• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Will Have a More Successful Career: David Cook or David Archuleta?

In summary, the finale of American Idol was great. I was happy to see David Cook win, as I think he is a great singer with a lot of potential. Little David will have a successful career, just let him grow up a bit more first.
MissChef
Gold Member
Well, I for one, am so excited that David Cook won and I think he was the better choice because of his versatility! I loved little David A. too, and at first I wanted him to win, but he always sings the same way and David C. can sing in many styles. He totally won me over after his Billie Jean performance! I wish little David nothing but luck and I think with some more time spent singing and trying to try some new styles, I think in a few years he could win something simular to American Idol, or just make it big on his own. I thought he handles his loss with grace and am very impressed. I think Dave C. handles his win very respectfully to little David and I think he would have been just as graceful had he lost.
I also fully enjoyed the show last night, it was both fun and had some really great talent on there!
But I think David, the Idol, will do very well with his career and I am so excited for him!:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

I Love AI!I love David Cook! He is such a talent. Archie is too, but I think he has some growing to do. He has an amazing voice, though. I really enjoyed the finale & all the musical acts (I won't name any in case someone hasn't watched it yet). There were a couple I was thrilled to see. Anywho, I wish both Davids the best of luck. Can't wait until January! :)

David Cook had me at "Hello".

The song that is....hee hee.

I'm glad he won - I think he is the one most ready for the onslaught of fame and opportunity. Little David will have a very successful career, I'm sure - just let him grow up a bit more first! He has such a pure voice.

We watch it as much as possible. Very happy for both David's and figure David A will have a great singing career anyway.

I am soooooo glad Cook won. I'm from Utah and didn't want Archie to win. I just don't like him. He already has a cd out and it failed horribly. I do think that he will do better this time around because he has Idol to back him. But I won't be suprised if he gets "Lost" like Taylor Hicks and some of the other Idols have.

I am for sure going to buy Cook's cd when it comes out next year. I liked his "Dream Big" song that he sang on Tuesday, I hope it is on the cd.

cookinmama said:
I am soooooo glad Cook won. I'm from Utah and didn't want Archie to win. I just don't like him. He already has a cd out and it failed horribly. I do think that he will do better this time around because he has Idol to back him. But I won't be suprised if he gets "Lost" like Taylor Hicks and some of the other Idols have.

I am for sure going to buy Cook's cd when it comes out next year. I liked his "Dream Big" song that he sang on Tuesday, I hope it is on the cd.

David Cook had a CD has well that also failed (though I have it, and I think it's pretty good). So did Brooke White and Carly Smithson (Carly Hennessey at the time).

ChefBeckyD said:
David Cook had me at "Hello".

The song that is....hee hee.

I'm glad he won - I think he is the one most ready for the onslaught of fame and opportunity. Little David will have a very successful career, I'm sure - just let him grow up a bit more first! He has such a pure voice.

Becky, I wasn't able to watch the whole season, but I remember that performance, it was one of the ones that I caught. I think the beginning of the show is funny, because of all the people that actually think they can sing and they are terrible!:yuck: But I don't watch it much, because it takes so dang long to watch!! And my hubby looses his patience with it, he only can deal with it when they weed out the not so talented and actually have the real deals on there!
christy_c said:
I love David Cook! He is such a talent. Archie is too, but I think he has some growing to do. He has an amazing voice, though. I really enjoyed the finale & all the musical acts (I won't name any in case someone hasn't watched it yet). There were a couple I was thrilled to see. Anywho, I wish both Davids the best of luck. Can't wait until January! :)

The parts that I bolded are exactly what I was thinking! And a lot of the news people and interviews with critics are saying the same thing. Like I love Jordin from last year but they think her age and lack of life experiences and overall ability to deal with it all, is why she's not soaring to the top, like Kelly Clarkston, and Carrie Underwood. I have said from when I first started really getting into it, at about the top 10, that David A. was amazingly gifted and was so dang cute and I love his innocence, but that I felt this industry would chew him up and spit him out! Where I think David C. can handle it better and he will be able to roll with it, so to speak! I think he will do amazing well, if he gets the right backing.
I just find it funny how I said all this stuff from the beginning, well the beginning of me being able to really watch it! I told my kids then that I thought it would be the 2 David's in the finale! I had wanted Carly there too but oh well. I also think Seyesha grew so much in this competition and that she will go on to do well too. I think she would make an excellent stage/theater performer... she is an actress so she should go with what she's good at, and I think she listened to all their advice and really did well and I wish her all the best too!
Anyway, I am just stoked that David C. won! I read on line somewhere that his big brother is in his second bout of brain cancer and that it has traveled to his spine. I think that that is why David shed a tear after his last song on Tuesday night. That is why he has AC on his guitar, it is his brother's intials, Adam Cook. He was able to be released by the doctors to make the trip on Tuesday to see his brother perform and I think David C was totally overwhelmed!
I don't think he (his brother!)was there last night though..... I can see a song from David C on his new album dedicated to his brother..... The whole family seem like they have amazing chemistry!:thumbup: :balloon:

Last edited:
leftymac said:
David Cook had a CD has well that also failed (though I have it, and I think it's pretty good). So did Brooke White and Carly Smithson (Carly Hennessey at the time).

Have you seen how much David Cook's CDs are going for on ebay?

Stoopid DVR
MissChef said:
Well, I for one, am so excited that David Cook won and I think he was the better choice because of his versatility! I loved little David A. too, and at first I wanted him to win, but he always sings the same way and David C. can sing in many styles. He totally won me over after his Billie Jean performance! I wish little David nothing but luck and I think with some more time spent singing and trying to try some new styles, I think in a few years he could win something simular to American Idol, or just make it big on his own. I thought he handles his loss with grace and am very impressed. I think Dave C. handles his win very respectfully to little David and I think he would have been just as graceful had he lost.
I also fully enjoyed the show last night, it was both fun and had some really great talent on there!
But I think David, the Idol, will do very well with his career and I am so excited for him!:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

My TiVo cut off the last 2-5 minutes of the show because it ran long, so I heard Ryan say David Cooks name and that was it! I'm super bummed!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
My TiVo cut off the last 2-5 minutes of the show because it ran long, so I heard Ryan say David Cooks name and that was it! I'm super bummed!!!

We got to "The winner is" and then it cut off. All I could do was shake my head, because last year, the same thing happened. Shoulda learned!

MissChef said:
Becky, I wasn't able to watch the whole season, but I remember that performance, it was one of the ones that I caught. I think the beginning of the show is funny, because of all the people that actually think they can sing and they are terrible!:yuck: But I don't watch it much, because it takes so dang long to watch!! And my hubby looses his patience with it, he only can deal with it when they weed out the not so talented and actually have the real deals on there!

The parts that I bolded are exactly what I was thinking! And a lot of the news people and interviews with critics are saying the same thing. Like I love Jordin from last year but they think her age and lack of life experiences and overall ability to deal with it all, is why she's not soaring to the top, like Kelly Clarkston, and Carrie Underwood. I have said from when I first started really getting into it, at about the top 10, that David A. was amazingly gifted and was so dang cute and I love his innocence, but that I felt this industry would chew him up and spit him out! Where I think David C. can handle it better and he will be able to roll with it, so to speak! I think he will do amazing well, if he gets the right backing.
I just find it funny how I said all this stuff from the beginning, well the beginning of me being able to really watch it! I told my kids then that I thought it would be the 2 David's in the finale! I had wanted Carly there too but oh well. I also think Seyesha grew so much in this competition and that she will go on to do well too. I think she would make an excellent stage/theater performer... she is an actress so she should go with what she's good at, and I think she listened to all their advice and really did well and I wish her all the best too!
Anyway, I am just stoked that David C. won! I read on line somewhere that his big brother is in his second bout of brain cancer and that it has traveled to his spine. I think that that is why David shed a tear after his last song on Tuesday night. That is why he has AC on his guitar, it is his brother's intials, Adam Cook. He was able to be released by the doctors to make the trip on Tuesday to see his brother perform and I think David C was totally overwhelmed!
I don't think he (his brother!)was there last night though..... I can see a song from David C on his new album dedicated to his brother..... The whole family seem like they have amazing chemistry!:thumbup: :balloon:

I thought AC was for his little brother Andrew who tried out for the show and David came down from Oklahoma to show his support and got lasso'd into trying out as well. David made it and Andrew did not.

YAY DAVID COOK!! My boys and I are SO happy! We all loved him the whole way through - my 6yo would cheer every Tuesday and Wednesday for "David Cook! David Cook!" ;)

I was so happy to see David Cook win too. He actually took some chances nearly every week and I loved what he did. I am sure that he will do great. I also think that David A. will do okay in a few years.

Kitchen Diva said:
I thought AC was for his little brother Andrew who tried out for the show and David came down from Oklahoma to show his support and got lasso'd into trying out as well. David made it and Andrew did not.
Nope, I thought the same thing until I read it on line yesterday, it said it was for his older brother Adam.... either way, that family is close!:thumbup:

Kitchen Diva said:
Here you go Kacey, I searched on line and found the 2 links about his ailing older brother:(

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9595/?__source=rss|latest_news

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9106/?__source=rss|latest_news

dianevill said:
We got to "The winner is" and then it cut off. All I could do was shake my head, because last year, the same thing happened. Shoulda learned!
You would think I'd have learned that, too! I just wasn't thinking!

MissChef said:
Here you go Kacey, I searched on line and found the 2 links about his ailing older brother:(

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9595/?__source=rss|latest_news

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9106/?__source=rss|latest_news

thanks, Cathy, I'll read that later today. :)

of course everyone will have to copy and paste it into your browsers, sometimes I do great linking shortcuts and other times I just don't get it!!LOL!:rolleyes:

David Cook!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So how many of you actually VOTED?! My DH and I voted atleast 100 times each for Cook and was so excited to see that he had won. I actually fell asleep with the phone in my hand dialing the number!
I think Archuleta will have a career, but just don't think he's mature enough to have a career in this profession yet. He needs a little more practice (excuse me for lack of a better word), but I think he'll eventually be very successful.
Best of luck to the both of them! I LOVE DAVID COOK!!!

ragschef said:
So how many of you actually VOTED?! My DH and I voted atleast 100 times each for Cook and was so excited to see that he had won. I actually fell asleep with the phone in my hand dialing the number!
I think Archuleta will have a career, but just don't think he's mature enough to have a career in this profession yet. He needs a little more practice (excuse me for lack of a better word), but I think he'll eventually be very successful.
Best of luck to the both of them! I LOVE DAVID COOK!!!
I did, I did, I had two cell phones, 1 in each hand and was busy redialing and redialing. Finally around midnight I was able to get in more than once ever 5-6 minutes..... I must have voted close to 200 times. Did the same thing last year with Jordin!
I SO LOVE DAVID COOK! If I wasn't a married woman, I'd try to find him! :eek: :love: :D LOL! I can't wait to see his future recording career blast off right in front of us, I'm so glad to be along for the ride! He's awesome!

I LOVE the show and watch it every year. I don't vote though. It is interesting to follow the whole thing and make predictions and be right or way off!

Misssed this thread before, but I was stoked when DC won! I've loved him all along! He is way more marketable than "little David".....I couldn't believe how much he won by! No question who was the favorite; and yes I voted too!
I can't wait for his new CD; he reminds me of Daughtry who is my ultimate fave:love:
I think it's such a fun show that you can watch as a family. My girls love it too; & it's fun to watch with them.

lacychef said:
Misssed this thread before, but I was stoked when DC won! I've loved him all along! He is way more marketable than "little David".....I couldn't believe how much he won by! No question who was the favorite; and yes I voted too!
I can't wait for his new CD; he reminds me of Daughtry who is my ultimate fave:love:
I think it's such a fun show that you can watch as a family. My girls love it too; & it's fun to watch with them.

I agree with you Lacy - I love Daughtry and think David Cook will be just as great as he is!

I have a theory. I think Simon wanted David Cook to win, so he declared David A the winner. All season long whomever Simon declared the winner for the night seemed to get voted off!! Simon even made a comment about it at one point. If you watch Simon's reaction when they announce David Cook, it's like "Yes!!" He even raises his Coke glass to him! I think Simon manimulated America! I mean, it worked for me, I went and voted for DC after Simon declared DA the winner!!

pjpamchef said:
I have a theory. I think Simon wanted David Cook to win, so he declared David A the winner. All season long whomever Simon declared the winner for the night seemed to get voted off!! Simon even made a comment about it at one point. If you watch Simon's reaction when they announce David Cook, it's like "Yes!!" He even raises his Coke glass to him! I think Simon manimulated America! I mean, it worked for me, I went and voted for DC after Simon declared DA the winner!!

I love DC, and wanted him to win....but I had that same thought, and felt like it was confirmed when Simon apologized to him just before they announced the winner. So un-Simon like!

I think the judges manipulate the entire season long. Syesha was WONDERFUL! When she was in the top 3 she did better than one of the David's (I don't remember which one now), but the judges reamed her! They were all way off base and mean. They didn't want her in the finals and it was obvious, especially when Paula said something negative.

I know she'll do well though. It is probably better for her career if she didn 't win. I think as the winner you are so tied up with what "the machine" has planned for you and as one of the "losers" you have more freedom as to what you want to do.

Chef Kearns said:
I think the judges manipulate the entire season long. Syesha was WONDERFUL! When she was in the top 3 she did better than one of the David's (I don't remember which one now), but the judges reamed her! They were all way off base and mean. They didn't want her in the finals and it was obvious, especially when Paula said something negative.

I know she'll do well though. It is probably better for her career if she didn 't win. I think as the winner you are so tied up with what "the machine" has planned for you and as one of the "losers" you have more freedom as to what you want to do.

I agree that Syesha was wonderful - she was the whole package - so cute, and her personality just shined when she was on stage, and I loved the way that she could totally change her look from one night to the next.....but I also think that she has a much better career ahead of her w/o the Title. She can do more than just sing - and I bet she is already getting movie and broadway offers - I'm sure (and I hope!) we will be seeing much more of her!

pjpamchef said:

You might be on to something there! I love how he was apologizing!

1. Who watches American Idol?

American Idol is watched by a diverse audience, including people of all ages, backgrounds, and interests. Many fans of the show are music lovers, aspiring singers, or simply enjoy the entertainment and competition aspect of the show.

2. What is the typical demographic of American Idol viewers?

The typical demographic of American Idol viewers varies, but it generally includes a large number of young adults and teenagers. However, the show also has a significant viewership among older adults and families.

3. How many people watch American Idol?

The viewership for American Idol has varied over the years, but at its peak, the show was watched by more than 30 million people each week. In recent years, the viewership has decreased, but it still remains one of the most-watched reality competition shows on television.

4. What makes American Idol such a popular show?

American Idol's popularity can be attributed to several factors, including its unique format that allows viewers to vote for their favorite contestants, the talented and diverse pool of contestants, and the entertainment and drama that comes with the competition aspect of the show.

5. Are there any famous celebrities who have watched or been on American Idol?

Many famous celebrities have watched or been on American Idol, including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Jennifer Hudson, who all went on to have successful music careers after appearing on the show. Other celebrities, such as Katy Perry, have also been judges on the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies