• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bungee Jumping Adventure at County Fair: My Heart-Stopping Experience!

In summary, Heather jumped off a platform at the local county fair and had a lot of fun. She would do it again. Her husband is an Airborne Ranger and has 108 jumps, so he knows what he's talking about. Crystal is going to have fun too.
heat123
Silver Member
I didn't think I'd have the nerve to do it but I bungeed at the local county fair! What a RUSH! My freind almost died in horror when she went... she wanted to back out but there are NO REFUNDS! She said she Would NEVER do that again! It was a crazy adrenaline right before! lol:eek: I'd do it again! :p

Last edited:
Kudos to you! I look forward to hopefully getting to go out on the glass balcony at the Sears Tower at NC but I admire those with the guts to tie a rope of sorts to their ankles and jump head first off of a platform. Same with skydiving. My luck the bungee would be too long or snap and my parachute wouldn't work. I'll stick to walking on the glass (ok so maybe my luck is the 5ton test isn't accurate...)

Congrats! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!! Thats what its all about.

Silly girl... I could never do that.....Glad you had fun...

Way to go Heather! Glad you had fun - better you than me:) Guess what? Becky, me and Susan, my recruit Colleen and Becky's recruit Johanna all get to sit in the box with Shan again on closing day. I wish you could come this year - you better be here next year:) Happy 4th!

If ever I get the opportunity, I'd do it too!!! I love that kind of stuff!

I would never bungee jump, but skydiving is definitely on my list of things I'd like to do before I die.

You go girl!!!!
You wacko!!!! :d;):d

pampchefsarah said:
I would never bungee jump, but skydiving is definitely on my list of things I'd like to do before I die.

You Have to do it! It is the best! The "scariest" part is when you are about to jump....your brain kicks in a bit, wondering why you're jumping! lol

Once you do jump, it is AMAZING! No roller coaster stomach lurches.....just pure adrenaline, and absolute silence. Truly awesome. Once the chute pops open, then it's a leisurely scenic view down. My favorite is the free fall....love it!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You Have to do it! It is the best! The "scariest" part is when you are about to jump....your brain kicks in a bit, wondering why you're jumping! lol

Once you do jump, it is AMAZING! No roller coaster stomach lurches.....just pure adrenaline, and absolute silence. Truly awesome. Once the chute pops open, then it's a leisurely scenic view down. My favorite is the free fall....love it!

Ditto too about the bungee, right before jumping it's pure Terror and adrenaline!:p

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

Jolie you make it sound so inviting, I wouldn't mind trying it.

My DH was an Airborne Ranger and has 108 jumps, though he assures me it's not that same as civilian sky diving, it's still awesome!!

heat123 said:
Ditto too about the bungee, right before jumping it's pure Terror and adrenaline!:p

I had hoped to add that to my list of adventures, but sadly can not....the jolt on the body, when you reach the end, is too much for my back....sigh.

Glad you had fun!

Crystal Patton said:
Jolie you make it sound so inviting, I wouldn't mind trying it.

My DH was an Airborne Ranger and has 108 jumps, though he assures me it's not that same as civilian sky diving, it's still awesome!!

Go for it Crystal! Just be sure to research the company's safety record. ;)

Your hubby is right....there's is more intense and survival mode than the civilian version....the civilian is definitely nicer and more enjoyable....our lives don't depend on quick thinking and hard core training. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I had hoped to add that to my list of adventures, but sadly can not....the jolt on the body, when you reach the end, is too much for my back....sigh.

Glad you had fun!

Ya know.. I totally worried myself that I'd get back lash or whip lash by the looks of some peoples jolting experience but I didn't feel any jolt or whip like I thought I would thank goodness! :rolleyes:

Gina M said:
Way to go Heather! Glad you had fun - better you than me:) Guess what? Becky, me and Susan, my recruit Colleen and Becky's recruit Johanna all get to sit in the box with Shan again on closing day. I wish you could come this year - you better be here next year:) Happy 4th!

Sweet G! Have fun! I will miss you all this year (again)! :( :cry:

Congratulations. The Furry Guy would love to do that one day. I will be glad to watch. I have no desire to jump off anything. I also refuse to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Unless it's on fire and going down, I'm staying on board.

raebates said:
Congratulations. The Furry Guy would love to do that one day. I will be glad to watch. I have no desire to jump off anything. I also refuse to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Unless it's on fire and going down, I'm staying on board.

I use to say I would sky dive.. but that was before marriage and kids! lol:p Bungee is good enough for my "bucket list". ;)

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Go for it Crystal! Just be sure to research the company's safety record. ;)

Your hubby is right....there's is more intense and survival mode than the civilian version....the civilian is definitely nicer and more enjoyable....our lives don't depend on quick thinking and hard core training. :D

DH never had a combat jump, but he loved the ones where they didn't pack their reserve shoot because the jumps were that low - if the first one didn't open there wasn't time for a second one. :eek: I'm sooooo glad he doesn't do that any more.:D

You are nuts! I like that in a woman! :) Way to go...I personally would not have the guts to do that!

1. What is the age and weight limit for the bungee jumping adventure at the county fair?

The age limit for the bungee jumping adventure is typically 18 years and above. The weight limit varies depending on the equipment and safety regulations, but it is usually between 100-250 pounds.

2. Do I need any prior experience or training to participate in the bungee jumping adventure?

No, prior experience or training is necessary. Our trained professionals will provide you with all the necessary instructions and safety precautions before your jump.

3. Is bungee jumping safe?

Yes, bungee jumping is considered a safe activity when proper safety measures are taken. Our equipment is regularly inspected and our staff is trained to ensure your safety during the jump.

4. Can I bring my own camera to capture my bungee jumping experience?

For safety reasons, we do not allow participants to bring their own cameras. However, we have professional photographers who will capture your jump and provide you with high-quality photos for purchase.

5. Is there a refund policy in case I change my mind about bungee jumping?

We understand that bungee jumping may not be for everyone, so we offer a full refund if you change your mind at least 24 hours before your scheduled jump. However, refunds will not be provided if the cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the scheduled jump.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
amy07