :yuck:

Sad, but it's all about the ratings...

I keep hearing how the season debut show was the highest rated cable show....so watching someones marriage be destroyed on national television must be considered "entertainment" for many.

I didn't watch. It seems too painful to me to watch.

Could tell this was going to happen. She's horrible to him, very self centered.
I refuse to watch or read anymore about them.

I have heard TONS about this whole situation - but haven't even heard the reason why.

Don't know if it matters anyways - I feel sorry for everyone that it is made so public. I don't know how ANYONE could handle having THAT many kids PLUS a tv Show about it!

It is over exposed for sure. Any family's slow demise should not be so public.Prayers for them and their family.

I think what's worse than the marriage falling apart is them complaining that it's happening in public. If they don't want their dirty laundry out there for everyone to see, then they shouldn't have invited camera crews into their lives.

Ha - good point Ann. It reminds me of episodes of Wife Swap (my guilty pleasure) where the husbands refuse to follow the new rules. Hey, that's what you signed up for, buddy!

I only feel bad for those Precious children! :(

My opinion is that the #1 cause of divorce is selfishness. No matter what the problem, cheating, drinking, money, it all goes back to someone thinking of themselves and not the other person. When you give all of yourself to someone else, they usually will want to serve you back. ...and when that doesn't happen, it's due to one of the parties being selfish.Anyway, way too much of that lately...I just ignore those headlines...haven't been bothered by Jon and Kate because I ignore it. But, it saddens me to know there is one more home broken and one more family of kids not experiencing family as God intended.

I don't there's an excuse for cheating, ever, but at the same time, it's not AS shocking considering the stress that 8 kids will put on a marriage (again, not an excuse but you have to be even more diligent when you are in a situation like that, same as when you have a special needs child or even have a child pass away) not to mention the fact that they're in front of the cameras so much. Whether he's cheating or not, obviously he's not happy with how the marriage/family is going right now, so they need to just stop the show (apparently they get like...$1 mil/episode, they should be set) and work on their marriage. As believers, which they claim openly to be, they need to stop pursuing the fame and money and focus on their relationship. And people need to leave them alone to do it.

I don't have TV (haven't since '97) but DH saw this show a couple of times in Fargo before he got his apartment so that how I know about it. I saw some headline somewhere that they were in trouble, marriage wise, and thought to myself - find a good counselor ASAP.

Ann - I agree, life in front of millions is great when things are going good, but you hit a bump and suddenly you don't want everyone watching.

Janet - After being in mariage counseling for a year with DH (our second year of marriage) I have also learned that selfishness is the main cause. BUT it takes two to tango, rarely is it just one person being selfish. It seems to be a 'I'm getting back at him/her by acting this way' kind of battle. Or at the very least there is the 'I making him/her pay for the insult/mistake/whatever'.
I hope they don't just divorce, I hope they get help. It's hard, after having been there, to watch couples walk away when the marriage is so stronger after sticking it out and working on it, especially with kids.

There is only one marriage that I know of that has survived reality TV - The Osbournes but they were together YEARS before they did their show. A lot of these reality families have not been together that long and shouldn't put themselves in that kind of situation.

chefann said:
I think what's worse than the marriage falling apart is them complaining that it's happening in public. If they don't want their dirty laundry out there for everyone to see, then they shouldn't have invited camera crews into their lives.

Couldn't agree more!!!

I think it was planned, she said she will go on with the show even if it's just Kate plus eight! She makes me sick:yuck: Those poor kids.

What's more sickening is that there are people that will continue to watch...

janetupnorth said:

Your right too Janet, I have never watched because I have always found it disgusting when people use their children as a means to make big bucks. Now with all this junk in the media it looks even worse. I have seen a few interviews with her and she is a real piece of work.
Told me DH the other day I was going to call cameras into our house and treat him like s*it all day and we'll make a fortune!

I personally think that this whole break up thing is a little staged, for ratings..... this is the most viewers they have ever had... I also think that is why they have both done interviews for major magazines ect... it will end up a happy reunion...
see all the glamour shots of Kate on People magazine?? Talking about how heart broken she is?? RIGHT.... then why want to talk about it so much....

Now her brother and sister in law did an interview about the kids "being exploited" Gee whiz ya think?

Janet, having been through a divorce, I agree with you that selfishness can destroy a relationship. Both partners need to be willing to compromise wholeheartedly, with as little resentment as possible.

I don't think Kate Plus 8 would be quite as successful without the male figure for her to play off. Then again, maybe she can do a spinoff - The Gay Divorcee, like the Bachelorette only she drags the kids along on the dates????

Any takers?

I'm with ya, Susan.
janetupnorth said:
My opinion is that the #1 cause of divorce is selfishness. No matter what the problem, cheating, drinking, money, it all goes back to someone thinking of themselves and not the other person. When you give all of yourself to someone else, they usually will want to serve you back. ...and when that doesn't happen, it's due to one of the parties being selfish.Anyway, way too much of that lately...I just ignore those headlines...haven't been bothered by Jon and Kate because I ignore it. But, it saddens me to know there is one more home broken and one more family of kids not experiencing family as God intended.
janetupnorth said:
mrshamel3808 said:
I don't there's an excuse for cheating, ever, but at the same time, it's not AS shocking considering the stress that 8 kids will put on a marriage (again, not an excuse but you have to be even more diligent when you are in a situation like that, same as when you have a special needs child or even have a child pass away) not to mention the fact that they're in front of the cameras so much. Whether he's cheating or not, obviously he's not happy with how the marriage/family is going right now, so they need to just stop the show (apparently they get like...$1 mil/episode, they should be set) and work on their marriage. As believers, which they claim openly to be, they need to stop pursuing the fame and money and focus on their relationship. And people need to leave them alone to do it.
Well said, ladies.
chefann said:
You have a very good point, Ann. I can understand if they didn't expect it to be the runaway hit it obviously became. Still, they chose to open their lives for public scrutiny.I don't watch the show. It's on a channel we don't get, but I probably wouldn't watch it if it were available to me. My understanding, though, is that the pictures they have are of John [gasp!] sitting in a car with a woman. They aren't kissing. They aren't holding hands. They weren't coming out of a hotel. He claims he was never unfaithful in the blurbs I've seen. Since I'm not his wife, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope they get the help they apparently need. The children will be the ones to suffer if they don't.

raebates said:
My understanding, though, is that the pictures they have are of John [gasp!] sitting in a car with a woman. They aren't kissing. They aren't holding hands. They weren't coming out of a hotel. He claims he was never unfaithful in the blurbs I've seen. Since I'm not his wife, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You're right, it's all alot of speculation. He was seeing driving a young woman home from a bar at about 2am, not wearing his wedding ring (my dad didn't wear his for years because he gained alot of weight and it didn't fit and they never got a new one) and while Kate was out of town on publicity stunt. On other words, some suspicious things, but nothing definite and nothing that couldn't have perfectly innocent explanations. He's apologized for his unwise decisions and actions because he realizes how bad it looks. If he's denying it AND Kate's denying it, why does the media insist it's still something?!

Jon & Kate WHO?? Just kidding! I've never watched the show because I saw her in interviews a few times and couldn't stand watching her.But I'm just sick of hearing about ANY celeb's personal issues! :)

I have only watched it a few times and I thought it was a joke honestly and I talked with a friend of mine and she told me this is totally stage for rates cause of the other things that has happened in the show stage for ratings. The show my hubby and I watch is the one called 17 and counting they seem like a good christian family and you can tell they aren't all caught up in the whole rating skim of things.

Veevahchef said:
I personally think that this whole break up thing is a little staged, for ratings..... this is the most viewers they have ever had... I also think that is why they have both done interviews for major magazines ect... it will end up a happy reunion...
see all the glamour shots of Kate on People magazine?? Talking about how heart broken she is?? RIGHT.... then why want to talk about it so much....

I agree. I think it is totally staged for ratings.

I refuse to watch it! I have for a long time anyway.

christinaspc said:
I have only watched it a few times and I thought it was a joke honestly and I talked with a friend of mine and she told me this is totally stage for rates cause of the other things that has happened in the show stage for ratings. The show my hubby and I watch is the one called 17 and counting they seem like a good christian family and you can tell they aren't all caught up in the whole rating skim of things.

I like this one, too, except now it's called 18 and counting! :)

mrshamel3808 You're right said:
We've been married almost 12 years and my husband hasn't worn his in almost 9 years because of his job.

She is very rude and disrepectful to him. She puts him down ALL the time. Grant it, we don't see what goes on behind the cameras, but if I saw what the public was seeing, regardless of what goes on behind, I would change my behavior. Then again, what makes for 'good t.v.', right? I'd like to give them both the benefit of the doubt. She's been accused of cheating with her bodyguard and he's been accused of being with the younger woman. Which, by the way, I've only heard Jon apologize for the situation or decision he made. He did say he wasn't cheating. I haven't heard Kate dismiss it. Maybe I haven't seen the one where she did so if she has, someone please tell me.

My neices and nephews used to watch it with us - because they had soooo many kids - but most of last season we stopped because they started picking up on some of the Gosselin kids's behavior. It's amazing how a 30 minute show can influence them.

I had to admit, I watched it and have read on it. Honestly, I just wanted her to stop pretending. It doesn't seem staged to me. I don't think he even lives with them full time anymore. The show was extremely sad. I didn't watch much before since she was so self centered and just MEAN to him. I probably won't watch now because it's heartbreaking. Now I pray for them instead.

I think everyone needs to remember that they are seeing an edited 30 minute show that lasts for what 12-16 weeks. That is 8 hours that we are seeing someone and how they act out of an entire year. Of course it is put in the show when she is snide or rude, but it is also put in the show when he is immature and no one is complaining about him.

At first I thought some of her reactions were harsh myself but then I realized, because I have a 2 1/2 year old and at the time the six youngest on the show were also about that age, that she has 8 kids to keep track of. I know how frustrated I can get with my one and how much he can scare me if I lose sight of him for two seconds just in our own backyard and I realized that she is 8X's that overwhelmed.

I know they have help, more now than they did at the time I started watching the show - and by watching the show I mean the first time I saw it, because I don't think I have ever watched an episode that wasn't a re-run and I am by no means watching it weekly - but I don't fault them for allowing the show into their home if it helped them do things they wouldn't normally be able to do, like take their kids on trips to Disney and go to Hawaii or skiing as a family - how could they do that with eight kids without the show? I do fault them now for allowing the show to continue if it is contributing in any way to the demise of their marriage. And if it is staged, they should be ashamed of themselves for putting their kids through that - because one day they will look back and see this.

chefann said:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

(stupid minimum post rule)

They may have more than marriage problems. The AP reported that Child Services in PA are looking into possible Child Labor issues. I am praying for those children. Way too much drama, and those innocent kids are in the middle. My heart goes out to them.

If Kate would have just walked away, stopped the show... maybe the marriage would have mangaged to survive. Jon clearly did NOT want to return at last seasons finale. :( Save what money they did make in 4 seasons and live a normal life for the kids.

1. Why is everyone so interested in Jon and Kate's marriage problems?

As a popular reality TV show couple, Jon and Kate's personal lives have been in the public eye for many years. Their highly publicized marriage issues have garnered a lot of attention and speculation from fans and the media.

2. Is the drama between Jon and Kate real or just for the show?

While it is unclear how much of the drama is for the show, there have been numerous reports and evidence of real issues in their marriage, including infidelity and financial problems.

3. How is their divorce affecting their children?

Their divorce has undoubtedly had a significant impact on their children. The couple's eight children have been caught in the middle of the publicized drama and have had to deal with the effects of their parents' split.

4. Will Jon and Kate ever reconcile?

At this point, it is uncertain if Jon and Kate will ever reconcile. Both parties have publicly stated their intentions to move on and focus on co-parenting their children.

5. Has the show "Jon and Kate Plus 8" been canceled?

Yes, the show was rebranded as "Kate Plus 8" after Jon left the show in 2009. However, the show ended in 2017, and there are no plans for a revival or continuation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • jwpamp