• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Whole Wheat Pasta: Has Anyone Tried It?

It's acatully for a bbq put luck with family party. ;) So even if it tasted bad, I won't loose customers over it! :p
heat123
Silver Member
Has anyone made a recipe with this type pasta?

I am making the one pot creamy pasta and wondered if it will come out tastig ok with whole wheat pasta? That is all I have (I was trying to eat healthier and never used it) lol till now. TIA!

I actually prefer the tast of whole wheat pasta (it's slightly nuttier), and my husband is getting used to it - or, at least has stopped complaining!

You might have to cook it a little longer, but otherwise it works just as well.

pampchefsarah said:
I actually prefer the tast of whole wheat pasta (it's slightly nuttier), and my husband is getting used to it - or, at least has stopped complaining!

You might have to cook it a little longer, but otherwise it works just as well.

Great, thanks for the cooking longer tip!:thumbup:

I usually use whole wheat pasta. IMO, regular pasta does taste better, but the whole wheat stuff is good enough - not so bad that I quit buying it. My family eats it w/o complaints.

I have always used whole wheat pasta and nobody has ever said anything negitive. I think if you don't make a big deal out of it, most people won't even notice.

rennea said:
I have always used whole wheat pasta and nobody has ever said anything negitive. I think if you don't make a big deal out of it, most people won't even notice.

I agree - don't even say anything about it.

heehe, I wasn't planning on telling anyone, I just didn't want the recipe to taste bad! lol

heat123 said:
heehe, I wasn't planning on telling anyone, I just didn't want the recipe to taste bad! lol

I've used it with the one pot creamy pasta & the toasted angel hair W/sausage & peppers & no one has said a word. Actually a lot were glad that we could use it!! ;)

So should I cook it longer than regular pasta, overall everyone??

I think I cooked it about the same...

heat123 said:

OH - LOL.

it is a new recipe to your customers - so they won't know what it would have tasted like with regular pasta - HAHA!

stefani2 said:
OH - LOL.

it is a new recipe to your customers - so they won't know what it would have tasted like with regular pasta - HAHA!

It's acatully for a bbq put luck with family party. ;) So even if it tasted bad, I won't loose customers over it! :p

1. Is whole wheat pasta healthier than regular pasta?

Yes, whole wheat pasta is considered to be a healthier option than regular pasta because it is made from whole grains and contains more fiber, protein, and nutrients.

2. Does whole wheat pasta taste different than regular pasta?

Whole wheat pasta does have a slightly different taste than regular pasta due to its nutty and earthy flavor. However, it can easily be masked by flavorful sauces and toppings.

3. How do I cook whole wheat pasta?

Cooking whole wheat pasta is similar to cooking regular pasta. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package for specific cooking times.

4. Can I substitute whole wheat pasta in any recipe?

While you can substitute whole wheat pasta in most recipes, the texture and flavor may be slightly different. It is best to stick to recipes that specifically call for whole wheat pasta to ensure the best results.

5. Is whole wheat pasta more expensive than regular pasta?

Whole wheat pasta may be slightly more expensive than regular pasta, but it is still an affordable and nutritious option. Plus, it can help save money on healthcare costs in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies