• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are My Newsletter Subscribers Actually Receiving My Emails?

In summary, I'm starting to wonder who really is getting my newsletter. I subscribe to iContact and I swear every month my opens are getting smaller and smaller. A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a customer who was thanking me for some help I gave her with an exchange and other things. Then she said that I can send her PC news to that e-mail address and that she loves PC. Well, I went to add her to my list, only to realize I already had that address down for her in iContact and my address book. So I send out my newsletter and I only have a 20% open rate, and her name isn't listed. And it's been over a week
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm starting to wonder who really is getting my newsletter. I subscribe to iContact and I swear every month my opens are getting smaller and smaller. A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a customer who was thanking me for some help I gave her with an exchange and other things. Then she said that I can send her PC news to that e-mail address and that she loves PC. Well, I went to add her to my list, only to realize I already had that address down for her in iContact and my address book. So I send out my newsletter and I only have a 20% open rate, and her name isn't listed. And it's been over a week since I sent it out.

I feel like going through my contact list and saying that I am calling to verify if they have been receiving my newsletters. That I've been trying to send them using iContact and am checking up on the service. Is that a terrible idea?

I don't think it is a bad idea.

I did a trial with iContact and had the same problem, that is why I do it myself. :)

One thing I just read recently pointed out that alot of email programs, particularly webmail or cell-phone based web browsers/email programs automatically convert html emails to text only. Or they disable links. Since the icontact open/click tracking is dependent upon that line of code being triggered in html, there are many times when someone reads your email but it won't register. I don't know know how much of a percentage that is, but it probably has happened to you.

I guess no matter what, it's not a replacement for phone calls. I haven't gotten any business from my newsletter in a LONG time. I guess it keeps my name in front of my contacts, but still...I get jealous when I hear all these success stories of outlet orders and such.

I think very few people could be successful in this business by doing email-only customer contact. Ours is a business that was founded on face-to-face (or at least voice-to-voice!) interaction and it's what makes it so successful.

I find that the response to my newsletters is usually from people with whom I have a great relationship. Though, I do get the occasional person who comes to a show after I haven't seen them for a couple of years who says, "I love your newsletter. I always read it right away."

At work, when I send things out to a large list, (and our server limits addresses you can send to as well) -- I have to do this weekly. I have set up two separate lists. "List1" and "List2" and everytime I send it out, I send to both lists.

1. How can I find out who is reading my newsletter?

At Pampered Chef, we have a feature called "Newsletter Insights" that allows you to see who has opened and clicked on links in your newsletter. Simply log in to your account, go to your newsletter dashboard, and click on the "Insights" tab to view this information.

2. Can I see specific email addresses of those who have read my newsletter?

No, our "Newsletter Insights" feature does not provide individual email addresses. It only shows the total number of recipients who have opened and clicked on links in your newsletter.

3. How often is the "Newsletter Insights" data updated?

The data is updated in real-time, so you can see the most recent activity of your newsletter subscribers.

4. Can I export the "Newsletter Insights" data to a spreadsheet?

Yes, you can export the data to a CSV file by clicking on the "Export" button on the "Insights" tab. This will allow you to further analyze and track your newsletter's performance.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can view the "Newsletter Insights" data?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can view the data. You can access it anytime on your newsletter dashboard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • NooraK