• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Excitement of WAVE 1 with Us at Our Upcoming Conference in Chicago!

not in wave 1...but I want you guys to say hello to my buddy Duska Mills:p if you see her there! She is absolutely amazing!! We are going to have a blast!
lacychef
Hey guys & gals, just wondering who all here is as excited as me for WAVE 1? This being my second conference, and second time in the windy city, I am ready for that 'boost' conference gives you! (plus the time with friends away from kids, hubby, other job, etc... isn't bad either!):D :D :D

Can't wait! I live here and I'm so excited to be staying over in a hotel for THREE nights BY MYSELF (meaning without DH or DS).

Woo hooo!!!!

I'm in Wave 1, too! This is my first conference. I'm excited. My husband is attending too! And, we'll get to see my sister who lives in Chicago. I have a question though -- what exactly do they do on Awards night? Do they hand out any products to the consultants who attend? I know the ones walking across the stage will geet something but what about others who attend.

Trish
Wave 1

DebbieJ said:
Can't wait! I live here and I'm so excited to be staying over in a hotel for THREE nights BY MYSELF (meaning without DH or DS).

Woo hooo!!!!
Me too, me too!! I can't wait. Even though I live in the suburbs, I LOVE getting away and staying downtown.

Trish--- On awards night, they'll recognize all kinds of categories, the biggest of which is TPC (Top Performance Cluster) and people who've earned MULTIPLE categories of TPC. They get jewelry, luggage and other goodies. It's always amazed me how successful these people are. I thought those types of levels were unattainable when I first started, but having missed TPC for sales by about $3500-$4000 this year (you need $55,000 in sales to earn TPC for the sales category), my goal is to earn it NEXT YEAR!! I never thought it would be possible to even come close, but I learned that you CAN!! I believe they recognize the various Career Sales levels too. At one of the General Sessions they also recognize promotions to Director and Upper Level Directors too. I know there is more recognition, but I can't remember what. Oh, the consultants who have ALREADY earned the level 2 and level 3 trips!!! Some of the recognition gets a bit long, but when you really think about how much these people have accomplished, it's pretty amazing!

When we check in at the registration booths we'll all get some sort of PC bag that all of our registration stuff comes in (I hope it's cool!:) ) and in the past, we used to get the newest Stoneware Heart Mold for Round Up from the Heart, but this fall they're changing it, so I'm not sure what, if anything we'll get for this.

I'm very excited! I can't wait!
:D :) :D

I am in wave 1 also, and this is my 1st conference. I will not be staying in the city though, since I live in the suburbs, my cluster (who is from Indianapolis) is staying at my house - 14 of them, and we will be having a 4 day slumber party!! I am very excited about conference !!!

I will be there from Louisiana, we will be staying I think at the Hilton. This is my first conference, just started in March/April so I am really excited. And I got in on the #1 tour at the last minute so excited about that too. Going to upload everything off my camera so I will have plenty of space for pictures.

I expect that I'll be there. I submitted my registration and request to be switched to Session 1, and saw the charge to my card for it, so I expect to be there July 10-12. :D

I, too, will be staying in the 'burbs - Frankfort/Tinley Park - with my sister.

I am! I am so excited I just started and can't wait for confrence. I love the windy city and can't wait to visit again. I also got into a home office tour at the last min. but I'm in #2. I'm staying at the Hilton Chicago.

Nikki, I am in tour #2 with you! See ya there~

mrssyvo said:
I am in wave 1 also, and this is my 1st conference. I will not be staying in the city though, since I live in the suburbs, my cluster (who is from Indianapolis) is staying at my house - 14 of them, and we will be having a 4 day slumber party!! I am very excited about conference !!!
How fun!!! You're going to get NO sleep!!:D

Hey there...not in wave 1...but I want you guys to say hello to my buddy Duska Mills:p if you see her there! She is absolutely amazing!! We met in Vienna and have become best friends!!:D

She is in this month's CN!! She will be walking for 2 categories for TPC...sales and recruiting...and she has only been selling 2 years!!! It is amazing what you can do with your business if you want to!!:D

I will be excited to walk for TPC in sales this year!!

Have a great conference everyone!:)

mrssyvo said:

THat sounds like SO much fun:D :D It'll feel like being kids again!

fruit76loop said:
not in wave 1...but I want you guys to say hello to my buddy Duska Mills:p if you see her there! She is absolutely amazing!! We met in Vienna and have become best friends!!:D

She is in this month's CN!! She will be walking for 2 categories for TPC...sales and recruiting...and she has only been selling 2 years!!! It is amazing what you can do with your business if you want to!!:D

I will be excited to walk for TPC in sales this year!!

Have a great conference everyone!:)

I read about her in the newsletter! That is what's so awesome about conference; meeting new people! The lady I sat with on the HO tour bus, I got to know well, then that night I watched her walk for TPC.
Have fun in your wave!:)

I'm coming too!Hi All! I'm new to posting (this is my first one!) here, but I wanted to jump on & say that I'll be at Wave 1! I'm so excited as this is my first conference. Plus, the Home Office Tours were all full, but they called me & asked if I wanted to go on one! So, I'm going to be on tour #3. I can't wait! I'm coming with my director & I think we're staying at the PHH.

Crystal W
[email protected]

crystalscookingnow said:
Hi All! I'm new to posting (this is my first one!) here, but I wanted to jump on & say that I'll be at Wave 1! I'm so excited as this is my first conference. Plus, the Home Office Tours were all full, but they called me & asked if I wanted to go on one! So, I'm going to be on tour #3. I can't wait! I'm coming with my director & I think we're staying at the PHH.

Crystal W
[email protected]

Woo-hoo! Maybe I'll run into you, I'm at that hotel also:D Welcome to this GREAT site--have you been a consultant long?
See you all in 27 days:D :D :D

lacychef said:
Woo-hoo! Maybe I'll run into you, I'm at that hotel also:D Welcome to this GREAT site--have you been a consultant long?
See you all in 27 days:D :D :D

I've been a consultant since July last year, although my SS1 wasn't until Sept. I am so excited to be able to come this year! I didn't think I'd be able to with a 4 1/2 yo, a 22 mo & 5 1/2 mo, but my wonderful hubby said he could handle it & that I should go! Love him so much! :)

Wow, not very busy are you?;) That's great that your hubby is so supportive of your business. I couldn't go if it wasn't for my hubby's awesome step-sister who will be watching my 2 girls while hubby's at work.
You will have a blast at your first conference!:D

I'll be there! :D I got my registration confirmation in the mail.

I'll Be There!!!This is my very first conferece. We will be staying at the Hilton, I believe. I am super excited and to going with good friends from my cluster is even better!

This will be my first conference too...it's quite a big deal to me as I have never been away for the night from my 3 year old daughter, and I am petrified of big cities...luckily I will be staying with pamperedbecky a conference veteran so hopefully I'll survive the seperation and fear! ;)

KarensChefsClub said:
This will be my first conference too...it's quite a big deal to me as I have never been away for the night from my 3 year old daughter, and I am petrified of big cities...luckily I will be staying with pamperedbecky a conference veteran so hopefully I'll survive the seperation and fear! ;)
Yay Karen!!! I'm so excited you're coming. We're going to have a blast! Gina's on this board too, so we'll all be roomies along with Kristen from California. I can't wait!!:D

KarensChefsClub said:

I was in the same boat last year! I'm from a VERY small town, so the big city thing was intimidating for me also. But it's so nice with the shuttles taking you to & from hotel to McCormick, & all the PC people are SO nice:D So it really ended up not being intimidating at all.
I also hated to leave my 2 girls, but I think it was good for us! If you're gone for a few days, kids & hubby appreciate you a little more when you get home! Have a great 1st conference:D :D

Hey Karen,

Glad to see you are definitely coming - we're all going to have a blast!! Did you end up booking the HO tour? I'm looking forward to this a lot - I just got back from Disney World yesterday - it was a blast but I'm wiped out. It's always nice to have a little time to yourself as well. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Gina Miller

I'll be there too and am really excited. I've been a consultant over a year and decided it would be really beneficial, based on comments on here and through people in my cluster. I also have a recruit going. I, too, was not too far away from TPC in sales and am only 1 person away from director, so I am also determind to have TPC next year!!! And director by Leadership!

We're flying out of KC 6:15 Mon. am SW and staying at the Sheraton. I also think we should "mark" ourselves somehow as being from here (another thread I think).

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I'm in wave 1 too, home office tour #2. I'm not a city girl either, and hate hate traveling without my kids & husband (wish I were flying in with someone ~ will make sure I do next time).... Not to mention my daughter was just diagnosed with a bee allergy.

I *did* have a good time at leadership Conference (my 1st) in January. I'm looking forward to getting "swept away" by the fun and excitement. It WILL be so much fun. I hope we can recognize each other some how. I think I will print this out and tape it onto the bag they give us (will it be big enough to carry all of our stuff?)....

Here's my schedule
Super Start Your New Consultants 07/10/06 01:15 PM - 02:30 PM CST
90 Days to the Business You Want (Belinda) 07/10/06 03:00 PM - 04:15

Bookings: Fill Your Calendar A 07/11/06 02:15 PM - 03:30 PM CST
Inside Scoop: New Products & Recipes B 07/11/06 04:00 PM - 05:15

Recruiting With the Stars 07/12/06 09:00 AM - 10:15 AM CST

Is anyone arriving at Midway on the 9th around 2:15ish? I would love to share a shuttle.... :)

I am going to wave one as well. I am on HO tour #2. Will the shuttle pick us up at the hotels?

A shuttle bus takes you from official conference hotels to McCormick place, then the busses out to the HO leave from there. You'll want to give yourself enough time to get down to McCormick place, pick up your packet and find the HO tour lines. Have fun!:)

its_me_susan said:
Here's my schedule

Is anyone arriving at Midway on the 9th around 2:15ish? I would love to share a shuttle.... :)

Hi Susan,
It looks like I'll be in the 1st, 2nd and last workshop with you! Although sometimes they split them into different rooms depending on the size of the group. I'll be on the lookout for you!

I do have a consultant getting into Midway on the 9th, but I think she may be getting in sooner. I passed along your email address to her just incase.:)

its_me_susan said:
I'm in wave 1 too, home office tour #2. I'm not a city girl either, and hate hate traveling without my kids & husband (wish I were flying in with someone ~ will make sure I do next time).... Not to mention my daughter was just diagnosed with a bee allergy.

I *did* have a good time at leadership Conference (my 1st) in January. I'm looking forward to getting "swept away" by the fun and excitement. It WILL be so much fun. I hope we can recognize each other some how. I think I will print this out and tape it onto the bag they give us (will it be big enough to carry all of our stuff?)....

Here's my schedule

Susan, I'm in the 2nd & last session with you:) Unless like Becky said, they are in 2 rooms!
By this time next week, we'll all know all the news:D :D

OK, what to wear? I am bringing khaki capris, a peasent (sp?) skirt and matching tops with a light sweater, but what about jeans or dress pants? I have gotta go shopping for a comfortable pair of shoes, all I have are high heels, everyday sandals and nikes! Help!

I have two of those peasant type skirts, which I am bringing. I love them because it doesnt matter if they wrinkle! I love skirts in the summer. I will also bring a couple pair of capris and another skirt. Dressy tops, my PC black top with the sparkly pink logo, a jeans skirt for after hours & shopping. I am on the hunt now for the perfect dress for my walk as a new Director! If I do not find that, I may wear my white peasant skirt - it is pretty dressy and I have a nice pink top & pink sandals that goes with it. Doubt if I bring jeans - I get too hot!

I am soooo excited, it is getting so close!! This is my first conference and I am on HO tour #2, 1st day. I am on vacation right now in Michigan, sunning and boating. I leave here on Sunday to go back home and pack for conference. Hope to meet you all....see you there!!:D

Jayne said:
I am soooo excited, it is getting so close!! This is my first conference and I am on HO tour #2, 1st day. I am on vacation right now in Michigan, sunning and boating. I leave here on Sunday to go back home and pack for conference. Hope to meet you all....see you there!!:D

Hey, Jayne! Me too! I am in Wave 1 and on HO tour #2 and at the Hilton! Are you going in on Monday morning or staying Sunday night? Where is Osceola? I am in Valpo! I'll look for you!

jwpamp said:
Hey, Jayne! Me too! I am in Wave 1 and on HO tour #2 and at the Hilton! Are you going in on Monday morning or staying Sunday night? Where is Osceola? I am in Valpo! I'll look for you!

Your not too far from me. I am near South Bend. I am coming in early Monday morning. I am hoping to be there no later than 7:00, my director said I should be there early to get my Conference packet so I can board the bus.

Janice & Jayne,

How are you going into Chicago? I always take the South Shore. I live in Niles. This year I'll be going in a day early (Sunday) because of an extra class our upline is offering. I'll be leaving town on Wednesday (didn't reach that goal of Director by conference :(). Taking the #11 train out-of-town. I get on at the South Bend Airport which is about 15 minutes (maybe) from my home.

Jayne, where in Michigan are you vacationing.

lacychef said:
Susan, I'm in the 2nd & last session with you:) Unless like Becky said, they are in 2 rooms!
By this time next week, we'll all know all the news:D :D

Yea Lacy! Look for me!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Hi Susan,
It looks like I'll be in the 1st, 2nd and last workshop with you! Although sometimes they split them into different rooms depending on the size of the group. I'll be on the lookout for you!

I do have a consultant getting into Midway on the 9th, but I think she may be getting in sooner. I passed along your email address to her just incase.:)

Thank you ladies! All of you! I'm thinking about laminating the cheffer guy to attach to my bag. Are the bags they give you usually big enough to hold a notebook and other items? (wondering if I should still bring my other tote to registration or will I end up carrying 2)?

its_me_susan said:
Thank you ladies! All of you! I'm thinking about laminating the cheffer guy to attach to my bag. Are the bags they give you usually big enough to hold a notebook and other items? (wondering if I should still bring my other tote to registration or will I end up carrying 2)?

Susan, the bag they gave us last year was BIG! I had a big 3 ring binder, my billfold, and sweater in it. Plus there was still room:)

Susan,

In the past, they've given away tote size bags. (if they decide to quit this practice Wave 1 is in trouble -- but it would be the one secret I'd promise to share with Wave 2 & 3!) I've found them big enough to carry notebook, calendar, etc.

I'll be looking for the cheffer guy.

chefjeanine said:
Janice & Jayne,

How are you going into Chicago? I always take the South Shore. I live in Niles. This year I'll be going in a day early (Sunday) because of an extra class our upline is offering. I'll be leaving town on Wednesday (didn't reach that goal of Director by conference :(). Taking the #11 train out-of-town. I get on at the South Bend Airport which is about 15 minutes (maybe) from my home.

My hubby is driving me in. We own a company called The Elkhart Hinge and he has appointments w/vendors and customers while I am doing the PC thing. (business expenses on him) lol.

I am vacationing in Mears, MI. It's about 30 miles north of Muskegon. It is real close to Lake Michigan. It has an ATV sand dunes. You can ride motorcyles, dune buggies (sand rails), ATV's, trucks, Jeeps etc.... on these dunes. It is awesome, it is right on Lake Michigan so you can have fun in the sun on the beach also. There is also a Sand Drag Strip which is one of the reasons we have an old 70's mobile home trailer and property up here!! My hubby and kids all drag race. The kids don't come up as much as they used to cause they have school (college) or work and can't always make it. My daugter and hubby race dragster funny cars and my son races a modified quad (ATV.) They all run between 3.6 and 4.2 seconds down a 300 foot sand strip (thats fast)! I just tool around the dunes in my dune buggy.:D

See you all at CONFERENCE! I will be looking for the Cheffer guy! :D

Last edited:
Jayne said:
My hubby is driving me in. We own a company called The Elkhart Hinge and he has appointments w/vendors and customers while I am doing the PC thing. (business expenses on him) lol.

I am vacationing in Mears, MI. It's about 30 miles north of Muskegon. It is real close to Lake Michigan. It has an ATV sand dunes. You can ride motorcyles, dune buggies (sand rails), ATV's, trucks, Jeeps etc.... on these dunes. It is awesome, it is right on Lake Michigan so you can have fun in the sun on the beach also. There is also a Sand Drag Strip which is one of the reasons we have an old 70's mobile home trailer and property up here!! My hubby and kids all drag race. The kids don't come up as much as they used to cause they have school (college) or work and can't always make it. My daugter and hubby race dragster funny cars and my son races a modified quad (ATV.) They all run between 3.6 and 4.2 seconds down a 300 foot sand strip (thats fast)! I just tool around the dunes in my dune buggy.:D

See you all at CONFERENCE! I will be looking for the Cheffer guy! :D

That sounds like something my family would like:) My father in law drag races, hubby every once in awhile, & my girls & I like to watch. I can't imagine watching on a sand strip! Have fun--see you next week!

chefjeanine said:
Janice & Jayne,

I wish I could go in a day early, but I can only afford 2 nights in a hotel ....bad June sales :(

Jayne, would you be able to pick up a rider at the Chesterton Exit? I would share gas expense!

Last edited:
jwpamp said:
I wish I could go in a day early, but I can only afford 2 nights in a hotel ....bad June sales :(

Jayne, would you be able to pick up a rider at the Chesterton Exit? I would share gas expense!

Janice,

Let me talk to my Hubby and I will let you know. I thought you were driving out with your Hubby? I sent you a PM earlier before I got on, so I must have mis-understood.

Does anyone know what day our paychecks will be deposited???? And how can we find out our comission while away?

its_me_susan said:
Does anyone know what day our paychecks will be deposited???? And how can we find out our comission while away?
The paychecks will go in on the 10th (8th was on the weekend).

You can always check your commission online at consultant's corner. There's a link on the first page after you sign in on the right side of the screen under "shipment status".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views