• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has Tried the Latest F/W Recipes and Their Variations?

In summary, TEAM meeting and cluster meeting were held to make Lemon Cakes, Cheeseburger Salad, Hamburger Stroganoff, Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger Salad, Quiche Lorraine Tartlets, Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges, Watermelon & Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips, Casbah Chicken & Couscous, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, One-Pot Pasta, Italian Beef Hoagies, and Sloppy Joe mixes. Lemon cakes are made in the prep bowls and everyone found them to be very delicious and easy to make. Cheeseburger Salad is not appealing to some, but Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger Salad was suggested. Greek Cheese Torta was also tried and it was enjoyed. Some had difficulty with the recipes and realized that they didn't read the recipes correctly.
cookinkate said:
Help! I can't find the Jiffy cake mix in stores around here! I live on the cost of MA. Any suggestions?

Buy a regular cake mix and only use half. :)

cookinkate said:
Help! I can't find the Jiffy cake mix in stores around here! I live on the cost of MA. Any suggestions?

At Walmart around here it's not with the regular cake mix. It's in the same aisle but down by the corn bread, muffin mix and flour area. If they don't have the brand Jiffy, try looking for something else in a small box in that area.

They don't have Jiffy cake mix here, either (Philly, PA suburbs) - I just bought a yellow cake mix (18oz) and plan to split it in 1/2 - and save the other half in the bag with a Twixit! clip! :D

Or just double the recipe and have more yummy cake....

KellyTheChef said:
Or just double the recipe and have more yummy cake....

I don't need that much "yummy cake" sitting around my house, though! :blushing:

janetupnorth said:
I just got my changeover kit and I REALLY need some greek rub now. I want to try the Greek Cheese Torta so bad now!!!!!

ChefBeckyD - if you read this I think it'd go great with my pasta salad with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes!!!!

Just read this - and I think it's practically made for that pasta salad....I'm hungry now, and it's 11:30pm!:(

I have made the lemon cakes I did double the recipe and I made them in the mini fluted stone very yummy
one pot pasta I did it with grape tomatoes. Couldnt find sun dried tomatoes
Very good
and the delux cheeseburger salad my DS looked at it and refused to eat it but we forced him to try it and he LOVED it he wants me to make it again.

kspry said:
I posted in another thread about this, I think - the sloppy joes were loved by all at lunch today.

Didn't have buns, so we put it on toast.

I love to put sloppy joes in small pita pockets with a spoon of cole slaw on top. Yummy and not so much roll.

DebbieJ said:
The Strawberry Cream Trifle is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
I want to try this, but if the weather doesn't get better I can't. I need to be able to burn some calories on walks and runs.

Chef Endora said:
I love to put sloppy joes in small pita pockets with a spoon of cole slaw on top. Yummy and not so much roll.

This is a WONDERFUL idea to do at a show. I am totally going to use it, thanks!

I made the Pina-Colada Upside Down Cake. I made it with fresh pineapple and stacked the pineapple up the sides of the skillet like the recipe said, but when I flipped the cake out of the skillet the pineapple on one side collapsed. It still tasted very yummy. I think next time I'll slice the pineapple thinner and not use an entire one. The pineapple was a little hard to cut where it was thick.

412683 said:
I tried the lemon cakes the first day I found the recipe and they were very delish!!! My daughter helped witht the recipe and they were very easy and very beautiful - my only advice is not to buy the largest lemon you can find - my lemons were slightly larger then the bottom of the bowls and did not lay very flat in prep but when finished cooking they had formed themselves around the cake. Highly recommend them for home or shows!!:)
Even though I did try to find the smallest lemons, mine too were just a little too big. make a small slice from the rind to the center on the lemon slice and you can overlap them a little. My microwave does not have a turntable. Even though I rotated them every few minutes, I had to cook them an additional 3 minutes because the inside was cooked but the outside was still raw. And PS...they did not last in my house more than 6 hours!

Greek Cheese TorteI made this last night for my son's 5th birthday. My family loved it!!! I made it with roasted red peppers and toasted almonds on top.
I made it the night before and it was excellent and very easy to make!

amybee said:
I made this last night for my son's 5th birthday. My family loved it!!! I made it with roasted red peppers and toasted almonds on top.
I made it the night before and it was excellent and very easy to make!

Oh, I so can't wait to get my greek rub... :cry:

Made the grapfruit salad today for lunch... didn't have marmelade so just used fresh squeezed OJ. Delicious - ate the whole thing! Making the Greek Torta and the Three Citrus Mojitos (without rum) for Cluster Meeting tomorrow night. Can't wait!:D

I get my Fluted Stone this week and will be doing the velvety chocolate cake w/ strawberries as soon as I can! Anyone done the lemon cakes? Anyone try it with a different cake mix? Trying to come up with unique Pink Recipes for Weekend to End Breast Cancer fundraising.:eek:

I made the Saucy Beef Chili (one of the power cooking recipes) for my DH and a friend to eat while watching the Superbowl tonight...got very good reviews (DH likes being my guinea pig). I used a double batch of the meat and made twice as much chili, since I figured he'd want leftovers tomorrow. The other 1/3 of the meat I've got frozen now, and will probably make the beef stroganoff recipe later this week to try it out. :) I love new recipes.

just curious where all these recipes are coming from. Did they come out of the new season's best?

I got mine from CC..there's a link at the bottom of the homepage to different things, and mine was under Power Cooking. HTH.

cookingwithhart said:
I made the Pina-Colada Upside Down Cake. I made it with fresh pineapple and stacked the pineapple up the sides of the skillet like the recipe said, but when I flipped the cake out of the skillet the pineapple on one side collapsed. It still tasted very yummy. I think next time I'll slice the pineapple thinner and not use an entire one. The pineapple was a little hard to cut where it was thick.

I did mine with canned pineapple and it was great! :thumbup: :thumbup:

fruit76loop said:
I did mine with canned pineapple and it was great! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I made this last night for our superbowl party. Yum!!! It's actually richer than I thought it would be...probably because of that coconut milk. YUM!! I also made the Creamy One-Pot Pasta. That was pretty good too.

missyciccolella said:
I have not made the Cheeseburger Salad (is not appealing to me what-so-ever), but on a Director call today, one of the gals said her team thought a "Bacon & Blue Cheese" Burger Salad would work well as well...I'm just passing that along in case anyone is looking for variety.

That sounds so yummy!! :)

its_me_susan said:
Bet the recipe will work in the mini muffin pan, baked then drizzled too. Cute little lemon bites. I feel my waistband expanding already!

Oh, WOW, what a great idea!

I'm pretty new to PC (just hit my 90 days), and found this site just yesterday, and already I'm finding such great tips and suggestions! Yippee!!!

I have tried the Lemon Cakes - so good and easy! The Chocolate Velvet Strawberry Cake - to die for! And the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad - really good and filling - probably would add bacon to it next time!

I still want to try Creamy One Pot Pasta, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, Strawberry Cream Trifle and Summer Berry Shortcakes.

Made the Greek Cheese Torta for a Superbowl party yesterday and it was a hit! I was surprised how much I liked it.

This weekend I tried the Mini Quiche Tartlets :thumbup: the triple-citrus mojito (with the rum):thumbup: and the One Pot Pasta:thumbup: I had some grilled chicken strips (tyson) in the freezer. I zapped some of those in the microwave and added them to the One Pot Pasta....very good!!

I can't wait to try the Mojito. The recipe sounds so good. You could probably make up a huge batch of that citrus syrup and keep it on hand for Mojitos on demand. Wouldn't that be great for summertime? YUM!

I can see us drinking lots of them this summer!! :D I took our Royal Caribbean glasses from our PC cruise 2 years ago and it took me back to the cruise!

I made the Choc Velvet cake with strawberries .... very good!! Easy too and everyone is amazed that it cooks in the microwave, in stoneware, in 10 minutes!!

Tonight for dinner, I made the chicken, grapefruit, avocado salad. I tried to bribe the boys, if they eat it w/o complaining and eat the whole serving, I would make the lemon cakes. I already know they don't care for salad, especially avocado chunks, and one ds doesn't like things all mixed together. I did it anyway. I really liked it, but the boys....not so much. I wasn't so sure about it, but I watched the video online yesterday. They really got me wanting to make it. Needless to say, I didn't make the lemon cakes! I will tomorrow night...after they eat the cheeseburger salad. I have the ingredients to make the chocolate cake and the berry shortcakes, too.

Yummy love that salad!!! Also love the cheeseburger salad. Just did that one again for my team meeting and they were all amazed at how easy it was!:) Gotta love it!! Will be a great show demo!:D

its_me_susan said:
Bet the recipe will work in the mini muffin pan, baked then drizzled too. Cute little lemon bites. I feel my waistband expanding already!

i had the same thought at our monthly mtg after leadership, i love lemon!! this s/b is one of the best in a few seasons, great job pc!!!

KellyTheChef said:
OK...I made the lemon cake in the fluted pan. I doubled the recipe (used a regular sized cake mix and doubled the rest of the ingredients) I put 12 slices of lemon on the bottom of the pan, and baked it at 350 for 45 minutes. Perfect!

Two things...I added lemon zest to the glaze to make it more "lemony" and I think next time I will use a lemon cake mix instead of yellow. I *LOVE* lemon, though...so I would love more of a lemon flavor.

Oh! DON'T use margarine to make the glaze. I did, and had to dump it and remake the glaze. It tasted NASTY. My new glaze (using real butter) was soooooooo much better!

Thanks! I was looking for a fluted pan version of this!

kam said:
We tried the One-Pot Pasta tonight - It was wonderful!!!

(DH thinks we should have it once a week! LOL!)

I followed the recipe using the 1 lb box of regular Penne. Wondering if anyone has tried it using whole wheat or multi grain pasta - those boxes are only 13-14 oz so I wasn't sure how it would change the recipe. I am going to try the whole wheat pasta next time.

Also, I used 2 cans reg chicken broth and 1 can reduced sodium/fat. It turned out great. Next time I might try 2 cans of the reduced sodium broth.

It was very easy and delish! And it makes a lot!

The only problem is that I CAN'T DEMO THIS! From what I can tell the 8 qt stock pots are only available in sets!!! Ugh! I really wish they would let us buy the pot! (At home I am using my W-S brand - but can't do that at a show!!!!) I guess if I have a host who has the set then I can use hers....

Ok, so I tried this yesterday afternoon for DS and myself...just didn't like it...it's kind of rare that I don't like a PC recipe so I may try again sometime, but hmm.........

KellyTheChef said:
OK...I made the lemon cake in the fluted pan. I doubled the recipe (used a regular sized cake mix and doubled the rest of the ingredients) I put 12 slices of lemon on the bottom of the pan, and baked it at 350 for 45 minutes. Perfect!

Two things...I added lemon zest to the glaze to make it more "lemony" and I think next time I will use a lemon cake mix instead of yellow. I *LOVE* lemon, though...so I would love more of a lemon flavor.

Oh! DON'T use margarine to make the glaze. I did, and had to dump it and remake the glaze. It tasted NASTY. My new glaze (using real butter) was soooooooo much better!
Thanks again Kelly for sharing this full version, I am making this one at my 100th show celebration-Spring Preview party! I can't wait to try it!:D

cookingwithhart said:

Using fresh pineapple is always good, but you need to make sure and let the juice drain out of it. It has much more moisture than canned pineapple.

I'm thinking about making this for my show this next week. Is it really easy?

DebbieJ said:
The Strawberry Cream Trifle is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

I had my Host Appreciation Event last weekend and made:

- Triple Citrus Mojitos (without Rum...it was in the middle of the day)
- Greek Cheese Torta
- Chicken Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
- Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes
- Summer Berry Shortcakes

The hands-down favorite was the Greek Cheese Torta, with the Summer Berry Shortcakes a close runner up. Cheeseburger salad was also popular.

So, I guess I know what I'll be offering early in the season. :chef:

tabnat80 said:
I'm thinking about making this for my show this next week. Is it really easy?
Yup very easy and delicious.
I used the Almond Accents that are with the salad dressings. It was a bag of Oven toasted sliced almonds. It cut out the step of cutting them and toasting them. I made it for a cluster meeting and it was well liked.

Just had taco salad for dinner, using the taco meat from the power cooking show - it was perfect for Taco Salad! I think if I do more Power Cooking shows, I will suggest this for the demo recipe. Shows a lot of tools - including the salad spinner - and is really good!

its_me_susan said:
If you do this let us know how long to cook and how it turned out please. would you quarter the lemon slice?

For those of you who have done the glazed lemon cakes... would you do it over again with lemon cake mix or keep it with just the yellow mix? Or what about poppyseed cake mix? that used to be one of my fave flavors!??

Just wondering, I will be doing this whole fluted version, courtesy of Kelly's suggestions.

<h2> What are the most frequently asked questions about "Who Has Tried the New Recipes?"</h2><p>1. What are the new recipes for the F/W season?</p><p>2. Have you tried the Lemon Cakes and Cheeseburger Salad from the TEAM meeting?</p><p>3. How did the recipes turn out at the meeting?</p><p>4. Which recipe was your favorite?</p><p>5. Can you share any tips or modifications for these new recipes?</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "Who Has Tried the New Recipes?"

1. What are the new recipes for the F/W season?

2. Have you tried the Lemon Cakes and Cheeseburger Salad from the TEAM meeting?

3. How did the recipes turn out at the meeting?

4. Which recipe was your favorite?

5. Can you share any tips or modifications for these new recipes?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • debswork
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • esavvymom