• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Recipes for Hosts: Tips & Tricks for Deciding What to Make

In summary, the recipes in the Celebrations folder are easy to follow and do not require alot of concentration. They are also versatile and can be made in advance.
ooshmeister
Hi everyone! I have loved reading all the information. I have been a PC for 1 year and still love it. For the most part, do you offer several recipes per month and let your host choose which one. I need suggestions for deciding which recipe to make. There are so many in each reference...PUG , cookbooks, emails from my director, it can be overwhelming...any suggestions would be helpful. When host coaching , I can decipher what my host likes but then it's the whole process of learning that recipe and buying the ingredients. It gets expensive!

I usually have a standard list of 3 desserts and 3 main dishes for my hosts to chooses up to 2 from. I also have different recipes for themed shows ie brunch, chocolate, mexican. If it is a free show then I don't give them a choice and prepare what I choose.

CelebrationsFor this past year I have stayed to the Celebrations themes. It is alot easier and there are 9 recipes. From each category there is one I prefer to demo and those are the ones I try to get her/him to choose from. I used to change my recipe offering every month, but I got tired of it and now stick to Celebrations. Pampered Chef has done the work for you. You know what to cross-sell with, in what order you should do things, and what can be prepped ahead of time. All you have to do is read the pamplet that comes with the Celebrations folder.

I like it that way. So far I haven't gotten bored with the recipes. It helps me not concentrate so much on the food because I can do them in my sleep. I can interact more with the guests.

Just my 2 cents.

I have always let my host pick the recipe so that they can go off their budget and see what they have in thier pantry i have not had any problems with that.

thanksThanks for your replies. I will review my celebrations folder. It does seem like it's an easy menu since PC has done the work already. I'm intrigued by the "krzymomof4" (may have misspelled) stating you have a standard list of desserts and main dishes. May I inquire what those are? How do you squeeze 2 recipes in and still have time for everything else like door prize slips and games (if applicable)? :)

I have a dessert recipe or a "succulent" recipe and my hosts can choose which one they want for their show. If a host doesn't seem like they would like either one I picked out then I try to find something different that I have done in the past and am familiar with. Now if I have a host that does a theme show then the recipe will be different. Otherwise I try to keep it simple for me and my hosts. This month I'm doing recipes that feature the cookware since its the host special for February and I want to get alot of bookings for next month.

Right now on my recipe sheet is the Taffy Apple Pizza, , Banana Toffee Pizza, Strawberry Margarita Squares(made in advance), Tiramisu Brownie Squares, Bistro Chicken Twist, Garden Ranch Pizza, Savory Cheese Crostini, Taco Ring and Chicken and Broccoli Ring. I usually go back through it every 3-4 months and add new ones that I like and take off ones that just aren't working well for me.

Very helpfulThanks so much Janel and Krzymomof4. Those suggestions were just what I needed to move forward! :)

1. How do I decide which recipes to make for my host's party?

The first step is to ask your host what type of event they are hosting and if they have any specific requests for dishes. You can also consider their guests' dietary restrictions and preferences. Additionally, choose recipes that can be prepared ahead of time to make the party planning easier.

2. What is the best way to organize my recipes for the party?

One option is to create a recipe binder or use a recipe organizing app. You can also categorize your recipes by type (appetizers, entrees, desserts) or by dietary restrictions (gluten-free, vegetarian, etc.). Another helpful tip is to create a shopping list for each recipe to make grocery shopping more efficient.

3. How many recipes should I plan to make for a party?

This will depend on the number of guests and the length of the party. As a general rule, plan for 2-3 appetizers per person for a shorter party and 3-5 appetizers for a longer party. For main dishes, plan for 1-2 servings per person. It's always better to have a little extra food than not enough.

4. Can I use recipes from other sources besides Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can use recipes from other sources, but we recommend using Pampered Chef recipes to ensure the best quality and presentation. You can also modify Pampered Chef recipes to fit your host's preferences and dietary restrictions.

5. Do I need to bring all the ingredients to the party?

It's a good idea to bring the ingredients for the recipes you plan to make, but you can also ask your host if they can provide any ingredients or kitchen tools. Don't forget to bring your own Pampered Chef products to showcase and use during the party!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • NooraK