1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Who plays Farmtown?

1. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Oh dear...Farm Town addicts have got a problem tonight! It is messing up and no one can get on! Oh geez...what are we gonna do??? At least I have watermelons and strawberries which will hold till tomorrow!

Sarah...loved you getting those harvested. I just wish they would let us "hire" people to plow too! LOL!

The initial set up of my "crop circles" took about 4 hours... I just plowed it all then started "deleting" the ones I wanted gone... I use unplowed land to spell everything out so I don't have to redo it. I changed it a couple of times before I got to 24 x 24 farm land. Now I am done reorganizing. I do a section of 1-day crops, 2-day crops, 3-day crops, then outline my letters in pumpkins (4-day crop).

Jun 4, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I know - once you get to level 25 it feels like it takes F*O*R*E*V*E*R to get to the next level. There are more points between level 29 and 30 than there are in the first 15 levles of the entire game. add me - Sharon Blanchard - or we2blanchards@yahoo.com My farm is Henny Penny Acres and I'm Clemintine Darlin!

Jun 4, 2009
  3. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

OK. I've learned a lot about F from this post. For one, I didn't know about the crops lasting. Two, uh, I already forgot! I did learn from someone harvesting my crops that you could 'hide' your trees to make it easier to harvest!

Anyway, I'm Annabelle, and my farm is "Quilter's Eden". Would love to be your neighbor!

Jun 4, 2009
  4. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I have you as my neighbor.:)

Jun 5, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Here's another tip that I loved learning:

In addition to clicking "hide tree", you can click on the wrench and de-select "show trees", that way you can harvest someone's farm w/o accidently doing their trees when they've told you to leave them alone. It also helps when the trees are blocking a lot of the crops. It's a lot faster than clicking "hide tree" on each one. :D

Also if you are harvesting someone's farm and you want to click on someone (to hire them or add them to your buddy list or something), just click on the walk symbol to drop the harvest tool. (I have a friend who was on level 30 and didn't know this, so I thought I'd share it just in case there's anyone else who didn't know.)

Jun 5, 2009
  6. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

will do tonight when I get home... :)

Jun 5, 2009
  7. babywings76

Did you see all the new changes?! Check out each section of the store! Love the options! I wish we could have bigger farms to fit all the things that we could do with all of them! I just planted some flowers and changed my hairdo! :D

Jun 7, 2009
  8. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

You can "buy" a bigger farm as you move up in levels. You go to I think the real estate office (when you click on map).

You have to be up in the levels though and it costs like $20,000 for the first upgrade.

Jun 7, 2009
  9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

me too! Funky pink stripes :D

Jun 7, 2009
  10. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

Love/hate that stupid game! I redid my farm today! Add me as a neighbor. My name on their is Kelly Kay

Jun 7, 2009
  11. babywings76

I've upgraded as many levels as I can though....I'm out of options now. ;) It would be cool if we could buy a second plot of land to connect to our farms. One for the homestead and one for the crops. :)

Jun 8, 2009
  12. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

You guys got me started on this game Friday and I was almost late getting my stuff together for a party on Sat. afternoon. I'm hooked.

Can someone tell me about fruit trees? Some people don't like them picked right away. Is time on FT the same as real time? Do animals destroy crops if left loose?

Jun 8, 2009
  13. babywings76

You should read the help & rules at the top tab of the game. It'll help a lot. But to answer your questions:

Fruit trees don't go to waste/expire, so some people like to keep them w/ fruit on it to add color to their farm. Sometimes I leave mine till a big group is all ready at the same time. It's more fun to harvest trees when there's a row of them ready at the same time. A FT day is 20 hours, so keep that in mind when you plant your day crops. My understanding of the rules was that the animals currently won't eat your crops. They will look like they are eating, but that's just an option in their design functions. I try to pen in my animals just in case, because someone said they heard people complaining about their crops getting eaten. Now, sometimes there are glitches in the game and I'll swear I plowed and planted a whole field. Then I'll go back later and a patch is missing. So maybe the people thought it was the animals, when really it was the game.

Jun 8, 2009
  14. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

I play it too..actually..I was just planting grapes before I signed on here..LOL

15. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Amanda, Do you hit save before you leave? I do that every time I leave farm town

Jun 8, 2009
  16. babywings76

I wasn't aware of the need to do it before, so now I do hit save before leaving.

Jun 8, 2009
  17. colegrovet

Got a whole bunch of pumpkins to harves tonight when I get home from my cluster meeting.. :)

Jun 8, 2009
  18. gailz2

hire me to harvest them -- LOL

Jun 8, 2009
  19. ughubug

ughubug Member

SAD SAD SAD all of my grapes will go to waste the app has been down all night

Jun 9, 2009
  20. colegrovet

I know, was in the middle of havesting my pumpkins.. the 3 people I had helping me were not happy...

Jun 9, 2009
  21. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I harvested my friends pumkins yesterday and it took me 2 hrs to do it. Her farm was huge.

Jun 9, 2009
  22. colegrovet

made some serious coin from that harvest..

Jun 9, 2009
  23. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

yes I did I made over 150 coins.

Jun 9, 2009
  24. kcjodih

love, love, love farmtown! 8 days and I'm on level 23. I need to get myself a house now :)

Jun 9, 2009
  25. colegrovet

they go a lot slower from that level up... I'm about 1/2 way through level 29.

Jun 9, 2009
  26. babywings76

I just reached level 27. Anyone know the # that it is that you hit to reach the next level? I know when I buy things, it raises my points. Does buying the more expensive seeds also do the same? I know we get 1 pt for plowing and 2 for planting, so right now I'm doing grapes (if I know I'm going to be able to be on later to harvest) because that means I'm turning over crops and earning more points in a day. But if the price of the crop adds to our points, maybe I need to rethink that strategy?

Jun 9, 2009
  27. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Maybe it's a good thing I've never gotten into FT. I would NEVER get anything else done! :D

Jun 9, 2009
  28. colegrovet

there is no increase in points for various crops.
    you do get points for "tending" your neighbors farms...

I don't remember the points needed to reach 28... (45000 comes to mind)

Jun 9, 2009
  29. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

Ok i sent requests to those of you who posted emails, but I can't figure out how to do it just for names and farms. I should be making calls right now but farmtown is much more fun!! :rolleyes:

Jun 9, 2009
  30. gailz2

my facebook is Gail Zabawsky and my FT is Grandma Gail.

Jun 9, 2009
  31. pcchefjane

You had to have made more than that! Pumpkins get 99 coins for the harvester! I know you weren't at my place 2 hours! LOL!

Jun 9, 2009
  32. pcchefjane

I checked last night...it is 45000! I am over 40000 now but still have a ways! I don't want to spend all the extra time online to do grapes. The new flowers give you 2 XP (which is what you need to get to the next level) for planting them...

Jun 9, 2009
  33. gothim0802

gothim0802 Member

I LOVE IT!! Cant stop!

Jun 9, 2009
  34. kcjodih

yep, 3 hours and counting tonight so far on ft :blushing:

Jun 9, 2009
  35. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

my goodness! I'm so addicted i haven't even been on CS in over a week. I'm new to Facebook anyway...i only started my page about 2 weeks ago. And since then I haven't logged in to anything else...it's sad...so sad... But I love it and can't stop!!! :D:p:)

36. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm on farmtown too and addicted like many others!! I find myself thinking about it all day and constantly checking my harvests! LOL

Jun 18, 2009
  37. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Legend Member Gold Member

Becky, Micah would really enjoy the Farm Town game! :)

Jun 18, 2009
  38. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I've decided not to introduce it to him while the weather is nice. I'm old school, and I think he shouldn't be sitting in front of the computer when he can be outdoors playing. He has tooooo much pent up energy to just be sitting!

Jun 18, 2009
  39. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I'm so glad this thread was started. I just started my farm about a week ago and I had asked some of my family members to get on to be my neighbors and they thought I was crazy. Now it's nice to know that I have PC family that I can request as neigbors. Be on the look out for me my name is Venus Alarcon and my farm is Venus's Farm. This is so addicting and fun. The first night I started I went to sleep and that's all I dreamed about that night. Haha!

40. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh my word. I just got started on FT on Monday and this is just SICK. SICK, SICK, SICK!!!!!! I can't help but check on it every little bit, see others, work for others, etc. This is horrible. Who ever invented this evil, evil game???

Jun 19, 2009
Have something to add?