• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has Tried the Latest F/W Recipes and Their Variations?

In summary, TEAM meeting and cluster meeting were held to make Lemon Cakes, Cheeseburger Salad, Hamburger Stroganoff, Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger Salad, Quiche Lorraine Tartlets, Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges, Watermelon & Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips, Casbah Chicken & Couscous, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, One-Pot Pasta, Italian Beef Hoagies, and Sloppy Joe mixes. Lemon cakes are made in the prep bowls and everyone found them to be very delicious and easy to make. Cheeseburger Salad is not appealing to some, but Bacon & Blue Cheese Burger Salad was suggested. Greek Cheese Torta was also tried and it was enjoyed. Some had difficulty with the recipes and realized that they didn't read the recipes correctly.
Chefstover2
They made the Lemon Cakes and Cheeseburger Salad at TEAM meeting on Monday and they were great (the salad was even good cold).

So I was just wondering if anyone's tried the newest F/W recipes and what your votes are for your favorites.

We made the interactive recipe for the Hamburger Stroganoff (I don't know if that's the official recipe name) at my cluster meeting on Monday, it was very good!

I have not made the Cheeseburger Salad (is not appealing to me what-so-ever), but on a Director call today, one of the gals said her team thought a "Bacon & Blue Cheese" Burger Salad would work well as well...I'm just passing that along in case anyone is looking for variety.

missyciccolella said:
I have not made the Cheeseburger Salad (is not appealing to me what-so-ever), but on a Director call today, one of the gals said her team thought a "Bacon & Blue Cheese" Burger Salad would work well as well...I'm just passing that along in case anyone is looking for variety.
yum!!! I like that idea. Because I wasn't so tickled about the cheeseburger idea but my hubby would love the bacon and blue cheese idea. Another idea, is to go ahead and keep some of the hamburger in it and then add those items. I make some really good greek meatballs that have feta cheese in them and my hubby loves them!:love:

MissChef said:
.... I make some really good greek meatballs that have feta cheese in them and my hubby loves them!:love:
:chef: recipe please :chef:

Did you see the recipes in the new training guides that will be in the new Season's Best?

Bites & Bevs
Quiche Lorraine Tartlets – Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan
Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges – Large Sheet Pan
Watermelon & Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips

Real Food Real Fast
Casbah Chicken & Couscous – Stainless 12" Covered Skillet
Chicken Tortilla Casserole – Deep Dish Baker

kspry said:
Did you see the recipes in the new training guides that will be in the new Season's Best?

Bites & Bevs
Quiche Lorraine Tartlets – Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan
Moroccan Chicken Pita Wedges – Large Sheet Pan
Watermelon & Peach Salsa with Cayenne Chips

Real Food Real Fast
Casbah Chicken & Couscous – Stainless 12" Covered Skillet
Chicken Tortilla Casserole – Deep Dish Baker
These all sound yummy!

We tried the Lemon Cakes that are made in the prep bowls.....YUM-O.... AND very very easy to make....now I know I am going to need LOTS of prep bowls.

Chicken tortilla casserole! Sounds great.

Deannasbiz said:
We tried the Lemon Cakes that are made in the prep bowls.....YUM-O.... AND very very easy to make....now I know I am going to need LOTS of prep bowls.
I'm curious how do those taste?

I have 3 sets of the prep bowls. We found we were really using them, especially since my son is diabetic and has to measure everything.

lockhartkitchen said:
I have 3 sets of the prep bowls. We found we were really using them, especially since my son is diabetic and has to measure everything.

Note to self: Get more in April!

janetupnorth said:
Note to self: Get more in April!
Noooo, they are going to be on supply order!;)

I tried the lemon cakes the first day I found the recipe and they were very delish!!! My daughter helped witht the recipe and they were very easy and very beautiful - my only advice is not to buy the largest lemon you can find - my lemons were slightly larger then the bottom of the bowls and did not lay very flat in prep but when finished cooking they had formed themselves around the cake. Highly recommend them for home or shows!!:)

The cheeseburger salad was done at my cluster meeting ... couldn't stand it because of the pickles!I want to try the lemon ones ... but I don't have enough prep bowls! Plus they'd ALL have to be eaten by me b/c Roomie hates lemon cake!

Oh girls!!! Wait til you see the rrecipes in the SBRC!! Wowza!!!!
And the new Grilling cookbooks....yummmmmoo!!!!

dannyzmom said:

OK!!! Please tell us what is in SB!!! (Oh, pretty please with sugar on top!)

Deannasbiz said:

Bet the recipe will work in the mini muffin pan, baked then drizzled too. Cute little lemon bites. I feel my waistband expanding already!

dannyzmom said:

I agree - especially that grilling book!

more recipesforgot to attach this

Attachments

• Recipes_Mini_Muffin_Pan.doc
    87 KB · Views: 243
Di_Can_Cook said:
The cheeseburger salad was done at my cluster meeting ... couldn't stand it because of the pickles!

I want to try the lemon ones ... but I don't have enough prep bowls! Plus they'd ALL have to be eaten by me b/c Roomie hates lemon cake!
Funny I wanted to do this recipe for my meeting and I didn't because I didn't have pickles! :)

We made the Tacos from the Power Cooking Show last night. They were a little too pasty. Next time I might try it with half of the tomato paste. Other than that they were pretty good for Tacos. I froze the Stroganoff and Chili for later in the week. I also bought the ingredients to make the Cheeseburger Salad and the Lemon Cakes. I'll let you know how those go once we've tried them!

I had the Greek Cheese Torta and it was sooo good! I had it the way the recipe states, but tonight for our end of year meeting I am making it with roasted red peppers which I think will be even better!

When all else fails--read the recipe!!!!!. I tried the lemon cakes and couldn't figure out why the batter was SO thick! Jiffy cake mix!!! WELL DUH!!!! A regular 18 oz cake mix comes out pretty dense (like me I guess!)
Live and Learn!

One Pot PastaWe tried the One-Pot Pasta tonight - It was wonderful!!!

(DH thinks we should have it once a week! LOL!)

I followed the recipe using the 1 lb box of regular Penne. Wondering if anyone has tried it using whole wheat or multi grain pasta - those boxes are only 13-14 oz so I wasn't sure how it would change the recipe. I am going to try the whole wheat pasta next time.

Also, I used 2 cans reg chicken broth and 1 can reduced sodium/fat. It turned out great. Next time I might try 2 cans of the reduced sodium broth.

It was very easy and delish! And it makes a lot!

The only problem is that I CAN'T DEMO THIS! From what I can tell the 8 qt stock pots are only available in sets!!! Ugh! I really wish they would let us buy the pot! (At home I am using my W-S brand - but can't do that at a show!!!!) I guess if I have a host who has the set then I can use hers....

I tried the lemon cakes and couldn't figure out why the batter was SO thick! Jiffy cake mix!!! WELL DUH!!!! A regular 18 oz cake mix comes out pretty dense (like me I guess!)

At least I am not the only one. I did the same thing. :rolleyes:

pamperedposey said:
We made the Tacos from the Power Cooking Show last night. They were a little too pasty. Next time I might try it with half of the tomato paste.

Funny, I made them and found them too soupy! Next time I'll use less salsa :D

Chefstover2 said:
Funny, I made them and found them too soupy! Next time I'll use less salsa :D

The salsa I used was really thick, so that might have been why mine didn't get soupy. Plus when you let it simmer some of that evaporates.

I made the Italian Beef Hoagies for dinner tonight, and froze the Stroganoff and Sloppy Joe mixes. The Hoagies were pretty good, and the Sloppy Joe mix was yummo! (I didn't sample the stroganoff yet).

straitfan said:
When all else fails--read the recipe!!!!!. I tried the lemon cakes and couldn't figure out why the batter was SO thick! Jiffy cake mix!!! WELL DUH!!!! A regular 18 oz cake mix comes out pretty dense (like me I guess!)
Live and Learn!
Oh my. I soooo just realized by this post that that was what I did wrong! And I even watched the demo! The middle of the cakes were fine, but the outside was pure batter. And I could barely stir the mix and I was thinking, "it didn't look this hard in the video." Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking forward to making them at a show this weekend and felt upset that mine came out so horrible. Now on to try them again tomorrow!

Glad my uh-oh helped someone else. I haven't gotten a new cake mix to try again. I realized when stirring the batter what I had done, so I cooked them for about 9 minutes so they were done through, just very dense! My DH thought they were pretty good anyway and ate them all up! LOL!

We made the one pot pasta last night at our cluster meeting and the new choclate cake. The cake was a bit dry but tasty. Can I say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pasta. I am making it for dinner tomorrow night. They have done a great job with the recipes this season.

This site so rocks! I hosted a joint cluster recipe review today and the lemon cakes just 'did not work'....now I know why!

The other recipes we made:

- Sloppy Joe (from Power Cooking): WOW WOW WOW. I am not a sloppy joe fan, but these were delicious. Incredibly simple: just add ketchup and the Smokey BBQ seasoning to the cooked ground beef. What a full flavor!

- Beef Strogenoff (sp?) (also from Power Cooking): Also very good. One of the gals hates sour cream, but really liked the flavor when combined with cream of mushroom soup. Easy to make and shows a lot of tools.

- Cheeseburger Salad: This recipe didn't initally interest me at all, but now that I've had it, YUM-O. I don't generally like pickles, but they gave the meat a great and different flavor. Presentation is great.

- Velvety Chocolate Cake w/Stawberries: We agree with all the other wonderful things already posted about this one. (I also want to try a raspberry version.)

leggy

I am making the lemon cakes and the chicken tortilla casserole for a carry in dinner for church tomorrow. I will let you all know how they turn out! I may make the lemon cake in the fluted pan (just double the recipe) cuz I REFUSE to make micro cakes as a demo...too many problems with different microwaves not working consistantly! No matter what, I will report back!

Bought the ingredients to make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole for tonight but ended up making Smashed Potato Soup. For some reason I've looked at that recipe and never made it (it was talked about on here the other day and stirred my interest!) YUM...so easy and my family loved it.

I also bought the ingredients for the lemon cakes. I bought a yellow JIFFY :D cake mix like the recipe calls for but they had a lemon cake mix too. Gonna try them both and see which tastes better. Oh how I hate :) to have to make the recipe twice but someone's got to do it!

Don't know if it's just me but more of the new recipes sound really good this season. In the past there have been some really whack (to borrow a word from my teenagers!) ingredients that I refused to try.

Looking forward to lots of tax deductions on my grocery list as I try new things!!

Your right about the Cheesburger Salad...I didn't think I would like, but I tried - before serving it at a show...and I loved it! I did it at my show yesterday and and everyone at the show fell in love with it! We even made it with Turkey Burger! Taste just like a Cheeseburger Whooper without the bun!

I just booked a Power Cooking show today, so I'm making 3 of the recipes tomorrow - can't wait! And, I'm having a meeting with 3 of my team members on Tue., and I'm going to make the Lemon cakes ahead (thanks for the tip!) and we're going to make the Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad together. I'll let you know how they turn out!

CHEFJULIERUN said:
Your right about the Cheesburger Salad...I didn't think I would like, but I tried - before serving it at a show...and I loved it! I did it at my show yesterday and and everyone at the show fell in love with it! We even made it with Turkey Burger! Taste just like a Cheeseburger Whooper without the bun!
I made it with ground turkey too. When it's cold, it tastes like a cold cheeseburger. lol

Review of Glazed Lemon Cake using Fluted Stone...OK...I made the lemon cake in the fluted pan. I doubled the recipe (used a regular sized cake mix and doubled the rest of the ingredients) I put 12 slices of lemon on the bottom of the pan, and baked it at 350 for 45 minutes. Perfect!

Two things...I added lemon zest to the glaze to make it more "lemony" and I think next time I will use a lemon cake mix instead of yellow. I *LOVE* lemon, though...so I would love more of a lemon flavor.

Oh! DON'T use margarine to make the glaze. I did, and had to dump it and remake the glaze. It tasted NASTY. My new glaze (using real butter) was soooooooo much better!

Ok. . . Thanks I am no officially STARVING! I have been eyeing up all the new recipes and now I can't wait to make the all.

UPDATE: I made 3 of the 5 Power Cooking Recipes tonight - prepared the Beef Stroganoff for dinner (YUM!!) and froze the Chili and the Sloppy Joes for later this week. I can just tell from the smell of them that they're going to be just as yummy, and DH can't wait to try them, too (I let him pick his favorite 3!). It is such a great thing to make on the weekend to prepare for a busy week ahead, and I booked a show on Sat. just talking about how I would do a Power Cooking show and prepare 3 recipes (2 for the freezer) - one lady just jumped up and said "I WANT TO DO THAT SHOW!" LOL!!! :DI'm going to try the Lemon cakes tomorrow and the Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit salad on Tue, so I'll be back with more updates!

The Strawberry Cream Trifle is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

CHEFJULIERUN said:

Totally agree!! Made it Fri night, cause that's what I was making for my Sat. show & I wanted to try it first! The one thing I did was I seasoned the meat, as I was cooking it, with Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub & did another batch with the new Chipolte Rub~both were awesome, although I really liked the Crushed Peppercorn one!! YUM-O is right!!!!!

I made the Lemon Cakes in the Prep Bowls with my daughter tonight and they were delicious!! They didn't slide out of the prep bowls right away, but they came out all in one piece when they did come out. I buttered and sugared the bowls and patted around the sides when they came out and I only let them cool for about 5 minutes (it says on the DVD not to let them cool too long or the sugar gets syrupy and sticks). I don't know of anything I could have done differently.

I put the extras in the fridge, but I'm wondering if they will still taste Ok tomorrow. I don't like the Miracle Cake after if has sat out.

I posted in another thread about this, I think - the sloppy joes were loved by all at lunch today.

Didn't have buns, so we put it on toast.

straitfan said:
Live and Learn!

Mine was really thick too. I guess I should have read more as well. They were still very good.

pamperedposey said:
I made the Lemon Cakes in the Prep Bowls with my daughter tonight and they were delicious!! They didn't slide out of the prep bowls right away, but they came out all in one piece when they did come out. I buttered and sugared the bowls and patted around the sides when they came out and I only let them cool for about 5 minutes (it says on the DVD not to let them cool too long or the sugar gets syrupy and sticks). I don't know of anything I could have done differently.

I put the extras in the fridge, but I'm wondering if they will still taste Ok tomorrow. I don't like the Miracle Cake after if has sat out.

We had ours in the fridge for a couple days to eat the rest. The cake was still good but the lemon on top of my last one was a little tart so the cake right below it was tart. :yuck: I wish they had a puckered face smiley!

My aunt called me last night to ask if the batter was supposed to be like cookie dough? I remembered thinking my mix was a little thick because there wasn't very much liquid in it. Told her it should be all right. Then she started scooping and said it was coming out in balls and wouldn't fill the cup properly. Then it hit me, I asked her what size of batter she used. Sure enough she grabbed a regular cake mix! She emailed me later and said they were no good. I told her to try again with the right cake mix, I guaranteed they'd be good.

Wish PC made that stand out more. As I've been cooking more recipes, I try to write down on my grocery list the exact size they tell us to get so I don't get too much or too little of something.

:balloon: :balloon: I feel so much better after reading all these posts, to know that it wasn't obvious to everyone but me that it was the small cake mix. Now we can point that out to our customers and save them some grief.

DebbieJ said:
The Strawberry Cream Trifle is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

I saw this in the SB when I got my change over kit this weekend. This recipe is right up my alley!

I just got my changeover kit and I REALLY need some greek rub now. I want to try the Greek Cheese Torta so bad now!!!!!

ChefBeckyD - if you read this I think it'd go great with my pasta salad with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes!!!!

Help! I can't find the Jiffy cake mix in stores around here! I live on the coast of MA. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
<h2> What are the most frequently asked questions about "Who Has Tried the New Recipes?"</h2><p>1. What are the new recipes for the F/W season?</p><p>2. Have you tried the Lemon Cakes and Cheeseburger Salad from the TEAM meeting?</p><p>3. How did the recipes turn out at the meeting?</p><p>4. Which recipe was your favorite?</p><p>5. Can you share any tips or modifications for these new recipes?</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "Who Has Tried the New Recipes?"

1. What are the new recipes for the F/W season?

2. Have you tried the Lemon Cakes and Cheeseburger Salad from the TEAM meeting?

3. How did the recipes turn out at the meeting?

4. Which recipe was your favorite?

5. Can you share any tips or modifications for these new recipes?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • debswork
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • esavvymom