• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unseen Faces and Missing Leaders: A Recap of Our Baltimore Spring Launch

or understand what he was saying half the time because he was laughing so hard.Thank you for providing a summary of the content.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
To stir up a little trouble...Did anyone see the new Marketing Director? I think that's her title. She was with Jean at our Baltimore Spring Launch. Blond. I think Jean gave her credit for coming up with the seasonal marketing guide idea. I did not see her at conference. I thought she would be one of those people making an appearance on stage.That guy with Dan doing the sports cast. What is his title?Did anyone else notice that 3 of the Top 5 sellers weren't there?

Last edited:
I believe Chris Manion told us at lunch on Saturday that Tony (the other guy with Dan) was a Sales Marketing guy...but I don't remember his full title. He's been there about 6 months.

I missed Susie Lite -- I loved her! She left for another company. Yes, the missing top-sellers was strange.

We were wondering about Duska Mills? Anyone have a scoop on her?

almondfarm said:
We were wondering about Duska Mills? Anyone have a scoop on her?

I thought I had seen her at some point....but not 100% sure.

Tony is the other guys name, he was at our SL meeting. He had just started with the company shortly before that. It was pretty funny because he started the meeting basically reading the "script" but then let loose and winged it a lot and he was hilarious!! Good to team him up with Dan! My director mentioned that it seemed forever that they were waiting in line during the "march" but they couldn't hear all the commentary going on. She was really worried that people were getting board. I told her that those two made it fun and exciting and I laughed several times at Tony's comments.

Cora Fischer told me that the "Summer's Best" challenge is Tony's baby! I talked to him a little about it during the New Director Reception, and he's really nice, and excited about all of this!

wadesgirl said:
Tony is the other guys name, he was at our SL meeting. He had just started with the company shortly before that. It was pretty funny because he started the meeting basically reading the "script" but then let loose and winged it a lot and he was hilarious!! Good to team him up with Dan! My director mentioned that it seemed forever that they were waiting in line during the "march" but they couldn't hear all the commentary going on. She was really worried that people were getting board. I told her that those two made it fun and exciting and I laughed several times at Tony's comments.

Their Sports Center Schtick was one of the best parts of the General Sessions. I thought Dan & Tony were hilarious, and played off each other really well. Like a Male version of Marla & Jean.:D

Did you see me??? balloon hat.jpg

ChefBeckyD said:
Their Sports Center Schtick was one of the best parts of the General Sessions. I thought Dan & Tony were hilarious, and played off each other really well. Like a Male version of Marla & Jean.:D

Maybe it was good if you could hear them. Where we were, we couldn't hear them. I thought the parade went on and on and on...

jwpamp said:
I missed Susie Lite -- I loved her! She left for another company. Yes, the missing top-sellers was strange.

I miss Susie, too! Seems like a lot of change in staff at HO in the past year or two. They also seem more stressed out. Guess it's a sign of the economy and the need to post good #s.

Duska didn't attend conference this year. David Meehan wasn't going to attend, but HO talked him into going at least for the awards/recognition session.

Last year I was supposed to teach a workshop with one of this year's top 5 in sales. SHe was unable to attend because of family commitments. My guess is she had something similar going on.
Is everything ok with Duska? I met her a couple of times and she seems so nice.

Chef Kearns said:
Duska didn't attend conference this year. David Meehan wasn't going to attend, but HO talked him into going at least for the awards/recognition session.

I'm shocked that David didnt teach a workshop. He did the 1st supersellers one about 3 yrs ago and I was lucky enough to have him as the speaker...wow. I got more out of him on the FIRST DAY than I got from the rest of the conference. He's amazing. I'm sorry that he didnt want to stay. That's a bit surprising! :(

I believe that Tony is the new Susie Lite by title. He also is the creator of the Fast Track program. I could not hear them at all during the parade (far left side facing the stage sounded like the teacher from the Peanuts cartoon) Now I'm disappointed b/c it sounds like they were good and I was so darn bored with the parade that I got up and went walking til it was over.

Someone higher up had told my AD that the new marketing chick was no longer with TPC.

I had a friend who was with David M for something and said he was extremely negative (she was very turned off by his attitude and demeanor) and that he had his luggage with him (which I did see as he was leaving after awards.

Duska did not attend - again the scuttlebutt from the uplines that I had heard is that she has some personal family matters going on and didn't make it. Nothing serious - just had to make decisions between family matters and conference.

Who were the other top sales people who didn't make it?

I think there were a lot that didn't attend because of the week that it was on. It was very difficult for a lot of the people in my team to make a decision between family vacation and conference.

I had wondered about David M not being there after they did Circle of Honor... I should have asked the ED in my upline who went to the dinner if he was there or if he left right after the general session. Course it would look funny if your top seller didn't show for the Circle of Honor award presentation.

I loved the parade and thought it was great. Especially since we cheered for TWO ED teams since my ED promoted an ED in April.

I did see you with the ballons on your head and thought it was a great ideal.

By the way, where did Scottie Brister go?

jwpamp said:

She was at NC. I saw her.

I saw her, too. Is she not an Exec anymore?

jwpamp said:

I saw Scottie a few times mostly at breakfast and lunch. One of my favorite Directors.

Anyone know what the issue with David and conference was? I see he is a D in the new catalog wasn't he an AD.... and with all the emphasis on recruiting? Any thing to do with it? Just curious.

I don't recall him being an AD but I could be wrong. He may not even have enough to be a Director but he gets the status by being an elite seller.

trps said:
Anyone know what the issue with David and conference was? I see he is a D in the new catalog wasn't he an AD.... and with all the emphasis on recruiting? Any thing to do with it? Just curious.

The company focuses on recruiting, David doesn't. He's all about sales and it shows. Number one salesperson for how many years now? At least the last 7.

yes, #1 sales by CHEATING and PC knows it. It costs him money, but he obviously makes enough to make it worth it for him. PC doesn't lose any money in the process so they don't care.

Here's what he does. When someone has a party, they tell him what they want and what they want for their half price items. He puts it in the computer they way they tell him so he can collect the correct payment from them. Then he goes back and changes things. If they wanted the cookware half price, he puts it in for full-price and covers the cost. he will give them thier cheapest items at half price. He fully admits to this practice. It's perfectly legal, but goes against the spririt of how we should be running our businesses. To me, it takes some of the luster out of his shine.

lt1jane said:
yes, #1 sales by CHEATING and PC knows it. It costs him money, but he obviously makes enough to make it worth it for him. PC doesn't lose any money in the process so they don't care.

Here's what he does. When someone has a party, they tell him what they want and what they want for their half price items. He puts it in the computer they way they tell him so he can collect the correct payment from them. Then he goes back and changes things. If they wanted the cookware half price, he puts it in for full-price and covers the cost. he will give them thier cheapest items at half price. He fully admits to this practice. It's perfectly legal, but goes against the spririt of how we should be running our businesses. To me, it takes some of the luster out of his shine.

Considering that his annual sales are in the $200K range, I highly doubt that this is a huge percentage of his sales.

but if he does it for every party, it adds up. If the cheapest items are always the half-price items you'd be surprised by how much that can change things. Yes, he would probably have $100K yearly regardless which is awesome. To put himself over the top by using different rules just doesn't sit well.

Just curious, how do you know he does this?

I understand the above..however, it is HIS business and how he runs it. If he is not breaking any policy guidelines than there really is no room to complain how he does it. We all get to choose how we run our business under and along the policy guidelines. Is that not the beauty of being a PC entrepreneur..doing what you love and what works best for you? He is not stepping on anyone's toes.(that is also an amazing tax write-off!!)

Last edited:
I didn't get to "see" Carolyn =(
no hugs for me......

ChefCKHall said:
I understand the above..however, it is HIS business and how he runs it. If he is not breaking any policy guidelines than there really is no room to complain how he does it. We all get to choose how we run our business under and along the policy guidelines. Is that not the beauty of being a PC entrepreneur..doing what you love and what works best for you? He is not stepping on anyone's toes.

Agreed. And he covers the cost himself so it's not like he is bilking anyone out of $$.
I don't think he has ever gone higher than director status. He did, however, earn excellence in 2 categories so he has to have a decent team. We fall under the same exec umbrella ( although my director is a NED, so we are not in the same exec groups at conference if that makes any sense.) And she, the exec, not my NED, sends her recognition newsletters to us as well. His personal and team sales are always listed and while his personal sales, as always, are amazing, his team sales aren't bad either.

Last edited:
You also have to realize that he does 20-30 shows a month so that's how his sales are so huge. I don't feel like we can say much about him unless we know him personally even if it's what we've "heard". Sometimes that stuff isn't always true.On that same note sometimes these people have lives too and sometimes they interfere with things like conference. They cannot always help it just as we cannot help why we cannot make conference or other trainings. We don't know why David had to leave so quickly so we should quit trying to spread rumors around that may nor may not be true.

Sometimes people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. same broken record...

ChefCKHall said:
I understand the above..however, it is HIS business and how he runs it. If he is not breaking any policy guidelines than there really is no room to complain how he does it. We all get to choose how we run our business under and along the policy guidelines. Is that not the beauty of being a PC entrepreneur..doing what you love and what works best for you? He is not stepping on anyone's toes.

(that is also an amazing tax write-off!!)

Actually, there are limits. You are only allowed to claim $35 in "gifts" to one person per year. So he couldn't write off $200 of cookware to one person unless he's found another way to do it (if he's entering it as a "Gift").

Definitely not a method I would even consider. :D Too complicated. My NED (hosp) talks alot about splitting host specials, giving free shipping, etc, to get bookings and such. That's great, but it adds up too and my out-of-pocket costs become much higher than I want. It might work for her with 40% discount, but I'm not there yet.

esavvymom said:
Actually, there are limits. You are only allowed to claim $35 in "gifts" to one person per year. So he couldn't write off $200 of cookware to one person unless he's found another way to do it (if he's entering it as a "Gift").

Definitely not a method I would even consider. :D Too complicated. My NED (hosp) talks alot about splitting host specials, giving free shipping, etc, to get bookings and such. That's great, but it adds up too and my out-of-pocket costs become much higher than I want. It might work for her with 40% discount, but I'm not there yet.

The thing is, we don't know that he's entering it as a gift. My guess is that he isn't. And although most of us aren't there, if he is willing to eat the incentive cost, which he makes 32% back in commission, then good for him. Like some have said, it's not for everybody. We all have different needs from this business and different approaches. His clearly works for him.

This practice of David's is used by many in the company. By no means is he alone. When you think about the added commission he receives by 'playing' with the numbers, it pays back almost all (if not all) of the out of pocket expenses he originally put up to close the show. I learned about this method from a VERY popular higher up when I first started with the biz 2 yrs ago. I was also taught (if I wanted to use it) by this Exec to offer all of my hosts unlimited 50% off items as a booking tool b/c after their discount and the commission, you don't really pay that much and hosts think they are getting 'a lot' and it sets you (whomever) apart from other consultants. (Don't jump all over me please for simply repeating his 'teachings')

As long as the host is not being scammed or paying more than they should have, I say, "Whats the beef?"

I think they announced for Circle of Honor that David's sales last year were $216,000.:eek: When any one of us has sales over $200k, then we have the right to criticize. :rolleyes:

ChefLoriG said:
I didn't get to "see" Carolyn =(
no hugs for me......

but I saw you from several rows away during go 4 no...i was sending you air-hugs...that's gotta count for something ;)

I didn't see Becky D....and I looked everywhere!

ShellBeach said:
Just curious, how do you know he does this?

because he told my director

I realize that numbers can be played with and as long as the customer is happy and PC gets their money nothing will be done. It does not make for a level playing field which hurts everyone else who can't/won't do that. That is my issue. I know they foot the bill themselves which is up to them, but just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest. I was just pointing out how he got his great numbers. Yes, he is an excellent salesman and would have had phenomenal numbers regardless.

I wouldn't make the comment then that his success is because he's cheating. He really is not cheating, he's working his business as he wants to. So when I see a Sr Exec offering a kit rebate for anyone joining her team, does that make her a cheater too? She's just giving more incentive to her business and running it how she wishes to so she achieves the goals she has set forth for herself and her business. She is putting up the money too.

Running a business is not always about being fair (it's like life) but having the competitive advantage (while remaining ethical) will keep the business a head above the competition.

lt1jane said:

I realize that numbers can be played with and as long as the customer is happy and PC gets their money nothing will be done. It does not make for a level playing field which hurts everyone else who can't/won't do that. That is my issue. I know they foot the bill themselves which is up to them, but just because you can do something doesn't make it right.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest. I was just pointing out how he got his great numbers. Yes, he is an excellent salesman and would have had phenomenal numbers regardless.

I disagree with this statement. I don't do that and he certainly hasn't hurt my business. There are several other top sellers in his area. The bottom line is that if you are successful working your business then you're successful working your business, regardless of what other people do. Those, as in Melissa's example, who are willing to risk more than what the company covers, reap bigger rewards. It's business and it's life.
And I understand you weren't trying to stir up a hornet's nest. I think it has made for a great discussion.:D

pamperedlinda said:
I didn't see Becky D....and I looked everywhere!

I saw you in passing!

Tony Solis is the new Sales Manager-he started in February. I met him at a two-day training he did in June in Houston.

Where did Susie Lite go? She had been with PC for a very long time.

Suzy in Texas

wadesgirl said:
I saw you in passing!

I didn't see you! You should have grabbed me....well, maybe hollered at me :)

Susie is with Rodan and Fields (skincare direct sales)

Melissa78 said:
I think they announced for Circle of Honor that David's sales last year were $216,000.:eek: When any one of us has sales over $200k, then we have the right to criticize. :rolleyes:

Yes, to put this in perspective, if your show average is $600, you'd have to do 360 shows a year. Every single day except New Years, Christmas, Easter, July 4th, and Thanksgiving. Granted, I'm certain his show average is a wee bit higher that $600, but even at an average of $1000 per show that's 216 shows a year/18 shows per month.

We should be inspired. I know I am!

lt1jane said:

Am I guilty of the same thing since I sometimes pay for the shipping for a customer? It is out of my pocket. I have a friend who will order a couple of items if I need to get a show to certain level (she always needs something) - but since she just does a few items at a time - and it helps me & my host out, I pay for the shipping for her. It does go to my sales and I am almost "bribing" her to order.

Or how about the times when we offer a % off all orders? We are paying for the difference since it is a personal promotion - and it generates sales - maybe more than we would have gotten without that % off offering.

So, us offering things (shipping/% off or the kit rebates as Melissa mentions), is this considered wrong - or considered unethical?

Not trying to stir anything up...just curious.

kam said:
Am I guilty of the same thing since I sometimes pay for the shipping for a customer? It is out of my pocket. I have a friend who will order a couple of items if I need to get a show to certain level (she always needs something) - but since she just does a few items at a time - and it helps me & my host out, I pay for the shipping for her. It does go to my sales and I am almost "bribing" her to order.

Or how about the times when we offer a % off all orders? We are paying for the difference since it is a personal promotion - and it generates sales - maybe more than we would have gotten without that % off offering.

So, us offering things (shipping/% off or the kit rebates as Melissa mentions), is this considered wrong - or considered unethical?

Not trying to stir anything up...just curious.
in my opinion as long as we are following our agreements it is just fine to offer whatever specials we choose to and we can afford. I can't afford to offer the same deals others might and I can afford to offer more than some. My only objection to offering our own deals is that it could be saying that our company doesn't give enough and I feel that PC is VERY generous to our hosts and guests.

Some customers feel we should offer more deals because we get a discount and they want part or all of it. They think we get as much as 50% as some companies such as MK do. When we run across that we need to try to make them understand how it works. We get a good discount and have opportunities to buy or earn everything free or at 50 or even 60% off but we don't get that on a regular sale.

<h2>1. Did anyone see the new Marketing Director at our Baltimore Spring Launch?</h2><p>Yes, the new Marketing Director was in attendance at our Baltimore Spring Launch. She was introduced by Jean during the event and was credited for coming up with the seasonal marketing guide idea.</p><h2>2. What is the title of the person who was on stage with Dan for the sports cast?</h2><p>The person who was on stage with Dan for the sports cast is the Head of Marketing for our sports line. He was there to showcase our new sports-themed products and promotions.</p><h2>3. Did anyone else notice that 3 of the Top 5 sellers were not in attendance?</h2><p>Yes, it was noticed that 3 of the Top 5 sellers were not present at the Baltimore Spring Launch. However, they were still recognized and celebrated for their sales achievements by Jean during the event.</p><h2>4. Is the new Marketing Director a blonde?</h2><p>Yes, the new Marketing Director is a blonde. She was easily recognizable at the Baltimore Spring Launch event.</p><h2>5. What is the role of the Marketing Director at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The Marketing Director at Pampered Chef is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and campaigns to promote our products and increase sales. They also work closely with other departments to ensure cohesive branding and messaging for the company.</p>

1. Did anyone see the new Marketing Director at our Baltimore Spring Launch?

Yes, the new Marketing Director was in attendance at our Baltimore Spring Launch. She was introduced by Jean during the event and was credited for coming up with the seasonal marketing guide idea.

2. What is the title of the person who was on stage with Dan for the sports cast?

The person who was on stage with Dan for the sports cast is the Head of Marketing for our sports line. He was there to showcase our new sports-themed products and promotions.

3. Did anyone else notice that 3 of the Top 5 sellers were not in attendance?

Yes, it was noticed that 3 of the Top 5 sellers were not present at the Baltimore Spring Launch. However, they were still recognized and celebrated for their sales achievements by Jean during the event.

4. Is the new Marketing Director a blonde?

Yes, the new Marketing Director is a blonde. She was easily recognizable at the Baltimore Spring Launch event.

5. What is the role of the Marketing Director at Pampered Chef?

The Marketing Director at Pampered Chef is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and campaigns to promote our products and increase sales. They also work closely with other departments to ensure cohesive branding and messaging for the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinmama
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies