• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lapboards: Who Uses Them & Where to Find Them

for your input. I was looking at the Merrill ones and thought about getting them.The best websites for consultants are: Consultant's Corner (www.consultantscorner.com), Promoting your Business (www.promoteyourbusiness.com), and Licensed Merchandise Vendors (www.licensedmerchandisevendors.com). Merrill Corp. does not have a website, but you can find them at various office supply stores.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Who uses lapboards? And if you do, what are they made of/where did you get them?

I do not use them but you can make your own by getting the cheap 3 ring binders with the pocket on the inside front and back from the office store. You then at the binding basicaly cut out the rings. Watch the office stores for sales. You can usually do this for less than 20$ for 12. I have seen the cheap white ones sell in packs of 6 or 12 at reasonable prices.
I hope I explained it ok...It's too early for me to be thinking clearly and its snowing outside.... :)
I had thought of doing this a while ago. decided I didn't want the bulk.

HTH!
Paulette

AJ--I just ordered some from Merrill in Jan. They look very nice and professional. They are white and I believe have a hard board in the middle. On the back is a clear sleeve that you can insert a flyer and on the front there is a space for your business card, so guests can take them with them at the shows. The chef's hat is on the front along with a pen holder at the top. Overall they look very nice.

You can check them out from Consultant's Corner -- Promoting your Business -- Licensed Merchandise Vendors -- Then at the bottom click on Merrill's logo. They are more expensive than the binder thing, but they look better (because they have the chef's hat and our new tag line on them) and you don't have to do any work to get them ready -- just put in your paperwork.

I have made my own from 3 ring binders. I purchased the ones with the inside pocket, as well as the clear full length pocket on the outside of the front and back. That way, once I made the boards I have the small pocket to put in an order form, the catalog, and an opportunity flyer. On the back (in the clear pocket) I have inserted the color host benefits flyer. That way, I only have to change it out each season.

HTH

I use the pocketed folders ($0.49 each at Staples), I put my flyers in the pockets including the host/guest special and then to insert my catalogs, which helps them not to get taken, I use contact paper and put a small lip on the binding of the catalog and then use the contact paper to go through the holes. Because it has the lips, you can't even see the contact paper and when you're done you can take the paper off without destroying the catalog.

Thanks for your input. I was looking at the Merrill ones and thought about getting them.

I bought several clip boards at walmart... $.97 each... cheap... but they are heavy and bulky!
Then a former consultant gave me the black lapboards (the old ones) I guess from Town and Country... They are sooo much easier! and Professional looking!
I recommend the ones from Merrill Corp...with the PC logo on it, it makes it look professional. And they don't take up much room in my bag!

Since our catalog has the Host Rewards Program and 1/2 pr.combinations on the last page, I always direct people to open to the last page, while I'm talking Hosts. So I really don't put anything on the back...maybe I should put the Super Start flyer there??

I have the flipchart, so I keep that open to the Guest Special during my demo.

I bought 3 ring binders at Walmart at $2 each. Stickers through Merrill $5(?) I got 250 of them (they are the new logo) I put the stickers on the front pocket. I use the back for specials right now it's the Simple Additions flyer.

I'm sure the ones at Merrill are very nice, I just like to pinch pennies.

Good Websites needed.Can anyone tell me some other good websites for consultants? Also does Merrill have a website?
Thanks

1. Who typically uses lapboards?

Lapboards are commonly used by chefs, bakers, and home cooks who need a portable and convenient surface for food preparation. They are also popular among individuals who enjoy hosting cooking demonstrations or parties.

2. Can lapboards be used in professional kitchens?

Yes, lapboards are frequently used in professional kitchens as well. They provide a portable and hygienic workspace for chefs and can easily be cleaned and sanitized between uses.

3. Where can I find lapboards?

Lapboards can be found at most kitchen supply stores, as well as online from retailers such as Pampered Chef. They are also commonly sold at culinary events and trade shows.

4. What materials are lapboards typically made of?

Lapboards are usually made of durable materials such as wood, plastic, or bamboo. Some may also have a non-slip surface or be heat-resistant for added functionality.

5. Can lapboards be personalized?

Yes, many lapboards can be personalized with engravings or custom designs. This makes them a great gift for chefs or home cooks who enjoy adding a personal touch to their kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
TonyaLovesPC
  • cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tpasto
  • wadesgirl