• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Pays Their Husband or Other?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of paying family members for helping with business tasks and how to determine a reasonable amount. Some shared their own experiences and ideas, such as using a portion of the earnings for home renovations or offering incentive trips for significant others who help with business tasks. There was also discussion about the legalities and tax implications of paying family members, with some mentioning that paying children under 18 may be tax-free.
its_me_susan
My husband washes most of my dishes so I've paid him (use) here and there, but I have no idea what is a reasonable amount. I'm hoping some of you seasoned consultants will tell me how to figure out his paycheck, and even my own. I just keep my PC stuff in that bank account and use it only for business expenses & products~ need to start paying myself too.

Care to share?

Thank you!
Susan :)

My hubby knows that almost anything that I get paid goes back into the business as it's more part time for me. Since I will be working full time in the "outside" world I know he will do everything he can to help me without getting paid since I will be actually working 2 jobs. In the 2 years I have done this I have never truely paid myself, it's just extra money that goes into the household kiddy. I am curious to see what others have to say on this subject.

soonerchef said:
My hubby knows that almost anything that I get paid goes back into the business as it's more part time for me. Since I will be working full time in the "outside" world I know he will do everything he can to help me without getting paid since I will be actually working 2 jobs. In the 2 years I have done this I have never truely paid myself, it's just extra money that goes into the household kiddy. I am curious to see what others have to say on this subject.

Andrea, just so you know when I say I'm going to "pay" him, I know it'll be a business expense.... and I plan to put HIS pay towards my family room renovations. He doesn't expect anything ~ didn't want you thinking he was demanding to be paid or anything. I'm like you at this point, but want to do more "saving & paying" and taking all the legitament business expenses I can. :)

I heard a story about a director who has her husband clean the dishes after her shows to "earn" his trips on the incentive trips she goes on. If he wants to come with her, he has to work to earn it :)

Susan, I know exactly what you are talking about. I would love to do something to let my hubby know that I appreciate him hauling my totes to and from the car and for washing my dishes and I think your idea is great...it's something tangible that lets you know you appreciate it.

soonerchef said:
Susan, I know exactly what you are talking about. I would love to do something to let my hubby know that I appreciate him hauling my totes to and from the car and for washing my dishes and I think your idea is great...it's something tangible that lets you know you appreciate it.

Right and helps the family since a savings account towards a better living space makes for a happy mom, which in turn makes a happy family. :)

I love the "earning his trips" thought too. So does she claim his portion a business expense, and not pay him?

This is me!!
pamperedval said:
I heard a story about a director who has her husband clean the dishes after her shows to "earn" his trips on the incentive trips she goes on. If he wants to come with her, he has to work to earn it :)

:D :D My husband earns his trip by helping with dishes, carrying my stuff to the car and even making host packets. :D :D I told him this year that I could take someone else to Vienna if he didn't help me and he said it was too late for someone to get a passport...but then I reminded him that my best friend already has her passport...this shut him up!!:D :rolleyes:

But I don't know the legalities of paying my husband. If I did pay him then he would have to pay taxes on that money...so I don't think it would make a difference on our taxes! As an adult you are required to pay taxes on every $ you earn...and I think it would just make my taxes confusing to do this!

I know a lot of consultant's who do pay their children to stamp catalogs, do dishes...etc. They do pay their children and are able to write this off on their taxes. They then in turn put their child's paycheck in a savings account for them!! So this is tax free $$$ for their children!I am not sure of the #s...but I know there is a limit...I want to say $5000 a year tax free for children under 18. But don't quote me on that!!

wait a minute!!Your hubby's actually WASH your dishes? I think I would probably have a heart attack if mine did that:) That is a really cute idea about hubby earning the incentive trip. I earned level 1 last year, hoping to earn level 2 this year... maybe I'll have to try this!;)

My hubby washed the dishes regardless of if he gets "paid" or not. He feels that since I am in essence working two jobs that the least he can do is haul and wash my stuff!

Check out this IRS brochureI have just begun paying my 16 y/o daughter to do some of my paperwork...so I can focus on "peoplework" :) I have been told that as long as the person is under 18 you don't have to worry about tax numbers, etc. Any one over 18, you will need to get a tax id number. Go to www.irs.gov and request PUBLICATION 911. It covers tax write offs for direct sales.

Oops...Yikes...I just went to the IRS site to download the publication and it doesn't exist! I will check with the exec. dir. that told me about it and let you know. Maybe someone else on here knows where to find it.

My husband would never ever let me "pay" him.:eek: We have been married for 10 years........our lives are together we do things for each other because we love each other. We together enjoy PC products and any income from it.:) We share everything and that also means housework etc!!!!

Guys, Susan was just saying she could 'find' another business expense to deduct to lower her taxes. She was in no way implying that she HAD to pay her husband - she was mearly being creative.

pamperedchristine said:
Guys, Susan was just saying she could 'find' another business expense to deduct to lower her taxes. She was in no way implying that she HAD to pay her husband - she was mearly being creative.
I in no way thought she HAD to pay her husband

I'm confused.......switch one income for another? I own two different companies so I am all for claiming every little thing that I can on my taxes, but I don't understand why you would want to claim it as deduction but then your husband has to claim it as income:confused:

As for paying yourself: what I did the first few months was right down everything I spent money on (supplies, gas, etc.)and now I use that amount as a base and just leave that amount in the bank every month. Whatever is left over is profit :D I saw a banking rep on the teli one time that said you should always pay yourself first, I think it's a good idea but I would probably pay myself to much:D

pamperedval said:

I like her thinking. Maybe I'll let my hubby know that. :D I'll tell him no work no trip, don't think it'll work but will be fun trying. hee hee

lacychef said:
Your hubby's actually WASH your dishes? I think I would probably have a heart attack if mine did that:) That is a really cute idea about hubby earning the incentive trip. I earned level 1 last year, hoping to earn level 2 this year... maybe I'll have to try this!;)

I was thinking the same thing Lacy:eek: What are we doing wrong LOL

I know no-one actually pays hubby, but I like the thought of him doing my dishes :D

1. Who pays for Pampered Chef products in a household?

In most households, the person who directly benefits from the products, whether it is the husband or the wife, is the one who pays for them. However, it ultimately depends on the individual household and their financial arrangements.

2. Can husbands use Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef products are designed for anyone and everyone to use in the kitchen. Whether you are a professional chef or just learning to cook, our products can be enjoyed by all, regardless of gender.

3. How do you handle payment for joint purchases between a husband and wife?

We recommend discussing and deciding on a payment arrangement that works best for both parties. For example, some couples may split the cost evenly, while others may take turns paying for purchases. As long as both parties are comfortable with the arrangement, any method can work.

4. Are there any specific products or promotions geared towards husbands?

Pampered Chef products and promotions are not geared towards any specific gender, but rather towards anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to make their time in the kitchen more efficient and enjoyable. Our products are designed to be inclusive and can be used by anyone.

5. Can husbands host Pampered Chef parties?

Yes, husbands can absolutely host Pampered Chef parties! In fact, we encourage anyone who is interested in hosting a party to do so, regardless of their gender. Hosting a party is a great way to earn free and discounted products while having a fun and interactive experience with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fruit76loop
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
koima
  • PCGirl77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCMomto4
  • sslangley