1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: WhooHOOO! I'm Alive!!!

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I didn't think I'd have the nerve to do it but I bungeed at the local county fair! What a RUSH! My freind almost died in horror when she went... she wanted to back out but there are NO REFUNDS! She said she Would NEVER do that again! It was a crazy adrenaline right before! lol:eek: I'd do it again! :p

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Jul 4, 2009
  2. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Kudos to you! I look forward to hopefully getting to go out on the glass balcony at the Sears Tower at NC but I admire those with the guts to tie a rope of sorts to their ankles and jump head first off of a platform. Same with skydiving. My luck the bungee would be too long or snap and my parachute wouldn't work. I'll stick to walking on the glass (ok so maybe my luck is the 5ton test isn't accurate...)

Congrats! Glad you enjoyed yourself!!! Thats what its all about.

Jul 4, 2009
  3. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

Silly girl... I could never do that.....Glad you had fun...

Jul 4, 2009
  4. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Way to go Heather! Glad you had fun - better you than me:) Guess what? Becky, me and Susan, my recruit Colleen and Becky's recruit Johanna all get to sit in the box with Shan again on closing day. I wish you could come this year - you better be here next year:) Happy 4th!

Jul 4, 2009
  5. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

are you CRAZY!?!?!?!?!?!

6. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

If ever I get the opportunity, I'd do it too!!! I love that kind of stuff!

Jul 4, 2009
  7. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I would never bungee jump, but skydiving is definitely on my list of things I'd like to do before I die.

8. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

You go girl!!!!
    You wacko!!!! :d;):d

Jul 5, 2009
  9. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

You Have to do it! It is the best! The "scariest" part is when you are about to jump....your brain kicks in a bit, wondering why you're jumping! lol

Once you do jump, it is AMAZING! No roller coaster stomach lurches.....just pure adrenaline, and absolute silence. Truly awesome. Once the chute pops open, then it's a leisurely scenic view down. My favorite is the free fall....love it!

10. heat123

Ditto too about the bungee, right before jumping it's pure Terror and adrenaline!:p

Jul 5, 2009
  11. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Jolie you make it sound so inviting, I wouldn't mind trying it.

My DH was an Airborne Ranger and has 108 jumps, though he assures me it's not that same as civilian sky diving, it's still awesome!!

12. Jolie_Paradoxe

I had hoped to add that to my list of adventures, but sadly can not....the jolt on the body, when you reach the end, is too much for my back....sigh.

Glad you had fun!

13. Jolie_Paradoxe

Go for it Crystal! Just be sure to research the company's safety record. ;)

Your hubby is right....there's is more intense and survival mode than the civilian version....the civilian is definitely nicer and more enjoyable....our lives don't depend on quick thinking and hard core training. :D

14. heat123

Ya know.. I totally worried myself that I'd get back lash or whip lash by the looks of some peoples jolting experience but I didn't feel any jolt or whip like I thought I would thank goodness! :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2009
  15. heat123

Sweet G! Have fun! I will miss you all this year (again)! :( :cry:

Jul 5, 2009
  16. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Congratulations. The Furry Guy would love to do that one day. I will be glad to watch. I have no desire to jump off anything. I also refuse to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Unless it's on fire and going down, I'm staying on board.

Jul 5, 2009
  17. heat123

I use to say I would sky dive.. but that was before marriage and kids! lol:p Bungee is good enough for my "bucket list". ;)

Jul 5, 2009
  18. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

DH never had a combat jump, but he loved the ones where they didn't pack their reserve shoot because the jumps were that low - if the first one didn't open there wasn't time for a second one. :eek: I'm sooooo glad he doesn't do that any more.:D

19. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Legend Member Gold Member

You are nuts! I like that in a woman! :) Way to go...I personally would not have the guts to do that!

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted