• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meeting and Mingling with Cheffers at Wave 3 Conference: My Recap

In summary, the author was not able to attend the MnG for Wave 3, but met many Cheffers throughout the conference. They enjoyed their breakfast with Carolyn on Day 3 and their banquet night with Chef Bobby.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I wasn't able to go to the MnG for Wave 3 - I'd been up since 3am, and was dead on my feet that night, plus I was staying in the Sheraton, and it was at the Hilton.

I was able to see many Cheffers throughout conference though, and got to hang out with several.

RaeBates - meet her at Merrill booth first morning - and got to chat with her for a while, and then got to sit with her at Career Club Luncheon - YEA! We also sat with Chef Fran from NY, but she doesn't post much she said....

Janetupnorth - We are in the same big cluster, and I saw her a lot, but the most fun was keeping each other awake in our last Workshop...we were passing notes like Jr. Highers. It was fun!:D

Kathy's Kitchen - Her director is my AD, so we had dinner together first night, and also got to sit at the same table for our Exec. Banquet!

Paulette (Etteluap) - kept missing her, but we did get to sit together at the Exec Banquet...finally!

Ginger - Umm, okay, Ginger attacked me at the end of the Career Club Luncheon, and I got a picture with her. It's perfectly fine that she attacked me - I was happy to see her! Love ya Gin! :love:

DannyzMom - Met Carolyn briefly at the end of Career Club luncheon also.

I'm sure there are others - I'll have to keep remembering....

I met Rae at the MnG, as well as Deb&Dave and Kathy's Kitchen. I know there were more of you there, but I was tired and I can't remember who all was there. I think aussiecooks, maybe?I also saw Rae in one of my workshops, and she introduced me to DannyzMom at breakfast on Day 3. I saw Chef Bobby in a couple of places, and he took a picture with our group on Banquet night because we were all dressed up.I also had breakfast with Deb&Dave on Day 3.

I saw/met oodles of people. Waaaay too many to remember. I'm afraid if I start listening them I'll leave someone out and their feelings will be hurt. I did have fun at breakfast on Thursday with cOOp and DEB&DAVE.

I met Rae yesterday at General closing. I was with my friend Diana who just HAD to have a pic w/ Rae and had kind of been stalking her throughout conference! LOL I said she needs to start a fan club! Rae, you are Diana's IDOL...:love:

I met Carolyn (danyzmom) first thing day one on the buss from the Sheraton. '
I found Rae going into the 2nd General session day 2.
Spotted BeckyD a few imes and finally got to meet and hang out at our Exec Banquet ( was so grateful to have such a nice group to hang out with since I was without any of my direct line of consultants)
Janet found me at General session day 2. Saw her at the banquet too.
KathysKitchen was at my banquet too and was at the table with Becky and her group.
KaseyDee (I know I'm spelling it wrong sory!) we kept running into each other on the shuttles

It was so great to meet all of you!

Last edited:
It is official..Rae is a ROCK STAR!!! Ummm...ask her how she got that bruise on her inner right thigh...possible groin muscle pull (hey, mid west Mom goes to the big windy city and sometimes those beautiful red heads get a little out of hand!!)

I rekindled friendships with Rae, Carolyn (dannyzmom), Janet (janetupnorth) met Kristi, Colleen Finley (now only with DS), diane (quiverfill), met Deb & Dave, Geekgirl, Gewndolyn (chefgwendolyn), Bobbi (esavvymom)...OMG...and so many more! I met and had wonderful conversations with some of you that I did not get a card from and since I have a mind like our double mesh strainers, your names have escaped me...please tell me!!!

SO glad that I finally made it to a Meet and Greet but should have gone to bed at a decent time...I was oh so tired and my brains were fried the next day.

Truly, meeting and getting to know all of you made conference such a richer experience. Diane, I have already taught 2 of my 3 team leaders about the coaching tips section of Consultant Connection. If I shift my ways (aka...CHANGE) then it will make such a positive difference in my business and my team's business. I don't resist change that much...I just have a hard time not falling back into routines that used to work but now are outdated.

Becky! You weren't supposed to tell! LOL! Is your recruit's daughter doing better now?

Can't believe I missed Diane... :( So sad...

I too was tired (still am and still am not home). I have 2 days of class in Kenosha before I can head home! I missed the MNG but saw Rae, Carolyn, Paulette, Becky, Kathy, Ginger, Bobby, Ann E., and trying to remember late at night who was sitting by Rae in the first session...I can picture the face but the name escapes me right now...sorry! I will remember in a day or so!

janetupnorth said:
Becky! You weren't supposed to tell! LOL! Is your recruit's daughter doing better now?

I too was tired (still am and still am not home). I have 2 days of class in Kenosha before I can head home! I missed the MNG but saw Rae, Carolyn, Paulette, Becky, Kathy, Ginger, Bobby, Ann E., and trying to remember late at night who was sitting by Rae in the first session...I can picture the face but the name escapes me right now...sorry! I will remember in a day or so!

Hey Janet!

Yes, she is doing much better. I'm trying to remember what they ended up giving her, but it wasn't Benadryl. Zyrtec, maybe?

Oh - and I ran into Diane (Quiverfull), and stood and chatted with her for a while (missed my shuttle back to the hotel, and had to take the next one, but it was worth it!)

chefsteph07 said:
I met Rae yesterday at General closing. I was with my friend Diana who just HAD to have a pic w/ Rae and had kind of been stalking her throughout conference! LOL I said she needs to start a fan club! Rae, you are Diana's IDOL...:love:

As I told Diana, I'm flattered, but she really does need to raise her standards. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Becky! You weren't supposed to tell! LOL! Is your recruit's daughter doing better now?Can't believe I missed Diane... :( So sad...I too was tired (still am and still am not home). I have 2 days of class in Kenosha before I can head home! I missed the MNG but saw Rae, Carolyn, Paulette, Becky, Kathy, Ginger, Bobby, Ann E., and trying to remember late at night who was sitting by Rae in the first session...I can picture the face but the name escapes me right now...sorry! I will remember in a day or so!
That was Ann E. Esavvymom was in the row behind us.

raebates said:
As I told Diana, I'm flattered, but she really does need to raise her standards. ;)

Well, I for one, disagree. I just realized today, I didn't get a picture with you...

NooraK said:
Well, I for one, disagree. I just realized today, I didn't get a picture with you...

I think this is the first time I've seriously doubted your sanity. :p

I realized on the way home that I really didn't get pictures with many people. As a matter of fact, I didn't take many pictures at all. I was too busy talking or taking everything in. Wonderful NC!

raebates said:
I think this is the first time I've seriously doubted your sanity. :p

:D

I just think you have the attitude towards life that everyone should have, me included.

THanks, Noora. I can't tell you how much I really do appreciate that. I'll do my best to live up to your opinion of me.

janetupnorth said:

!

ME EITHER!!!!!!!! I kept looking but just didn't see you! I began to think you were hiding from me but I knew better! :)

I saw Becky before she got any sleep. Bless her heart, I looked and felt the same way the night before. She's so special! Never saw her after that though.

Um, baychef, it was me that bashed my leg climbing over the chair in that seminar. Did Rae do something worse? My bruise is HUGE and it hurts too! But it was worth it to be with that group of great people!

For some reason this year, I was way more exhausted than I was last year....so I went to the MnG, but didn't stay too long b/c I was pooped.
So, I met everyone that was at the MnG from about 9:20-9:45ish.
I met Chef Bobby in the closing session.
I hope next year to be able to meet more of you cheffers!!

quiverfull7 said:
Um, baychef, it was me that bashed my leg climbing over the chair in that seminar. Did Rae do something worse? My bruise is HUGE and it hurts too! But it was worth it to be with that group of great people!

Nope. I was wondering what she was talking about. Honestly, I figured I'd done something and completely forgotten about it. Glad to know my memory's not slipped quite that much.

Hope you're boo boo's better soon.

NooraK said:
I met Rae at the MnG, as well as Deb&Dave and Kathy's Kitchen. I know there were more of you there, but I was tired and I can't remember who all was there. I think aussiecooks, maybe?

I also saw Rae in one of my workshops, and she introduced me to DannyzMom at breakfast on Day 3.

I saw Chef Bobby in a couple of places, and he took a picture with our group on Banquet night because we were all dressed up.

I also had breakfast with Deb&Dave on Day 3.

Thanks again for the picture and being able to pose with your group.

Sorry I didn't make the mng. The team decided to go to dinner at Capi's at Navy Pier (great Italian food). I hope to meet you guys next year.

Let's see...Morfia
Cheryl
Ida
Amanda
Cathy
Ginny
Colleen and Kristi on a special wave 3 visit :)who else? Those are off the top of my head

Chef Bobby said:
Thanks again for the picture and being able to pose with your group.

You're welcome :)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ivrIMLU4sNo/SmN79dyA5YI/AAAAAAAAKwU/-xTccgmBduU/s288/Conference%20225.JPG

debbiej said:
let's see...

Morfia
cheryl
ida
amanda
cathy
ginny
colleen and kristi on a special wave 3 visit :)

who else? Those are off the top of my head

what about me? :(

raebates said:
That was Ann E. Esavvymom was in the row behind us.

I know Ann!!!! It was Esaavymom that I couldn't remember.

That's right. Esavvymom was sitting with us when you were there. She moved back as we got started. ;)

Hi! I'm Backkkkkkkkk..........
OK, I met up with.....

Kristi (Pampmom3)
Debbie J (Debbie J)
Sharon (smspamperedchef)
Becky (ChefBeckyD)
Rae (Bates)
Janet (Upnorth)
Diane (Quiverfull)
Lynda (Geekgirl)
Carolyn (Dannysmom)
I know there was more, but right now my brain is fried & so is my hard drive..:cry:
I also have some pics that I will post as soon as I get used to my new puter....:cry:

chefsteph07 said:

LOL...Steph thanks for putting me out there as the CS Stalker. Seriously though....I was a mess when I saw Rae from afar. And I did get a pic with her so I can post it on my desk! LOL.

I really love your organized tips and besides that your overall attitude towards life---thats what I hope to copy. And you know what they say: Copycats are the best form of flattery! So hold back that restraining order!:love:

If you guys haven't already, you HAVE to go read Rae's blog:

http://mommabates.wordpress.com/

I don't blush often, but you guys have made it happen several times. As I said before, I'm flattered. And, Diana, you're too adorable to be a stalker.

raebates said:
That's right. Esavvymom was sitting with us when you were there. She moved back as we got started. ;)

Sorry- not really a front-row-kind-of-girl! :D

Short as I am, I sit up front. Otherwise, normal-sized people sit in front of me and I see nothing.

1. Who did you get to meet at Wave 3 Conference?

I was able to see many Cheffers throughout the conference, but I got to meet RaeBates, Janetupnorth, Kathy's Kitchen, Paulette (Etteluap), Ginger, and DannyzMom.

2. How did you meet these Cheffers?

I met RaeBates at the Merrill booth on the first morning of the conference and then got to sit with her at the Career Club Luncheon. I also saw Janetupnorth a lot since we were in the same big cluster, and we even sat together at a workshop. I had dinner with Kathy's Kitchen, as her director is my AD, and we also sat at the same table for the Executive Banquet. I kept missing Paulette, but we finally got to sit together at the Executive Banquet. Ginger attacked me at the end of the Career Club Luncheon, but I was happy to see her and even got a picture with her. I briefly met DannyzMom at the end of the Career Club Luncheon as well.

3. Who was your favorite Cheffer to meet?

I enjoyed meeting all of the Cheffers, but it was especially fun to hang out with Janetupnorth during our workshop. We were passing notes like Jr. Highers and keeping each other awake. It was a lot of fun!

4. Did you get to meet anyone else at the conference?

Yes, I got to meet Chef Fran from NY, but she doesn't post much. I also saw many other Cheffers throughout the conference, but those were the ones I got to spend the most time with.

5. Were there any Cheffers you didn't get to meet?

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to meet Paulette (Etteluap) until the Executive Banquet. I also would have loved to meet more Cheffers, but I was exhausted and couldn't make it to the Meet and Greet event at the Hilton.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
2chefs
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
Replies
Views