• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Is Where and What Are You Doing...

In summary, the group is planning an outing to Bubba Gump's sunday evening. They are also planning a pizza party with executive director and the gang. Guy will be in the Hilton, but he does not have any plans for Monday night.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Sunday or Monday night...

I am at the Hilton coming in on Sunday still no plans that night.
I did however find out a lot of my upline will also already be in town so...
Monday night...
Pizza Party with Executive Director and the gang.

Man, the first time I can't go to conference and you're having a pizza party? Dang! Have a great time. :)
Guy

It is with my immediate upline so... You would not have been able to go anyway! But geez! Would have been nice to see you again.
Should we do a phone list again this year? It sure would be easier with cell phone number to get together than to have to try to get hotel info. Let me know, I do not have a problem doing one.

No problem! Just sneak out a few pieces, then overnight them to me here in Texas. Shouldn't cost you more than 50 or 60 bucks.
LOL

My NED is doing something Sunday night, but I don't think she has anything planned for Monday. At least, nothing that's been announced as an opportunity for the whole group. I'm at the Hilton. Staying in a suite. :)

EW! Overnighted pizza - really Guy!
Well, then I will need to also send the salad and wine!
Ann - cool! You will have a ball. Do you know what you are doing yet?
Hilton suite huh?
Has anyone been in a Sherton Suite? That's where our party is on Monday night. They all moved over there as that is where our Executive Banquet is this year. We always were in the Hilton before.

Our group is planning an outing to Bubba Gump's sunday evening (one of our party is celebrating her birthday, same as last year!)

Beyond that, I have no idea what is planned for the other evenings - we haven't been sent any further info (so far).

pampered1224 said:
Hilton suite huh?
Has anyone been in a Sherton Suite? That's where our party is on Monday night. They all moved over there as that is where our Executive Banquet is this year. We always were in the Hilton before.

I stayed in a suite at the Sheraton the past two years with my SED - very nice!

pampered1224 said:
Hilton suite huh?

I stayed in a suite at the Sheraton the past two years with my SED - very nice! Have a little extra fun for me.

I'll be in the Hilton...arriving in Chicago early Sunday afternoon (7/12)...so far no plans. Haven't really talked much about it with my director...we're going up together with a small group...so I don't know what they have planned. Likely, I'm the only male in my cluster going...so I doubt I'll have much say in deciding what we do! :) But I don't mind...

Kuntrycook - all you gotta do is say "OK" a lot! It makes it soooo much easier! Besides, I find it is much better that way as then you do not need to think about it.

John- I just got info from Randy about the Sunday night thing. It's at 7:30, and dinner is not included. Want to do an early (4:30-5-ish) dinner on Sunday? I don't want to push the time too much, because the event is a boat tour and if I'm late I'll miss it completely (and I already paid my money for it).

That woudl be awsome Ann! Jane - see this! All three of us and anyone else who wants to join us - PM me cell phone numbers too so we can get a line on those. Especially if you all want to meet on Sunday before the festivities start! OOO A boat ride - Ann I hear they are so great! They give you a little ChiTown history and everything. And I think all three of us are at the Hilton so... I DO NOT WANT TO DO KITTY O'SHEAs though! I need avariety and cabs are not that expensive and Jane we can make sure you do not have problems!

Hi Ann and John

I would love to meet up with you Sunday night I too am staying at the Hilton so let me know

Sounds good. I'm even open to grabbing a sandwich or something at Corner Bakery or Au Bon Pain. They're not fancy, but they're inexpensive and tasty. My cluster mate might be with me, too. We're the only 2 who are going to be there from my local group, and I'd hate for her to be left on her own. You'll love her - she's a riot.

My ED is having a thing at 7 p.m. Sunday night but we could get together before that! Thanks so much for thinking of me and my cane! After doing steps up and down at the Cooking Show I did last night, I am in pain!!!! I sure wouldn't want to do anything to mess up NC with it. I'll PM my cell number. Our flight gets in around 10:25 a.m. so we will probably be at the Hilton around noon unless we stop for lunch! I'll PM you my cell! I got my Chef Success button so you'll recognize me! LOL!

Cool - KARYN - drop me a Private Message with your cell # so we can get a hold of you. Ann do you really feel you must get consent to bring some one with you? Heck you know better - we as Cheffers stride to be our very best at PARTYING at NC and no one should be left out!!!! (Even if they kick and scream at being dragged into it!) So be all means - bring her with!! AND BOY DO I LIKE THE INEXPENSIVE PART! I would have loved to make a reservation at Frontera but boy it is way to pricy for me right now. Heck, McDonald's is to pricy right now! However, Corner Bakery I think closes early on Sundays. We will have to see. I need to do some "vestigatin" to see what is around the Hilton. Or Maybe Kitty O'Shea's it will be. I just kinda wanted to do something different.

Last edited:
John and Ann I left you both a PM

pampered1224 said:
Kuntrycook - all you gotta do is say "OK" a lot! It makes it soooo much easier! Besides, I find it is much better that way as then you do not need to think about it.

:) Very true! ...I'm beginning to learn about "just saying 'OK'" in talking to my future wife! LOL

My ED's thing is not until 8 so I can still get in my room and maybe catch a nap before we go eat! LOL! I can't believe we are down to 3 weeks and counting!

Another thing too Kuntrycook - if you do not make a decision - then you don't have to accept the blame if something goes wrong. (And if you believe that, let me tell you about the 100 acres of land I own in New City. It has this wonderful bridge on it!)

Gotta ask - anyone else interested in joining some of us for an early meal - say 4:00 4:30 ish to be back at hotels by about 6 p.m.? And does anyone have a cuisine favorite that they would like to try to have?
You know all about Gino's East and there is the Original Uno's Pizzareias. Turns out my pick - Frontera - is closed on Sunday!
Karyn had mentioned a Mexican Restaurant - Zapatista. I have posted the menu, no prices but Karyn said moderatley priced. Looks good though I must say! Anyone else have ideas? Let me know and I will see about posting menus.

Attachments

• Zapatista.pdf
    764.9 KB · Views: 296
Anyone else getting on the cell phone list?
Evenif it is not for Sunday night but just so you might contact other wave 2 Cheffers during conference. Especially those who may be in the same "classes" as you are? Just PM me the info and I will add it to the list - this list will then be passed to the people on it only. You only have until next week Thursday so I can get it out to anyone who wants it.

Ann has suggested Corner Cafe. Very reasonable for those of us who are skrimping just to go to conference and ver good food! They have these cinnamon toast crunch things that are great for a snack at conference between seminars! This is one is located at 224 S. Michigan - the Hilton is at 720 S. Michigan

Attachments

• Retail-T1.pdf
    78.3 KB · Views: 243
That Corner Bakery is open until 5 on Sunday - want to move lunch/dinner up to 3:30, just so we don't tick off the staff walking in with only 30 minutes to close? We can meet in the Hilton lobby at 3:30 and walk down. I do know where that location is, because we'd pass it when my cluster would walk to Au Bon Pain for breakfast.

Not sure what my afternoon plans are....may be meeting up with some old friends. Can I just show up in the lobby?

Sure! Get your cell number to John and he'll add it to the list. Then you'll have our numbers in case you want to check what our status is on dinner. :)The other thing I thought of was to order pizza from Giordano's or something and have a little party in one of the Hilton elevator lobbies. (For those who haven't been to the Hilton, there are about 15 guest elevators, arranged in a u shape. On the guest floors, they surround sitting areas with couches and coffee tables.) If we did that, I can throw some paper plates and plastic utensils in my suitcase and everyone can be responsible for bringing their own beverage (such as from the sundries shop on the first floor, or the vending machine). Their online menu (http://www.giordanos.com/stuffed.php) says that the larges feed 3-4 people, but they realistically feed 5-6, especially if we order a salad, too.I'm just throwin' it out there as another suggestion.

Thanks Ann. I'll PM my cell as you suggested, but have to warn that I may not have service in the area....working on it

That may be just the deal! Kuntrycook and Jolie Paradoxe - I PMd you abotu the Corner Bakery and with a 5 p.m. close, that may be to much rushing. I love the pizza party idea! Laurie - where are you staying? If you do not have service, let us know that so maybe we can find you on a land line! I will be at the Hilton. Still nto sure when but I will know today.

So are we on for a pizza party? It takes a while (like an hour) for Giordano's to deliver, because the pizzas take so long to bake. But if we have a general headcount, then I can order around 3:30 on Sunday, for a 4:30 party. It's also a chance, then, for any Cheffers who won't be able to be at the meet n greet Monday morning (if they're in the Director training, for example) to visit.I'll go start a thread about it.

coming in with 11 others from my cluster.. I think they will keep me on a "leash" again like they did last year... they were like a bunch of old mother hens... :)

I bet you are so right Terry! It happens to me every year when my director/recruiter does not come to NC. I ma taking a bus in the a.m. with a few other cluster mates. I am sure I will get the third degree about what I am going to do and where and with whom! At least I can tell them I will be in very good company! Monday night we do are cluster get to gether with our executive director. She is cool and so are all the ladies in that group! So at least I know I will be in good hands the entire time I am there. Albeit that I am 48 years old - it is still kinda fun having 14 moms!

John and Terry...Tell your "keepers" that we won't bite and will take care of you! LOL! See you then!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Nanisu