• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Benefits of Having a 800 Number for Out-of-State Customers

In summary, having an 800 number for your business can provide several benefits such as projecting a professional image, convenience for customers, increased customer reach, portability, and call tracking and analytics. While the cost may vary, it is typically around $10 a month and can be a worthwhile investment for businesses, especially those with customers located outside of their local area.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I've been thinking about getting a 800 number for my customers who live out of state. I read somewhere you can get one for around $10 a month. I'm wondering who else has one and do you feel it is worth the investment.

I have oneI have had one for a couple of years. We got it when my husband was an over the road truck driver. Wow its been 9 years!! Anyway you get charged by the minute. I don't use it for customers. My daughter who is in the Airforce has used it the most. I think it is .10 a minute for ours. Laura

I have had an 800 number for my business for several years now and I definitely feel that it is worth the investment. Here are some reasons why:1. Professional image: Having an 800 number makes your business look more professional and established, especially to customers who are located outside of your local area.2. Convenience for customers: Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to call a toll-free number, especially if they are located in a different time zone or don't want to incur long-distance charges.3. Increased customer reach: With an 800 number, you can expand your customer base beyond your local area and potentially reach customers in other states or even countries.4. Portability: An 800 number is not tied to a specific location, so if you move your business, you can take the number with you without having to change it on all of your marketing materials.5. Call tracking and analytics: Many 800 number providers offer call tracking and analytics, which can provide valuable insights into your customers' calling habits and help you improve your marketing and customer service strategies.Overall, I believe that having an 800 number can be a valuable tool for businesses, especially those with customers located outside of their local area. The cost is relatively low, and the benefits can greatly outweigh it. I would definitely recommend considering getting one for your business.

What is a 800 number?

A 800 number is a toll-free telephone number that allows the caller to reach the business or individual without being charged for the call. The recipient of the call pays for the cost of the call instead.

How do I get a 800 number?

You can get a 800 number by contacting a telecommunications provider or a virtual phone service company. They will assign you a unique 800 number that you can use for your business or personal use.

How much does it cost to have a 800 number?

The cost of a 800 number varies depending on the provider and the features included. Generally, there is a monthly or yearly fee for the number and additional charges for usage and added features. Some providers also offer free 800 numbers with a certain plan or package.

Who can have a 800 number?

Anyone can have a 800 number, whether it is for personal or business use. However, businesses and organizations are more likely to have 800 numbers as they provide a convenient and cost-effective way for customers to reach them.

Can I transfer my existing phone number to a 800 number?

Some providers may allow you to transfer your existing phone number to a 800 number, but this may incur additional fees. It is best to check with your provider for their specific policies and procedures for transferring numbers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • hcjeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • raebates