• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Your NED and Join the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs

In summary, Barbara Duke promoted, so y'all will have your own banquet. Robin Schillings is mine:DI am under Barbara Duke, she is awesome!! She's coming here in a few weeks (my B-day be exact) to talk! Her husband Barry is awesome, he was our tour guide in Dallas. If there is no executive director in between you and Barb you will be at her dinner! I will be there, are dinner is usually @ the Sheraton! I am so excited there are more Duke members on this board. Beth Jacobs is so sweet, she gave Barb a check for a $1,000 dollars in Dallas for promoting. I became determined to promote, too bad I won't see that $$$
lacychef said:
I'm down in Nancy Jo's line too, but Kelli Downey is my executive director.

Hey...Kelli is my director too! Do you ever go to her meetings?

Apparently, I'm in Barb Duke's line, but Deena Hiltbrand is my Exec and I'll be going to her dinner!

tashayoung said:
Hey...Kelli is my director too! Do you ever go to her meetings?
Really? Awesome! Will you be at her dinner? No, I"ve never been to her meetings; I live about 4 hours away from her. I go to my director's meetings. I am going to the Business Builder's Workshop Kelli is putting on next weekend! I'm really excited for that! My director is a presenter & she's bringing 5 of us from her cluster!

lacychef said:
Really? Awesome! Will you be at her dinner? No, I"ve never been to her meetings; I live about 4 hours away from her. I go to my director's meetings. I am going to the Business Builder's Workshop Kelli is putting on next weekend! I'm really excited for that! My director is a presenter & she's bringing 5 of us from her cluster!

Cool...I'll be there next Saturday too! Yes, I will be at the dinner...at least I guess I will. I've never been so I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'm in her first line and she is the best at answering all my questions.

I'll have to watch for your face! I"ve just met her a couple times; the last 2 conferences. She seems so awesome. See, we have these big dinners on the second day of conference with your executive director. They give out awards & usually have a theme--fun! Last year the prize I won was me & 7 others got to have breakfast with her.

COOL! I can't wait until Saturday. I want to be a sponge and absorb everything they say.

Ok all of us Nancy Jo ladies need to look for each other at the dinner.

I am in Nancy Jo's line as well. So far my upline hasnt promoted to Exec.... yet. Nancy Jo thought we would have our own banquet by this coming conference. (Just waiting on Marna Ross to get a few more directors on her team before that happens!)

I really enjoyed Nancy Jo's banquet last year though. I felt blessed to be able to share a tip on recruiting, and be in such wonderful company!

Kristin,
Are you the lady that said you weren't the typical recruit and showed us your tatoos?

Yikes! At our meeting last night, my director said she thought we were in Wave 1! We are in Robin Shillings downline, that's Wave 3. Scary, huh?! She almost wound up in the wrong wave!

dollfangs said:
Kristin,
Are you the lady that said you weren't the typical recruit and showed us your tatoos?

:eek: That would be me. Sometimes I think back on that day and wonder what the heck I was thinking, but you know what, my recruiter/director was behind my tip 100%. She actually encouraged me to say what I said.
I was just going to talk about how important the e-mail newsletters were to my biz, and keeping contact with potentials until they slapped a restraining order on ya (joking, of course).

Honestly, was I too far over the top? I have had only one negative comment from my tip... to my face anyway! :confused:

Kristin,
I was on the tour bus with you as well. I will tell you that you made a difference in my business. I was ready to quit I was so upset about the bus getting lost and getting back late but you said, don't let this make you quit. You encouraged me to wait to make a decision until I was not so upset.

I don't think that the tatoo thing was over the top at all. I also have a tatoo and I think they are much more accepted now. It also showed not to pre-judge someone by how they look or who you think they are. I was impressed and I know that my cluster talked about it and thought it was pretty cool. My mom who was with me also thought it was a good way to show not to pre-judge.

I am glad I finally get to say thanks for the encouraging words at conference. Since coming home I have more than trippled my sales and wound up top sales for my cluster for the entire year. I'm really glad now that I didn't go home early and quit. Thanks again and hope to see you there this year!

Melissa!
Oh my gosh girl! I dont know what to say. Your comment brought me to tears! I am so thankful to hear you stuck with Pampered Chef, and by the sounds of it, you are just ROCKIN and ROLLIN!! Congrats to you on an amazing business!

I would hope that we can meet up at conference again! Going on the home office tour?? LOL! I am going to give it a shot... one of these times I am determined to win that shopping spree!

On a side note, being in Marna Ross's cluster, I feel like I could never be what she is to everyone in this company. She has trained us all very well to strive for greatness however, but some days I feel very insignificant in the PC world. To know that I encouraged you, and others from some of the comments I received after my tip, and now to know that someone knows me and remembers me by something I said, profound or not, makes me feel like a million dollars! So thank you Melissa!

Kristen,

I remember you from Nancy Jo's banquet and I know our cluster has also talked about your recruiting tip. It stuck with us!

And Marna is such a sweetie and is so inspiring. She was down here for a training Nancy Jo sponsored last spring and it was great to meet her. I couldn't get over her skirt made of kitchen towels!!! :) Does she have a polka dot skirt this year?

DebbieJ said:
Kristen,

I remember you from Nancy Jo's banquet and I know our cluster has also talked about your recruiting tip. It stuck with us!

And Marna is such a sweetie and is so inspiring. She was down here for a training Nancy Jo sponsored last spring and it was great to meet her. I couldn't get over her skirt made of kitchen towels!!! :) Does she have a polka dot skirt this year?

LOL! Wow... I cant imagine my words sticking with anyone. At least not from my daily interactions with my family anyway would this be any kind of indication to me! :rolleyes:

Yes, Marna is amazing. I cannot tell you all how much she means to me. Recently my doctor found a mass on my right breast. Marna called to find out when my next appointment was, and came with me! She drove an hour to come up and be at my side... I love that girl, and she inspires me every day! I truly am blessed!

I think I was with Marna at my director Laurie at your spring thing last year. Was that the big shindig at the hotel and then another meeting later in the evening on the other side of town? She did the demo at the main event? That was fun!
And yes... to answer your question.. she was working on her towel skirt the last time I talked to her on the phone! :D We actually got that idea from Kris Madden at conference several years ago. Kris made hers out of the citrus striped towels and wore them at conference 2 or 3 years ago. Now Kris is like a part of our group, even though she isnt really. We took her in and never let her go! :p

Look forward to seeing you at conference?? HOpe so!

Hey, Kris used to be part of my group I think! Her skirts are too cute! I met her last year at conference briefly.
What is this great tip you all keep talking about? Do share:) Or did I miss it somewhere?

AJPratt said:
Yikes! At our meeting last night, my director said she thought we were in Wave 1! We are in Robin Shillings downline, that's Wave 3. Scary, huh?! She almost wound up in the wrong wave!

Well, at least you knew where you were supposed to be!

lacychef said:
Hey, Kris used to be part of my group I think! Her skirts are too cute! I met her last year at conference briefly.
What is this great tip you all keep talking about? Do share:) Or did I miss it somewhere?

Kris is adorable. She promoted the same year I did, and we became accountability partners. Though her sales are way more than mine, we have kept on track with each other and our businesses are right at the same level. Its crazy!

So, ok ... the tip. I was invited to share a recruiting tip at Nancy Jo's banquet because I was #7 in her entire line for recruiting last year. Because I am a tattooed biker chickee, and have always been looked upon differently, I thought I would talk about that a bit. I called my director and asked her, "If I had come to a summer time show, wearing cut off shorts and a tank top, would you still have asked me to join your team?" She said she wasnt sure, but if she knew me then like she knows me now, there would have been no question about it. Luckily I went to a winter time show, with a sweater and jeans on that covered my body art, so she had no clue. When I asked her opinion about what I should cover as my tip to the group, I posed two possibilities. One being how I utilize my e-newsletter each month, and how I keep in contact with potential recruits forever, or the other ~ not to discriminate on peoples appearance, or whatever. So Laurie told me the latter one would be best. When I was writing up my speech, I decided to wear a slip dress with little jacket over it. (I have to tell you, it was quite chilly in that room too.)

I started my tip by stating, "I wish it wasnt so cold in here tonight because my tip entails me taking my clothes off... but dont worry... not all of them! ;)" So I took off my jacket to show my tats on my arms. Then I started to tell about what I had discussed with Laurie about the "what if" it was a summer show. "Had I let it all hang out then, would I be here today? How about when you do a show and someone walks in with 8 kids behind them? Or looks like they just walked out of a hurricane? Do you, as a potential recruiter discriminate by the way that person looks or acts? A lot of what we heard this conference had to do with 'Looking for your next Director', but honestly, how do you know what your next director is going to look like? Like me? Most likely not. So dont look at the person as their shell, but look into them for what they might become."

Pretty much that was it... not word for word, but certainly the whole premise of what I was trying to convey anyhoo. I have had some very unlikely people on my team over the years. A college professor with six children (and she is bald at that!), a woman that owns her own tattoo studio, a State Trooper, a Caterer, and many more... This business is for everyone. To not ask everyone would be a huge mistake.

Kristin...thanks for sharing that. It is true that we look at people and pre-judge them. I am not big into recruiting. But, I have recruited 2 people who, like me are "hobby" consultants. We aren't full time...and probably wouldn't even count as part time. But, getting my second recruit made me want to recruit more. So, I have to say that I had a recurring host to host a show for me in January. She told me that "Dan" was interested in doing a catalog show. Dan loves to cook and is very enthusiastic. But, Dan is what I would call "gothic". He wears black, has lots of tatoos and piercings and you never know what color his hair is going to be. He is probably 24 or so...and he is gay. So, I told my mom that Dan would be a great consultant if....he would dress better, fix his hair etc...but, I thought about it and told myself that I was not being fair to Dan. He is a great guy. I don't have a clue about his circle of friends and who would or would not book from him. I sent him the recruiting information. His show should be here Friday for me to deliver to him. I plan to talk to him about the business opportunity. I am now excited that he might want to become a consultant.

Oh yes...and I love your verse under your signature. I personally believe that if we each pray Jabaz's prayer, that God will do His part. I do not believe that God will just give us material things...but I do believe that if we do our part, he will bless us beyond our wildest imagination...and use us to enlarge his kingdom as well.

pchefkristin said:
I think I was with Marna at my director Laurie at your spring thing last year. Was that the big shindig at the hotel and then another meeting later in the evening on the other side of town? She did the demo at the main event? That was fun!!

Yep, that was it! I was the one up there during her demo constantly adjusting the sound. That sucked that they had such a bad system. My DH is a sound engineer, so that stuff drives me CRAZY!!!

pchefkristin said:
And yes... to answer your question.. she was working on her towel skirt the last time I talked to her on the phone! :D We actually got that idea from Kris Madden at conference several years ago. Kris made hers out of the citrus striped towels and wore them at conference 2 or 3 years ago. Now Kris is like a part of our group, even though she isnt really. We took her in and never let her go! :p

Look forward to seeing you at conference?? HOpe so!

Yes, you will see me strutting my stuff across the stage. Are you going on the lake cruise on Sunday night that NJ is trying to put together?

how do you find out who your NED? Cause I have nooooo idea!! haha

sparkles17 said:
how do you find out who your NED? Cause I have nooooo idea!! haha

Look on your commission statement. Depending on how far down in the line you are, it may or may not be on there.

Just ask your director if you are unsure.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, you will see me strutting my stuff across the stage. Are you going on the lake cruise on Sunday night that NJ is trying to put together?

We had talked about going, but I think our group is going to pass on that. We hope to have a large group going, and the majority of the gals cannot afford the extra expense. Marna usually holds a celebration meeting for us as well, with awards and such, so we will be busy with that. (last years meeting was a hoot! If you only knew Marna like we do! She is off the wall! Hehe.)

But I bet you will all be having fun without us :( We will have to hook up so I can hear all about it.
Will there be a post about who is staying where??

Shawnna said:
Kristin...thanks for sharing that. It is true that we look at people and pre-judge them. I am not big into recruiting. But, I have recruited 2 people who, like me are "hobby" consultants. We aren't full time...and probably wouldn't even count as part time. But, getting my second recruit made me want to recruit more. So, I have to say that I had a recurring host to host a show for me in January. She told me that "Dan" was interested in doing a catalog show. Dan loves to cook and is very enthusiastic. But, Dan is what I would call "gothic". He wears black, has lots of tatoos and piercings and you never know what color his hair is going to be. He is probably 24 or so...and he is gay. So, I told my mom that Dan would be a great consultant if....he would dress better, fix his hair etc...but, I thought about it and told myself that I was not being fair to Dan. He is a great guy. I don't have a clue about his circle of friends and who would or would not book from him. I sent him the recruiting information. His show should be here Friday for me to deliver to him. I plan to talk to him about the business opportunity. I am now excited that he might want to become a consultant.

Oh yes...and I love your verse under your signature. I personally believe that if we each pray Jabaz's prayer, that God will do His part. I do not believe that God will just give us material things...but I do believe that if we do our part, he will bless us beyond our wildest imagination...and use us to enlarge his kingdom as well.

THAT is the way to think about things! I bet Dan will make an awesome consultant! Good luck, and keep us posted!

Thank you for commenting on the bible verse I chose. When I first began PC, I prayed it every day. He lead me to some amazing people through this prayer, and my territories expanded so much I had to stop praying it! :eek: BUT, that was just the icing for me. Being blessed with new friends and wonderful team members is what makes it worth all the while. I often tell my team, and I think they get sick of me saying, "If I were to NEVER sell another Pampered Chef product in all of my days, the blessings I have received from the people God has put into my life, will have far outweighed the loss of my job".

Kristin: thanks for your wonderful words! Everything you said is so true; but I think at some point we're all guilty of pre-judging people. You really are inspiring; I'm glad you joined our little group here:)

lacychef said:
Kristin: thanks for your wonderful words! Everything you said is so true; but I think at some point we're all guilty of pre-judging people. You really are inspiring; I'm glad you joined our little group here:)

Well Miss Lacy... are you not just the sweetest thing since cinnamon toast?!
;)
Cant imagine it took me so long to find you all! :D But so far I have seen nothing but an amazing group of consultants, and some truly WOW factor ideas! I am so glad to be here! THANKS!!

My National is Robin Shilling and I'm one of many under Sharon Cerra in her room.

Kristen,
You're verse is making me want to keep going, I've had a horrible start to March and not getting cooperation from hostesses and have had quite a few hostesses from h@@@ that it's been a VERY BAD moral busting month. My hubby told me, I need to find my sprak again, and I know you've helped!!

Hope to see Annie and all the others at Wave 3, it's gonna kill me waiting 'til then, but oh well, sometimes that's the way it is.

Lisa

I think that I have made my mind up to go!! I will be in Wave 3, and I think that Sharon Cerra might be mine as well? Lisa, do you go to Binghamton for trainings at all?

pchefkristin said:
Well Miss Lacy... are you not just the sweetest thing since cinnamon toast?!
;)
Cant imagine it took me so long to find you all! :D But so far I have seen nothing but an amazing group of consultants, and some truly WOW factor ideas! I am so glad to be here! THANKS!!

Awww geez! I don't think I"ve ever been called that before, LOL!

Jennifer: you must go:D

Yup, my Third Line Director is Sharon Cerra!!

Nancy Jo is mine! And LacyChef... I met you at the Build Your Business thing last Saturday. We introduced each other to the group! I knew you looked familiar to me... didn't make the connection to here! :p

IS Beth Jacobs from Ohio??????

I think Beth Jacobs is Main, she is my SED's dir. Does that make sense? Maybe I should go to bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that I have made my mind up to go!! I will be in Wave 3, and I think that Sharon Cerra might be mine as well?

Lisa, do you go to Binghamton for trainings at all?

Jen,
Yes I do have training in Binghamton, matter of fact we just were given a date in I believe April (have to check calendar) when new person from HO is coming for meeting. Not one to miss from what I hear!!

When I first started I was so "scared" to approach Sharon, and she's so nice an helpful!! I'm taking some of the business builder class right now that our area directors are doing and first class was Sharon and my Director Velvet, so it was nice.

Maybe we can meet at Nationals as you didn't come to Regionals ;(, which was so nice, Ilene Meckley was AWESOME!!

Lisa

chefmelody said:
Nancy Jo is mine! And LacyChef... I met you at the Build Your Business thing last Saturday. We introduced each other to the group! I knew you looked familiar to me... didn't make the connection to here! :p
How funny is that:D You look different from your pic here! How did your recruit interview go this weekend? I've got to go over my notes today; we just got home yesterday.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Jen,
Yes I do have training in Binghamton, matter of fact we just were given a date in I believe April (have to check calendar) when new person from HO is coming for meeting. Not one to miss from what I hear!!

When I first started I was so "scared" to approach Sharon, and she's so nice an helpful!! I'm taking some of the business builder class right now that our area directors are doing and first class was Sharon and my Director Velvet, so it was nice.

Maybe we can meet at Nationals as you didn't come to Regionals ;(, which was so nice, Ilene Meckley was AWESOME!!

Lisa

I will see you in April then! I've only met Sharon once at a training/meeting in the Binghamton area since I began... I think Velvet was there too!

lacychef said:
How funny is that:D You look different from your pic here! How did your recruit interview go this weekend? I've got to go over my notes today; we just got home yesterday.

Yeah, this picture was taken at my first show a year and a half ago. :rolleyes: My hair is a little different now, and I had it pulled back at the event.

Looks like that potential is going to sign! We're getting together Thursday to close her show and get all the details worked out.

PampChefJoy said:
I'm in Barb Duke's cluster as well, but she has several execs in her downline...I'm in Marcella Kvick's.

My clustermate Ginny promoted to Director in Dallas, which bumped up our director Cindy to Advanced Director, which then helped bump up Barb to Senior Exec :) It's all good!

Hey, that's me! Yep, all is :D :) :D GREAT :D :) :D ! Cindy Larson --> Marcella Kvick --> Barb Duke --> our NED... Beth Jacobs ! ! !

Ginny

Hey Ginny, welcome to Chef Success! Good to "see" you!

DebbieJ said:
Hey Ginny, welcome to Chef Success! Good to "see" you!

Yeah ~ finally paid the $5 ~ LOL not that I ned another board to spend more time on!

So have you been recruiting away Deb since Leadership?

Ginny

Wouldn't it be cool if we all wore ChefSuccess sashes for our walks? (I still have to promote, but I really think I can do it!)

Kitchen2u said:
Yeah ~ finally paid the $5 ~ LOL not that I ned another board to spend more time on!

So have you been recruiting away Deb since Leadership?

Ginny

I have signed two since Leadership. I have a third that I'm trying to get together with this weekend.

I will hit the 30K mark before conference!!

in the 3rd WaveI am in Marie Freidag's group, 3rd line down i believe. I am under Linda McGuire, who is under Dennyse mcDonnell, who is under Marie Freidag!!!

See you in July!!

AJPratt said:
Wouldn't it be cool if we all wore ChefSuccess sashes for our walks? (I still have to promote, but I really think I can do it!)
You can do it, You can do it!!!!!
I have 2 that want to sign, but I don't see it happening:(
How fun, cheering for our C.S. girls/guys!!!

Mine is Sheri Carr also.

I thought about quiting and not going to NC but just reading what you all have to say it has pumped me up. Going to conference is so awesome to anyone that hasn't been there. You get really pumped up. I just moved 1 1/2 yrs. ago and can't get bookings. Any ideas ? I have tried almost everything.

Mine is Lori Milbruit. (I'm sure I butchered her last name!) :)
They always serve Stake dinners and play some really fun games.

My ED is Marcella Kvick, who is under Barb Duke.

Joy, I wonder if we've met?? Did you room with Ginny at Leadership? We may have had dinner together one night!!

Marina

<h2>1. Who is Beth Jacobs and what is "Discover Your NED"?</h2><p>Beth Jacobs is a Pampered Chef consultant and "Discover Your NED" is a program designed to help people plan their summer fun with delicious recipes and tips for using Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>2. How can I find out if there is a dinner event with Beth Jacobs in my area?</h2><p>You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or check the events page on the Pampered Chef website to see if there are any upcoming dinner events with Beth Jacobs in your area.</p><h2>3. Can I still participate in the summer fun if I don't have a NED?</h2><p>Absolutely! The summer fun activities and recipes are open to everyone, regardless of whether you have a NED or not.</p><h2>4. What kind of recipes and activities can I expect from "Discover Your NED" and the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs?</h2><p>"Discover Your NED" will provide you with delicious and easy recipes using Pampered Chef products, as well as tips for hosting summer gatherings and outdoor cooking. The Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs will include fun activities and challenges to make your summer even more enjoyable.</p><h2>5. How can I join the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs?</h2><p>You can join the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant and purchasing Pampered Chef products to use for the summer fun activities. You can also join online by following Beth Jacobs on social media and participating in the challenges and activities she posts.</p>

1. Who is Beth Jacobs and what is "Discover Your NED"?

Beth Jacobs is a Pampered Chef consultant and "Discover Your NED" is a program designed to help people plan their summer fun with delicious recipes and tips for using Pampered Chef products.

2. How can I find out if there is a dinner event with Beth Jacobs in my area?

You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or check the events page on the Pampered Chef website to see if there are any upcoming dinner events with Beth Jacobs in your area.

3. Can I still participate in the summer fun if I don't have a NED?

Absolutely! The summer fun activities and recipes are open to everyone, regardless of whether you have a NED or not.

4. What kind of recipes and activities can I expect from "Discover Your NED" and the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs?

"Discover Your NED" will provide you with delicious and easy recipes using Pampered Chef products, as well as tips for hosting summer gatherings and outdoor cooking. The Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs will include fun activities and challenges to make your summer even more enjoyable.

5. How can I join the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs?

You can join the Summer Fun with Beth Jacobs by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant and purchasing Pampered Chef products to use for the summer fun activities. You can also join online by following Beth Jacobs on social media and participating in the challenges and activities she posts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aried
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies