• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Fundraising Success: Tips and Advice from a Relay for Life Veteran

In summary, Teresa Robeson wants to do more fundraising, but is unsure about how to get started. She first did a fundraiser last week with her local Relay for Life Teams and raised $4482.50. She then asks for help on ideas for more fundraisers, specifically for local groups.
whiteyteresa
I need some help :confused:

I want to do more fundraising. I just did my first fundraiser last week. It was with my local Relay for Life Teams. I knew the lady in charge of the cancer society so it was very easy to get that one started. That fundraiser was with 6 teams together and the grand total was $4482.50. :) :) GREAT.

Now I want to do some more fundraising but I am not sure how to get started. I am very unsure about talking to people about their group/organization when I know nothing about them. I have been involved with the Relay for the past 5 years. It is very important and close to my heart because of my mom. She got our family involved because of her support group. My mom battled 5 different cancers – 4 of them being primary and 4 of them being in 4 years. She passed away September 5, 2003. That is why it was very easy for me to do that one.

So my question is

What groups should I contact?
Who do I ask for?
What do I say to the people?

PLEASE Help with all the information you can. Please give details instructions

:) Teresa Robeson:)
[email protected]

Highschools in your town. I am doing a fundraiser with next years senior class over the summer. Talk to someone there about helping them raise money for Project Graduation. Or the Junior class for the prom. The marching band....
Worked great for me, because if one group doesn't want to, they usually know someone at the school who will!

How do fund raisers work? I mean do you make commission or do you put that to the cause? This is my 3rd month with TPC. Thanks for your help. I love this website.

Teresa,

Can you help with ideas on the fundraiser you did for the RFL teams? I was contacted by our local event chair and I would like to help our local teams with a fundraiser.

Hello Teresa, First of all, congratulations on the success of your first fundraiser for Relay for Life! It's amazing that you were able to raise $4482.50 with just 6 teams. As for doing more fundraising, it's great that you have a cause that is close to your heart and that you are passionate about. This will make it easier for you to approach different groups and organizations. Here are some tips for getting started:1. Start with your personal network: Reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances and let them know about your fundraising efforts. They may have connections to different groups or organizations that you can reach out to.2. Research local groups and organizations: Look for organizations in your community that align with your cause or have a similar mission. These could be hospitals, cancer support groups, or even local businesses that may be interested in supporting your cause.3. Contact the right person: Once you have a list of potential groups and organizations, find out who the best person to contact would be. This could be the fundraising coordinator, event planner, or even the CEO. Make sure to address them by name in your initial contact.4. Have a clear message: When reaching out to these groups, be sure to have a clear and concise message about your cause and why you are raising funds for it. Share your personal story and how it has affected you. This will help to make a personal connection with the person you are speaking to.5. Offer different options: When approaching different groups, offer them different options for fundraising. This could be through selling products, hosting an event, or even setting up a donation page. Make sure to tailor your approach to each group and their specific needs.I hope these tips help you in your fundraising efforts. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for support. Your cause is a worthy one and I'm sure many people would be happy to help. Best of luck to you! Sincerely,

1. What is the most effective way to motivate team members to participate in a Relay for Life fundraiser?

The most effective way to motivate team members is to communicate the impact of their participation. Share the mission of the American Cancer Society and how their fundraising efforts will directly support cancer patients and their families. Additionally, offering incentives such as team prizes or recognition can also motivate team members to participate.

2. How can we reach our fundraising goal as a team?

The key to reaching your fundraising goal is to have a well-organized and diverse fundraising plan. This can include hosting events, selling products, reaching out to friends and family for donations, and utilizing online fundraising platforms. Don't be afraid to get creative and involve your team members in brainstorming ideas.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when fundraising for Relay for Life?

One common mistake is not setting a realistic fundraising goal. It's important to set a goal that is challenging but achievable. Another mistake is not utilizing social media and other online tools to reach a larger audience. It's also important to keep track of donations and thank donors promptly to show appreciation.

4. How can we keep our team motivated throughout the fundraising process?

One way to keep your team motivated is to regularly communicate with them and provide updates on the team's progress. Sharing success stories and the impact of their efforts can also serve as motivation. Hosting team building events and recognizing team members for their hard work can also help boost morale.

5. Are there any tips for making the most out of our fundraising event?

First and foremost, make sure to promote your event well in advance and to a wide audience. Utilize social media, flyers, and word of mouth to spread the word. Additionally, involve your team members in planning and organizing the event to ensure everyone is invested in its success. Lastly, consider reaching out to local businesses for sponsorships or donations to help offset costs and increase the funds raised.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows